Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 09:54 AM   #226  

Hey! Poking my head in to say hello.....

I have not been doing well the past couple days - the autumn pollen is exploding here and I have raccoon eyes

All 3 of us are loaded up on Claritin and feel kinda drowsy

To top that off, I ate twice the normal portion of my nightly snack last night, along with a regular latte - many more carbs than normal and I woke up in the middle of the night with bad heartburn - I guess that should teach me something!

We did promise our daughter we would take her to the annual fall festival which is during the day today followed by Greek dancing and a Greek dinner tonight - AND it is supposed to get up to 85 degrees here today!

So after I logoff, it's off to shower, change into summer clothes - again! and get the water bottles ready

I have a question for y'all that I posted over on the tips thread......

do you use a bathroom scale that you find is accurate? Last month I bought a new one - kinda expensive at $130 and it gives me several different weight results if I get on it several different times all within the span of a few minutes!!!

It's called Intelligentsource or something like that - for the life of me, I can't remember the name because it is unusual, but it was recommended in a few different exercise mags.

Looks like I may end up returning it and trying a different brand.

I think Sojo likes her Tanita ....... any others?

This is frustrating. I try not to be a scale slave, but I at least like to see some change to motivate me to keep going.

My new woman friend has called for another date, so that's nice.

Have a great day all - love, terrigrrrl
Old 10-05-2002, 11:07 AM   #227  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey Terrigrrl,
Thats great that things are workingout for you and your new friend. If nothing else comes of it you will have at least made a friend, and we can never have too many "good" friends, but as I am sure you already know , take it easy. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with your allergies. I find the spring the worst time for me, when the rageweed and wild mustard starts to come up, that kills me. Fall is not bad. As for scales, they drive me crazy> I go to TOPS and they say one thing, I get on my own, another reading and then the gym is different again. so I am definitely no help to you there.
I am sure my weight is up this morning as I went to October Beer Fest last night and consumed mass quanity of LITE beer. It is 12:09 right now and so far all I have had is a French Vanilla capicinno. Not sure about food just yet. Mostly tired, did not get home until after 2am. It was a great time though. I did not have a fat filled sausage however, so I may be alright.
Soozie, I am glad business is picking up for you. I do not have my own business but I sure do understand about trying to make ends meet. I am not getting many hours at work right now, and am struggling to pay the bills, but my bosses asure me things willget better. I sure hope their right. I am a daycare worker and there is a shortage of work in my area right now, so people can not afford to put their children in daycare. But we have a couple of business opening up and one of two expanding so I am pretty sure things will pick up.
ANyway enough rambling on about my pathetic life! As for the rest of you fine ladies, love you all and have a great weekend.
Virginia
Old 10-05-2002, 09:31 PM   #228  
a work in progress...

At least it was LITE beer!
Was it a "lite" hangover?
Old 10-06-2002, 10:58 AM   #229  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

Lite to Moderate Katrinabgood,
More tired then anything! But today I feel as good as new, so I really have to get my duff to the gym today as I have not been in three days and I fear my weight will show it Tuesday night at TOPS> Oh well, I guess it is not too bad, I have lost every week so far, so one week of a little gain will not be unbearable, just have to climb back on the horse so to speak.
Virginia
Old 10-06-2002, 11:43 AM   #230  

Well Virginia,

I say that if you had a good time, then a hangover is worth it!

I love Octoberfest

I know what you mean about the friendship thing.....friendship always lasts longer.. and weighs more in value.

The attraction is there, we have things in common, we seem to enjoy each other's company.......but, I can just tell that there's no "click" - hard to explain what a click is, but I'm sure you know what I mean. We lead 2 very different lifestyles - I am the barefoot, casual, laid back ,working mom trying to have a little fun lifestyle - and she is more of a society type - wealthy, holds positions in different organizations, is taken care of, that sort of thing. Only time will tell, I just take it all one day at a time.

I hope things get better for you at work. I am on salary, but we have been having rolling layoffs all year - so the morale is down.

