Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #46  

Congrats Miss! Both on the weight loss and the new position - ooks like everything is going fantastic for you!! Way too go!

Yelie, don't worry - you'll get there soon!!

Jolene - that sounds like a pretty good reason to me for choosing 136. I bet it looks fantastic on you!! Good luck!!

I'm back up to 158 today. The ONLY difference from Friday to yesterday is that I had less calories yesterday and a little less water. I'm hoping I'm just retaining water! I shouldn't gain 2 pounds on what I ate!!
Old 04-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #47  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, girls! I've read what I missed, and it looks like many people have had some good losses, or are making headway on gains that happened over Easter!

I did fairly well on my break. The first five days I was excellent. I ate richer things, but I kept the portion sizes nice and small. On the last two days, I kind of went overboard... then yesterday, I went really overboard!

We were driving from my hometown to the airport in Montreal, which was a 7 hour trip, so we stopped twice at restaurants, plus had a big breakfast before we left. Caramel apple pancakes for breakfast, fried calamari and spinach artichoke dip for lunch, onion blossom and French onion soup with about an inch thick layer of cheese on top for dinner... yikes! And the sodium in those things! I drank two diet sodas and six glasses of water at the dinner restaurant, and I didn't feel like I had to pee for three hours afterward. I'm retaining water big time!

When I got home today, I weighed in to see the damage, and I was pleasantly surprised. Only a 1.3 pound gain, and that's with retaining water, and weighing in after a meal I had on the plane! I'll weigh in tomorrow morning to get a more accurate reading, but I think maybe I only gained about a pound while I was gone!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

sotypical, of course you're right it's just frustrating to see the scale going down and then back up all of the sudden ya know? And have fun and you must try a bite if fried bread it's delicious!

tuende, we are the same height so I know exactly what you mean about normal BMI I can't wait to get there. I like Nicole's idea of treating myself when I reach such a milestone so I think I'll get myself a massage! Hopefully it'll be soon cause I could really use one now lol.

Nicole, yep it's that time again lol my TOM came yesterday stupid thing. I'm sure you are retaining water, maybe your TOM is coming too but either way I hope it goes away soon I know how frustrating that is.

stargzr, what kind of interval training do you do on the treadmill? I think we might be getting one soon and I've heard that is a really good workout.

Yellie, I'm so sorry about your neck I'm glad it's feeling better and hope it continues to do so. And your body is evil 150.0 would drive me crazy! Lol I'm kidding you are so close you'll be in the 140's very soon!

Jo, don't get discouraged. I've never been below the 150's in my entire adulthood so at least you know your goal is achieveable right? But just stick with it and it will happen!!

miss, wow you are getting very close to goal that's so exciting! And I hope the new position at work works out for you!

kirjava, that's awesome that you're probably only up a pound. I've been known to retain more than that and drop it overnight so who knows, you might even see that you didn't gain at all! Good luck and I'm glad you had fun!

This weekend I was so good I'm very proud of myself so I must share lol. Friday night was my boyfriend's sister's birthday so we went to Chili's and I ordered the guiltless chicken sandwich with broccoli. I have never done that! And the production of Cats was in town this weekend so I took my mom to see it yesterday but we went to lunch beforehand at Applebees's and I got the Dijon chicken with portobellos on the under 550 cal menu and didn't even eat the whole thing! I mean, I always know what I should order when I eat out but somehow I just never stick with my plan, but I did this weekend- not once but twice! Lol just wanted to share my NSV's I hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-11-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #49  
The Last 10lbs!

fashin, that's my BIGGEST problem going out - planning what I want to order and then ordering something different! What a great NSV, I really should stop changing my mind at the last minute and going 'what the heck, it won't hurt if I get a burger instead' because clearly this isn't the way to go! Well done to you!

