Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #586  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya beyourbest - I'm super short only 5'5"!! I'm sure you're much taller than I am

That's neat that we started on the same day and have been losing the same amount of weight.

Nice to see you here on the boards!
You are right---I am 5'11"! I still think it is cool how the rest of our numbers match---something to compare to. I had big numbers and this last week was only 3 pounds--which is good, however, I am in three different weight loss challenges and I would like to see 5 pound losses.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #587  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hey Novak - my husband and best friend are over 6' so I guess I've just spent a long time feeling short. 5'5" is a perfectly perfect height...in fact I like to tell them both that I'm not little, I'm fun sized
Okay, I don't feel quite so indignant now.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #588  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Hi mom22, CONGRATULATIONS on moving to Phase 2...great job for you. Have you been on the plan since October/09. Can I ask, did you ever have a few weeks where the scale didn't move...or moved only by a pound or so?

I think I'm going to try the egg creations also, if there is no difference then I don't see to continue paying $29 a box for them when 2 cartons will probably provide me with the same amount of food for probably less than $5.

Thanks for your input.
Trish

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-26-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #589  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Oh yes I wanted to add....I'm also 5'5" and have never been considered short, if anything I'm taller than almost every one of my girlfriends and even some of my male friends lol.

Last edited by skittlescda; 02-26-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #590  

I'm going out for dinner and to a movie with my husband this weekend. The dinner will be no problem, I've already checked the menu and I'm going to have a steak with a double serving of asparagus but the POPCORN at the movies...ugh that's my downfall

I'm going to take my Saturday night IP treat with me (BBQ Soy Puffs) and sneak in an Orange Crush (sweetened with Splenda). I only allow myself a restricted item once a week so it will be a nice treat, but I hope the willpower gods are shining down on me because I love movie popcorn!

I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I weigh in on Sunday and it's not worth it to waste a whole week for some popcorn!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #591  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
This is my reward for reaching my first mini-goal too. I will be purchasing it this weekend and am looking forward to it very much!!!
Woo Hoo! Yayy for you reaching your mini goal too!!

I can tell ya it was not easy to find one in my city though! I began calling every store in my city and surrounding area. None in stock. Hadn't had any in stock for 2 months!

Was getting very discouraged. Went on kijijji and posted an ad. Found out that some people are just greedy: actually asking 150.00 for a USED wii fit, when a brand new one only cost 100.00!! WTH? Was seriously considering it though, I wanted one so bad.

Finally called Walmart this morning and they had 2 in stock. Begged them to hold one for me since I live 30 minutes away and was still in my housecoat...... They said that was against the law and couldn't do that.

So I broke all speed laws to get there in record time. Had just sold one and only had the one left. So happy to have one in my hands, I couldn't stop grinning like a fool!!!

Can't believe I am so excited to actually begin exercising! lol!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #592  
Kris M

Quote:
I'm going out for dinner and to a movie with my husband this weekend. The dinner will be no problem, I've already checked the menu and I'm going to have a steak with a double serving of asparagus but the POPCORN at the movies...ugh that's my downfall

I'm going to take my Saturday night IP treat with me (BBQ Soy Puffs) and sneak in an Orange Crush (sweetened with Splenda). I only allow myself a restricted item once a week so it will be a nice treat, but I hope the willpower gods are shining down on me because I love movie popcorn!

I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I weigh in on Sunday and it's not worth it to waste a whole week for some popcorn!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Great idea to plan ahead with the bbq puffs and orange pop! You can do it!!! Have a great time!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #593  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Oh yes I wanted to add....I'm also 5'5" and have never been considered short, if anything I'm taller than almost every one of my girlfriends and even some of my male friends lol.
Thank you. I rest my case.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #594  

well you guys are lucky - I'm one of the shortest in my group of friends...in fact of my five closest girlfriends I am the shortest
Old 02-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #595  
Kris M

Is anyone else craving beef while on plan? I hardly - if ever ate beef prior to this program. Usually ate the white meats: chicken breast, pork, fish etc with the occasional steak. However lately, I cannot stop thinking of eating a big juicy steak!!!! When we go out for dinner, that is what I always order now, and have been requesting this from hubby (who happens to be the cook in our house!) over and over again!! I am wondering if I am lacking something in my current diet to have this new craving? Any thoughts or idea's on this?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 AM   #596  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittlescda View Post
Hi mom22, CONGRATULATIONS on moving to Phase 2...great job for you. Have you been on the plan since October/09. Can I ask, did you ever have a few weeks where the scale didn't move...or moved only by a pound or so?

