Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #226  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
I'm thinking of doing only the shakes, no restricted items, no chocolate drink mix and cappuccino drink which have more carbs..making sure i eat 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner instead of saving them all for the evening and dinner...lets see! Did anyone else experience a plateau between 6-8 weeks? Did you do anything specific to pull yourself out of the rut or does one just have to wait it out patiently?

Also, does anyone drink lemon juice, or anything like that to vary the water intake a bit? If yes, do you use fresh or concentrate and how much can you have per day?
I do the puddings as drinks. I just add about 12 ounces of water instead of the 4. Way less carbs that way. Also, my coach lets us have 2 Crystal Light packs per day. I use the new cherry pomengranite, because it helps with skin tighening and cellulite reduction

Last edited by TaylorMayde; 07-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #227  

Height: 5'8"

WI #11, down 2 lbs, 165.4!!! woo-woot!
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #228  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Thats so awesome! Thats the same as my official loss my FIRST week!

I've been crazy hungry today too. I dont have a clue why.

I wanna hear you!! Do you have a youtube? Myspace? Lemme hear lemme hear! You're gonna be the next Carrie Underwood, blowing up in your career and shrinking in your body!

For real though, make sure the camera is always at a higher elevation than you. Not like over your head but just slightly higher than your face, tilted down. Also, face the camera at a 45 degree angle bend your outside knee and pull it in to your body, and keep your outside arm's hand on your hip. It works, I promise!!
As for the swatting...I thought about it, and I just have to say...why don't you guys let me keep Jacob, and you guys can have Edward and Emmitt- they're much closer to your age, what are they 107 and like 90?
HEY I'LL TAKE EMMETT!! rawr!

nichole

that's what i figured but HEY! you set a goal and look how close you are to it, in such a short amount of time too! you're rockin' this!

wannabe
i've sucked on one when it was so light it looked negative and it turned pink. don't know where i heard to do that...

and hip-hip hooray for melissa and stacey on their losses!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #229  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

How do I find the chart for the challenge...it was here and now I can't find it...Also can someone tell me howto put a grid at the end of my message so I can show my weight loss success? Thanks. This site is awesome.

Marilyn

Last edited by pumpkyparry; 07-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #230  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Follow the protocol. This diet works virtually 100% of the time if you follow the program religiously. If you do that, you will maximize your losses and see results so quickly that it will help to keep you motivated. Don't try to figure out ways to bend the rules or game the system; just suck it up and get the job done. It's a diet. It's fast, but it's not fun. But when you get to the end, you will be so proud of your accomplishment... it's a great high!

Use the boards for coaching and support. Read what's here, and ask questions if you can't find the answers. Follow the counsel of those who have the numbers to back up what they tell you... it should be easy for you to figure out what is good advice and what is not.

This diet is different from the others we've all tried, and I've only truly realized how, now that I'm in maintenance. By sticking with the protocol during all phases, I have changed my metabolism. I do not gain the way I used to. I do not crave the way I used to. I can easily drop a couple pounds if I need to. It doesn't take three days to get into ketosis--it happens overnight.

But it takes time for that transformation to occur, so you need to stay the course and allow the changes to take place. If you adapt the program to allow yourself foods and beverages that are not permitted on the plan, you may lose weight, but you will interfere with the process going on behind the scenes to convert your body into an efficient, "fat-burning machine."

If you slip, get up, dust yourself off, and get back on plan. It happens, so don't beat yourself up. But if you knowingly choose to go out and drink margaritas every weekend, or eat mashed potatoes with dinner every Sunday, or pound a couple of diet sodas every afternoon, you are not on the IP program. You are on a diet, and will probably still lose weight--perhaps a lot of weight--but you are not following the protocol that promises to alter the way your body processes food. And that is the ultimate prize. That's what truly makes this diet different.

I was very wary when I started this program, but now I'm a total convert. I was stunned by my own results, and I'm still amazed by the changes I'm experiencing. You can absolutely do this... and you'll be so glad you did.

You crack me up

Hey, my sister had a similar experience... I was almost always in the moderate range, and she spent most of the diet at trace. But you've both obviously been in ketosis, since you're both in Phase 2 and nearly at your targets!
Novak.... Your the best... I think my brain goes into overdrive at night when I cant sleep but have to be quiet as everyone else is sleeping.... I started thinking maybe I havent been in ketosis for the past 4 months....maybe I didnt do the program right blah blah just me being silly really. So I have given my low carb brain a shake, thank you, you are my voice of reason when I can't find mine
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:49 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Well after last weeks less than stellar performance of only 1.4lbs I am back on track.

