Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 203 / 196.5 / 191 (for now)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGyrl View Post
Sounds like "Atkins Flu'. Be sure you are drinking plenty of water. You also need salt. Have you heard of Bone Broth? Its great for Atkins Flu and for just feeling great in general

I am planning on making some tomorrow. I usually have some frozen, but have run out - my go to when I'm sick didnt even think of it for this! Thank you for the reminder!
LOTS of H2O! Check!
I did pretty good today, still not as low as I want to be on my carbs, but getting there
Old 01-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #47  
Enjoying the journey

S/C/G: 225/192/170

Height: 5-5.5

Welcome Christina and welcome to Onederland!! I'm a carbaholic too!! I think many of us are in the same boat!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 175

Welcome everyone!
2 bad days of eating more carbs than I should, with TOM here.
Back on it. Like Lulu once said, it is a journey……
A more detailed check in tomorrow with better news about food choices.

Last edited by healthyin2015; 01-10-2015 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:43 PM   #49  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi all, have not been on the forum for a couple of years while I was busy binging on carbs and gaining weight. I am back and started induction on Jan 1.

I have stayed around 20 net carbs a day (give or take a one carb) and have lost 9 lbs since Jan 1. I have been able to stabilize my blood sugar already and my intestinal issues and stomach issues are gone. (which were probably caused by wheat, gluten and sugar)

I am limiting my use of atkins products and sugar alcohol products to 2 atkins products a day max with only one of those having sugar alcohols. Some days I am only having one product.

I expect my weight loss to be slow but steady now that I am out of the massive water loss phase of induction. I have never been a super quick loser and as long as my weight loss is steady and I maintain the health benefits of getting off the carbs, I will be satisfied.

Thanks for being here.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 215.5/203/135

Height: 5'4

This sounds like a great idea !!!
I am so excited to finally be doing this ! So happy also, to find a site that has a lot of activity....That is super important for me to reach my goals!!!
I look forward to meeting/supporting others on here
Don't look back....just look forward and keep on swimming
Old 01-12-2015, 06:20 AM   #51  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstracted View Post
I'm down another .4 to 22.2. 6 days 100% OP and may try something new for Day 7.
YAY!!small victories lead to bigger ones!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
Hi all, have not been on the forum for a couple of years while I was busy binging on carbs and gaining weight. I am back and started induction on Jan 1.
I have stayed around 20 net carbs a day (give or take a one carb) and have lost 9 lbs since Jan 1. I have been able to stabilize my blood sugar already and my intestinal issues and stomach issues are gone. (which were probably caused by wheat, gluten and sugar)
Thanks for being here.
I am in the same situation, after this first week of not having wheat and gluten and sugar, I have noticed a dramatic difference in my bloating and generally how my insides feel, and this past year for some particular reason my gluten/wheat/sugar reactions have become more noticable and apparent/severe. Glad you found your way back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana88daisy View Post
This sounds like a great idea !!!
I am so excited to finally be doing this ! So happy also, to find a site that has a lot of activity....That is super important for me to reach my goals!!!
I look forward to meeting/supporting others on here
Don't look back....just look forward and keep on swimming
WELCOME!!!

Scale said 198.5 so I am slowly creeping downward, I went to a 50th birthday party at a bowling alley yesterday and limited myself to non-breaded chicken wings, ranch and celery - then came home and prepared a salad. There wasn't any cake so I wasn't tempted in that area. Unsweetened iced tea. I did notice I could smell the liquor and wine being served, like my sense of smell is heightened. *weird*
Back to school today - I have 5 more months!! Orientation and an Overview of a particular Ventilator today, not super exciting but glad to be off this break I've had for almost 4 weeks. I am not working while in school, we are making it, but I will be so glad when I can get in there and start working and putting this knowledge to use and helping people .
Anyway - water today/Low carbs/good veggies is the plan for today
Old 01-12-2015, 08:55 AM   #52  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinmom View Post
which group are you associated with on Facebook,, jerseygirl,, seems like you've been here a long time and still going strong. You make a good example to follow with this weight loss struggle.. thank you and others for your continued support... I need it !!!!
Hi Carvinmom, I am an admin on "Atkins Diet Support Group" on Facebook. This group strictly follows Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002. It is no nonsense and very hard core. Some may find it harsh but, after initial complaints, many learn if they want to be successful, hard core is what works. We are not enablers. If you "mess up", own it and get back on track.

There are 6 active admin in the group. We are all long-term Atkins followers. I personally have been doing Atkins almost 11 years.

If you think this is something you'd be interested in, let me know and I can add you to the group.

Have a great day!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 01-12-2015 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #53  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post

I am limiting my use of atkins products and sugar alcohol products to 2 atkins products a day max with only one of those having sugar alcohols. Some days I am only having one product.
You may find this particularly helpful
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

Old 01-14-2015, 12:21 PM   #54  

Good Cold Morning from VA!!!
Woke up this morning to a mix of ice and snow on the ground....
luckily I did not have to go into rotations today.
I will tomorrow so I am hoping for this mess to clear up.

196.5 this morning this makes me happy.

So there is some scale movement.
My weight was 203 - 201 the morning I came here

I do feel much better - like my gut doesn't feel like I'm going to blow up, and my attention has been improved.

It is a challenge but I'm sure I will adapt and realize the benefits the longer my journey is. And it will slowly just become who I am and the way I eat.

But I must ask: is there anything that is a snack that takes away the "sweet" craving you get after meals? It nags and I don't want to give into anything "sweet" per se', but I would like to know if there is something that would take away the twinge or satisfy it.
(not asking for a miracle just what may have worked for you)
Thanks so much!!!
Old 01-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #55  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmc23793 View Post

It is a challenge but I'm sure I will adapt and realize the benefits the longer my journey is. And it will slowly just become who I am and the way I eat.

But I must ask: is there anything that is a snack that takes away the "sweet" craving you get after meals? It nags and I don't want to give into anything "sweet" per se', but I would like to know if there is something that would take away the twinge or satisfy it.
(not asking for a miracle just what may have worked for you)
Thanks so much!!!
When those sweet cravings hit, the best thing to take them away....believe it or not....FAT!!! Eat fat....bacon, deviled eggs, half a small avocado, olives. It really helps kill those nagging cravings.
Old 01-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #56  

Quote:
When those sweet cravings hit, the best thing to take them away....believe it or not....FAT!!! Eat fat....bacon, deviled eggs, half a small avocado, olives. It really helps kill those nagging cravings.
Alrighty then! Bring on the bacon!! lol....
I appreciate the tip You are awesome
Old 01-16-2015, 03:05 PM   #57  

Hello everybody!
Sorry for being gone for a while. Crazy busy with work and some unexpected medical concerns.
I have been eating on plan, TOM is gone. I haven't exercised though.
Trying to follow through and get back to exercising as well.
I am so proud of you all and so happy to hear that you are doing so well.
cmc23793
Amazing job sticking with it and staying motivated!
JerseyGyrl
Great advice and tips, as always. You know, the heck with nuts and extra cheese, Induction must be followed to the T to get the most benefits. Once out of Induction, then there is a little more wiggle room.
You know, there must be a direct correlation between carbs and addiction, seriously!!!! The day I stop eating them, my head is killing me, the most terrible migraine type of pain which is just my body going through withdrawals, I think. I have never done drugs, never smoked once in my life and have never gotten drunk either or been addicted to any of the above but this is what I imagine that a human body reacts to addiction and giving carbs up. What do you think? You know EVERYTHING!!!!!
dana88daisy
Welcome and hope your week was a good one!
Today's foods: black cofee, boiled eggs, pork sausage
Salad with chicken, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper
Sautéed verges (in olive oil), more meat (not sure what yet: chicken or fish)
Water
NO cheese!
Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 01-17-2015, 06:06 PM   #58  

Happy to share that I had another good day yesterday staying on plan.
We went out to dinner last night and I had a salad with grilled chicken, no dressing, olive oil and salt and pepper on the side, water with lemon, no croutons or cheese.
Today I am doing great: I had coffee, leftover grilled chicken.
Will snack on veggie sticks and boiled eggs.
Dinner will be more veggies and pork chop.
Feeling good and hope that you are all doing well and enjoying the weekend!
Hope to hear how you are all doing soon!
Wishing you only the best, will power and determination.

Last edited by healthyin2015; 01-17-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #59  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Hi Carvinmom, I am an admin on "Atkins Diet Support Group" on Facebook. This group strictly follows Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002. It is no nonsense and very hard core. Some may find it harsh but, after initial complaints, many learn if they want to be successful, hard core is what works. We are not enablers. If you "mess up", own it and get back on track.

There are 6 active admin in the group. We are all long-term Atkins followers. I personally have been doing Atkins almost 11 years.

If you think this is something you'd be interested in, let me know and I can add you to the group.

Have a great day!
Jersey,,, thanks for info on Atkins support group that you belong to. . For now I think I will stay here. Then later on when I've gotten the hang of it I will join.I can't take on any more things to keep track of.. My mind is so forgetful. please put me on hold for now@@@ thanks for the offer..
I had a difficult week to say the least. my rash ended up being allergic to my new meds..doing better today.. On track and road bike inside of course. Break in the weather so I managed to get out for groceries..looking forward to trying out some good low carb soups...share please if you have a good recipe.
Okay ,,,, I know" more water" Good luck this week!!
Old 01-18-2015, 01:00 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'8

Hi all, I am back. I haven't been on this site for a while now. I will try and start posting my menu tomorrow. I will appreciate any comments on changes I need to make. I have been on induction now for a week and I gained a pound so I am needing to change something. Not sure what.....
Closed Thread