Old 01-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone. She was a great sister. She was only 57 and had fought breast cancer for the last 7 years. It's hard - I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call her to tell her something. We were very close.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #62  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Thanks everyone. She was a great sister. She was only 57 and had fought breast cancer for the last 7 years. It's hard - I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call her to tell her something. We were very close.
I'm so sorry - that's just heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #63  

Well, TOM showed up this morning - I wonder if that was one of the reasons I was having such a rough time with cravings this weekend... Funny, everyone else talks about IP messing with their cycle - it seems to be making mine more regular! It's been a while since I was having a period every month, regularly.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #64  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Well, TOM showed up this morning - I wonder if that was one of the reasons I was having such a rough time with cravings this weekend... Funny, everyone else talks about IP messing with their cycle - it seems to be making mine more regular! It's been a while since I was having a period every month, regularly.
I agree! Since having my 3rd child my cycle has been running every 21 or so days. Now I seem to be back to a 28 day cycle. Much better!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #65  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

I had absolutely terrible cravings today, TOM is coming. Thank goodness it was weigh day and my coach had southwest cheese things in stock, I had a bag for breakfast and a bag for lunch with my veg. They may have satisfied the monster for a while I hope.
Peanuts Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:04 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuts Mom View Post
I had absolutely terrible cravings today, TOM is coming. Thank goodness it was weigh day and my coach had southwest cheese things in stock, I had a bag for breakfast and a bag for lunch with my veg. They may have satisfied the monster for a while I hope.
You know those are restricted, right? Better to have two than to cheat - I just didn't know if you knew!
Old 01-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #67  
New to IP

S/C/G: 170.6/152/130

Unhappy I feel so guilty

So I have been on IP for a week and a half. Last night and today I cheated. I was craving lots of foods but mostly coffee, and sweeets. Last night I had three hand fulls of pistachios and this morning I had a pastry and some coffee with sugar and creamer. This really makes me feel bad. I had to weigh in tomorrow and I am ashamed to tell my coach I have cheated.
I don't even know if I was in ketosis already (by the way, how do you know that?) but I hope i can get back into it.
It has been really hard to see everyone at work eat all these fattening and delicious foods while I am stuck with a small salad and the IP soups for lunch. When I am by myself at home it is a little easier but once I am at work it is so hard. Does anyone have any tricks for overcoming the cravings? Please help I don't want to cheat anymore.
Lilly0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #68  
New to IP

By the way, how can I put one of those trackers on my posts?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:35 PM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly0618 View Post
So I have been on IP for a week and a half. Last night and today I cheated. I was craving lots of foods but mostly coffee, and sweeets. Last night I had three hand fulls of pistachios and this morning I had a pastry and some coffee with sugar and creamer. This really makes me feel bad. I had to weigh in tomorrow and I am ashamed to tell my coach I have cheated.
I don't even know if I was in ketosis already (by the way, how do you know that?) but I hope i can get back into it.
It has been really hard to see everyone at work eat all these fattening and delicious foods while I am stuck with a small salad and the IP soups for lunch. When I am by myself at home it is a little easier but once I am at work it is so hard. Does anyone have any tricks for overcoming the cravings? Please help I don't want to cheat anymore.
Hi, first of, you need to read the post that begins the daily chat every day. Then go to Tips for Newbies. They'll tell you about trackers, etc. in far more detail than I can here. Next, why are you eating a small salad? You need the bulk, fiber, and nutrients from salad -- especially romaine. You can have a whole head. Try it with EVOO and cider vinegar with ground sea salt and pepper. Likewise, where are the vegetables? In truth, you will probably be having a larger lunch than your co-workers; just a lot healthier. It's no wonder you feel peckish. Please don't cheat yourself.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:40 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
I too, am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #71  
New to IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi, first of, you need to read the post that begins the daily chat every day. Then go to Tips for Newbies. They'll tell you about trackers, etc. in far more detail than I can here. Next, why are you eating a small salad? You need the bulk, fiber, and nutrients from salad -- especially romaine. You can have a whole head. Try it with EVOO and cider vinegar with ground sea salt and pepper. Likewise, where are the vegetables? In truth, you will probably be having a larger lunch than your co-workers; just a lot healthier. It's no wonder you feel peckish. Please don't cheat yourself.
I have been eating the lettuce, I use romaine lettuce, and eating as much lettuce I can eat. I am also eating the 2cups vegetables I need to eat and an IP mushroom soup( which I like a lot so I haven't gotten bored yet) I feel full, but I am still craving sweets and coffee (I can't stand black coffee so I am craving coffee with sugar and milk)
I know I shouldn't do it but it has been really hard.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #72  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
I have been eating the lettuce, I use romaine lettuce, and eating as much lettuce I can eat. I am also eating the 2cups vegetables I need to eat and an IP mushroom soup( which I like a lot so I haven't gotten bored yet) I feel full, but I am still craving sweets and coffee (I can't stand black coffee so I am craving coffee with sugar and milk)
I have only been doing this program for 6 days - and I am one of those who did not go into ketosis on day 3 or 4 --I am not even sure I am in ketosis yet- I understand the cravings thing. One of the things that helps me is that in the morning I take the vanilla ready to drink - heat it up - add a little cinnamon (which does help my cravings) use my immersion blender to froth it (like a cappuccino or latte) and add it two my two shots of espresso or my cup of very strong coffee -- this way I get that cream and sugar feeling in my coffee. Since the vanilla drink is one of my IP meals for the day it is like getting breakfast in a cup. I try to make my lunches as fancy as possible (within reason - I have a teething infant at home and I work outside the house so my idea of fancy has changed a bit). Like you I struggled with all the fun food around - I used to be a chef so food was my life and my livelihood -- I find the more times I turn something down the stronger I feel - but those times are hard. I wish I had a magic pill or a magic answer - I say just keep strong - believe in yourself - I am trying to approach this as I did my pregnancy- when the doctor told me I had gestational diabetes and I needed to go on a very strict diet - I did no matter how hard it was (and I was devastated when one of joys of pregnancy-- extra treats - was taken out of the equation and terrified of the implications that meant for both my unborn baby and myself). The outcome of a healthy baby was more important to me then anything and i mean ANYTHING else in the world. For me, the outcome of this diet is now just as important and if I was willing to ANYTHING for my baby then I should be willing to do the same for me --that is how I face down temptation -- When I was pregnant I did not eat those treats for her and now I will not eat them for me -- just my thoughts. Good luck to you -- I know you can do it!!
CheekyWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #73  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Quote:
This week has been awful for me, too. I almost hope I don't lose anything at my weigh in tonight to teach me a lesson and not reward off-plan behavior! Almost.

I love my coffee flavored, as well. I've been making it with the vanilla pudding mix and it's enough for 2 cups of coffee. So delicious! I'm looking for the recipe for cookies so I can have one of those with one cup of coffee each morning. Maybe that will help while I'm feeding my kids!

Good luck and (tough love here) suck it up, princess, look in the mirror, and just do it.
Joliebug82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #74  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I understand. And sorry I freaked about the vegetables. I didn't see them mentioned and feared the worst.

And maybe this will help. I don't know where you live, but if it's someplace try where you can find stevia (a natural, no calorie sweetener), or stevia with flavors, or Torani and da Vinci flavorings (a very little goes a long way) with just a few drops of 1/2 and1/2. And stick with decaffeinated coffee after the first cup.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
This week has been awful for me, too. I almost hope I don't lose anything at my weigh in tonight to teach me a lesson and not reward off-plan behavior! Almost.

I love my coffee flavored, as well. I've been making it with the vanilla pudding mix and it's enough for 2 cups of coffee. So delicious! I'm looking for the recipe for cookies so I can have one of those with one cup of coffee each morning. Maybe that will help while I'm feeding my kids!

Good luck and (tough love here) suck it up, princess, look in the mirror, and just do it.
I don't have a cookie recipe, but do have a bit of a "cupcake" recipe that might help. I first mix about a tbsp of oil with two packets of the flavoured splenda packets (i use french vanilla) and a beaten egg white (or sometimes an entire egg) and a splash of water, then I mix in my vanilla pudding powder. I spray a mini cupcake pan with PAM and can make 12 cupcakes out of one packet. Just be sure to go easy on the oil for the rest of the day You can also experiment with different puddings/flavourings.
Bretley is offline   Reply With Quote