Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #1  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Sarge's No Excuses Boot Camp #9

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 66 lbs./29%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Sarge

SPREADSHEET LINK: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #2  
SARGE

Pledges 7/3-7/9

Courtney = 3 /// (+1.2)
Envelope = 1.5 /// (-2.8)
Anon = 2 /// (-.4)
Celrae = 1 /// (-.5)
K3 = 2 /// (-1.2)
Me1st = 1 (?)
RMC = 2 /// (-2.6)
Josey=2
Peanutt = 1.5
BNH = 2
MadamB = 1.8
Rated = 1.8
Pokey = 1
BudgetBaby = 3
Dreamer = 1
Munchey = 2
Kuri = 1
Chesh = 2
Dcap = 2 /// (-2.5)
Sarati = 1.5
Jeanettey = 3
Reso = 2
Diyana= 2
Serina = 2
Awaiting = 3
Tubak = 1.5

Newbie:
JoyfulV= 2
Flo= 2
spicy = 2

Maintainers:
Sarge
Yoyo
Kendra
Rainbow
Chick = Sick Bay

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 53.6

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1
Mya =
Iiane = 1

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 770 min.), Courtney ( 420 min.), Celrae ( 640 min), Jeanettey (new)

SOFTCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Rated ( 0 min.) vs. Rmc ( 595 min.)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-4), Diyana (-5.6)

Pokey (-3/49) vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (9.6) vs. Bnh (8.5) vs. Chesh (11) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x1) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Peanutt (Sick Bay vs. K3 (Did it!) = SHRED HEAD BATTLE 5 Days Week!

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

COMPLETED (3,049.97) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

(weekly miles / total accumulated miles)

Sarge (47.41 /429.63), X
Pokey (49 /165.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (14.9 / 41.9),
Reso (80 /517.3), X
Cheshire (35 / 142),
MadamB (64.8 /388.2),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 99),
Tmil (6)
Envelope (24.95 / 130.45) X
Courtney (9.41 / 45.21) X
Sarati (21.34 / 64.58)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 6 / 12 )
Rmc = (81.5 / 204)
Me1st = (7.91 / 10.91)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (9 / 16.68)
Munchey = (15 / 15)
Kuri = (16 / 16)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney Kris, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

Last edited by JayTee; 07-10-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #3  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

wow another thread already? Lets go for it!!! woot! we are a chatty bunch! btw my migraine is now gone *whew* YAY!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #4  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

ooohh hey. I have a challenge if anyone wants to accept it. How many days IN A ROW can you stay perfectly on plan? I started the 100 days 100% challenge a month or two ago and failed miserably. So I am wondering how long can I go? hmmm anyone wanna challenge me to see who can stay on plan longer?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm back from the treadmill now! Got in my 30 minutes and 1.5 miles added to my trek! I am at 4 hours (or 240 minutes) of exercise this week so far. I still have a LONG way to go to catch up to Pokey!

Still planning to mow the yard this evening. However, we got some most excellent news today! My father-in-law got the job that he applied for! So we're going out to dinner as a celebration. Where are we going? Beats me...and that's the scary part. I am going to push for Mexican so I can have fajitas (which aren't that bad for you compared to most other things on the menu). If it's daylight when we get home I want to go mow the grass too. Burn off that dinner!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Yes!! Count me in Sarge!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Geez, guys I can't keep up! I am gone for one night and I am already tons of posts behind.

We are a bit busy here with the Royals in town and the most important week of the year starting: Stampede! Next week will be tough on the diet but I plan on working the million pancake breakfasts into my plan. Yogurt for pre-breakfast, pancake breakfast and salad for lunch will be the plan :-) I will try to stay away from most of the crap I promise. BF and I already have a game plan and we will have a corn dog to share and maybe some popcorn but no more!

I also have a personal thing going on Thursday that requires a big celebration but I will be good I swear!!

A few personals (what I can remember... too many to keep track at the moment sorry):

@Irish Welcome to the crazy bunch!

@Anon I had to get groceries this morning because the weekend will be nuts. But I am going to run today at some point! Before midnight I promise ;-)

@Sarge Thanks for keeping it rolling with the thread. It is so easy when you can just follow the link at the last post. Thanks!

So, now I am going to watch the Stampede parade. I am not a huge Royals follower (apart from weddings, that's what you get when you grow up in Europe!) but I love to see them all decked out in Western gear! William looks great in a cowboy hat ;-)
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 302/264/155

Height: 5'5

What diet plans do you follow? I am scared that counting calories will be too hard. I signed up for myfitnesspal after I saw it somewhere on this site but I am not always home where I can put my calories in. A guy friend and his wife do South Beach and he told me I would really like it. He is giving me the book today. My brother gave me some wii games to try and see if I like them for exercise. That will be my exercise today. We got the wii fit this Christmas and I hated it. I can't walk in my neighborhood so I am trying to find something to do inside.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #9  
mya

