Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 245/241/140

Height: 5' 3"

My Kitchen curtains, after I painted but before everything was done.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpHAWhCgPM.jpg (28.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #167  

Curtains I made for kitchen door after I painted. Don't see the mess now!
Also, there's the box shelf I made to set my plants in. (Gotta have my son come and put the cables back up for the TV etc).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phprRWeYuPM.jpg (29.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg phpUd7jXSPM.jpg (18.9 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by A carbie; 10-21-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #168  

Dining Room ;

I'm going to bed now. Night all. Maybe more tomorrow. My baby will be 43 yrs old tomorrow morning. He's such a lovey too. .....
Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Carbie-- very nice! I love how you have just taken it over and decided that I will do it!! Love the planter box!! That looks so nice and I love plants! You have done a really great job!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

Last edited by Karen31; 10-21-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #170  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Carbie ~ glad you finally got the pictures to work. Enjoyed seeing them and your work. Great job ~ love the sunny yellow color of your kitchen and the the curtains came out beautifully. Love your plant shelf too. You are so talented.

Last edited by glynne; 10-21-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #171  

Dining Room ;

I'm going to bed now. Night all. Maybe more tomorrow. My baby will be 43 yrs old tomorrow morning. He's such a lovey too. .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpyv7GxLPM.jpg (28.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldies,
We had a really nice weekend with our fishing friends at their camp. We didn't catch many fish but the party barge riding was so relaxing. It was cool this weekend. I ate entirely too much rice and potatoes. Today I'm back on and fixing to jump on my mini trampoline. I was ready to come back to work believe it or not. Lol. Ds went elk hunting in Wyoming but didn't get anything. He said they walked up and down the mountains and it was full of snow and beautiful. I saw they are expecting snow Tuesday thru Friday and very cold temps. The high for Friday will be 29 and the low will be 14. Phew that's cold. Them ds bones are not used to those temps here in Louisiana. Lol. He has a week and a half left. Yay. We are planning a welcome home party at the camp and will invite family and friends. Should be lots of fun.

Carbi~ I like your home improvements.

Angela~lol on the tired of eating. NEVER happened to me before.

Rie~ I'm glad you have your family close by now. Nothing like it.

Mary~ glad you are feeling better. Congrats on the weight loss.

Gayle~I'm sure meo will enjoy the ride. I think it's a cool idea.

Karen fl~yay!!!!! You finally got the cold front. It's about time. I'm sure you enjoyed that very much. I know I do but the only problem is they only last for 2 days and it gets hot again. No Karen my son was hunting for elk. I had misunderstood him. They didn't get anything.

Karen31~ I went to the eagle nest video but didn't see anything in the nest. I will check back again though.

Bobbi~ good luck on your 1 day of dieting. We can do this!!!!!

Rosey~glad to hear Steve is doing well.

Going exercise now ttyl

Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

The eagle cam should be up permanently by the first of the month. They are still working on things to get it so much better than last year. Already when i have been on there the panning is wonderful! I caught Mom and Dad on there just once. Can't wait until it is operating 24 hours a day!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #174  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carbie...you finally got the pictures up and painting finished, good job. I read an article in the paper about the high schools wanting to put Home Economic back into the school systems. That's the only reason I learned to sew and have loved it since. I think my love of cooking also came from the early 60's because of this class.
How many of you Golden Girls had this class in high school?
1st day of my diet and I don't know what to eat. Tight wad me decided to do it on my own but might have to follow someone's suggestion of going to the first meeting to get all the information, then do it on my own. I spent an hour reading all about it, printing out all the information and food list will use lots of printer ink.
I think I'm talking myself into a meeting.
Drats!
Later gators.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #175  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

CARBIE -- Great Job.
Cajunlady165 -- today's workout paid dearly due to the side affect of EAT day.... I felt so heavy.

10.5 miles outside and crawled home.

