Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 01:09 PM   #601  

S/C/G: 208.4/195.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm going out for dinner and to a movie with my husband this weekend. The dinner will be no problem, I've already checked the menu and I'm going to have a steak with a double serving of asparagus but the POPCORN at the movies...ugh that's my downfall

I'm going to take my Saturday night IP treat with me (BBQ Soy Puffs) and sneak in an Orange Crush (sweetened with Splenda). I only allow myself a restricted item once a week so it will be a nice treat, but I hope the willpower gods are shining down on me because I love movie popcorn!

I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I weigh in on Sunday and it's not worth it to waste a whole week for some popcorn!!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Great plan for the movies...here is another idea too. Try to think about the popcorn in a gross way...for example...look at the kid behind the counter and imagine them just coming out of the bathroom before they stick their hand in there and get your popcorn...who knows where those hands have been or what really went into that popcorn machine...who knows what else got put into that container with the liquid butter flavoring?

Oh and even though it isn't necessarily "on plan", take some gum with you. I have found that chewing a piece of gum will keep my mouth busy and take my mind off whatever...especially if it is a toothpaste kind of flavor. Oh and a piece of sugarless gum here and there didn't slow down my loss.

Good luck and have fun!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #602  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrab View Post
Hi there. Pertaining to the salt, i have the IP printout right on my desk, and it clearly says 1/2 tsp per day. That is all i am taking, and that is already too much!
I'm well aware that other people's IP papers say 1/2 teaspoon of salt. However, my IP paperwork is identical in every way except in the amount of salt required. It clearly states 1 teaspoon. I'm just inquiring if anyone else is on the same protocol.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #603  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
The spry gum and mints are also sold at the Vitamin Shoppe. I also use the Listerine strips.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #604  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyva View Post
Great plan for the movies...here is another idea too. Try to think about the popcorn in a gross way...for example...look at the kid behind the counter and imagine them just coming out of the bathroom before they stick their hand in there and get your popcorn...who knows where those hands have been or what really went into that popcorn machine...who knows what else got put into that container with the liquid butter flavoring?

Oh and even though it isn't necessarily "on plan", take some gum with you. I have found that chewing a piece of gum will keep my mouth busy and take my mind off whatever...especially if it is a toothpaste kind of flavor. Oh and a piece of sugarless gum here and there didn't slow down my loss.

Good luck and have fun!
Okay..I think you just cured my movie popcorn cravings for LIFE!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #605  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
My coach says you can use those.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #606  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I'm well aware that other people's IP papers say 1/2 teaspoon of salt. However, my IP paperwork is identical in every way except in the amount of salt required. It clearly states 1 teaspoon. I'm just inquiring if anyone else is on the same protocol.
My paperwork also says 1/2 tsp sea salt.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #607  

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it! I will check my center out next week for Spry products.

Tonight's my first "test" so to speak - we have a hockey game, and I'll be surrounded by people eating popcorn and other former favorites. LOL I'm going to keep my bottle of water full and concentrate on enjoying the game and not missing the accompanying treats.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #608  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Major NSV! Every month at our office, we have a birthday cake to celebrate the birthdays that month. Actually, it used to be on each separate birthday we would have a cake- they got me a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate shavings on it for mine (in July). Anyway, we were just all in the conference room eating it and only a handful of people even know that I'm on a diet. I was afraid I'd have to explain but there were 3 other people who also didn't eat cake and no one bothered us. I wasn't tempted at all! I usually love cake but all I could see was all the sugar on it. I always let my little sister eat the icing anyway because she loves it! Besides, it wasn't homemade so it didn't look tempting at all. I have resolved that when I'm not on IP anymore, I will not just eat all kinds of random things at the office. This morning, someone brought in bagels. Last week, it was cupcakes. You get the idea. IT people like to snack! In the future when I'm allowed to have sugar again, I'm only going to "splurge" every once in a while, and then I'm going to make it really good. Something homemade. And I'll bake something and then make everyone else eat it except for 1 serving which I will eat.

Since going on IP and keeping a food journal, I really notice what I am putting into my mouth. It keeps me accountable.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #609  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Mom22 I needed to hear what you had to say....I've lost 14 lbs in one month so I probably shouldn't start worrying until the end of next month maybe lol. If I'm still losing one pound a week then I'm going to be concerned because I'm sticking to the diet...no cheating and I look and feel better than I have in along time and love that my clothes are much looser than one month ago.

I agree about the Listerine strips...they seem to be only good for a few seconds and I'm really not sure in a few seconds if they do alot for your breath.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #610  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
Major NSV! Every month at our office, we have a birthday cake to celebrate the birthdays that month. Actually, it used to be on each separate birthday we would have a cake- they got me a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate shavings on it for mine (in July). Anyway, we were just all in the conference room eating it and only a handful of people even know that I'm on a diet. I was afraid I'd have to explain but there were 3 other people who also didn't eat cake and no one bothered us. I wasn't tempted at all! I usually love cake but all I could see was all the sugar on it. I always let my little sister eat the icing anyway because she loves it! Besides, it wasn't homemade so it didn't look tempting at all. I have resolved that when I'm not on IP anymore, I will not just eat all kinds of random things at the office. This morning, someone brought in bagels. Last week, it was cupcakes. You get the idea. IT people like to snack! In the future when I'm allowed to have sugar again, I'm only going to "splurge" every once in a while, and then I'm going to make it really good. Something homemade. And I'll bake something and then make everyone else eat it except for 1 serving which I will eat.

Since going on IP and keeping a food journal, I really notice what I am putting into my mouth. It keeps me accountable.
Congrats on the NSV Cinnamon! That's awesome.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:15 PM   #611  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
My paperwork also says 1/2 tsp sea salt.
I double checked and mine is 1/2 tsp also - could it be a typo??
Old 02-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #612  

Hi Folks,

I just tried the mushroom soup for the first time and would like to get some ideas how to "spice it up" for next time. I did add in the following:

-Little bit of low sodium beef broth
-Chopped grilled portabello (this helped a lot)
-2 cups fresh spinich

What have you tried that works well? I need help with the chicken soup too, and I haven't ventured to try the leek yet...

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #613  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo Sky View Post
Hi Folks,

I just tried the mushroom soup for the first time and would like to get some ideas how to "spice it up" for next time. I did add in the following:

-Little bit of low sodium beef broth
-Chopped grilled portabello (this helped a lot)
-2 cups fresh spinich

What have you tried that works well? I need help with the chicken soup too, and I haven't ventured to try the leek yet...

Thanks!
I have to be honest - i wasn't able to do anything to the mushroom soup so that i thought it was great. i think it's the little pieces of mushroom that i couldn't get over. i just choked it down until i used it up. i love the chicken soup. my favorite way is to cook two cups of frozen broccoli/cauliflower - drain and then mash - mix chicken soup with quite a bit of water - pour over cauliflower/broccoli - reheat - salt pepper or whatever. Leek soup - there's been lots of love and hate for the leek soup - i did try it and while it wasn't horrible, i liked the chicken so just stayed with that one. i also just heat up the chicken soup with lots of water (or chicken broth) and have it out of a cup - i have my veggies and salad seperate.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #614  
september 21/2009

S/C/G: 227/162/160

Height: 5ft7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post

Thanks for the clarity on that.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:53 PM   #615  

S/C/G: 255/196/140

The sun just broke thru after all the snow we've been getting, looks beautiful!

did a lot of reading and, again, thanks to all for the input and sharing!

Also, did a search and can't seem to find how much soy nuts is considered a protein serving?

Thanks!!

Last edited by maryannb; 02-26-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Closed Thread