Old 06-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #286  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I've been so busy Wii Walking that I haven't had time to check in. Toy Story was great yesterday. My DH really did make chocolate covered bacon. Of course I tried a bite. Not a whole piece, I don't think I could eat that! And luckily chocolate covered bacon is NOT appealing to me. It's complete overkill. And I made cupcakes for my dad. I haven't had a cupcake, and I think that's a major victory!

Terapet, Italian can be really difficult. Hard to find a good salad at some Italian restuarants!

Rochester, half a pound is like losing 2 sticks of butter. If you lose half a pound a week for a year, you'll be at your goal. That's not too shabby when you think about how much longer after that you can STAY at goal. (Unless you're 80 years old, in which case I appologize.)
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #287  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Goodness, I can never be away for a day or two and not come back to a bunch of new and exciting posts!

Rochester, congrats on finishing week 2 of C25K! So exciting! I'll be finishing it tonight or tomorrow.

Terapet, I would have a rediculously hard time even *trying* to behave at an italian restaraunt. Italian is my absolute favorite! Don't think of yourself as the wet blanket - You're doing what you need to do to get where you want to be. There's nothing wrong with that!

fcmonroe, you made cupcakes... And didn't eat one!?!? That's awesome!!! Great job on your part, for sure! And I love how you put weight loss into terms of sticks of butter... Sometimes it's easy to forget how much we're actually getting rid of!

As for me, I weighed 246 yesterday, which is SO exciting! I have no idea about today though, because I wasn't at home when I got up... I probably don't want to know though. Yesterday was a complete and total calorie party, I'm sure. There was pizza involved. And lots of alcohol. I don't feel too bad though... I had a great time with my friends, and today is a new day. Sort of. Still haven't been great with food, but working back into the swing of things!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Rochester- my scale should be up too i didn't do so good last week... lets give it our best this week

Terapet- banana cake with fudge frosting sounds good i wish i knew how to bake cake from scratch i only have tried chocolate chip cookies from scratch and i ended up eating all of it lol oh my first batch of cookies came out burnt though haha

fcmonroe- ewww chocolate covered bacon thank god you only took a bite lol that just sounds horrible oh and i baked cupcakes for my father as well! i had one while it was still warm

ninepaw-i didn't really care what i ate this week cause i just had an exam and i was like wooo party but now i kind of regret eating so much lol as long as we had fun right? lol time to start a new day tomorrow

Last edited by cheerios; 06-21-2010 at 01:59 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!

ninepaw - sounds like you are doing great! How does the running feel? Are you getting used to it?

fc - choc-covered bacon would be one of those things I wouldn't mind skipping! I'm very impressed with your cupcake restraint though!

rochester - a half pound is still a good result and you're probably getting ready for a whoosh this week. Sounds like you did really well at the yard sales - how fun to have new clothes!

Things are pretty good here - a busy weekend with my niece sleeping over and celebrating fathers day with my dad. It's going to be super hot this week so I'll have to get up really early to fit in my runs. Tonight after work I may have to (reluctantly) get on the treadmill inside if it hasn't cooled down at all.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Still on plan but my weight keeps bouncing up and down around the same number. I am more than ready for a new number! Today was step class and I tried to keep my calories on the low side after yesterday's Father's Day goodies.

dancer-Sorry to hear the heat is messing with your running routine. Good for you for sticking to your plan even if it means the treadmill.

ninepaw-Sounds like a fun weekend. Congrats on the 246!

cheerios-That was a funny cookie story. I have to stay away from baking cookies for the time being. I find chocolate chip cookies irresistible.

fc-yeah for staying away the cupcake!

Rochester- Four inches from your waist. That is terrific!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone!

I have gotta go back and get caught up on all the news and posts, but I just wanted to let you all know that I didn't fall off the face of the earth.

On a bad note, I did weigh in at 271.2 today. This is an all time high for me! I realised that I'm only 28.8 pounds away from 300 pounds. That makes me so sad....AND ANGRY!

I am always ALWAYS putting off dieting for another day. Well, it stopped today! Enough is enough. I'm sick and tired of this. What makes me so freakin' mad about it is that if I would just eat around 1500 calories a day and workout 4 - 5 times a week for 30 - 45 minutes the weight would come off. It would just fall off BUT in the 6 months I have wasted (roughly 25 weeks so far) of this year I could have lost 25-50 pounds and weigh 244 - 219 pounds if I would have lost 1 - 2 pounds a week. AND eating 1500 calories a day is really alot of calories. It is plenty.

I don't understand why I keep living this way if I'm so truely unhappy! UGH! No more...I'm DONE!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #292  

Hi Melissa-Glad to see you back here. Sounds like you are raring to go this week. Cool. I think you are being kinda hard on yourself. Have you considered starting with a less demanding plan? I started at an average of 2000 calories a day and lost the recommended two pounds in a week. Each week I lowered it by another 100 calories and still have about the same 2 pound weight loss each week. Now I am at 1500 calories but that was after a month of gradual adjustment. I would concentrate on the eating first and then add the exercise routine. You have your house, the yard and your daughter, all of which are great ways to get in the exercise. No need to be angry with yourself. It's a new day. You can do this.

The scale was actually down today. Hopefully it won't go back up again. I wore my new suit to my interview today. Pants are still intact! Actually it fits very well this week. I bought a new shirt yesterday to wear with it and the clerk insisted I needed a size 10! How about that. The interview went well although I don't feel it is going to lead to an offer. I think they already have someone else in mind because they did not ask me many questions, but I was proud of myself for not falling apart and for making every effort to find ways to sell myself. That felt good. The interview meant I missed my exercise class so I will probably check the Y schedule and try something new tonight or jog on the treadmill.

Hope you all have a great on plan day!

Last edited by TERAPET; 06-23-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:30 PM   #293  
Diana Kay

Hi Melissa! At this point, it's not going to do much good to dwell on what you *could* have done if you'd gotten on track sooner. Just dust yourself off and jump into whatever you feel is right for you! Better late than never, right??

Terapet, congrats on the interview and the scale movement! Even if the interview doesn't come out to anything, at least you went and you felt good about it. I definitely think you should try something new - New classes are always a fun and interesting experiment!

As for me, I'm doing alright! Kicking myself a little over yesterday, though! I'd wanted to up my exercise this week - C25K MWF, Yoga M-Th, then on top of those things that I'd already been doing, I'd wanted to go to the gym T Th Sat.... But yesterday I didn't even get to Yoga, let alone the gym! I don't feel TOO bad, because I spent all day hanging out with my mom and I hadn't seen her in a couple of weeks, but yesterday i weighed in at 245, which was super exciting since that was my first mini goal... But I couldn't count it because it wasn't Wednesday(And that's important to me!) And I was back up a pound today. So another week rolls on. At least I did get to move the tickers down a pound still... Just the one for my mini goal is taunting me with only one more pounds before I can change it to my next one!!!

Back on track today with Yoga and C25K W3D2. Watch the scale be back where I want it to be tomorrow! If that happens and it stays consistent a few days I may just go with it and break my own rules... I wanna be on my next mini goal, darnit!!!

Oh, and I realized that as of two days ago, I hit the two month mark of my journey! 20 pounds in two months is AWESOME, if I do say so myself. Now if only I could keep this momentum going...

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-23-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:12 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
I started at an average of 2000 calories a day and lost the recommended two pounds in a week. Each week I lowered it by another 100 calories and still have about the same 2 pound weight loss each week. Now I am at 1500 calories but that was after a month of gradual adjustment. I would concentrate on the eating first and then add the exercise routine.

The interview went well although I don't feel it is going to lead to an offer. I think they already have someone else in mind because they did not ask me many questions
First of all thanks so much for the advice. I may actually try that for a few weeks and see how it goes. Right now I'm doing well for the day, but OMG I am starvin' like Marvin'!!!!! I could eat a COW right now ha ha! I started the day off with a very calorie dense breakfast, and I knew I shouldn't have.

