Old 07-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Ratfancy! I usually start any diet/exercise program full steam ahead and then lose all steam within the first 1-2 months. happens everytime! Infact, the minute someone asks me if I've lost weight, I turn around and try to gain it back (and then some more). This time around, I will not self-sabatoge my progress, absolutely refuse!!! I have been telling the world (well, everyone around me at least) that I am trying to lose weight, so at least i am holding myself accountable for it. Also, I have been exercising consistently for the past 6 months, lost 18 lbs, gained about 3 back before my brother mentioned the IP program. I look at IP as the re-kickstart to my weightloss for 2010!

Congrats and Best of Luck Sassy! You will be great.

Hope you all have a great evening! BTW, i tried the cereal for the first time this morning and it was great. small portion, but really great. especially when i sprinkled some cinnamon on top.
ciao! xoxo
dietfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #137  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
I am soon going to be starting to see my own clients at our clinic and Im really excited about it. I cant wait to share this amazing lifestyle with others and see them suceed and begin to love their bodies like I am learning to love mine.
smoochies....KimAnn
I am hopefully- if my boss decides to give me a final go ahead- about to start seeing clients too! I'm so excited, plus it's extra motivation for me...I can;t be running around telling other people THEY can do it if I can't. If you guys know anyone in Arkansas who might be interested in starting, let me or TAB know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
I'll be meeting with the coach who's most convenient to me tomorrow. If I think I can work with her, I'll be downing my first IP packet late Thursday or on Friday morning.

In preparation, I ate low-carb today and will tomorrow. I'd prefer to go through the grim days 3 + 4 on the weekend when I don't have to be "on the ball.".
I started on a Monday, and the weekend almost got the best of me. All my friends were drinking, and we had a shrimp broil. It was okay, because they made shrimp, polish sausage, broccoli, and mushrooms. Problem was it was sooo spicy! Instead of reaching for the bread, I drank ALL my water right then and there! But it was harddddd. It's easier for me during the week at work though, since my boss is my IP coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
Hi all!!

My wireless router was zapped by lightning yesterday and I missed you all last night!! As soon as I got off work tonight, I made a b-line for Best Buy and am back in business!

So, I was down two ounces and after my day on Sunday, I thought that was okay.

I was updating my #'s on the 20 lb. challenge and happened to see a couple of people who started out where my goal is and still want to loose more than I need to loose to get where they are starting. I think that is sorta funny. I always think it is funny when someone the size I want to be thinks they are huge and fat, etc. and always wonder to myself what they really think of me and my size. I know we are all comfortable at different sizes, it just always makes me think about it awhile.

Well, now I'm off to catch up on what all of you have been up to since I was zapped and out of commission.
Girl, I don't know how you didn't run to wal*mart and get a router IMMEDIATELY! I couldn't make it without internet.
And I know what you mean when people the size you want to be--or smaller--are going on about being fatties. Kinda damages my self-esteem in the worst way, but I know all these ladies and gents are here to be healthy, and what's healthy for them may not be the same for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i hope i never made you feel like i thought anything negative about you i started at 192 and it killed me because i was always at a comfortable 170 since probably 14 or 15. the 25-20 extra lbs was literally killing me inside and i felt awful about myself and would lash out at everyone because i hated myself. my goal is so i am in a "normal" bmi and body fat percentage(which by the way i have about 3.5 to go to be in normal body fat) we all have our own goals that are TRULY attainable by using the ip method. you should feel SO accomplished in what you have done so far, i admire you more than the 150 people wanting to get to 120 because i KNOW how hard it is. much, much, much love to you. YOU are an inspiration here

i am SO EXCITED to see you back on! you were one of the firsts that encouraged me to start this and continue through all the struggles. i am so glad to hear that phase 4 is not so hard on us, mentally and physically. i hope you check in every once in awhile to keep us(and ME) on track!
Erin, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows you don't think anything negative about anyone. I'm not sure that's possible for you. Actually, I think that is probably VERY possible in the real world, but here in 3FC we know you love us all
It's funny that you're talking about the firsts who encouraged you to start and continue, because that's how I feel about you and pita and carla and jordanna and a few others. You guys may not realize it, but tons of people read what you say, and you are all truly inspiring! I'm sad that you're all going to be leaving before me, but I hope someday someone will say this about me

Everyone else is doing great! Keep up the great work!
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #138  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I am hopefully- if my boss decides to give me a final go ahead- about to start seeing clients too! I'm so excited, plus it's extra motivation for me...I can;t be running around telling other people THEY can do it if I can't. If you guys know anyone in Arkansas who might be interested in starting, let me or TAB know!!