I think I'm going to try the egg creations also, if there is no difference then I don't see to continue paying $29 a box for them when 2 cartons will probably provide me with the same amount of food for probably less than $5.

Thanks for your input.
Trish
Thanks so much - the support on this site has often been what has kept me going - thanks to you all.

I mix 1/2 cup of the egg creations ( Southwest or originol are the ones I've tried) and 1/4 cup of the egg white. works out to something like 90 calories, 4 carbs.

I started on Oct 26 (right before Halloween) and as such went through every holiday and special occasion including my birthday. I did eat whatever I wanted for Christmas dinner and had leftovers the next day too. i did get right back on the wagon which is what Dr. Tran recomends - i figureded the sooner i got back on IP, the easier it would be.

About the scale moving - you'll see that I've lost 44 lbs - it took me 4 months - that works out to 11 lbs per month. I certainly haven't had the amazing results that some others have had - I never seemed to hit the 3-5 lb average that everyone talks about. My worst loss was 1 lb/week and i was so frustrated that it cost me $90 to lose one pound. The next week made up for it a bit but here's what has kept me on the diet - i did lose every week and every week the inches showed that my body was changing. every week my clothes felt different. Every week somene noticed and one compliment goes a long way. The other motivator - i'm doing this once - i might gain 5 lbs but i'm never going to need to lose 50 lbs again - never.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #597  

Height: 5'10"

Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #598  
Start Date Oct 26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Woo Hoo! Yayy for you reaching your mini goal too!!

I can tell ya it was not easy to find one in my city though! I began calling every store in my city and surrounding area. None in stock. Hadn't had any in stock for 2 months!

Was getting very discouraged. Went on kijijji and posted an ad. Found out that some people are just greedy: actually asking 150.00 for a USED wii fit, when a brand new one only cost 100.00!! WTH? Was seriously considering it though, I wanted one so bad.

Finally called Walmart this morning and they had 2 in stock. Begged them to hold one for me since I live 30 minutes away and was still in my housecoat...... They said that was against the law and couldn't do that.

So I broke all speed laws to get there in record time. Had just sold one and only had the one left. So happy to have one in my hands, I couldn't stop grinning like a fool!!!

Can't believe I am so excited to actually begin exercising! lol!
you will love it - love mine!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #599  
Start Date Oct 26/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
bad breath is a sign you're in ketosis - my clinic sells SPRY gum and mints which are sweetened with xylitol. i don't know about the breath strips - it probably depends on how many you use as the suralose will add up if you use a lot of them. i know this question came up before - someone likely remembers the answer.

Last edited by Mom22; 02-26-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #600  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
bad breath is a sign you're in ketosis - my clinic sells SPRY gum and mints which are sweetened with xylitol. i don't know about the breath strips - it probably depends on how many you use as the suralose will add up if you use a lot of them. i know this question came up before - someone likely remembers the answer.
I also use Spry gum and chew on fennel seeds and sprigs of mint and parsley to help with the bad breath. I have started to embrace it rather then hate it though because it means I am in ketosis and that is a good thing!!! I was using the listerine strips but the effects didn't last long enough for my liking. FYI: Dentyne gum has the least amount of sugar/sugar alcohol in any commercial brand of gum that I have found (besides the Spry) Some coaches will say no to the gum, but mine has always left the choice up to me. AS of yet, it has not impacted my weight loss that I have seen. Usually only have 1-2 a day when having to get face to face with clients ( and hubby!!!) etc.

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-26-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Closed Thread