Old 07-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #301  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Oh Taylor, I feel so bad for you. My husband has bad acid reflux and he gets relief from Aciphex. If he doesn't take it though, he actually found that regular old alka seltzer works for him as well. I hope you find a solution. We rushed him to the hospital one time because he felt like he was having a heart attack it was so bad. Try to get to another doctor if you can. Try to get in with a Gastroenterolgist instead of a regular GP. They will know way more about your problems.

Rocky, great idea about the big shake. Today it was fine because I was out and about, distracted and we were able to eat earlier. I'll definitely try that trick next time I need something to cure those bad times.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #302  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the kind words! I've come down now off my morning high!!! That's not to say that I'm not still thrilled because of course I am, but this morning I was over the moon! It's been a long day with company in from out of town, so everything is different. Hope everyone had a great Saturday, and have a great Sunday tomorrow!
Kelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I went to the doctor. He said its from my reflux acting up. However I hate my doctor. He never listens to me, and always puts me on medicines for things I never said were wrong. Today, he put me on a medicine for a urinary tract medicine (same medicine for the 5th time, still hasn't fixed it??) a cream for nausea (don't feel nauseous at all, and told him that) and back on my original reflux medicine (he switched me from it when it wasn't working at all) He also mentioned I have a high level of ketones in my urine, so many that I must not have eaten anything in days. I told him about the diet and he said I HAVE to eat carbs. I told him I get about 40 grams a day, and he said there was no way with the amount of ketones I have. He told me if I didn't get off of it, I was likely to get gallstones. My ex went with me, and since we got home all he has done is yell at me about how the diet is going to kill me and how I'm not eating any real food and my shakes can't compare to a real meal. Like, he doesn't understand how hard it is to be overweight, and how much harder it is to lose weight, especially with a thyroid problem. All I can even do right now is sit here and cry.
So sorry you're feeling bad! I had acid reflux issues several years ago and had esophageal spasms which were very painful (and scary until I found out what was going on!) I was fortunate to be referred to an excellent gastroentologist (sp?) and was put on two rounds of meds that worked great. I haven't had any issues since. I hope you are able to find a solution as well!!

And, the mother in me just wants to say - find a different doctor!! As for your ex, it really isn't any of his business anymore. It was nice he went to the doctor with you, but he has no right to berate you and make you cry. If you go to a new doctor for a second opinion, and there is still a concern with your health from being on IP, then at that point maybe you should consider something else. If there's not a real health issue, then, hang in there - we're here for you!!
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #304  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmommy View Post
Well, I DID IT!!! Went to the pool party today and there was a table of delicious treats there....brownies, home made dough boys....I didn't eat a bite of it!! I am feeling good about my choices !
This is a really great accomplishement ! I'm proud of you !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
YES!!!! Take the coastline highway from Boston to Salisbury, Massachusettes. There is a boardwalk there, if you boardwalks. But, as soon as you cross into New Hampshire take the left toward SeaBrook Power Plant. About a mile or 2 up on the right is a place called "Browns Seafood". They have a huge lobster tank and you pick out which one you want and they cook it for you. It is VERY casual, picnic tables, wash basins. They have other seafood and landlubbers food. I haven't been there in a long time, but I heard its still there. I pulled all the meat out of a 2.25 lb. lobster last week and it came to 7.5 oz. It was so sweet, I didn't even miss not having butter. I really like Hampton Beach, but the water is cold

HAVE FUN!!!
Thanks for your answer ! I've writted it down on my itinary, so'll be sure to go there I'm really happy that you gave me this information, thank you very much !!

Quote:
I went to the doctor. He said its from my reflux acting up. However I hate my doctor. He never listens to me, and always puts me on medicines for things I never said were wrong. Today, he put me on a medicine for a urinary tract medicine (same medicine for the 5th time, still hasn't fixed it??) a cream for nausea (don't feel nauseous at all, and told him that) and back on my original reflux medicine (he switched me from it when it wasn't working at all) He also mentioned I have a high level of ketones in my urine, so many that I must not have eaten anything in days. I told him about the diet and he said I HAVE to eat carbs. I told him I get about 40 grams a day, and he said there was no way with the amount of ketones I have. He told me if I didn't get off of it, I was likely to get gallstones. My ex went with me, and since we got home all he has done is yell at me about how the diet is going to kill me and how I'm not eating any real food and my shakes can't compare to a real meal. Like, he doesn't understand how hard it is to be overweight, and how much harder it is to lose weight, especially with a thyroid problem. All I can even do right now is sit here and cry.

Good news is I was down 14 lbs since my last dr. visit, less than a month ago.
I hope you're feeling better by now Nobody have the right to yell to you, tell him that you don't accept it, and now more than ever, it's none of it's businness I agree with all the others girls, if you're able to have another advice from another doctor, it could be a good idea For the gallstone and IP, I've heard about it before, I think that's why we're supposed to drink that much water. However, If you're concerned about it, I think you should ask the other doctor in the same time, even if we're the best girls in the world, we're not doctor, and we cannot give medical advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Thanks for all the kind words! I've come down now off my morning high!!! That's not to say that I'm not still thrilled because of course I am, but this morning I was over the moon! It's been a long day with company in from out of town, so everything is different. Hope everyone had a great Saturday, and have a great Sunday tomorrow!
I've missed it, but congratulations !! That's a great accomplishement I'm amazed

I've many many others things to share, BUT right now I'm exhausted, (up since friday night 2 am)!! I'm gonna share it tomorrow ! Sleep well all xxx
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:01 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
I ordered on the last day of the Lindora 30% off sale and just got a package today. I'm not sure if it's all of it, but its close. Woot!

I completely agree that the net carbs matter -- weeks I eat stuff higher in carbs, I don't lose as much. Period. I started tracking, and I'm doing much better.
Is there a place where we can track our carbs? I do have never done that and think it would be helpful for me.

thanks
wen
wuc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #306  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
We've had a few conversations here about why they are being reformulated at IP-- there are differing opinions but here's my suggestion. Look at Lindora. They can be slow to ship but my last order was for 15 packages of 4 vanilla boxed drinks. Total cost with shipping was $105. That's 60 drinks! It's good to catch them when they have a sale and/or free shipping. The drinks are pretty much identical to IP. Just an idea...Someone here had really fast shipping recently. That's the only negative in my mind. You can't be sure when you will receive your order. The website says ships in 48 hours. They don't always mean it.
Lindora may ship the product out within 48 hours, but the date you receive the order depends on the method of shipping. With FedEx and UPS you can actually track your order and it usually arrives within a week after shipping. If it ships by the US Postal Service, there is no way to track it and it can take up to 2 weeks. Sometimes you can pay just a dollar or so more for shipping and get it much faster and be able to track it.

Quote:
And Everyone Else Who Shared Concern

Good news is I was down 14 lbs since my last dr. visit, less than a month ago.
There are plenty of doctors out there who actually prescribe low-carb diets to their patients. Maybe you could ask around and start going to one of them? Did the doctor actually do an EKG on you? I had acid reflux problems for years, but have had zip since starting this diet. And none since reaching goal and adding back slow carbs either. Losing the weight usually takes care of the acid reflux.

Don't mean to be nosy (OK, I'm being nosy), but I thought you had found your own apartment just recently within walking distance to work and a Wal-Mart. Did that fall through?

I wouldn't put up with my significant other's yelling at me over my choice of diet, let alone an ex. By still living with him, I guess he still feels he has some say over your life. Basically, I just hate to see you crying over it when you feel so bad already.

Last edited by BevS; 07-11-2010 at 12:04 AM.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:

What fruit drinks do you use? Cuz i tried the pink lemonade last week and noticed it was like a nasty shake
I like the Peach/mango, pineapple/banana, and Blueberry promegade drink.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #308  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn5419 View Post
TaylorMayde- Don't let him yell at you, that doesn't do anyone any good. I'm sure he cares about you and doesn't want to see anything bad happen to you but there is a better way to show that then by yelling. Maybe you should see another doctor, especially if you don't like this one. Some docs out there think that prescriptions will fix everything. Obviously, no one can give you medical advice here but please do what's right for you and your health.

