Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #16  

I am still losing weight. just over 20 pounds so far (need to fix my siggy thingy)

I am having unexplained consistant nausea all day, for about the last 4 days now. The preggy test was negative so I don't know what is causing it.

Any ideas??
loofah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 05:00 PM   #17  

Hi everyone..it finally warmed up here..will be glad when winters over.. im longing for spring and my roses ..loofah..i sometimes get nauseated when i dont space my meals closer together or eat enuff..maybe you need to have 6 smaller meals aday than the 3 we all usually have..that feeling usually comes when ive skipped a meal..hope this helps some.. ..had to go to curves 2 days in a row this week as the grdd didnt have school mon.. and we didnt have a sitter..boy am i sore.. so happy i dont have to go any where today..im working on a scarf..one of those long fuzzy boa types that everyones wearing now..most of them are knitted but i only crochet so this is my own pattern.. its kinda fun..someone noticed my progress at curves yesterday.. i sure like that kind of attention ..hope you all have agreat day ((((((((hugs)))))))) rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:23 PM   #18  

Cool

CA Deb - welcome to our thread. Sorry about your health problems. But it looks like you might get off with a warning in being told you're pre-diabetic. Exercise is a good place to start. I am familiar with Glucerna and have gotten some of their snack bars although I find them a little too sweet. I'll check out the website for their program. I have sleep apnea, too. Do you use a CPAP? I have one but use it with only limited success. I wish I could get a good night's sleep. That's one of the problems with my exercising and sticking to a diet, I'm always so tired. Anyway, again, welcome to our thread and we look forward to seeing your posts.

Loofah - good work on the 20 lbs! About the nausea, I sometimes get it and find that eating a little something helps. If you keep getting it and can find no ready explanation you probably should see a doctor.

Rosey - You're making me want to crochet again! What kind of yarn do you use? Two days in a row at Curves? groan - but great that your progress is noticed! keep it up.

Deb (LA) - How ya doing?
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:30 PM   #19  

Sorry I have not been more reliable lately. But work is always busy, and I'm trying to get everything ready for the baby shower for DIL. I forgot how much work this could be. But I have been able to make the last couple of days OP. And it felt good not to beat myself up before falling asleep.

Loofah 20 pounds is GREAT. sorry I'm really no help with the nausea. I could use a little of that in my life.

Rosey hit the tub for a long soak, you deserve it.

Rosetta how did you find the snack bars helped with the weight loss. Sometimes I get a real sweet tooth and could use a good alternative.

Deb
2round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:56 PM   #20  

Cool

Hi Deb - don't work yourself into a tizzy. Glucerna bars come in two sizes - snack and meal replacement. I got the snack size and used them instead of an apple once in awhile. They have more calories than a piece of fruit but just work the calories into your daily calculations. If you want sweet, they are really sweet. I'm going to try to pull myself together this weekend and get back OP.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #21  

Post greetings

well i think i am finally getting rid of this stuff i've had it has been 9 days and i am sick of it. i do seem to be getting back op.

we are having a major snowstorm. will probably have to work as i live in town.

l
loofah and h fantastick on the lbs. gone

rosey good going on the exercise. i need a kick there!

hi deb and rosetta. the bars are good too good to me. the stop my weight lose.

welcome california deb.

pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #22  
California Girl

Thanks for the warm welcome! Loofah--make sure your blood sugar isn't dropping too low on whatever plan your on--nausea is a sure sign of hypoglycemia.

I like the Glucerna Shakes better than the meal bars---except for the chocolate chunk (mmmm) Fell off the wagon last night after a very LOUSY day at work. But I have managed to stay away from the sugar for the last week--which is pretty darn good for me.

Stay warm all you easterners!
Ca Deb
Ksherkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:05 AM   #23  

Good Morning Well I can see everyone is hanging in there dispite all of our everyday trials. My weekend was soso. Stayed OP for the most part. Hubby worked all weekend, And it was very cold so I vegged out and watched movies all weekend. I did manage to weigh and only gained 6 pounds over the holidays. I'm sure it could have been much worse so I'll be happy for that and carry on from here.

Cal Deb glad to have you here. We are all struggleing but you'll find alot of support in our little group.

Pat glad your feeling better. This has been just an aweful winter. Stay warm.

