Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
do you then have to cut back on your vegetables during the day, or it dosent effect your count?
I use the count of veggies as my required amount. I do not always use 2 cups at lunch and 2 cups at dinner....some days I break it down to 1 cup at breakfast - 1 cup at lunch and 2 for dinner. I have also just had 1 cup for lunch and 3 cups for dinner if I make stir fry. It really matters that you get your 4 cups in per day...not so much the times of day.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Stress can be a big factor in weightloss everyone. Something about cortisol.

Ladies, sorry that I don't remember who (torchlaker was one), who have dry hair, try taking some omega fatty acid supplements. They will help your hair, skin and nails!! I take them 3 times a day with my other vities and have noticed a difference in my skin!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post

Ladies, sorry that I don't remember who (torchlaker was one), who have dry hair, try taking some omega fatty acid supplements. They will help your hair, skin and nails!! I take them 3 times a day with my other vities and have noticed a difference in my skin!!
Thanks! I have been taking 2 of my fish oil supplements lately. I did not take them the first 2 weeks of the diet though. I will continue them and maybe increase them.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #64  
Started IP 10/30/09

S/C/G: 173.5/151.4/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogdog13 View Post

The IP omega 3s were great. When I ran out, I got the Trader Joe's brand, and I belch fish all day. Anybody know of a nonfishy brand?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
The IP omega 3s were great. When I ran out, I got the Trader Joe's brand, and I belch fish all day. Anybody know of a nonfishy brand?
Give flax oil capsules a shot. I don't belch them up at all and love what they have done for my dry skin!!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #66  
THINGS HAPPEN 4 A REASON

S/C/G: 233/149./140 START IP 10/24/09

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
hey, any of you who are using I.P. bars.....when you get a chance, can you look on your box and tell me if they contain any sugar alcohols? I never bought the I.P. bars, but I just got a box of Lindora Cinnamon crunch bars...they have 13 carbs, but 5 gs sugar alcohols.
Here's just one bar that I know has the sugar alcohols in it.

Cookies-n-Cream
Ingredients & Nutrition Facts
http://idealprotein.com/ipcl_usen.asp?no=295&c=13
Old 02-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

For those of you who like the IP plain crepes, I came up with a comparable recipe using Maple Grove Farms sugar-free pancake and waffle mix (about $3.79 from Netrition) and unflavored whey protein isolate (I use the NOW brand from Netrition - 1.2 pounds for about $15). The recipe makes 3 medium pancakes and has 150 calories, 5.5 g. carb, and 20.5 g. protein. The whole box makes about 14 servings. It would count as a restricted item just like the IP crepes.

Mix well: 2 1/2 T. pancake mix
2 T. whey powder
1 t. oil
1 egg white
2 T. water

Heat pan on medium to medium high heat and spray with a little PAM. I sprinkle a little Stevia over top before I use the sugar-free pancake syrup.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Well....I did it...I GAINED 4#! I am almost in tears as I write this. We changed my goal weight...and I am on Phase II AGAIN. I guess I still use food when I am stressed...and I have really been stressed....but that is no excuse.

BlueMermaid....I started losing slower the closer I got to goal...but it could be that I was cheating....(ya' think??)

I did not go to the weighin in my underwear (Echobaby!!)....I had actually eaten a bar just before I went in. I explained the financial hardship right now....told nurse about the Lindora site (she is gonna check it out) and still bought some IP products (the bars fill me up more than any bar I have tried). She suggested soynuts or almonds if I HAD to have something at night. Wish I could afford the chocolate soypuffs....I really like those.

