Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 150/127/120

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you, Ogdog :] You are always such a great support for everyone on here, and I'm glad that you and other "veteran" IPers haven't all moved to the alternate thread!

Supersweet, yes I have tried reducing the number of packets, working with my coach and moving into the phases earlier than normal. This is an issue I've had for about 17 years (my mother and grandmother had it too!) I am very glad to have been able to do IP long enough to transform my body and my eating. Tomorrow will be my first no packet day, which will be strange after 8 weeks of IP!

One more thing, someone mentioned moods and depression etc., and of course that is an issue for most of us at some point in our lives, especially in the winter months when we are not outside soaking up our vitamin D! I do not know what the IP Omega III supplement has in it, but many such supplements have vitamin D (I'm thinking Twinlab brand cod liver oil) and adding such a supplement may help improve one's mood. I saw one study that showed vitamin D supplementation was more effective than light therapy with folks prone to seasonal affective disorder. 1 T of Twinlab emulsified (and flavored) cod liver oil has 5 g of carbs. I think you could take a teaspoon daily and have good results, though some might need more. As long as you are not cheating in other areas, I don't think the carb additions would hurt, and the extra efas could really help your weightloss, AND it facilitates the absorption of calcium, so it's all good. Just a thought.

Have a great day everyone! :]
Old 02-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #107  

My Dr. told me that I should have the nighttime snack an hour before bed. The reason had something to do with digesting it while you are sleeping helps you lose more blah blah... Have any of you heard this? I am just wondering if I should have it and be done eating before 8 ( I have heard somebody say that helps). Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #108  
back in the saddle

S/C/G: 279/254/165

Height: 5'3.5"

Had weigh in on Monday and i was down 5.2 lbs and lost some inches!!!! Maybe I am off the naughty behavior and back on track!!!!! I want to be under 250 on my next appt!! I definately agree with everyone on the cost of this program!!! Thanks for the website with the cheaper but comparable products. I had often wondered how the slim fast products compare???
Old 02-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #109  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

my coach told me to have my snack one hr. before bed. She said that it keeps our body in ketosis while we are sleeping and we will continue to burn fat while asleep.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #110  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirlks View Post
Had weigh in on Monday and i was down 5.2 lbs and lost some inches!!!! Maybe I am off the naughty behavior and back on track!!!!! I want to be under 250 on my next appt!! I definately agree with everyone on the cost of this program!!! Thanks for the website with the cheaper but comparable products. I had often wondered how the slim fast products compare???
AWESOME JOB!!! I think you being under 250 on your next weigh in is a very attainable goal! Keep it up!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #111  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

So, fourth weigh-in today, and I lost another 3.5 lbs! That means my grand total for my first month on IP is 15.5 lbs... I am a quarter of the way to my goal! Yay me! I also lost 1/2 inch everywhere except my hips... those stubborn hips! My coach said that she could really see the weight loss on me today; that was nice to hear too. I just feel thinner and better. It's a GREAT feeling.

As great as I feel, I feel kind of bad also, because my boyfriend only lost 2 lbs this past week. We've been completely committed, no cheats or slips since day 1, and we eat the exact same thing as one another everyday. The only difference is, I drink 100+ oz. of water and he never drinks more than 64 oz. (and he admitted that there were a few days this past week where he didn't even get in that much). So, moral of the story, drink your water! And lots of it!

(And even though I felt bad, it REALLY felt good to lose more then him. Right now, I'm only 1.5 lbs behind him for total weight loss. Go me!)
Old 02-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #112  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRINCASS View Post
I just received a coupon for newlife its $35 off 200.00 purchase or more. (feb2010) It expires at the end of Feb.

I have ordered the shakes and they are legit and my order was here within 4 days. I was very pleased with there service and Price!!!
Thank you! That will save me even MORE money!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
So, fourth weigh-in today, and I lost another 3.5 lbs! That means my grand total for my first month on IP is 15.5 lbs... I am a quarter of the way to my goal! Yay me! I also lost 1/2 inch everywhere except my hips... those stubborn hips! My coach said that she could really see the weight loss on me today; that was nice to hear too. I just feel thinner and better. It's a GREAT feeling.

As great as I feel, I feel kind of bad also, because my boyfriend only lost 2 lbs this past week. We've been completely committed, no cheats or slips since day 1, and we eat the exact same thing as one another everyday. The only difference is, I drink 100+ oz. of water and he never drinks more than 64 oz. (and he admitted that there were a few days this past week where he didn't even get in that much). So, moral of the story, drink your water! And lots of it!

(And even though I felt bad, it REALLY felt good to lose more then him. Right now, I'm only 1.5 lbs behind him for total weight loss. Go me!)
Awesome job Swilk!!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'7

Well I can't believe it but at my second weigh in I lost another 6lbs!! So in two weeks 12lbs total! Only problem is I don't feel my clothes any bigger yet, hopefully soon i will be able to feel the difference.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post
BlueMermaid, thanks for the www.iherb.com info. Prices aren't quite as good as Puritan's, but man the selection for organic and whole food vitamins is superb.

Ladies, found vitamins close to what IPs is.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Calci...tgels/461?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Potas...227-g/777?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Two-Per-Day-Tab...abs/22237?at=0
Ohh...thanks. This was the plan for tonight: research vitamins!
Old 02-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #116  

Congratulations Swilk and Alihal well done on your weight losses!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Ogdog - I looked at the potassium on iherb.com....this says its a powder to use like table salt. When I was searching for potassium a few weeks ago, I could not find anything close to IP's..I was hoping this was it...but heck, I barely get my salt in!!

Swilk - wow? You lost more than a guy lost?? Let me sit down and breathe....whew. How do you get in that much water? Like your boyfriend, I even struggle with the 64oz. Congrats!

Alihal - ya' gotta be careful what you wish for!! I wanted my clothes to be loose too....and I went right to having my clothes look sloppy!! I never even got to enjoy them fitting right. I spent the month of December just altering clothes....and now I am trying to make some new clothes (I hate to shop) for my upcoming trip! It will come...you are doing great.

LauraVP: My dr. put me on D-3 vitamins. I live in Michigan....and she says nearly everyone here suffers from a D deficiency because there is no sun in the winter (well, rarely). She asked me today if I was REALLY taking them (I am...).

SuperSweet...I loved your post. You really have a handle on the workings of IP....way better than me. Your post kept me on track today...knowing what a cheat could do and why.

You are all doing great...
Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #118  
fluffymama

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihal View Post
Well I can't believe it but at my second weigh in I lost another 6lbs!! So in two weeks 12lbs total! Only problem is I don't feel my clothes any bigger yet, hopefully soon i will be able to feel the difference.
that is sooo great! Wow I hope that I do that well on my second weigh in! Congrats and keep up the great work!!
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #119  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Showgirlaz - are you still around or busy with the visiting family still?? I need to know how my "Birthday Buddy" did at her weigh in!! I'm almost half way to our goal
HELLO!

Yes, I still have family in town until tuesday the 9th. I also have a semi broken computer so I have been saving battery power while I wait for the new power supply cord to be shipped.

Last week was not so good. I don't know why but about 2 week ago I started feeling off, end of week 9 for me and my TOM. Anyway, I became very mood, irritable, and FAMISHED. I felt like I was fighting a cheat moment all day long. I didn't cheat but felt very awful until yesterday. I did my monday weigh in and lost ZERO!! Yes, a big, fat, Zero. I did lose 1.5 inches though. My coach had no advice. He said he couldn't force me to keep doing this but if I wanted to do it he would not offer me any optional veggies or restricted foods at this point - basically suck it up and put your big girl panties on if you are going to do this! LOL.. I said I don't have a problem with the weight loss or the program I just don't like feeling so bad and wanted relief; I am so hungry... not craving junk just more food in general, I would even eat and extra packet a day. He gave in to me having up to 3 extra packets a week IF I was having truly famished feelings. I got some extra sleep the past few nights and the emotions and general well being seem to be coming back. It isn't official, came from my closet scale, but I seem to be down 3 pounds since monday. HOPEFULLY, next weeks weigh in will be great!

I am so glad you are quickly approaching your goal! That is so awesome!

I will try to stay in touch over the next few days but don't expect too much. It will be hard before next week to get the computer time!

Carla
Old 02-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSweet View Post
Sure...They are called Ultimate Wellness and the number is 480-626-7122. I also email in my orders to [email protected] . I know they have some long distance customers but you would need to call them and ask them what they require ...I am local so I don't know to much about that.

They are so nice and always willing to listen.

I hope that helps...have a safe trip!
Thanks for the information.
Closed Thread