I stepped on the scale this morning thinking I might have put on a bit of weight... 156 it said! I haven't seen 156 since last summer. I have hurt my back somehow, I think I may have torn a muscle near the bottom, so I don't know if my body is holding onto more water because it's sore or what but I was so discouraged. I didn't eat very well over Easter because I was at my boyfriend's parent's house and his mom is a fantastic cook but I didn't go overboard or gorge myself on chocolate. I thought I did pretty well Unfortunately my scale doesn't seem to think so.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and that everyone's getting back into the swing of things now that Easter is over. I want to be 145 by my boyfriend's graduation/my trip to Edinburgh but I keep having setbacks, and even though I know I'm the only one to blame, I can't believe I've put on 3lbs!

Last edited by freedomreins; 04-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #50  

Freedom, don't give up! It's just a minor set back, and I'm sure you're retaining water like you thought. You'll be back to normal in no time! Good luck reaching your goal

I'm 157 this morning. TOM isn't here yet, but I'm expecting it any day. I certainly felt the carb cravings last night! I did well with low carb yesterday, but my calories were super low...1051. I'm going to need to try to push that higher if I'm going to lose! It's hard because protein and fat fill you up a ton, as do veggies. And those are the main things I'm eating! LOL
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #51  

Thanks freedom! And I'm sure it is just water weight I have read on here that when our muscles are sore/damaged they retain water in order to repair themselves. Just stay OP and I'm sure you'll drop the water weight plus some in no time and I hope your back feels better soon!

Nicole, great job on sticking to the low carb but I agree you need to get your cals up although I have no advice on how to do so without adding carbs lol. Good luck you're doing great!

So, official WI this morning is 158. Definitely not what I was hoping for but I did eat out alot this weekend and although I made good choices I know they were high in sodium. I also tend to hang on to some water weight for the first few days of TOM so maybe that's part of it... Anyway I'm just going to keep chugging along and hope for a woosh next week. I hope you ladies are having a good Monday so far!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-12-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #52  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

yelie – Sorry to hear you’ve hurt your neck. I hope it gets to feeling 100% soon! WOW, 150?! You’re doing amazing! You’ll be outta here very soon!!

jo – You can beat the 150s this time! We’re with you!!

miss - How exciting! I can’t wait until the scale shows me that low! You’re so close to getting out of here!

nicole – I doubt that’s real weight, like you said.

kirjava – Sounds like you did pretty well the whole time you were gone! Congrats!

fashin – I will preface by saying that I’d heard to do intervals like so: 30sec high intensity followed by 90sec recovery. However, even if I did 10mph on the treadmill, I could go longer than 30sec… soooo I do 60sec/60sec intervals. Last week my speeds were 4mph/9mph. I’m thinking this week I want to up it to 5mph/9mph so I don’t walk on my recovery. I’ll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes. It is definitely a good workout! My cals burned pretty much double from steady running AND I can now run faster/longer on my steady runs. So, triple win!
CONGRATS on the nsv’s! That’s amazing! I haven’t braved the restaurants since Oct last year before I started running. I’d kind of like to, but I’m afraid my resolve will fade when I see the menu.

freedom – I sure hope you can get a chance to relax and let your back muscle heal so you feel much better fast! I know 156 shows a step in the wrong direction, but you’re doing great and you can get back to 152 in no time!

My weekend was great! We went to the zoo on Saturday and that was a lot of fun! Long story short for my weight loss – I forgot the scale at home and made poor choices with my eating, including ‘hot and ready’ pizza from Little Caesar’s. I didn’t want to know what the scale said this morning so I got on and had hubby look. Once I feel better (prolly around thurs/fri) I will WI and see how it compares. I’ve come to the conclusion that I’ve accidently settled into maintenance… I keep fluctuating the same few pounds and I really would like to lose more. So, back on track today and I will not stop until I see the scale throw me into the 140s! So there.

Last edited by stargzr; 04-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #53  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

So much to read! Will try and catch up later. Just stopping by to say HI and I hope everyone had a great weekend.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #54  
The Last 10lbs!

