Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM   #16  
Start Date Oct 26/09

S/C/G: 199/148.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
Been on ideal protein for a week now, lost 7 pounds my first week. wanted to check on a couple of things? Anyone using Walden Farms? and what about super bowl on Sunday? I'm having a party but going to make some of the recipes i have seen on the site. How do you stick to the plan thought?
you'll get lots of different opinions on the wf products. my suggestion, buy only a couple and try them out - try cooking and marinading with them too. some sound good but aren't - some people like ones that i don't so...it all depends.

superbowl party - shrimp, chicken wings (hot sauce or try out bbq or sauce on the recipe thread), veggie platter, sliced meats, pickles (make sure not sweet), etc., etc. i've gone to lots of housewarming parties, christmas & thanksgiving get togethers, new year's eve and with a little planning have found there's always lots of allowed things to snack on. switch around your snack and supper so you can consume meat at the party and you're still not over on your protein. veggies - pick the right ones and they're basically unlimited.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #17  

I am on day 7 and just made it thru the first weekend. I have to say that this weekend was really hard for my husband and I and now we are both struggling with hunger. Is this a normal thing? I thot that the hunger goes away (at least mostly) after the 1st 3 days.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #18  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Mom22 - sorry it was .4 lbs, not 4. I'm a daily weigher and so that was the only thing I could figure. I didn't weight yesterday though. And no, the shrimp weren't breaded. I also hate calling it a cheat, because there was also meat and cheese and bread there and I passed that up so I have to give myself a pat on the back for that one. I made my own dressing and used some of that yesterday, but it was just apple cider vinegar and 3 teaspoons EVOO. I used it sparingly, but usually use WF dressings. Maybe it was that?
I start my period next Sunday. I know your period can affect your loss, but is it the week before or week of that usually causes a change? Anyone know?

Last edited by ritiki19; 02-01-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #19  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Mom22 - sorry it was .4 lbs, not 4. I'm a daily weigher and so that was the only thing I could figure. I didn't weight yesterday though. And no, the shrimp weren't breaded. I also hate calling it a cheat, because there was also meat and cheese and bread there and I passed that up so I have to give myself a pat on the back for that one. I made my own dressing and used some of that yesterday, but it was just apple cider vinegar and 3 teaspoons EVOO. I used it sparingly, but usually use WF dressings. Maybe it was that?
I start my period next Sunday. I know your period can affect your loss, but is it the week before or week of that usually causes a change? Anyone know?
I'm a daily weigher too (several times a day, in fact), and there have been days where I have gained a half pound or so. After my official weigh in last Wednesday, my weight held at that exact weight for a few days, jumped up a half pound, went down a half pound, and then today it jumped down 2 lbs from yesterday! I follow the plan strictly every day, so I really think it's just hormones and my body's chemistry. Looking back at my food journal, too, I was drinking less water at the end of last week (about 80 oz.) and picked up again over the weekend (back to 100+), which could also be helping. As far as the period, I had mine the week prior to last Wednesday's weigh-in, and I still lost 3.5 lbs (and 4 the previous week, which was the "week before"). I'm not sure at exactly what point in the cycle it really has an effect on the weight loss; I'm curious to see what will happen for me this week. So, long story short, DON'T beat yourself up, you made the best decision in the circumstance you were in, and I'm sure the weight gain is completely unrelated to those four little shrimp... and it's definitely not a permanent gain!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #20  
Started IP 1/8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicibel View Post
I am on day 7 and just made it thru the first weekend. I have to say that this weekend was really hard for my husband and I and now we are both struggling with hunger. Is this a normal thing? I thot that the hunger goes away (at least mostly) after the 1st 3 days.
My boyfriend and I are doing this together, and we've been on the diet for nearly a month. The first three weekends were by far the hardest for us; we hung around at home because we didn't really trust ourselves around temptations at that point, and we were pretty bored just sitting here. Plus, we ALWAYS used to go out to eat on the weekends, so that was all we could think about: EATING. I think it was more emotional hunger than true hunger. We were bored and longing for food simply because it was what we usually reverted to in those situations, not because we were really hungry. This past weekend, though, I actually commented to him about how much easier it was. We even went to a birthday party for his aunt with cakes and cookies sitting six inches in front of us, and we weren't even tempted! Now that we're in the routine of the diet, it "is what it is", and we don't really obsess about what we can't have (though pizza commercials always get us), and don't think about eating quite so much.

I still have days, though (and so does he), where I am so hungry (truly hungry) that I have to have an extra salad just to get me through the day, and I am miserable because I just want to eat something filling and satisfying (usually by dinnertime I'm good; eating "real food" usually does the trick). Most days though are like today, where I didn't even feel like eating, but I did it because I know I have to. Just stick with, stay on plan, and it really does get a lot easier. I promise!
Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #21  
Started IP 1/8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLMIKE View Post
Been on ideal protein for a week now, lost 7 pounds my first week. wanted to check on a couple of things? Anyone using Walden Farms? and what about super bowl on Sunday? I'm having a party but going to make some of the recipes i have seen on the site. How do you stick to the plan thought?
We bought some WF BBQ sauce at Walmart the other day. I've heard VERY mixed reviews on the WF products on this website (mostly not great), so I never would have bought the sauce if it wasn't right there in front of me on the shelf (and only $3.50). We haven't tried it yet, but even if it's bad I figure I could doctor it up, as most people on here have done (or tried).

