Old 07-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #166  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Novak I love your description of the last weight/inches kind of falling off. Hope to get there soon.AND your sister and you and the ketosis clean out story made me laugh out loud!! Maybe your sister and you could come to my house???
That depends... do you live someplace cool? (It's been 100+ here in D.C.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykimann View Post
I am soon going to be starting to see my own clients at our clinic and I'm really excited about it. I cant wait to share this amazing lifestyle with others and see them succeed and begin to love their bodies like I am learning to love mine.

Have a great evening everyone and keep up the awesome work, you are all soooo inspiring.

smoochies....KimAnn
You are awesome. I want to start running again, but I haven't mentally gotten there yet. I am so inspired by your success... I know that I need to tap the same motivation that got me through the diet and get back out on the bike path (or treadmill, in this heat!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I was updating my #'s on the 20 lb. challenge and happened to see a couple of people who started out where my goal is and still want to loose more than I need to loose to get where they are starting. I think that is sorta funny. I always think it is funny when someone the size I want to be thinks they are huge and fat, etc. and always wonder to myself what they really think of me and my size. I know we are all comfortable at different sizes, it just always makes me think about it awhile.
The truth is that most people are more concerned with their own bodies than anyone else's... they just see you as you. Then, when you lose weight, they eventually notice that you look different... they may not even know why.

Here on the boards, we're all engaged in the same general activity, so we're more tuned into the process. We're still focused primarily on our own weight loss, but I am in awe of you and others who have taken on challenges even greater than my own, which was no picnic! This process takes tremendous strength, and not everyone has the fortitude to stick with it. You guys are my heroes... truly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post

I know, like you, it doesn't matter what other people think or what they want. We each have to be happy and HEALTHY in our own skin. They know now that some of the heavier people are much healthier than the skinny people. That seems to mean weight alone isn't a deciding factor.
So true. My health is what motivated me to take this on... the way I started to look helped get me to the finish line. Now I look better AND feel better. Not a bad result!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
Losing weight, especially this way, is so much more mental than it is physical and we are truly our own worst enemies. I think it's a good thing that the comfort foods weren't so comforting, that means that you have made a huge step in separating the need for comfort food with the need for comfort! That is one of my biggest hurdles - food (especially food that's not good for us) does not need to be the center of every celebration, holiday, disaster and emotionally low time in our lives. There are healthier things than emotional eating. Hey, we've ALL been there.
Wise words, indeed.
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 AM   #167  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

showgirlaz I feel your pain! At this point I have made a list of the foods I plan to eat for the big cheat. Just keep putting it off but I know the day will come. And I know, like you, I will feel so much worse from eating it. Why aren't we smarter than that? It's so compulsive and self-defeating...yet we still do it even though our rational brains know it is all wrong! For today I am glad I have not succumbed because I have lost 50 POUNDS!! Finally --- So excited!!:wi zard::
I read this morning that studies show that women lose a lot more weight with support from other people. So thanks everyone for all of the kind words over the past 5 months.
Oh and YES I am celebrating going from a BMI that was "obese" to now "overweight"29.7

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 07-08-2010 at 09:24 AM.
HopefulTricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #168  

Height: 5'8"

HERE'S A BIG CONGRATS TO TRICIA THIS MORNING!!!:b roc:
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #169  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

I had a dream last night that I signed on and was able to use my signature feature! HAHA! Come on Monday!!!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Well, I'm a failure. I cheated last night and now I'm out of ketosis.

I had a meeting with my music producer last night in the Domain at a swanky restaurant. I did very well just drinking my water and nothing else. Then he gave me some really good news and insisted that we get a celebratory glass of champagne. Yeah well....I didn't finish it, but the glass wasn't full at the end of the night either.

Good thing today is a new day and hopefully ketosis is right around the corner again. How long does it take to get back into it once you stupidly put yourself out of it?
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #171  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

It takes about 2-4 days.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

I had a cheat a couple of weekends ago.....did the cake tasting...which led to further desserts and then some ribs, nachos, cake...etc....I started right back on IP the next day and really it took about 3 days before I saw any further losses. Only advice I can give....try to lose as much as you can now because as you get closer to the wedding you will have so many events that will foil your weight loss. I have my bridal shower this weekend...on Sunday and I have decided that I am going to cheat....I am going to keep the cheating to things that I really love....make it worth it and start over on Monday...in nearly 5 weeks I am down 22pds....I am already preping myself mentally for the fact that I won't probably lose next week.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #173  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Please don't think of yourself as a failure! You are a wonderful, strong, passionate person who has made a choice that is not very good for you. And you have re-committed to doing it differently. That is not failure. That is learning and life, and heading for success!

We all got here because we have an unbalanced relationship (of one kind or another) with food. It's very easy to get so wrapped up in the "rules" and the "need to lose" and then start defining your own value based on those things. But this can lead to a different imbalance.

