Old 07-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #331  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I was planning to start on a regular IP program soon but after finding out that many of the products have sucralose in them I wonder if there is an alternate way to do this. Sucralose makes my stomach cramp (very similar symptoms to what TaylorMayde described) as do almost all other artificial sweeteners except stevia. I am also somewhat gluten intolerant.
I started dieting 3 weeks ago by just cutting out bread, eating salads at lunch and dinner with a protein and having two eggs at breakfast. So far I am down 18 lbs. So I know the ip type diet will work for me.
Any suggestions from anyone? thanks for the help.
I was worried about the same thing before I started as surcralose, most of the time, gave me stomach cramps and...gas (sorry). I don't know why but no problems whatsoever with the IP products plus I use splenda in coffee as well as in some of the packets if needed.
toothgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay View Post
Okay so my whole family and i mean my whole family thinks that im obsessed with weight loss. And they think that i need to stop the program because my goal is really unrealistic. so i wanted all your opinions. Im 5 9 and right now im at 166. im still nothappy with my thighs and midsection. I work out everyday after work for just an hour. i dont think that im obsessed. but do you guys think htat my goal is unrealistic?
I think that a goal of 125 for someone your height is way too low even though it's at the lowest end of acceptable on the BMI charts (18.5). A better weight would probably be about 150 (BMI 22.1). Maybe your family is worried that your working out is too extreme. If you're not keeping your heart rate below 60% of max, you are probably sabotaging your weight loss efforts as well.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!

first off I have really missed everyone and can't wait to go through the board and see how everyone is doing; I only had my iphone during the past 3 days so it was very hard to keep up.

My trip was amazing, its so surprising to me that such beautiful place exist so close to me, this really is a beautiful country.

I had lots and lots and lots of fun, the highlight and its hard to believe that this was the highlight was walking into a random bar in newport yesterday as BF was getting a massage, ordering a beer and realizing that I had NO MONEY! this was in very simple terms a "toothless bar"...a in more divey than you can imagine. Bartender really took me in and believed me but I had to stay till BF was done. Well by the time he gets there I basically made friends with everyone, all had been in jail at one time or another but what nice people, it was so great to be able to connect with folk from such different walks of life. Well we ended up staying there for 5 hours while BF showed up his city slicker muscles in the many games of horse shoes

I really had a great time, flying kites on the beach, BBQing, sitting on the beach looking at sunset etc etc.

so I just got back, weighed myself and up a solid 2 pounds. that is for 3 days of solid doing whatever I wanted, nothing fatty except the ice cream but basically having other things (maybe this belongs in the other thread). BUT I just wanted to say I am happy to be back and happy to get back on track.

hope all is well with everyone.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:13 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I think that a goal of 125 for someone your height is way too low even though it's at the lowest end of acceptable on the BMI charts (18.5). A better weight would probably be about 150 (BMI 22.1). Maybe your family is worried that your working out is too extreme. If you're not keeping your heart rate below 60% of max, you are probably sabotaging your weight loss efforts as well.
Hmm.. this has me wondering if my goal is too low also. I've done the elbow test and the wrist test and both say I am small frame. Does this play a role in BMI also, or is 22 a standard for a healthy weight?
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Soon 2BMrs T-What kind of music do you sing? Were you accompanied by a piano? Did the audience love you? I live on the east coast but would definitely want to hear a song or two if I ever got near Austin. You should do something on myspace. Congratulations on your performance! I have noticed that I have more confidence too after this weight loss. Isn't it great?
I went on the advice of my producer who knows the guys that play guitar and sing there every Friday night. I introduced myself and they asked me if I wanted to sing a song. I did- "Ain't No Sunshine". When the song was over, they yelled from the audience, "one more! one more!" So I sang, "Georgia On My Mind". The audience requested yet another song. After my final song, the guys said that I was more than welcome to come back and sing with them anytime I wanted.

I have a myspace, but only have 2 songs. They are live recordings that I did at an acoustic cafe a couple of years ago. Actually, it was 2 days after getting out of the hospital from a really serious bout of pneumonia. Here's the address: www.myspace.com/kristenwarren08
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
Hmm.. this has me wondering if my goal is too low also. I've done the elbow test and the wrist test and both say I am small frame. Does this play a role in BMI also, or is 22 a standard for a healthy weight?
Hi, Katie, If you truly have a small frame, 140 might be an OK weight for you. Only you can say for sure. Probably most of us have measured as medium frames. You will probably know when it's time to stop losing by how your body looks and your clothes look and feel. This diet is different in that if you are following it well and stay in ketosis, you are burning mostly fat instead of muscle so you will look much smaller than you have before at the same weight. I am wearing the same clothes I wore when I was 15 pounds lighter.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #337  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
BMI is based only on your height; the "recommended" range for BMI (18 - 25??) is where the frame size comes in. The formula for inches and pounds: weight * 703/ (height * height).

So the BMI for 5' 11" at 177.8 lbs is 177.8 *703/ (71*71) = 24.8.
5'11" and 140 lbs: BMI = 19.5

Like BevS said immediately above, pay attention to how you feel and how your clothes fit.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #338  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
I went on the advice of my producer who knows the guys that play guitar and sing there every Friday night. I introduced myself and they asked me if I wanted to sing a song. I did- "Ain't No Sunshine". When the song was over, they yelled from the audience, "one more! one more!" So I sang, "Georgia On My Mind". The audience requested yet another song. After my final song, the guys said that I was more than welcome to come back and sing with them anytime I wanted.

I have a myspace, but only have 2 songs. They are live recordings that I did at an acoustic cafe a couple of years ago. Actually, it was 2 days after getting out of the hospital from a really serious bout of pneumonia. Here's the address: www.myspace.com/kristenwarren08
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your voice--- you are so gifted. I will be listening to you on my laptop now as I do this board. Wishing you BIG success. Where did you learn to sing like that? Are there other performers in your family?? I Really love you voice. Did I say that already?? Do you sing landslide?? Somehow your voice reminds me of that song.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #339  

Height: 5'8"

pita!glad to have you back and happy to hear you enjoyed your trip

kplus80 & tay

i think tha having a BMI at 19 or so is getting close to dangerously thin, i agree with the others that 21-22 BMI is generally a great place to start for goal and then adjust after you hit. you may be happy and healthy way before your original goal weights
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Bev, lcw, & mamaerinb Thanks for your responses. Maybe I'll wait until I get closer to see if I want to change my goal.

Soon2B Beautiful voice!! Wishing you much success!
kplus80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #341  

would anyone be interested in starting a memorial fund for CG's son? i would but have NO idea how to start. my heart is breaking for her so much tonight. please let me know if you know how to do this, i think maybe we could all pitch in to help?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
would anyone be interested in starting a memorial fund for CG's son? i would but have NO idea how to start. my heart is breaking for her so much tonight. please let me know if you know how to do this, i think maybe we could all pitch in to help?
I'm in ! But I don't know how to do it at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Did he turn into a prince?

Personally, I would not add anything else into the mix while on the plan. If you are on all the IP protocol supplements, you have everything you need... and it's obviously working for you. But that's just me. Someone else here likely has more expertise regarding the ingredients, though it would probably be helpful to know what supplements you are currently taking.

Enjoy your scale!
No, I already have my charming prince with me I was trying to have a porshe or a BMW, but the iguana stayed an iguana No luxuous car for me

In fact, I agree with you. IP is a protocol that work best how it is, so I just wanted to be sure. I'll keep them for one day, when I'll be in maintenance! Thanks for your advice, Novak
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love your voice--- you are so gifted. I will be listening to you on my laptop now as I do this board. Wishing you BIG success. Where did you learn to sing like that? Are there other performers in your family?? I Really love you voice. Did I say that already?? Do you sing landslide?? Somehow your voice reminds me of that song.
Thank you!! I've actually never had a singing lesson a day in my life. I started when I was 2 singing in church and it's just developed from that. I have played "Landslide" before. It's one of my favorites. My parents and brother are singers as well. I guess you could call us the modern day "Von Trap" family.
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #344  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
Am very sad too. Shocking.

How is pookee doing with her tummy issues?
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #345  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Am very sad too. Shocking.

How is pookee doing with her tummy issues?
it just tears me apart, i wish there was something we could all do to help. i feel such a connection with all our friends on here, i know that nothing we can do can ease the pain she is and will experience from now on, but i just want to do something i guess.

i talked to pookee earlier, she is very busy with moving and i think is planning on getting back into the swing of things once she's settled in.

im so glad you're back

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-12-2010 at 12:44 AM. Reason: stupid typos