Rosetta I may try a few of the snack bars but don't want to get to used to haveing them. I'm afraid I could lose control and take it a bit too far.
Wishing everyone a good day.
Deb
Old 01-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #24  

Cool

Hi, all. Good to hear from you Pat. Sorry you've been sick (that is what you meant?). Hope you don't get snowed in for too long. Brrrr.
CA Deb - I haven't tried the shakes, just the bars. I like Slim Fast Shakes. Good for you in staying away from sugar! I wish I could say the same.
Deb - I weighed in, too. Funny, it only showed a lb gain, but my weigh-ins are unreliable because I weigh more that the scale's limit. However, it just starts round from 1 and I add that on to the limit to get my number. I checked it against the doctor's scale and it was pretty close. Well, I'm going to pretend it's right and leave my tracker alone for now. I brought my lunch for the week but I was so cold at the office today that i went out and bought soup, which came with bread and butter, so I'm not quite OP, but will try again tomorrow. Stay warm everybody.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #25  

Hi guys! It's been a long while since I've posted in this section, or any other section for that matter. I was bad over the holidays, and gained back about 10 pounds. Sooo bad. And so frustrating to back slide like that after a good solid loss. Oh well, I've been good since the 1st of January.

So, I'm back on track with my eating, and back on track with my exercise. That really seems to make a difference for me. So hopefully the pounds will go soon. It just seems to take soooo long! But, come back sooo quick when I don't watch it.

So, what meds are you guys on, if any? Anyone had any luck with Glucophage and losing weight? What kind of carb count do you guys try and stay within?
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #26  

Post hello

YAHOO !! it's in the 30's today and the sun is shining and i am op so far today'sounds like our weather is good thru the weekend. i work of course.

how's everybody doing?

LOVE2C i have to stay under 30 carbs to loose. sounds so simple huh??
rosetta soup was good don't beat yourself up on the bread.
rosey how are curves going? what are you crafting now?
deb it is so hard to get back op but we can do it. my dh has to stop sabatoging me with muffins

hi everyone else. gotta go. our neighbor just had a baby boy and want to go see him.

pat
Old 01-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #27  

Cool

Hi, Pat. Tell dh you no longer like muffins and would really love a bunch of carrots instead. Heh, heh. The bread & butter yesterday was just the start. There was the burrito last night. Today I couldn't eat in the office because someone was using the room I usually eat in, so instead of eating my low cal tuna salad I went out for a burger and onion rings. Will try again tomorrow.

Love2c - nice to hear from you. I take Glucophage, but I'm also taking Actos and Glucotrol, both of which make it harder to lose weight. I don't think Glucophage actually causes you to lose weight by itself but unlike the other diabetes medication, it doesn't make you put on weight. In other words, it's much easier to diet and lose weight if you're on Glucophage alone. I was considering going off the Glucophage, but since I haven't been OP I'm afraid my sugars will go up too high.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:54 AM   #28  

Good morning all Well I'm fighting to stay OP but have managed to lose 2 of those 6 pounds gained over the holidays. The scale is just not wanting to budge much.
Call from DIL says there maybe some complications with the baby and their considering takeing him early. She seems to be handleing the news quite well, can't say so much for myself. But I'm keeping all fingers crossed and if I drop off the radar screen for a few days I'm in Texas.

Rosetta Get a grip. I know you can do better, we were on such a roll before Xmas. If your like me the weather just seems to give me the Blahs. But a walk in the sun if there is any is a great pick-me-up.

Pat you and Rosey are the only 2 girls I know to be happy about 30 degrees

Love2c glad your here the more the merrier. Your exactly 100 pounds lighter than myself. Hope I can see that number one day.

A big HI too everyone else and hope your having a OP day.
Deb
Old 01-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #29  

Hi All!

I was bad last night, but it was a scheduled bad. Pizza and cheesecake. I've decided that once a month is good for a scheduled splurge is okay, and then I don't get down on myself for it. So, today, I'm back OP. Wahooo!

Hope you all have a lovely day!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #30  

Post hi

love2c that is a good idea about a schedualed bad once a month. think i will try that. my trouble is i am op for a couple of days and think i have been so good i have a treat and a treat and a treat!!
it is colder today but SUNNY!!
deb hope everything goes well for dil. babies are such a mircle
rosetta we CAN do it!!
hi to everyone.
pat