You are worth so much more than what you eat!!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #174  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Dear Ketosis, please come back! I know I won't expect you till maybe Sunday (that will be 4 days) and I promise not to over exercise. *sigh* I'm bloaty and my weight is going in the wrong direction, I could use your help
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Since I've been home and following the Phase 4 protocol I have lost that and then some. I have lost 2.2 lbs since Sunday. I'm sure alot of it was water, but I am at my goal and maintaining.
Its good to see all of you. BTW!!!! Look at my signature tracker Pretty exciting!!!
WOOHOO!! That's so great ! On goal ! Whoah !
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Oh my gosh I had a bit of a breakthrough day today -- I confronted my food pusher at work.

JC
I think you did really great ! This is truly a good way of confronting them without being mean

Motivat8dMama

Erin You are beautiful, and you were beautiful before also. Being beautiful is not about the weight, but the way we see yourself. When I look to somebody, i find them beautiful if they are kind, smiling, glowing.. and when I look at you that's what I see.

Quote:
I think I may be here awhile yet. I hope that's ok

I must own up! The determination has been shaky lately. I probably should visit the OOPS thread but, I just can't stand putting in writing just how bad I have been. I feel HORRIBLE.. let's hope that says enough. I just got sick of where I have been.. stuck and bored and hating the long haul and wishing for something else.. I did major emotional eating on old comfort foods and UGGH!!! YUCK.. feeling gross and horrible and, worse, my comfort foods didn't taste like and aren't so "comforting" anymore. It has been a real let down.

Oh well, I did learn that I like how I feel eating the IP way. I forgot some of the ways things made me feel. I also think, if not eating the IP way makes me feel so bad, I HAVE NO problem eating IP or simply for as long as it takes.

I have 10 pounds to make my IP goal. I have no idea when I will be allowed to go to phase 2. I think when I get to 150 I will do 5 pound evaluations to see when I want to stop. I think I want to make 135 - 140 but, I might stop before that if I feel good and like how I look.

In any case, unless I can get some great thing goin', I will be here on phase1 for another 8 weeks.
We will be MORE than happy if you're here, that's more than OK !! We'll be also happy (for you) when you'll be to goal and movin on, but we'll be sad also, because you are a great contributor here, and a great friend, and a really good inspiration !! Hang on, it'll get better.. :hug In a way, it's good that this comfort food was not conforting, this means that your tastebuds, and, more important, the way you think, have changed.

Quote:
I only have one phobia and it is to spiders. It is legitimate so, I guess that makes it not a phobia, just a memory I can't get rid of, right? It all started 22 years ago when I got a suitcase out of storage and something small whispered "open it, there might be dead crickets or bugs inside and you don't want to have to drag it back out to clean it." I opened it and out crawled about 300 wolf spiders, all over me and the ground! I ran screaming, hysterical, couldn't go back in the room or calm down. Probably needless to say, but, I didn't use that suitcase. (thanks stupid little voice! )
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!! This is horrible. I would do nightmares everynight if that ever happen to me !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Oh and YES I am celebrating going from a BMI that was "obese" to now "overweight"29.7
AMAZING WOOOOHOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
You're not a failure. Nobody here is a failure. We will fall down 9 times, succeed at 10. Dieting is not easy, and that's allright, because if it was easy, we'll lose weight, gain weight, loose again and on and on... It's allright to slip sometimes, don't beat yourself up, move on, you'll feel better soon Don't give up, we're all here for you :hug
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #176  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

when looking at carb count in products is it the carb - fiber? Is that where we get our total carbs to track?

I am experimenting with alternative foods and just wanted to be sure.
Thanks
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 208/147/145

Height: 5'7

Weighed In Today And 2 Pounds Lost!! Feel Like I Am Struggling To Get Some Of My Weight Off, About 20 Pounds More Is All I Really Want To Lose, But I Feel Like I'm Stuck. I Started Last Week On No Restrictions And Uped(if That Even A Word Lol) My Water Intake, But Not Losing Like I Thought I Would Have. Oh Well It Is The Tom, So Maybe Next Week Will Be Better For Me. I Even Had A Few Cheats 2 Weeks Ago Because We Were On Vacation. I Can't Complain 45 Pounds In 15weeks Is Great!!! Thanks For Everyone Motivation
TAB3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:34 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
when looking at carb count in products is it the carb - fiber? Is that where we get our total carbs to track?

Thanks
That's how most of us count them. That would be net carbs.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #179  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post

Thanks
I count them all since when I did net I was bounced out of ketosis by counting just net, but every persons body is different, so I could have a lower than 40g net threshold.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

I have a new lunch favorite. Lately I've been chopping up a cucumber, put in a bowl, then drizzle a little olive oil on it, some apple cider vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. I usually put a lid on the bowl and then mix it around before I eat it. It's even better the next day once it's sat in the refrigerator overnight. YUM!
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote