Old 01-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #76  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
I don't have a cookie recipe, but do have a bit of a "cupcake" recipe that might help. I first mix about a tbsp of oil with two packets of the flavoured splenda packets (i use french vanilla) and a beaten egg white (or sometimes an entire egg) and a splash of water, then I mix in my vanilla pudding powder. I spray a mini cupcake pan with PAM and can make 12 cupcakes out of one packet. Just be sure to go easy on the oil for the rest of the day You can also experiment with different puddings/flavourings.
I'm intrigued by this, but what flavored splenda packets are you talking about?
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I'm intrigued by this, but what flavored splenda packets are you talking about?
The Splenda Flavours for Coffee. They are one carb per packet, and zero of everything else.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #78  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Well, my wagon-humping hurt, gain of one pound. I did, however, still see a good loss in inches!
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #79  
Loving the Sleeved Life

JUMPING! I don't hump wagons, even on hump-day Wednesday.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #80  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

So after 4.5 months of not cheating I went completely overboard last weekend. I think my body needed a break and so did my mind. I was out of town on business and brought everything I needed. However, while I was cutting up my veggies the first morning I sliced both thumbs open. I still brought what I had for lunch but then someone set up a snack table with ALL of my trigger foods right next to me! I lasted until 2pm when I caved and had an oreo. It was all downhill from there. 4 days later I got back on track and I'm on day 3 of the plan again. I gained 8 lbs and have already lost 3.5 of that. It's been harder to get back on track and of course get past the cravings then it was the first time around. However, I did learn some huge lessons! I really can't believe how incredibly tired and ill I felt eating all that junk food. I was also amazed at how much my stomach has shrunk! I was only able to eat a few fries and half a cheeseburger before I felt like my stomach was going to burst. So even though I'm not happy about the cheat it did open my eyes to a few things... and now I'm back on track for at least a few more months before hopefully phasing out
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #81  
Loving the Sleeved Life

Jency, I suppose it happens to the best of us. Way to pit on your big-girl pants and own up, and definitely way to go on not backsliding any further!

Bretley, I adore you now. That's all.

No OOPS this weekend! (Anyone read the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning? I still associate OOPs with "Object of Power.)
Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
So after 4.5 months of not cheating I went completely overboard last weekend. I think my body needed a break and so did my mind. I was out of town on business and brought everything I needed. However, while I was cutting up my veggies the first morning I sliced both thumbs open. I still brought what I had for lunch but then someone set up a snack table with ALL of my trigger foods right next to me! I lasted until 2pm when I caved and had an oreo. It was all downhill from there. 4 days later I got back on track and I'm on day 3 of the plan again. I gained 8 lbs and have already lost 3.5 of that. It's been harder to get back on track and of course get past the cravings then it was the first time around. However, I did learn some huge lessons! I really can't believe how incredibly tired and ill I felt eating all that junk food. I was also amazed at how much my stomach has shrunk! I was only able to eat a few fries and half a cheeseburger before I felt like my stomach was going to burst. So even though I'm not happy about the cheat it did open my eyes to a few things... and now I'm back on track for at least a few more months before hopefully phasing out
I'm so sorry about your thumbs! I know that sucks - I've cut into my pointer finger twice majorly cutting red peppers. Ugh.

I'm sure a lot of that 8 lbs was water, so good job getting back on the wagon and I hope that the cravings pass soon!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #83  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Cravings are pretty much gone and as of this morning so are the 8 lbs I'm planning to move to phase 2 at the end of March regardless of where my weight is at by then. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs before that, but come spring I like to hike a lot and there is no way I could do it on the amount of calories I'm currently consuming...
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #84  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

I have been snacking on chocolate chips for 2 days. The cravings are really bad! I hate my TOM!
machbasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

I made it 2 weeks without cheating at all, and then i decided to join my husband on a 2 day out of town trip. I did well until the first night at supper! I brought all my things but i just lost it! I ate pizza, spring rolls and chocolate! I felt crappy AND sooo tired. I continued to cheat all yesterday, i ate everything i craved so hard for the 2 weeks, but discovered it was not nearly as good as i so thought it was when i couldn't have it! I gained 5 lbs! Crazy! But i am back on and will once again truck forward, hopefully making it to my goal weight before cheating again!
aheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #86  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbelle View Post
my average weight loss a week has been between 5-7 lbs. last week i only lost 3.2 and so far this week i have lost nothing. i am not cheating and have been eating the same foods i always eat. i weigh all my stuff. any suggestions on what i am doing wrong now?
i did start to use mustard for a dip when i get steaks or chicken. but i always thought we could have that. also i started to drink hot tea. (because its been so cold here) with sweet-n-low in it. i thought we could have that as well. HELP
You were losing at an exceptional rate during the beginning because, you were a long ways from your goal. Now, you can be proud about how much you've lost but, your body is adjusting. YOU ARE THINNER! That means you no longer need as many calories in a day to sustain yourself. THAT means that you will start to slow down to the more normal 3 to 5 pound a week average most women see. When you get a little below 200 pounds, you will see yourself drop to somewhere between 1.5 and 3 pounds a week loss. THOSE ARE ALL NORMAL PATTERNS.

YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING "WRONG". THERE IS PROBABLY NO HIDDEN CHEAT! You are just getting skinny!

FYI, using a little saccharin (sweet-n-low) isn't a problem but, using it often and repeatedly in large amounts could be. It does effect insulin product for some people. It might, in large quantities, pull you from ketosis. A little in the absence of splenda is not a problem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
I have only been doing this program for 6 days - and I am one of those who did not go into ketosis on day 3 or 4 --I am not even sure I am in ketosis yet- I understand the cravings thing.
You aren't alone. Others have needed 7 to 10 days to get into ketosis. It just means those people store more glucose and glycogen in their bodies and they need more time to release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aheck View Post
I made it 2 weeks without cheating at all, and then i decided to join my husband on a 2 day out of town trip. I did well until the first night at supper! I brought all my things but i just lost it! I ate pizza, spring rolls and chocolate! I felt crappy AND sooo tired. I continued to cheat all yesterday, i ate everything i craved so hard for the 2 weeks, but discovered it was not nearly as good as i so thought it was when i couldn't have it! I gained 5 lbs! Crazy! But i am back on and will once again truck forward, hopefully making it to my goal weight before cheating again!
Awww... that really feels horrible. I am sorry to hear it. I am glad to hear you are jumping back on track.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretley View Post
The Splenda Flavours for Coffee. They are one carb per packet, and zero of everything else.
Bretley, where do you buy them? I'm having a hard time finding them. I really want to make cupcakes!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 192/185/145

Height: 5'8

Carla you are so awesome....thanks for such great support!
aheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Bretley, where do you buy them? I'm having a hard time finding them. I really want to make cupcakes!
Not Bretley - But look in the grocery store where the coffee and tea are. In Wal-mart that is where they are located!
cmsgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
The only place I've seen them is at my local drugstore. I'm in a pretty small town and haven't looked in the city- good luck in your searches!
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote