Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 AM   #91  

Thumbs up DAWNY!!!!!! Great job!!!!!

I am thrilled for you!!!!
What celebrations did you have?
I hope to do exactly what you have done as well.... I'm inspired!
Will do a seperate post about other stuff, this accomplishment deserves it's own seperate post!
Linda, bowing in honor
Old 03-31-2005, 08:51 AM   #92  

Hey, Dawny, you need to change your signature to not read one of these days I'll be satisfied to finally satisfied or something like that!!! You go girl!
Now, believe it or not, speaking truly as a lifetime member, comes the hard part. I think maintenance is really hard and wasn't able to succeed. Do you think you might like to be a WW leader now as well? We chatted about that a long time ago. I might still like to do it, but first I need to conquer my own demons.... get to goal and remain at goal. I think I would have to remain at goal for about year before I could say I've really done it right.
LJ, I'm not at goal and only get 20 points a day, but with exercise, I usually bring that up to 22 a day.... or use a few flexpoints as 20 so just very hard for me.
Dawny, at every meeting I attend when person reaches goal or lifetime or even their 10% they are asked "what did it for you". So, review for us what helped you the most!
I'm just so excited for you, we've been together all this time and you are our first to achieve this outstanding accomplishment! Yeah for Dawny!
I am journaling as well, when times are bad (and don't always know what causes times to be bad, but it happens to me) I stop journaling mid-day and things go "awry" and I can't keep in control. Once I stop journaling, I'm "dead" even if I think I'm in control, I'm not.
Well, off to a meeting for me, a quilt meeting and I am bringing my own WW 2 points bar, and nothing more!
Linda
Old 03-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #93  

Hello all! I finally saw for myself that the scale does go below 170! Last night's WI - 1.6# gone forever. New me = 168.8! Yippee! Now I'm anxious to even lower numbers. It's fun when you've never seen them before!

Keeping it short for now! Have a great day, ladies!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #94  

Hey everyone!

Wow, Dawny, what can I say?? You're simply amazing!!! You truly are an inspiration, please don't leave us now!! You must feel fantastic, enjoy the new you!!!

Melanie, great WI!!! I'm sure you'll be in the 150s in no time now!!

Linda, hope you've adjusted to the new conditions at home. Hope you're back on tack.

Frog, good work on the loss, you're doing very well!!

L.J., I hope you're feeling better and back on track. We're here for you!

I'm feeling much better, I've forgotten how good I feel when I'm not binging. I was OP yesterday, even though I had a gin&tonic at night. Today seems good as well, I'm beginning anew, and I just knew that if I could be "good" for one day then I'd keep the ball rolling. So, everything looks fine. However, I have another party on Saturday and I'm meeting some friends for drinks on Sunday, so it's gonna be tough, but I'll do my best, I want to see a loss this week!!!

Take care everyone!!!

Last edited by sugar_cane; 03-31-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:54 PM   #95  

Hi guys, phew, what a 24 hours this has been, for one thing, I just can't seem to stop grinning! Even when I'm not thinking about getting to goal, I am singing to myself, or doing a little dance, I think patients at work today must have thought I was very strange, but who cares? I so am pleased!

Thanks so much for all your lovely congrats! It means so much to share this with my friends, and Nat, I won't be going anywhere, as Linda says, now comes the hard part!

LJ, hi, At the moment, or up to yesterday anyway, I've been on 19 pts per day. No flex points. But our foods do seem to have slightly different points values to make up for this. I have been told that on the maintenence programme to give myself an extra 6 per day as a starting point, to see how I go. If I lose weight I have an extra point, or if gain, lose one. But that gives me 25 per day now, how am I going to eat that much when I've been so used to so few for months?
LJ, I have put a couple of tips I've used on my other thread I created, but just for you these are my personal little tips of the day.
I journal, every single day. I make sure I don't give up half way through the day, even if I really don't want to put stuff down. Occasionally I've had the odd cookie which I considered didn't really count, (only fooling myself here) but generally, you just have to be honest with yourself. If you truly write down every single thing that passes your lips, you can usually pick up exactly where it is you may be going wrong.
Planning, plan your meals in advance, when you do the weekly shop preferably, then when you get midweek there's no excuse for 'naughties' because you don't know what to have for dinner!
Water, loads of it! Your body works better if its hydrated, if it works better, it will metabolise the fat better - see the pattern here?
Watch the portion sizes. I know (over here at least) WW says you can have, eg, a 'medium' jacket potato. Can you really estimate 'medium'? I weigh almost everything, especially the higher point stuff, to make sure I don't go over, but just as importantly, to ensure I don't underestimate either - I don't want to do myself out of the few points I get! If the portion sizes look too small, use a smaller plate, it really does help.
Keep an old 'before' photo with you. Look at it as often as you need to, even if its not a good one, it'll remind you of how you don't want to be.
Picture yourself back at goal weight, and those fabulous new clothes you can fit into. That one works for me every time!

Linda, I might consider being a leader, but not yet. I have something to give to it I think, but not the time. Maybe one day.

Melanie, hi, love the joke! My kind of humour!

Oh, no time left, AJ's bathtime awaits, I'll be back soon. Love you guys. See ya.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:25 PM   #96  

Dawny - Again, I'm soooo happy for you!! I believe I would have a t-shirt printed to let everyone know!

Natalie - The good news is, you know your plans for this weekend and can plan ahead! I'm sure you will do great!

I'm excited because the phone company is coming to put in a new phone jack tomorrow. That means I will have internet access in my home again! I still haven't gotten to try out the new computer I got for Christmas on-line! I bet you can guess what I'll be doing this weekend!

C-ya tomorow!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:21 PM   #97  
Closed

Dawny...Thank you so much for doing that for me......I have read and reread it....WOW 19 points a day!!!!!!!!!! geez.....God Bless you!!! I can hardly imagine doing that points range everyday....that being said Flex doesn'tsound so bad, Melanie I know Malanie, the of the Do-Overs' is flipping It just made a BIG difference to me. Maybe because I was zeroing in on ONLY 20 instead of 18-23!! (Winning Points) Or the fact that I could if I wanted to add up to 5 pts a day and still be the same as Winning. Go figure.....on second thought, don't try
Dawny, I will take all you said to heart.....I have already journaled my entire day for tomorrow (Friday) I LOVE everything you said. I 'should' know all this, since making lifetime in 2001....losing 55 lbs. Then when flex came out, I wasn't happy for whatever reason. Natalie, thank you too....knowing I have a place to 'come' to helps. I have been so down that I can get my act together, but you all here seem to handle points so well.
Being tomorrow starts a NEW month this is my opportunity to try SO hard to stick with Points for this entire week.....even though I weigh in on Saturday....and then next Saturday I will really be able to tell!!! Maybe I'll do my points Wendies Way....you know 'trick' the body!!! It worked before, that's how I lost the 20 I gained....so we'll see.....I feel good. Dawny you said something in your tips that I ABSOULUTELY do.....give up half way through the day.. I am soooo guilty of that.....thank you for pointing it out!!
Linda I hope you are doing Ok. I know so well how hard this is,especially when we've been there, done that, and back again!! ughhhhh.
Let's do it!! My goal is to lose a large majority of this by Memorial Day weekend....so I better get started....tomorrow is it.....New Month, New Chance!!
I wish everyone the best of luck for their Friday. I will check back later, I did notice not many posts go on here on a daily basis so I will wait till tomorrow evening when I get home.........Have a good one out there..........L.J
Old 03-31-2005, 06:23 PM   #98  
Closed

Melanie.....way to go on the 168.8 ....and going into a new range of numbers so exciting....even more inspiration!!!!!!!! Thanks........and...........Congrats........L.J.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:34 PM   #99  

Wow, 24 hours away and I missed soooo much! Congrats everyone, seems like most are doing great!

LJ, I havent' been at this long, but the advice being given is great! Journal, Journal, Journal!!! They laugh at me at work because of my 'food' drawer, but I keep low point snacks and stuff at work, so I won't be tempted by miss skinny minnie that eats everything in sight, and brings it in by the carton full!!!!

So yes, planning and journaling are the two major goals here I would think.

I personnally wouldn't be able to eat supper tonight if I didn't have flex points. I blew it today...why? I didn't journal. One day and I forgot all I knew!!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:34 PM   #100  
Closed

Melanie. thank you too for the tips....as for Fruit...I am NOT a fruit person....but I LOVE my vegetables.....and get what I need for the day in them. I will however eat bananas.....
Yes I am a STRESS eater....and sometimes just dont know how to combat it, I grab what's easy first and then I am sorry.......FRUIT will NOT work for me!! Popcorn either....don't like either of them ...Maybe I can try a 2 pt yogurt, maybe...a ff Jello Tapioca or Jello FF/SF 1 pt. Choc pudding (new on the market)
I will try so hard......and I will read all the posts here.
Thanks for the support..............L.J.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:34 PM   #101  

and thanks guys for the jokes...they really help sometimes when your' having a bad daY!!!
FROG
Old 03-31-2005, 06:39 PM   #102  

lj...do you like pretzels? I count them out and put in individual snack bags...or I will sit and eat half the package!!

FROG
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #103  
Closed

Oh yeah...I forgot....thanks Frog.....the pretzels I used to buy are 24 for 2 pts.....oh and while I'm thinking of it......16 animal crackers......2pts too.....good with a cup of midday coffee and it worked for me before.........many thanks!!! LJ
Old 03-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #104  
Closed

PS if I keep this dialog going I just may be 'successful' this week.....thanks......
Old 03-31-2005, 08:03 PM   #105  

LJ that's the attitude!!

When is your WI?

FROG
Closed Thread