The fact that you're the one having the party is a great thing! It puts you in control. Like Mom22 said, there are some great recipes that people have posted on the recipes sticky; we made the taco lettuce wraps tonight, and the naked boneless wings over the weekend; both were awesome! Once you start losing and really seeing results, the plan becomes so easy to stick to. You realize that even a slice of pizza can completely counteract all the work you've done (at least in the very beginning of the diet), and it's just not worth risking it. 7 lbs is terrific; keep up the great work!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Very happy with IP so far!

Hi, I'm new and have been on the Ideal Protein diet program for one week. I'm feeling great and my first weigh in was today and I'm down 7 lbs....so I'm even more pumped and motivated than I was before.
I'm enjoying the food as I try different things i.e. mixing veggies in my soup, spaghetti, omelettes and chilli. Putting vanilla shakes as creamer in my coffee. After day 3 I felt like a new person and after day 4 the hunger pangs were all but gone. I will say that this diet is probably not for everyone but if you try, be sure to give yourself time to adjust to the foods/tastes/routine of eating the IP packs and once you get past the first few days and start to be creative with your menus, you'll be pleased with the results. I'm going to look through the posts on this site to share my excitement and to help support others who are, like me, starting out. Trish
Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 191.5/170/140

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Wow Trish, if you've been on the diet for only a week and they are allowing your to have spaghetti and chili your coach is a lot easier than mine. I'm on week three and can't have any restricted food for at least another week.

Tried the WF BBQ sauce tonight with some ground beef and it wasn't too bad. The lean ground beef is really dry so the sauce helped.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #24  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Default Cinnamon Toothpicks

I so remember these!!! Where did you get cinnamon oil? I haven't seen it in years.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
Mom22 - is all gum with xylitol allowed? If so then Trident is fine too. My friends are doing the HCG diet and they are only allowed gum with xylitol and can have Trident...they're not supposed to have aspartame either. That would be great news for me!!!
I had my first gain! I'm really upset and can't stop thinking about it! I went to a bridal shower on Saturday and had a cheat. I had 4 pieces of shrimp. I know it's allowed, but rather than adjust at dinner I just had my 5 ounces of chicken at dinner too. It made me realize how conscious I need to be about every thing I put in my mouth and how you cannot cheat on this diet! I really hope that I'll have a big loss tomorrow as I was very good yesterday and will be today too.
That isn't a cheat. A "bit" of extra protein isn't going to make you can weight...its the carbs and sugars. Or water. Something else went wrong. Or you are cycling, or your hormones are doing something strange.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
I so remember these!!! Where did you get cinnamon oil? I haven't seen it in years.
I can get cinnamon oil at my pharmacy.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #27  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to share this cool site I have been playing with!
You take a full length pic of yourself and upload it then adjust the scale to reflect either weight loss or gain! Instant results! Too cool! (and a great motivator!)

www.weightmirror.com
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #28  

I ditto what swilk said about eating and hunger. The crazy hunger of "must eat right now, anything will do, just put something in my mouth" hunger is gone. Most days I could care less about eating until my stomach starts growling and I remember it has been 5-6 hours or I get a little dizzy (which is usually a cue for me to drink water, not eat). Point being....your body will start to talk to you instead of your brain.

Candies, cakes, cookies....anything sweet just isn't very attractive to me right now. Such a totally crazy foreign feeling for me.

Tonight was another "eating because I have to" night. Also a crazy foreign feeling...I was taught to eat when hungry, stop when full. Oh, that's another thing....I cannot say I have a "full" feeling either. I eat when I am supposed to, eat everything allowed, then I am done. None of this "so full I need a nap" stuff. Just content.

I think showgirlaz called this "in the pocket". Where is she by the way?
Old 02-01-2010, 09:01 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Just wanted to share this cool site I have been playing with!
You take a full length pic of yourself and upload it then adjust the scale to reflect either weight loss or gain! Instant results! Too cool! (and a great motivator!)

www.weightmirror.com

This is great! Totally made me feel better I think it is the picture I choose, but even with a 40lb loss (playing with numbers) I pretty much look the same. Maybe it is the fact that it is the same pic, same hair, clothes, etc...just smaller?
Whatever it is....that helped put this whole journey into perspective. THANKS!

I have been wanting to see drastic changes...like suddenly my clothes just won't stay on and can wear everything in my closet, legs that don't have saddlebags, hips without handles, face with one chin, sitting without a roll on my stomach....some realistic, some not so much. I have to keep remembering that I am changing the size of my body and how I process food....not replacing my body with someone elses!

I am going to keep this site and refer to it when I am feeling down.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Cinnamon toothpicks?

http://www.amazon.com/Taste-T-Picks-.../dp/B0007OPW5C

or

http://candy-crate.stores.yahoo.net/xtcipixchst.html (yes, sugar free)

or, make then yourself...

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis...namon-oil.html

I think I might check the candy store here since it seems to be a "candy thing"...of course checking for sugar free. I could get used to this!

I bet you could make peppermint toothpicks too with peppermint oil eh?

Feeling creative suddenly!
Closed Thread