I was diagnosed w/ an underactive thyroid a few years ago, so I feel your pain. It's hard enough to lose weight as it is, nevermind adding one more thing to make it even harder.

And congrats on the 14 lbs lost.... Sending hugs and warm fuzzy feelings your way... I don't like hearing that your crying today.....

we are all here for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
My suggestion is to get a second opinion. Especially since you don't like/trust your doc. Meds are not always the right answer for everything. I work in the pharmaceutical industry and don't like the idea of addressing the symptoms (which medicines do) instead of understanding the root cause of what is happening. good luck! -dina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
So sorry you're feeling bad! I had acid reflux issues several years ago and had esophageal spasms which were very painful (and scary until I found out what was going on!) I was fortunate to be referred to an excellent gastroentologist (sp?) and was put on two rounds of meds that worked great. I haven't had any issues since. I hope you are able to find a solution as well!!

And, the mother in me just wants to say - find a different doctor!! As for your ex, it really isn't any of his business anymore. It was nice he went to the doctor with you, but he has no right to berate you and make you cry. If you go to a new doctor for a second opinion, and there is still a concern with your health from being on IP, then at that point maybe you should consider something else. If there's not a real health issue, then, hang in there - we're here for you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
I hope you're feeling better by now Nobody have the right to yell to you, tell him that you don't accept it, and now more than ever, it's none of it's businness I agree with all the others girls, if you're able to have another advice from another doctor, it could be a good idea For the gallstone and IP, I've heard about it before, I think that's why we're supposed to drink that much water. However, If you're concerned about it, I think you should ask the other doctor in the same time, even if we're the best girls in the world, we're not doctor, and we cannot give medical advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
There are plenty of doctors out there who actually prescribe low-carb diets to their patients. Maybe you could ask around and start going to one of them? Did the doctor actually do an EKG on you? I had acid reflux problems for years, but have had zip since starting this diet. And none since reaching goal and adding back slow carbs either. Losing the weight usually takes care of the acid reflux.

Don't mean to be nosy (OK, I'm being nosy), but I thought you had found your own apartment just recently within walking distance to work and a Wal-Mart. Did that fall through?

I wouldn't put up with my significant other's yelling at me over my choice of diet, let alone an ex. By still living with him, I guess he still feels he has some say over your life. Basically, I just hate to see you crying over it when you feel so bad already.
Well, its actually worse than just acid reflux what I have is esophagitis and gastreoesophagal reflux diease, on top of my thyroid. But my doctor- the jerk- has never referred me to a gastrenologist. That might be helpful. I was hoping to be able to see a different doctor today but apparently today was his day on duty at urgent care He hasn't done a EKG on me in a while actually. But he did say my white cell count is high which means its not my gall bladder. I text my coach, and Monday I will start the alternative plan - like for kids- and hope that goes better for me. Plus its cheaper

As for the apartment, yes i did find one, I got approved for it and have paid my deposit. I am just waiting for one to open up, and it will by then end of the month. Then no more drama for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
I like the Peach/mango, pineapple/banana, and Blueberry promegade drink.
I'll have to try these. Hopefully they don't make me gag so bad

You guys are all seriously so awesome. You're all like my family. Thanks so much for your support. I Love You Guys!!
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:41 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

TaylorMade: Peach/Mango is my favorite. Take care of yourself, and kick that boy to the curb.

I went to a wine event tonight and am so proud of myself, not a lick outside of protocol. They had steak, which I had them take the sauce off of, no wine, except a taste which I spit (in the classy wine-tasting way not the spit on the floor way). Someone added up the cost of getting back on protocol today (thank you) and that was honestly part of my willpower! Excited not to have to post this on the 'no-no' thread...
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:10 AM   #310  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Whoott WHOOOO!!!! Way to go......

I hate to do this but I know there have been post about how much or how little exercise you should do or not do while on the program.... I cant find that info anymore I have been searching I think it even had target heartrates ect if some one has that handy it would be great.... I put it out there yesterday that I was gonna start exercising so now I gotta do it.... yesterday I wasnt able to as I had to get groceries blah blah blah but I did park as far away as possible, I returned the cart to the furthest coral walked as much as I could, today I cleared the cloths off the treadmill, wiped the cobwebs off my trainers... I am thinking of rewarding myself with one of those body bug thingys .... I love gadgets, cal in cal out, exercise and so forth any suggestions?