Kat - congrats on staying OP!! I know how hard that can be !

I do have a question though it is always katrinabgood ? or is is sometimes katrinabbad?

have a fun day - I'm hopped up on antihistamines, what do I know?

terrigrrrl
Old 10-06-2002, 12:10 PM   #231  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

I interpret "katrinabgood" as a suggestion or a command. Like she is USUALLY bad, so someone is saying, "KATRINABGOOD!!"
Old 10-06-2002, 02:03 PM   #232  
a work in progress...

Bingo, den! You got it!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 08:10 PM   #233  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi chickies!

Just a quick post to say welcome to jinx!

I have never been to Octoberfest but have always wanted to go. DH and most of our friends are not beer drinkers (they all drink Rev or Smirnoff Ice) so I don't have anyone to go with

hmmm maybe I could have some people over for a Scotch tasting and call it "Scotchtoberfest"
Old 10-07-2002, 02:45 PM   #234  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Default Good Day Ladies

I can't believe I'm the first one to post today!
I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good for the most part.
Nothing new going on in my neck of the woods except that I lost another pound. So I've lost 5lbs so far!
I tell ya! What I really need is lipo and a tummy tuck! Not to mention a boob job too! That would solve alot for me. There's only one thing wrong. I can't win the lottery to pay for it! LOL
Tomorrow the Norfolk County Fair starts here in Simcoe Ontario Canada and it goes till next Monday. I'll be busy taking my dd and her friend all over the fair tomorrow so all that walking I'll be doing must account for some exercise!
Anyways...I'm off to make my tea and settle down to watch Dr. Phil on t.v.! I love that man! And I happen to find him extremely attractive! Must be the bald head! LOL
You ladies have a great day and I'll talk to you all later!
Old 10-07-2002, 03:34 PM   #235  

Height: 5'-2"

Congratulations 01812!!! You're doing great!
Old 10-07-2002, 09:27 PM   #236  
the kid's counting on me!

Don't get me started talking about boob jobs again! Mine were jumbo before I had my kid and nursed her for a year...now they require their own social security numbers.

Someday I'm going to do it...as I've said before it's not just size I'm concerned about...it's just like the real estate market, location, location, location...but, honestly, surgery is not an easy way to loose lbs...the cost, the risks, the recovery... Still, when I do loose some more weight and get in better physical shape, I plan to do it.

Don't want to do it before hand because I wouldn't like to have my belly extend beyond my boobies...whats the use of having nice firm perky ones if they're upstaged by a humongous gut? Well, actually, if any of you do have nice firm perky ones and a humongous gut just know that although I appear flip I really am jealous!

this is what my boobies do when I run......there ain't no jog bra that can tame these big boys....

Love, Soozie
Old 10-07-2002, 09:34 PM   #237  
a work in progress...

Old 10-07-2002, 10:26 PM   #238  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

SOOZIE!!!!! ME TOO!!!!! Last time I had a mammogram they had to use 2 plates on each breast 'cause they couldn't get 'em all with one!!! I lie down on my back and they are practically lying down next to me!!!! (WHAT A PLEASANT IMAGE!!!)
Old 10-08-2002, 06:25 AM   #239  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

YOu guys are too funny!
Virginia
Old 10-08-2002, 06:46 AM   #240  

Height: 5'-2"

You know, small-breasted young women should be reading this thread. When I was young (back in the olden days), I used to want to have big breasts. Biggest I ever got when I grew up was a 32 AA. (I just never grew out of those training bras) You were the girls in high school who used to look at my chest and snicker.

Now... well, they're not huge, but I'm justing hoping they're going to reduce some in size when I lose weight. I'll never be a 32 AA again, but it sure made jogging easy!

It's really bizarre... how about your mothers and sisters? My mother is a perfect 36 B, and my sister and I could never figure out why we were so... so.... insignificant.
I've got friends in similar situations... big mom/two daughters with no breasts.
Closed Thread