Keep up the good work.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #467  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind words!!

Not only did my husband notice my weight loss & and make me feel beautiful, he said I deserve a morning off and he's getting up with our little guy in the morning. (Even though he's just been up for 24 hours and has been working everyday for five weeks straight!!). I ♥ my husband!

Ritiki, when you say you strain the tofu and leave it out for 6 hours do you mean out of the fridge?
What a great man!

I left mine out of the fridge. My veg friend that told me how to do it is VERY health conscious and has always done it that way and never had a problem. I also would occasionally switch out the towels if they seemed really wet with a dry one. It's amazing how much moisture you get out of it.
P.S. She did NOT recommend Silken and said it's too mushy.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

ritiki19

Oops I didn't drain the tofu and I probably used way too much red pepper flakes. My husband took me out for dinner...salmon, veggies and salad so I didn't have my tofu marinade tonight but I looked at it when we got in...stuck my finger in the marinade and WOW hot stuff lol. When I took the Tofu out of the package it was already very dry, almost like a block of dry feta cheese.

I'm so happy for you Jordanna....what a good man you have there. Hard work has paid off for you. Hang on to him lol (I hear they are few and far between these days lol) !!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 186/170/146

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:

Not only did my husband notice my weight loss & and make me feel beautiful, he said I deserve a morning off and he's getting up with our little guy in the morning. (Even though he's just been up for 24 hours and has been working everyday for five weeks straight!!). I ♥ my husband!
What a great guy! It makes it so worth it!
Old 02-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Denialdoesntwork, I like your avatar.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #471  

mmmm I'm going to have to try that tofu recipe
Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #472  
Started IP 2/16/10

S/C/G: 242/235.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
You're speaking my language now, birman. I did read the indented parts and my eyes didn't gloss over, not even once. I so appreciate detail folks (why I married one, thank god!) who can still manage to understand the rest of the world and who have a sense of humor! My DH and I have the perfect balance. (As long as we keep separate checking accounts!)

And please, anything on that leek soup is an improvement!
ksboo1,

just had to chuckle at your response to birman. I too, married a "detailed guy"! I enjoy looking at his wonderful spreadsheets, but wouldn't have the first clue how to make one myself. I'm a creative type and can't be bothered with that level of detail. We're total opposites. He's left brain, I'm right brain.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:10 AM   #473  
Started IP 2/16/10

Quote:
Hey skittles,

I don't eat any of the restricted items (except for 1 package of bbq soy puffs on Saturday night) and I've done fairly well losing so far (27.6 lbs in under 6 weeks).

This is what I eat pretty much every day:

Breakfast: Vanilla pudding or cappuccino drink
Lunch: Chocolate pudding & bok choy soup or cucumber salad
Dinner: 5 oz of meat/ 2 cups of select veggies
Snack: Either butterscotch pudding or Raspberry Jello

I also drink 112 oz of water a day and take all the prescribed vitamins plus the omegas and vitamin D
I so admire you and others for staying away from the restricted things. I'm not that self-displined yet. I have a bar at least once a day. Kinda my way of not feeling deprived I guess.

By the way, so excited for you that your hubby noticed and that he keeps looking! Keep up the good work girl!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #474  
Started IP 2/16/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
I usually have a cup or two of coffee in the morning but rather than using creamer or half and half I add the pre-made vanilla drink. It tastes good and I'm getting the best of both worlds! coffee and my i.p. choice!
I've been doing the same thing. This morning I put it all in the blender with ice and made myself a frappucino - I was needing a Starbucks fix!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:42 AM   #475  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:

What a great coming home story... you're a lucky gal. And talk about motivation!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:08 AM   #476  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Default Leek Soup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Ogdog13: Haha! I am afraid of the leek soup! There is one packet of it hiding in my cupboard. I used leeks extensively in my cooking during my first 2 weeks on IP and I got tired of them. Also everyone seems to hate the Leek soup. I have to be brave and try it though. On the bright side, it is supposed to be 100% naturally flavored. I'll let you know how I like it when I get the courage to try it. I'll send you the Stevia, no problem!
At the risk of being ostracized by the entire group, I feel I must speak up in defense of the much maligned leek soup. It is smooth and creamy, pleasant to look at, and provides a buoyant substance in which to mix other vegetables and spices. It has also helped me lose weight faster than any other diet food I've tried. So, in spite of its imperfections, I can't help having a soft spot in my heart for the lowly leek soup, and I would be happy to provide a loving home for any stray packages currently being ignored-or worse-in your kitchen cupboards.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:53 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Okay so Dustin (my husband) came home and first he said hi to my little guy whom I was holding and then I passed him off to daddy and he looked at me and immediately was like...."wow, you look amazing".

The best parts of him coming home were that he was sitting on the floor playing with Hudson and he kept looking back at me in amazement and then when he hugged me after we put Hudson down for a nap he was like "I can't believe it, you feel so much smaller!"

OMG, I have the biggest smile for you Jordanna! I can't imagine what you smile must be like!!! Whooohoooo!!!!!!!!!!!:ca rrot:
Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #478  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

First weigh in this morning down 8.5.bs and lost 6.75 inches.

M y
Old 02-25-2010, 08:14 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Okay so Dustin (my husband) came home and first he said hi to my little guy whom I was holding and then I passed him off to daddy and he looked at me and immediately was like...."wow, you look amazing".

The best parts of him coming home were that he was sitting on the floor playing with Hudson and he kept looking back at me in amazement and then when he hugged me after we put Hudson down for a nap he was like "I can't believe it, you feel so much smaller!"

That is really wonderful!! What a great NSV.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #480  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

hi sam0617 WONDERFUL job....8.5 pounds is amazing. Week one results are always so encouraging !! Are you eating restricted items or staying clear of them for awhile.

Closed Thread