ValentineNicole, I always want to try doing low carb but I like bread too much, hehehe. I find carbs make me feel full. What kind of things do you eat? Chicken, veggies, etc?

fashin, I'm sure it's some water weight from all the sodium. I'm always SHOCKED at how much salt is in restaurant food! Why they have to do that I have no idea!

stargzr, I hope you're right. I hurt it reaching into the back of my boyfriend's car to get a bag of groceries... pretty stupid eh? I wasn't even bending funny, all of a sudden I just got this stab of pain and the ache hasn't gone away! You are about the same height as I am so I will definitely be interested in following your progress

Hi sotypical! *wave*

So I did the 30DS today for the first time in almost a year. Started out at level one, and it wasn't as bad as I remember it being when I first started last spring. That's a positive! I got my hair cut this morning and that always gives me motivation - when my hair looks good, I want to look good.

I got some awful news before I went to the hairdresser's though. My mom emailed me (I live in England, she lives in Canada, I'm here for school) and told me that last night one of our miniatures - the one in my picture on the left there - was attacked by a Pitbull. She said the dog's been hanging around for a few days and as is unfortunately quite common in our area, people from the city come out and dump their animals because they expect country people to take them in since we have the space and already have animals. We have a cat that someone left with a bowl of food on the side of our road and she sought shelter in our barn and never left. Anyway, I have no idea what happened - I don't think a 32" miniature with arthritic joints and a history of hoof problems would have done anything to instigate a fight, but the dog had him on the ground and was chewing on his hindquarters. He bit all down his legs and the vet thought that if my stepsister hadn't come home when she did that he probably would have finished him off. I thought the dog might just have been hungry but apparently a neighbour has been feeding him. The neighbour has two young girls, under the age of 10, and he immediately took the dog to the SPCA because he was afraid the same thing could have happened to his little girls.

I guess this brings up that debate about whether dogs like Pitbulls are born 'mean' or if it's trained into them. Personally I don't believe any animal is born mean or with a certain attitude and that most of it depends on the owner's behaviour. It's so disappointing that if someone dumped the dog that attacked Leo that we had to pay for it and could have lost one of our beloved pets because they didn't want theirs. They should have been responsible with the dog and at least taken it to a shelter or something - for the dog's welfare and Leo's!

Sorry that above bit was so long but I was so upset, and I'm not even there to help out with changing his bandages and giving him bute (he HATES taking anything and none of the usual tricks with flavouring etc seem to work). It sort of threw me off for the day but I let myself be upset this morning and then kept myself busy because there's really nothing I can do from so far away.

Phew. Anyway, sorry! I really only meant to pop in and mention that I was starting the 30DS again to try to kickstart myself back in the right direction!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:56 PM   #55  

stargzr, I'm glad you had fun this weekend don't get too down on yourself there's nothing wrong with practicing some early maintenance! And that interval training sounds pretty cool I think I'm going to try it when we get our treadmill thanks!

freedom, wow I am so sorry about your little miniature that is so sad. I'm glad your sister got home when she did. I would like to say that my bf and I have a pit bull named Annie and she's the sweetest dog I have ever known. However, I think some dogs are born with a mean streak just like humans. Not all good, not all bad ya know? How they're brought up plays a big part in it though, and whoever dropped the dog off in the first place should never be allowed to own pets again! Anyway, I'm really sorry and I hope Leo gets better very soon as I'm sure he will! And great job on doing 30DS I have heard it's pretty intense so I might be trying it soon to tone up for summer time.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #56  

Freedom, I'm so sorry! That's awful! Thank god your sister arrived in time.. Your poor baby! We lost a liter of kittens to a pitbull that was loose, once

As for what I'm doing, that's basically it! I've been stuck in the high 150s for a while now, and I'm hoping this will help cut my sugary cravings. It helps that this is how my dad eats to control his diabetes. He doesn't need medicine and he looks fantastic. So I have a strong motivator, even though I don't have the disease.

Also, my grandparents all had diabetes and my blood sugar is mildly high (in the 90s) so it's probably a good precaution to eat less processed sugars.