I started on a Monday, and the weekend almost got the best of me. All my friends were drinking, and we had a shrimp broil. It was okay, because they made shrimp, polish sausage, broccoli, and mushrooms. Problem was it was sooo spicy! Instead of reaching for the bread, I drank ALL my water right then and there! But it was harddddd. It's easier for me during the week at work though, since my boss is my IP coach

Girl, I don't know how you didn't run to wal*mart and get a router IMMEDIATELY! I couldn't make it without internet.
And I know what you mean when people the size you want to be--or smaller--are going on about being fatties. Kinda damages my self-esteem in the worst way, but I know all these ladies and gents are here to be healthy, and what's healthy for them may not be the same for me

Erin, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows you don't think anything negative about anyone. I'm not sure that's possible for you. Actually, I think that is probably VERY possible in the real world, but here in 3FC we know you love us all
It's funny that you're talking about the firsts who encouraged you to start and continue, because that's how I feel about you and pita and carla and jordanna and a few others. You guys may not realize it, but tons of people read what you say, and you are all truly inspiring! I'm sad that you're all going to be leaving before me, but I hope someday someone will say this about me

Everyone else is doing great! Keep up the great work!
taylor, you literally just made me tear up. i'm incredibely humbled to be an encouragement to anyone. thank you for that, i have dropped my goal weight to 155 so i'll be here for a bit. i lose about 1.5 lbs a week, that's about 10 weeks! you are an amazingly strong and beautiful woman and i for one am SO proud of you. WOW, me and pita? encouragement??

ELLIE?! YOU HEAR THAT?! wow.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-07-2010 at 11:43 PM.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #139  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
taylor, you literally just mad me tear up. i'm incredibely humbled to be an encouragement to anyone. thank you for that, i have dropped my goal weight to 155 so i'll be here for a bit. i lose about 1.5 lbs a week, that's about 10 weeks! you are an amazingly strong and beautiful woman and i for one am SO proud of you. WOW, me and pita? encouragement??

ELLIE?! YOU HEAR THAT?! wow.
Yes ENCOURAGEMENT...and my daily dose of COMEDY all rolled into one
TaylorMayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Confronting the Food Pusher

Oh my gosh I had a bit of a breakthrough day today -- I confronted my food pusher at work.

It came about totally naturally & it was all handled well -- basically, we were in the bathroom when she asked me how much I'd lost because "I needed to go shopping, my clothes are hanging on me" ... so I responded back with a funny, joking manner, "well, almost 30 pounds, no thanks to you and your food pushing ways. Making me want cake and sandwiches when you know I'm trying to be good!"

And you know what, the look on her face, I knew that she didn't mean to be unsupportive at all - she totally owned up to it and said she wouldn't do it anymore. People -- it was totally liberating! Try it with your food pusher or unsupportive friend...

I know a few people have mentioned negative or unsupportive people today, and the comments about going back to 'normal' or 'real' food -- and I think Showgirlaz (Carla) said it best when she said something like: "Well, eating 'normally' didn't work out all that well for me last time, so I don't think I'm going back to that" So true & well said Carla!

As always, I looked forward to checking the forums all day -- thanks for your support and inspiration.

JC
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
Yes ENCOURAGEMENT...and my daily dose of COMEDY all rolled into one
ahahahahaha! i think pita and i get a little bored with the same ol', same ol'. i'm glad that we can be there to help. honestly i just thought i was the laughing stock of 3fc since i screwed up so much with my devil woman vodka and chips and salsa cheats(you KNOW us southerners can't handle denying the ever-almighty chips in salsa right?). seriously though, it makes me kind of all happy inside to know that i for once could be something positive in this challenge called weight loss.

on another note. my a-hole husband got on the scale again today(after 5, yes 5 chili dogs last night) and managed to LOSE 2 WHOLE FRICKIN' POUNDS!!!!!!!!!! argggggggggggggh! i hate men(no offense men) and their metabolisms. and yes, there was no emotion in the 2 lb loss either. of course. i hope he gains 5 tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:03 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Oh my gosh I had a bit of a breakthrough day today -- I confronted my food pusher at work.

It came about totally naturally & it was all handled well -- basically, we were in the bathroom when she asked me how much I'd lost because "I needed to go shopping, my clothes are hanging on me" ... so I responded back with a funny, joking manner, "well, almost 30 pounds, no thanks to you and your food pushing ways. Making me want cake and sandwiches when you know I'm trying to be good!"

And you know what, the look on her face, I knew that she didn't mean to be unsupportive at all - she totally owned up to it and said she wouldn't do it anymore. People -- it was totally liberating! Try it with your food pusher or unsupportive friend...

I know a few people have mentioned negative or unsupportive people today, and the comments about going back to 'normal' or 'real' food -- and I think Showgirlaz (Carla) said it best when she said something like: "Well, eating 'normally' didn't work out all that well for me last time, so I don't think I'm going back to that" So true & well said Carla!

As always, I looked forward to checking the forums all day -- thanks for your support and inspiration.

JC
i've got a margarita pusher. every weekend. my bff since i was 11, who i might add is a 5'3" buck-20 soaking wet human being, begs me to come drink margaritas(FULL OF SUGAR!!!!!!!) on the weekends. little *&*$*- you know what-...i love her but damn, it's like everyone's more comfy with my being "the fat girl". i feel like i just can't win sometimes. congrats to you for telling her like it is
Old 07-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Sassy...your new pic is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! WOW!!

Erin...I would never think of you as being anything but motivational, supportive and hilarious! I wasn't referring to anyone on here, just saw some numbers and it got me to thinking, and as I was writing as I was thinking about it, well, it just ended up on here. I know just because some are smaller than others of us, it doesn't mean they or we are where we want to be to look good but most importantly to feel good. Thank you for the continual compliments you are always giving me and others. Sometimes it is really nice to hear them from a cute little person as yourself. My BFF is a small woman also and she has been following some of my new eating habits with me and I always get such a kick out of her thinking she needs to. She is so very supportive. Each time I weigh, she is the first person I call, she checks on me through the day, have I eaten enough, drank enough, etc. Between you all, her, my DH and my trainer, I have been so blessed to have so many great people that have supported, motivated, and inspired me on this journey. It has made ALL the difference in the world for me. I so love, love, love you!!

Taylor, isn't it funny how we see ourselves as opposed to how other's see us? I can't imagine you being anywhere near a "fattie". You are such a beautiful girl to me. Congrats on the new place, I would go broke if I were that close to Wal-Mart. I think I would have to ask for some frequent flier credits or something.

Great losses to the rest of you. Glad to see some people checking back in who have been gone for awhile and am super excited to see some arriving in Onederland!!

Had to edit to add...

Jessica...WAY TO GO!!!

And one more thing...

THIS FAT CHICK IS GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A SCALE...THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT!!

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 07-08-2010 at 12:18 AM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #144  

Quote:
Sassy...your new pic is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! WOW!!

Erin...I would never think of you as being anything but motivational, supportive and hilarious! I wasn't referring to anyone on here, just saw some numbers and it got me to thinking, and as I was writing as I was thinking about it, well, it just ended up on here. I know just because some are smaller than others of us, it doesn't mean they or we are where we want to be to look good but most importantly to feel good. Thank you for the continual compliments you are always giving me and others. Sometimes it is really nice to hear them from a cute little person as yourself. My BFF is a small woman also and she has been following some of my new eating habits with me and I always get such a kick out of her thinking she needs to. She is so very supportive. Each time I weigh, she is the first person I call, she checks on me through the day, have I eaten enough, drank enough, etc. Between you all, her, my DH and my trainer, I have been so blessed to have so many great people that have supported, motivated, and inspired me on this journey. It has made ALL the difference in the world for me. I so love, love, love you!!

Taylor, isn't it funny how we see ourselves as opposed to how other's see us? I can't imagine you being anywhere near a "fattie". You are such a beautiful girl to me. Congrats on the new place, I would go broke if I were that close to Wal-Mart. I think I would have to ask for some frequent flier credits or something.

Great losses to the rest of you. Glad to see some people checking back in who have been gone for awhile and am super excited to see some arriving in Onederland!!

Had to edit to add...

Jessica...WAY TO GO!!!
i love, love, love you too and you are one of the first i look for on WI days to hip-hip-hooray for "cute little person"... GOSH*blush*, i've never heard that in my life, thank you from the bottom of my heart WOW! you're almost half way there in such a short amount of time, yipee!

OH! and i have to completey agree on sassy's new pic!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-08-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:20 AM   #145  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
I was updating my #'s on the 20 lb. challenge and happened to see a couple of people who started out where my goal is and still want to loose more than I need to loose to get where they are starting. I think that is sorta funny. I always think it is funny when someone the size I want to be thinks they are huge and fat, etc. and always wonder to myself what they really think of me and my size. I know we are all comfortable at different sizes, it just always makes me think about it awhile.

I have had that same thought! I look at people who are 150 - 130 pounds and they are trying to get lower and, ALL I can think is "Please let me get to that weight." I do wonder what they are thinking. I also wonder, when I get to "there" will I wish for something a little less??

I know, like you, it doesn't matter what other people think or what they want. We each have to be happy and HEALTHY in our own skin. They know now that some of the heavier people are much healthier than the skinny people. That seems to mean weight alone isn't a deciding factor.

If you really want to know what I think when I look at your pictures, I see a beautiful woman who is diligently taking control of what she can with realistic goals. I think you will have great success and be very proud and happy with yourself when you reach your goal.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #146  

Erin...by the way, just so you know, your bf and I are two timing you. Jacob is MINE!

Carla...that was so sweet of you. You are so inspiring to me. I really learn a lot from your posts and am so encouraged at how you have stuck to this for so long, your determination is awesome. When I have a question, even when someone else beats me to the asking, I always wait and watch for your responses. I do not go to a coach, have never, and am very grateful for all of your experience and knowledge and I also think it is very nice of you to put the time into researching the questions people have.

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 07-08-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:24 AM   #147  

on a bit of a bittersweet note.

my husband told me today that i am now neglecting him in favor of my "online friends"... i told him with complete honesty and love that "these women give me the support i have NEVER received in this lifetime".

i do feel guilty now. what to do?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 AM   #148  

Quote:
Erin...by the way, just so you know, your bf and I are two timing you. Jacob is MINE!
hahahahahah!!!

i heart you.

isn't he such a handsome muffin? jeez i feel like such a pedo for saying that!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 07-08-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #149  

Quote:

Carla...that was so sweet of you. You are so inspiring to me. I really learn a lot from your posts and am so encouraged at how you have stuck to this for so long, your determination is awesome. When I have a question, even when someone else beats me to the asking, I always wait and watch for your responses. I do not go to a coach, have never, and am very grateful for all of your experience and knowledge and I also think it is very nice of you to put the time into researching the questions people have.
have to agree. the amount of time and dedication put into your posts is truly astounding. i hope to one day be as helpful
Old 07-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #150  

Quote:
on a bit of a bittersweet note.

my husband told me today that i am now neglecting him in favor of my "online friends"... i told him with complete honesty and love that "these women give me the support i have NEVER received in this lifetime".

i do feel guilty now. what to do?
Well, in my house I might tell him to suck and egg...JK!! LOL!!

Just give him a little extra attention every third night and all should be fine.

Goodness, I can't think of anything serious to say to this one.

Maybe you should talk to him when he gets home and explain how this isn't the easiest thing for you but you are doing it not only for yourself but for your entire family. I mean, I know my loss has improved our family life, I can actually do much more with my hubby and kidos than before. Maybe you could explain to him we are all right here in the same boat with you and all give and take adive to and from one another and that if you weren't on here, you may not be doing as well, you do learn a lot of information that a lot of coaches can't tell you because regardless of being good or bad, many of them just don't have the experience some people on here have. Tell him it is not intentional and you are sorry he feels neglected (don't apologize for neglecting him, just validate his feelings, not that you have done anything wrong) and then proceed as above, give him extra attention every 3rd night. Sometimes our spouses are needier than at other times.