Secondly - About the interview...I hate it when they do that. I mean if you have someone else in mind just hire them and don't waste my time!

I had a
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

mck - glad you're back in the game! I've spent a lot of time on those past-oriented thoughts but they don't seem to help me much. It's what you do now and each day that follows that matters, right? I just ordered a book from Amazon called the Four Day Win by Martha Beck (who you might know from her column in Oprah mag). One of her many ideas is apparently that you take things in manageable 4-day increments and reward yourself after each one. Would an approach like that potentially be helpful? I'm going to start experimenting along those lines and will fill you guys in if the book has other interesting suggestions.

terapet - congrats on the skinny suit and hope the interview has some good results.

ninepaw - 20lbs so quickly is amazing!!! You'll be marking that mini-goal completed in no time.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #296  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

WB Melissa! As everyone has said, don't be too hard on yourself. What matters is not what could have been, but what can be!

Terapet - Hope you hear good news about the interview.

Diana - 20 pounds!?! That's fantastic!

I've had a frustrating week. Nothing major, just a lot of little annoyances.

My office is so freakin' cold I've been wearing a winter coat! I guess it's just me, though, because my secretary is actually complaining that she's hot. I've always had a tendency to be colder than other people, but not to this extreme!

My running buddies have both taken the week off. One is having some knee problems and is resting at doctor's orders. The other is having emotional 'I can't do this' issues. So I'm doing C25K alone, which is difficult after becoming accustomed to company.

My appetite is wacked. I'm either totally not hungry to the point that food is rather repulsive, or I'm ravenous and want to eat a whole . Argh.

I planned to go the state park this evening to chill out and swim in the lake. I could not find my swim suit, and after hunting high and low, I found it. Still wet and in the plastic bag from when I went to the SCA event a week and a half ago. It's moldy...ewww. So no swim.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #297  

Sorry Ladies but no eating of cute little allowed.

Rochester-Awful news about the running partners. Hope they join you again soon.

Melissa-thanks for commiserating about the interview but it was really okay. I really needed the practice. I was so afraid going in but it turned out to be not so bad. It was such a relief and next time I don't think I will be quite so freaked out. Good for you for holding down the calories today. I like yogurt with granola when I am hungry in the morning. Little high in calories but not outrageous and very filling. (I always measure the granola because of the high calories). I used to also eat Honey Nut Cheerios (yummmm-another thing I would measure) but I don't eat as much sugar as I used to but I had to work my way here.

dancer-I want to hear about your new plan. Fun!

ninepaw-wow, week 3 of C25K-good for you
Old 06-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #298  
Diana Kay

Hey guys! What is everyone up to? We've slowed down the chattiness a bit! How sad...

I'm doing pretty well! Didn't run yesterday like I meant to, but I got up today and did it in the morning, so I feel fine about that. Made a couple of less than stellar food decisions yesterday(Pizza for lunch, pasta for dinner!?!?), but today has been totally normal, so it's just ot worth it for me to spazz over nothing!

At this point, just watching and waiting for numbers to go down.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #299  

ninepaw- I am always here. I am a crazy fanatic to lose weight right now so I come on here all the time. I feel silly with two posts in a row though so I wait for someone else to post before I add.

Finally the number on the scale dropped today. I have been near the same number for too long and it was just starting to get to me. I went hog wild yesterday afternoon and ate some baked bbq potato chips.

I tried on swimming suits yesterday since they are on sale. I thought I found something and even brought it home. However, when I tried it on again, I realized the shelf bra part of the tankini top was way too big for me and there were ridiculous creases in the cups showing under the fabric where there are suppose to be beautiful curves! Guess I can only hope when I lose enough to wear a smaller size top, the bra will be a little closer to my size.

Last edited by TERAPET; 06-25-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #300  
Diana Kay

I'm more or less always here too, Terapet! So I totally feel ya! Woohoo for the scale moving!!!

Mine moved this morning also, back down to 245... Now I just want it to STAY there!!! Well. Or move lower. Lower is totally okay with me, too! Like that comes as any surprise to anyone!!!