Down 5.4 lbs this week.....this is a grand total of 30lbs in 5 weeks!
-0.25" in the chest
-1.0" in the stomach
-0.5" in the hips
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:53 PM   #232  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post

wannabe
i've sucked on one when it was so light it looked negative and it turned pink. don't know where i heard to do that...
Baaaahhhhaaahhh, I am so gonna try to lick one when I get home now.... I was even contemplating taking carbs away from my husband for 3 days and making him pee on one..... I may try another bottle as I read if they get left open or have been open to air for more than 6 months they could be no good... anyway it doesnt really matter I only have 1 more week in phase 2, I should just get over it
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #233  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
How do I find the chart for the challenge...it was here and now I can't find it...Also can someone tell me howto put a grid at the end of my message so I can show my weight loss success? Thanks. This site is awesome.

Marilyn
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...thkey=CKuYgrcO (I post this in the challenge thread often. It's also alway at the bottom of my signature.)

As far as the weight tracker in your signature, as i understand it that will be available after 20 days and 20 posts. Hang in there.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #234  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Down 5.4 lbs this week.....this is a grand total of 30lbs in 5 weeks!
You are ROCKING this thing!

I saw someone above (sorry, I didn't "click" it on my way by) said they were stuck and going to cut out the cappucinos, etc. to see if that helps. I have done the same thing, but did not want to miss out on that nummy flavor. I use a vanilla ready to go and add instant coffee. The Starbuck's VIA packets are awesome (and come in decaf, but they are spendy!) but any kind will do. You can mix it together and then microwave it, or pour the whole thing over ice. The great part is you can also add 6-8 oz of water so you get some more water in at the same time. And it's only 2c instead of 4.

I've also realized the cereal (one of my favorites) is 7c. I've made that a restricted for myself and can only have it once every few days. It used to be my "every morning" treat.

I had commented once to my coach that I was going to only use the lower-carb packets and her response was, "oh, they are all so low other than the restricteds, it doesn't matter" but I have learned that it DOES matter when you add it up at the end of the day.

For those of you who are doing Fitday or otherwise tracking your exact carb intake, I'd be interested to hear what you have learned about packet selection other than avoiding restricteds?

Also, I have no idea how but I got knocked out of ketosis earlier this week. I was suddenly EXHAUSTED and STARVING for about 6 hours...first time in 10 weeks. Did someone say that fennel did this to them? I had grilled fennel the night before (omg, it was SO good!).
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #235  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

I saw someone above (sorry, I didn't "click" it on my way by) said they were stuck and going to cut out the cappucinos, etc. to see if that helps. I have done the same thing, but did not want to miss out on that nummy flavor. I use a vanilla ready to go and add instant coffee. The Starbuck's VIA packets are awesome (and come in decaf, but they are spendy!) but any kind will do. You can mix it together and then microwave it, or pour the whole thing over ice. The great part is you can also add 6-8 oz of water so you get some more water in at the same time. And it's only 2c instead of 4.

I've also realized the cereal (one of my favorites) is 7c. I've made that a restricted for myself and can only have it once every few days. It used to be my "every morning" treat.

I had commented once to my coach that I was going to only use the lower-carb packets and her response was, "oh, they are all so low other than the restricteds, it doesn't matter" but I have learned that it DOES matter when you add it up at the end of the day.

For those of you who are doing Fitday or otherwise tracking your exact carb intake, I'd be interested to hear what you have learned about packet selection other than avoiding restricteds?

Also, I have no idea how but I got knocked out of ketosis earlier this week. I was suddenly EXHAUSTED and STARVING for about 6 hours...first time in 10 weeks. Did someone say that fennel did this to them? I had grilled fennel the night before (omg, it was SO good!).

First of all Thanks!

Now that being said last week I did not have a great WI so I went back and looked at what packets I had that week. Most of them had been the higher carb ones. This week I went back to the puddings and fruit flavor drinks and have had better results. I have also bought a 30oz shaker that I make most of them in. It tends to delute the chemical taste on the fruit ones and make them more like a flavored water. This seems to be working well for me and I still get the protein I'm suppose to have. I have had a bar 1 day this week, but that was a day I worked out and need the extra carb boost to get thru my workout routine. But I definately notice a difference if I keep the carbs to a bare minimum.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #236  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

I am pretty sure it was Carla that had to give up fennel... I have never tried it I dont think. I have tracked since the beginning in Fitday... I am really carb sensitive, stuck to puddings made into shakes, soups with the occasional omelet thrown in for good measure. Once when I was making my food choices they suggested the choc drink I said no thanks too many carbs they looked at me like I had 10 heads and asked if I was serious, LOL. I have tried the occasional bar and stuff but generally didnt get the greatest results for those weeks so pretty much stayed away from them. Kept my net carbs under 30 since the start, had two planned cheat days, one slip up with rhubarb and have lost just over 40 pounds in 3.5 months or there abouts so average 2.9 per week. I am not the fastest loser that is forsure but on the same note I lost 40 pounds before on WW and it took me 9 months, so I am over the moon with my results, I just have to work a little harder than some for it!!!!