Have a good day all!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #176  

Height: 5'3"

Carbie, I saw one of your posts after I posted last time. Tried to respond, hit the wrong key and lost it and didn't feel like typing it again. Sorry. But, yes I do have GERD according to my doctor. I take Nexium for it. My symptom doesn't really feel like heart burn ..it is just drawing feeling in the throat which gets very annoying after a while. The Nexium has really helped a lot. I do get heartburn (the regular feeling) now and then and more than I used to. I have a very large hernia again after having one fixed in 1994. I am wondering whether my back pain is related but not at all sure. I did not go into the doctor today. We are very busy right now and the pain is much less. I honestly don't think he can dx anything and I have meds. If things get worse, I'll go in of course, but I'm hoping I'll be ok for a little while at least. I have only been having these episodes with my back about 1-2 times a year. It suddenly comes on and then gradually goes away without any clue to what caused it. It was only this time that I have wondered about a possible connection to my hernia.

We are so busy right now. Will post more later when I have time.

Last edited by maryea; 10-22-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - I was again reading about the cost of the Weight Watchers meetings and I noticed that if you only go for one meeting, you have to pay a $20 registration fee plus a $13 meeting fee. I think they do that because they don't want people to come for one meeting just to get the supplies. If you sign up for a longer period of time they waive the $20 registration fee. If you go, check beforehand to be sure what you're going to be paying.

Did you find the food list online? I tried to find it but I was only able to find the old Points list, not the Points Plus List. This week is my last week but I don't think I'm going. I'm just going to do it on my own. The meetings just aren't all they're cracked up to be, for me.

Carbie - Your house look so nice! Warm and welcoming. I love the curtains. You are doing such a good job.

Maryea - Sorry to hear about your back problems. I used to get them but DH started giving me back rubs a couple times a week and now I don't have much pain. I'm a little stiff when I first get up in the morning but feel better once I start moving around. I also was diagnosed with a bad hiatal hernia but I don't have any symptoms. I used to get heart burn every day and I took Pepcid, but I don't get it anymore and don't take any meds. I have cut back on fatty foods and don't eat before bed. I have a chronic cough that they said was being caused by the hiatal hernia, but I took Nexium for 6 months and the cough didn't go away. I had to quit taking the Nexium because I got a stent and was put on Plavix. They don't mix. There was no change after I quit taking the Nexium. There is another med that is supposed to be stronger and more effective than Nexium, but my insurance wouldn't pay for it until I had taken and failed 2 other meds first.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls- I'm trying to get on my Ideal Protein plan 100%. I have to lose 18 lbs. Going into the bewitching hours. The late night snack. Just have to while knuckle it tonight. Hugs to all.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #179  
Bobbi

Good Morning everyone, we have two appointments today with health insurance people. One is Humana and can't remember the other one as DH set up the appointments.
Carol Sue...thanks for the warnings. I did lots of online searching, found you could join online for a dollar ($1.00), but then once you get into it, that's good on a 3 month sign up. I printed out a list of the point system plus a list of all the 0 point foods. I already don't like it. On ebay someone was selling the starter kit for .99 cents. I wasn't enticed to buy it. ?????? Just don't think it'll be a good fit for me. KarenMo said I was good at counting calories and I can lose that way, I'm just tired of it all.
Last night we had soup and I made some garlic dinner rolls to go with it. I had to make the decision of not eating any or all I want. You can guess what I did after DH kept smacking his lips and wondering how the rolls got so light and delicious.
DH is leaving next week for deer hunting in Northern Minnesota, it'll be a good time for me to stock up on diet types of food and eat the way I should. That should jump start me.
One visual aid that has always helped me is a graph for my frig. I need to make that today and put my starting weight on it.
That's a start anyway.
I woke at 5 this morning and started watching videos on my kindle, it was from Marie's page and lots of Husky videos. What fun.
later gators.
Speaking of Gators, K3...you asked about my myer lemon, I'm still mad about the critter that ran off with my only lemon. Next spring I'm going to put a chicken wire cage around it when I put it outside for the summer. Also put it in a place where the wind can't blow off most of the flowers.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #180  
Bobbi

Whats the ideal protein plan Dee?
Closed Thread