On an average day, I might eat 2-4 ounces of cheese, plenty of proteins (turkey, chicken, pork, beef - anything), olive oils to cook, and green vegetables. That's about it for now, but I'm going to add back in more veggies, then fruits, then whole grains, eventually. Maybe 2 weeks for each? I just want to cut cravings and boost my metabolism
Old 04-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #57  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Kirjava - way to go on 1.3 pounds - I bet it is totally water!

Fashin - way to go on sticking to plan while eating out! That is fantastic!! I have a horrible time with this as well. Sorry your weigh in wasn't what you wanted.

stargzr - I see your pizza... I had Wendy's AND McDonalds this weekend. The scale was scary this morning too! lol

freedom - really sorry to hear about your miniature.

Nicole - good luck with the low carb! Hope it works for you.

I think that is everyone

This weekend was fantastic. We had beautiful weather in Tofino - we did a fair amount of walking (more would of been nice) but my eating was kinda of fail. The scale is up about 2 pounds, but I will work at it and hopefully be back in the 150's by weigh in. I really need to work on eating good while not at home - not even that, but staying away from the fast food! I don't know what is going to happen early next week, I am really worried. But I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Anyway, we were in a cabin kinda set in the woods, but the main resort was on the beach. We had a hot tub and a few bottles of wine... lol, it was just a really nice weekend away. My dog had a blast too!

Last edited by sotypical; 04-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 175/168.8/135

Hey everyone! Ugh, first day back from break always sucks! But I am actually looking forward to it because it is much easier for me to stay OP when I have a schedule to follow. Spring Break week started out great and ended with me eating McDonald's So it's time to refocus!

Seems like a lot has been going on in the past week. Hope everyone is doing well. Here's to a good week!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #59  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

fashin, way to go making good choices twice at restaurants! When we stopped at two restaurants on Saturday, I just decided to go wild, which I know was really bad. You have excellent will power to avoid the bad stuff!

freedom, I'm sorry to hear about your injury, and I hope the gain you're seeing is just water retention as your body heals your muscles. I'm also sorry about your miniature horse. It's horrible when people abandon their pets, and even worse when that pet can be a danger to other people's pets as well. I hope he has a speedy recovery!

stargzr, I like your idea of having your husband check your weigh-in so you don't have to see it yet! I know when I see a crappy weigh-in, I get discouraged and more prone to cheat and give up. Having someone else check and tell me later would be very helpful! I hope getting back on track will bring you to the 140s where you want to be!

Nicole, I hope the low-carb works to reduce your cravings! I know what you mean by having a tough time getting enough calories on that plan, though! Carbs can make up a major portion of the calories I eat in a day. Good luck finding a good balance!

I feel good today being back on track. I'm giving myself one to two weeks of a low-carb diet to give myself a boost after my vacation week. I think that between low-carb and going back to 1200 calories a day after eating 1600 or more while on vacation will finally give me a good loss after all these weeks of 0.2!

I also got some exercise stuff. I've got 5lb ankle weights that I plan to wear all the time at work. I also got a jump rope, a resistance band, and a rowing resistence exerciser (basically it hooks over my feet and has a T-bar I hold and do rowing motions with). Now I can finally exercise at home! No excuses!

My students and I are doing a unit about records, and we had a bunch of competitions today about standing one leg, crouching, sitting on our butts and holding our arms and legs up (highly recommended for your abs, by the way! ), and our last competition was running on the spot. One of my students and I lasted at least 35 minutes! We stayed past the bell at the end of the day, and finally decided to call it a tie. What a workout!

I hope you all had a great day!
Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM   #60  
Super Saiyan

S/C/G: 170/ticker/115

Height: 5'0''

Hi Everybody! My name is Eva. I'm new and I wanna get out of the 150s!! lol
After the holidays last year I think I went from about 160 to 170 After I stopped eating all the pies, cookies, and leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, I went back to 164-166. About 2 weeks ago I started eating smaller portions and choosing healthy snacks. So far I've lost 6 lbs. I'm at 159.6 now. Today I'm going to start The Biggest Loser Vol. 1 DVD. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs each week. Hopefully I can do this.
Closed Thread