Last edited by WannabeIP; 07-09-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #237  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Taylor, you are so funny. You do have a great point on the name and as I don't want hosed, I guess we could all take turns.
Well Erin said she's cool with Emmitt, so that leaves me and you to fight over Jacob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
My first official WI after 2 weeks and down 12 lbs!!!!! yippeeeee!!!
That's awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
AWESOME !! Thanks for the great reminder ! I'm just finishing week 6 and I am planning on rereading Dr. T's book this weekend and re-reading all my protocol info again as a reminder too. Your success is proof that what you said works ! Cheers !

To all - Have a happy and safe weekend !
You need to update your tracker, so we can see your progress!!

Quote:
WI #11, down 2 lbs, 165.4!!! woo-woot!
Quote:
YAY!! on your weight loss! I'm glad we could get this whole boyfriend situation sorted out before I got uglyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
First of all Thanks!

Now that being said last week I did not have a great WI so I went back and looked at what packets I had that week. Most of them had been the higher carb ones. This week I went back to the puddings and fruit flavor drinks and have had better results. I have also bought a 30oz shaker that I make most of them in. It tends to delute the chemical taste on the fruit ones and make them more like a flavored water. This seems to be working well for me and I still get the protein I'm suppose to have. I have had a bar 1 day this week, but that was a day I worked out and need the extra carb boost to get thru my workout routine. But I definately notice a difference if I keep the carbs to a bare minimum.

What fruit drinks do you use? Cuz i tried the pink lemonade last week and noticed it was like a nasty shake
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #238  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
I am pretty sure it was Carla that had to give up fennel... I have never tried it I dont think. I have tracked since the beginning in Fitday... I am really carb sensitive, stuck to puddings made into shakes, soups with the occasional omelet thrown in for good measure. Once when I was making my food choices they suggested the choc drink I said no thanks too many carbs they looked at me like I had 10 heads and asked if I was serious, LOL. I have tried the occasional bar and stuff but generally didnt get the greatest results for those weeks so pretty much stayed away from them. Kept my net carbs under 30 since the start, had two planned cheat days, one slip up with rhubarb and have lost just over 40 pounds in 3.5 months or there abouts so average 2.9 per week. I am not the fastest loser that is forsure but on the same note I lost 40 pounds before on WW and it took me 9 months, so I am over the moon with my results, I just have to work a little harder than some for it!!!!
Wannabe, I've lost 39.25 lbs in 3 1/2 months as well. When did you start? I started march 19th. Of course I don't count carbs, and i eat restricted packets almost everyday. I have eaten cereal almost everyday, well until this last week, now I'm doing alternative stuff, and there is no cereal . I do have bars, RTD choc & vanilla drinks, I still have IP choc covered soy puffs, and salt and vinegar ridges left. I finally placed another Lindora order yesterday. I'm happy with the rate of loss I have experienced. I remember BevS always saying a bar a day kept her sane. I watched Novac and BevS lose so well, and they did things very differently, but they both did great. As long as we stick to the plan, we'll be fine, and you should be over the moon. Look how small you are. Very impressive.
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Back in ketosis after my cheating adventure. Only took a day!
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:29 PM   #240  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Wannabe, I've lost 39.25 lbs in 3 1/2 months as well. When did you start? I started march 19th. Of course I don't count carbs, and i eat restricted packets almost everyday. I have eaten cereal almost everyday, well until this last week, now I'm doing alternative stuff, and there is no cereal . I do have bars, RTD choc & vanilla drinks, I still have IP choc covered soy puffs, and salt and vinegar ridges left. I finally placed another Lindora order yesterday. I'm happy with the rate of loss I have experienced. I remember BevS always saying a bar a day kept her sane. I watched Novac and BevS lose so well, and they did things very differently, but they both did great. As long as we stick to the plan, we'll be fine, and you should be over the moon. Look how small you are. Very impressive.
I started full program Mar 22, I had lost 20 pounds on my own since Nov just cutting back on carbs and eating better as my hubby was on program I didnt buy sweets, treats or carb foods, saying that, funny the other day I got home to freshly baked banana bread wafting thru the house, the bugger and I sat and watched them eat it. It really didnt even bother me as I completely forgot about that till now.

I think had I not watched I wouldnt have lost the same, its funny some people even can cheat and can still pull great numbers, not this kid!!!! Yep, "dont fail the plan the plan wont fail you" is a motto I have stolen from someone, I cant remember who now .....LCB