AND...I bought a scale. The ketostix should come this week. I have GOT to do this and find some other way to deal with the stresses in my life right now...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #69  

Week 9 weigh in today...down another 4lbs. That makes 35lbs from Dec 2 to Feb 2.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by want2run View Post
Week 9 weigh in today...down another 4lbs. That makes 35lbs from Dec 2 to Feb 2.
WOW 35 lbs in 2 months, that's fantastic!! Congratulations!!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #71  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi everyone! I'm new to I.P. Today is day nine for me. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 7.1 lbs. I was kindof discouraged by that, but then I thought about how heavy a 5lb. bag of sugar was and realized, hey, I lost that plus 2.1 lbs.! So, I'm out of my funk. I also lost a few inches here and there. I have read through all of the Dec/Jan posts and I can say that last week I was really having a hard time being "down", and I am normally a very upbeat happy go lucky girl. I am newly married, have three kids, two dogs, and am lucky enough to be a stay at home mom/wife. So when I was feeling down and depressed it really bothered me. I guess more than anything I was very emotional last week. I wanted to eat dessert so bad, and a fountain diet coke from McDonalds, after all, they are only $1! But, I didn't cheat and then had my weigh in Monday. I think that this is do-able for all of us, I appreciate the support that this board offers and have gotton a lot of great ideas!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #72  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

can someone please tell me the recipe for the baked turkey pepperoni. I saw it the other day and now cannot seem to locate it again. Thanks in advance
Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to I.P. Today is day nine for me. I had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 7.1 lbs. I was kindof discouraged by that, but then I thought about how heavy a 5lb. bag of sugar was and realized, hey, I lost that plus 2.1 lbs.! So, I'm out of my funk. I also lost a few inches here and there. I have read through all of the Dec/Jan posts and I can say that last week I was really having a hard time being "down", and I am normally a very upbeat happy go lucky girl. I am newly married, have three kids, two dogs, and am lucky enough to be a stay at home mom/wife. So when I was feeling down and depressed it really bothered me. I guess more than anything I was very emotional last week. I wanted to eat dessert so bad, and a fountain diet coke from McDonalds, after all, they are only $1! But, I didn't cheat and then had my weigh in Monday. I think that this is do-able for all of us, I appreciate the support that this board offers and have gotton a lot of great ideas!
Hi Fluffymama

Congratulations on your loss
Old 02-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #74  

Turkey Pepperoni Chips
lay pepperoni on sheet bake at 350 for about 10 min. Transfer to a paper towel, and pat grease off of them. let cool a few minutes!

FYI - There is an IP recipe section on the forum that is super helpful Usually if someone posts a recipe on the boards they will post it in the recipe section as well for easy finding!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:18 PM   #75  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Well....I did it...I GAINED 4#! I am almost in tears as I write this. We changed my goal weight...and I am on Phase II AGAIN. I guess I still use food when I am stressed...and I have really been stressed....but that is no excuse.
AND...I bought a scale. The ketostix should come this week. I have GOT to do this and find some other way to deal with the stresses in my life right now...
Sorry to hear about the weight gain, I know things have been hard for you lately. Even though I'm sure it's a terrible feeling to have "fallen off" the IP wagon, you are clearly a very strong woman; you've endured some very tough times, and I admire your strength and resiliency. And using food for stress clearly isn't ideal, but you've taken back control before the weight gain could really add up. For me, this is VERY inspiring. I'm still early in my weight loss (week 4 weigh-in tomorrow), and my boyfriend and I are already concerned about how to deal with temptations and reverting back to "real eating" when we close in on our goal weights. Even though I know that you more experienced IPers are worried about your bumps in the road affecting those of us who are newer, I appreciate you sharing experiences like this. It puts the diet back in perspective with real life, and it encourages me that if I do mess up or slip up, it's not the end of the world, and others have done so before me and gotten back on the horse. So thank you for continuing to post and share

p.s. I am soooo with you on the cost. Between my boyfriend and I, we're really strapped tight with the cost of this program (though we're still spending less each week on food then we did before -- really sad!). Next week when we get paid, I'm planning on ordering a bunch of the pre-made vanilla shakes on newlifestylediet.com (I'm going for it and ordering $200 worth for the free shipping -- we'll definitely drink them all). They're our favorite, they're exactly the same as the IP ones, and they'll be HALF THE PRICE that we pay at our clinic. Sold.
Closed Thread