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Hello, you guys. I'm new to 3FC and I'd like to join your platoon
I'll probably pledge to loose a couple of pounds next week, I'm very excited to kick that 2 out of my weight number
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #10  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
ooohh hey. I have a challenge if anyone wants to accept it. How many days IN A ROW can you stay perfectly on plan? I started the 100 days 100% challenge a month or two ago and failed miserably. So I am wondering how long can I go? hmmm anyone wanna challenge me to see who can stay on plan longer?
Hey Dreamer- I saw that a lot of people fell off the 100day thread. My problem is defining what exactly 'on plan' means. If it's sticking to my calorie count then I'm good with that. The idea of no cheat foods is too broad for me. From time to time I like to fit in something I really like into my calorie/fat budget.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:14 PM   #11  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKat View Post
What diet plans do you follow? I am scared that counting calories will be too hard. I signed up for myfitnesspal after I saw it somewhere on this site but I am not always home where I can put my calories in. A guy friend and his wife do South Beach and he told me I would really like it. He is giving me the book today. My brother gave me some wii games to try and see if I like them for exercise. That will be my exercise today. We got the wii fit this Christmas and I hated it. I can't walk in my neighborhood so I am trying to find something to do inside.
Irish, I am on Weight Watchers. Well, kind of, I do it on my own with an old formula. Anyways, I think it is less work than calorie counting but is just as flexible. In my opinion it is important to have something flexible where pretty much no food is off limits. I think it helps stick to the plan and prepares you for a healthy life. Cutting out certain foods is just too hard for me and I can't incorporate it in my social life without difficulty. With WW I can still go out, enjoy food friends cook etc. and nobody even has to know that I am on a diet. It is all about planning and portion size.
Do you have a smart phone i.e. iphone, android or something? It sure helps calculating and tracking what you eat.
For working out at home, I would start with some DVDs (pilates or whatever else). Usually you can get some in a library and try them before you buy them. Netflix has some too, I think. Or you can probably find some on TV and tape them. We bought a treadmill (cheapo Walmart one, which totally does the trick) which is a god send. I love running now, which I used to hate with a passion!!
We have a Wii with the board too. I don't think it is a real workout anyways. It is fun to track weight on there though. We usually do the body weight thing daily just for fun.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/181.5/143

Height: 5'7"

Weigh in is tomorrow. >< oh dear.
Irish - I am on a low calorie diet with low carnal attempting to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day.
Mya- goodluck! Go kick some booty
Old 07-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 8"

Kelly and SMSDreamer - I am on day 41 completely OP. I think OP is different for everyone, but here is what OP looks like to me. 1200-1800 cals which averages out through the week to 1500-1525 a day. For exercise I am following my 1/2 marathon schedule, which includes two rest days.

Irish - I calorie count and love myfitnesspal for keep track. Do you have a smart phone, if so you should get the my fitness pal app. I use it when I am away from home...or when I want to use the barcode scan feature.

Josey and Anon - You are both doing great with c25k!

Welcome MYA and Iianae!

Last edited by envelope; 07-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #14  
SARGE

Welcome Mya and Lliane-- Welcome to the looney platoon!

I'm posting an answer to a PM Sarge got about what all the numbers mean and challenges are so I thought I'd post for all to view (INCLUDING YOU LURKERS OUT THERE!!!!)

One basic thing is requested around here each week. On Sundays (or earlier) just make a pledge to Sarge how many pounds you'll lose the following week. The pledge board is in post #2 right now. You'll see each member of the group made promise this week to lose anywhere between 1 to 3 lbs...

In the same post we've had a bunch of smack talk going on where various platoon members have challenged each other to various things like who can put in the most exercise minutes each week, who will make it to their goal weight first, how many weeks they can register pounds loss...all those things are under SIDE CHALLENGES. You might want to wait a week or so to get involved in that stuff.

Also, many of us (as a group) are virtually trekking across America by keeping track of miles we put in each week accumulated by "intentional exercise." It can be miles walked, biked, swam, miles calculated on cardio machines, etc. Right now the platoon has trekked from New Hampshire to Colorado...we're trying to make it to the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

And finally, several of us just started battling each other for exercise supremacy on this website: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/
Platoon Private K3 is currently kicking our BIG BUTT-ers!

All in all there's plenty to keep us busy, motivated and MOVING our ever shrinking butts!

Hope that answers the questions Sarge got in his PM box. Newbies...I'll add your names to the pledge board. You can let Sarge know on Sunday how many pounds to put you down for next week!

Dreamer -- No way Sarge can go 100 days on plan. He has a tough time making it Monday to Friday...lol!

Carry on Butt-er Battalion! We got 53 pounds to toss out of our backpacks this week! Hup....hup...

Last edited by JayTee; 07-08-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 PM   #15  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Platoon Private K3 is currently kicking our BIG BUTT-ers!

K3's butt-er, and arms, and legs are still feeling like they will fall off after yesterdays weight training sessions. <== I love this little guy
My morning walk helped but I fear for how much the 30day shred will kick my butt-er once I get home!
I have to complete it 5 times this week though to keep up with peanutt!!!
Closed Thread