I was also excited this morning saw a 125 on the scale, yiiipppeeeee...

I was so proud of myself I made carb free sushi or what I thought was relatively carb free until I looked at the nutritional info for imitation crab.... woowwzaa.... it turned out really good even hubby liked it, I would usually make shrimp but DH is allergic to shellfish and I was too lazy to make 2 kinds.

Miracle noodles are great... I use them in everything... I even put them in my salads to bulk them up from time to time. I have cut them up put them in my pudding sudo rice pudding but with noodle, I love tapioca, so it kinda reminds me of that. Tonight we had them with asian peanut (WF) sauce, I had shrimp, hubby & son had chicken, cabbage, sprouts . I have made curry noddles, spicy noodles, used the WF sauce with them..... you name it you can do it. They dont have any soy so they dont count as anything which rocks ....

I am so bummed about Calgarygirlie I am going to bed
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #311  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
this morning saw a 125 on the scale, yiiipppeeeee...
Told you so...
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #312  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Lindora may ship the product out within 48 hours, but the date you receive the order depends on the method of shipping. With FedEx and UPS you can actually track your order and it usually arrives within a week after shipping. If it ships by the US Postal Service, there is no way to track it and it can take up to 2 weeks. Sometimes you can pay just a dollar or so more for shipping and get it much faster and be able to track it.
Bev-- I have had very slow shipping a few times from them but the worst was when I ordered the end of May. I received the order in July! Not kidding. And a few others on this board had the same experience. Sent UPS ground. Lindora never explained and I was away and didn't follow up. I don't remember ever getting a tracking number from them. I guess I could try to look it up under my order on their website but I buy a lot online and I just want it to be easy breezy. All I was saying was, in my experience don't be surprised if you wait awhile for your order. Also, I'm not sure about upgrading free shipping.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Bev-- I have had very slow shipping a few times from them but the worst was when I ordered the end of May. I received the order in July! Not kidding. And a few others on this board had the same experience. Sent UPS ground. Lindora never explained and I was away and didn't follow up. I don't remember ever getting a tracking number from them. I guess I could try to look it up under my order on their website but I buy a lot online and I just want it to be easy breezy. All I was saying was, in my experience don't be surprised if you wait awhile for your order. Also, I'm not sure about upgrading free shipping.
You're right about not being able to upgrade free shipping (for cheap anyway). I waited 2 weeks only once and it was with the free shipping offer. It was USPS ground. I always get a tracking number otherwise. I get an email from them immediately after I place the order and another email after they ship the order with the tracking number. Are you getting their email updates? If not, check out your spam folder. I wonder if the problem could be in the product itself and its availability. I have never ordered the RTD's, for example.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:19 AM   #314  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Finally starting to get some great comments on my weight loss. Someone said "I looked great and hadn't been sick, right?" I think with all of the illnesses today, she meant it in a kind way-- reminded me of chaplains wifey who got that a lot and started to resent it . The person I was standing with at the time, an older man, said " a pretty young thing like you--you can't be sick". I'm quite certain 50 lbs ago he would not have described me as a "pretty young thing." It's the second time in a week someone has told me I am pretty. Now that's a compliment I can hear over and over and over again. Looking at my stats I lost 40 lbs in 14 weeks. The last 10 took 7 more weeks. -- 7 weeks for 10 lousy pounds.... please let these last 20+ go faster than that. Please. Ok. I know. It isn't only about the scale.... I love IP. Love, love, love.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
Is there a place where we can track our carbs? I do have never done that and think it would be helpful for me.

thanks
wen
I learned this from others on the board, but we should be around 30 - 40 net carbs (right?) for the day. Net carbs are carbs minus fiber. I track mine on livestrong.com/myplate because there is a cool iphone app that makes it easy, but others on this board use fit day and other online tools.

Also, I have found personally that if I manage the days with eating one higher carb packets and two lower, I lose more weight. My coach says that I can have any unrestricted packet and it doesn't matter, but I honestly think he's wrong.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote