Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:41 PM   #76  

Hello, all! Here for my Monday check up! I survived a chocolate covered weekend! I only have half a medium sized candy and 2 baby candy eggs. I brought a WW dessert to a cookout and did quite well. I have exercised 1/2 hr Thurs, 1 hr Fri, 1 hr Sat. Can someone please tell me why the scale refuses to move!!!! I know, I'm lucky. First plateau in almost forever, and I'm hoping that it's due to increased muscle tone. I'll just hang in there and see. I'm going to go over the plateau busting post from a while back to see if I can get any hints too.

Abirdee - Great WI! And inches are the most important thing anyway, huh?

Dawny - Wow! I'm so proud of you! You are our star! Who cares about that .5 you have to go. You look fabulous, Darling. Hope you are enjoying your day off!

Frog - Hey! Glad you're with us. Sorry to hear about troubles at home. I certainly agree with Abirdee that prayer is the number one answer. Actually, I'm working on a skit for church that's focus will be that you can't change someone, but the Lord can work wonders. Please don't let the stress push you toward food. You are worth feeling better and looking better regardless of what is going on. I also love DWLZ and I've gotten losts of good recipes and ideas from there. Check out the journals too, and you can see what people are eating to give you some more ideas.

Natalie - Hello! Get your rump back in gear, girl! You've done too far to sabotage yourself now! Try to figure out why you are binging. If it's emotional, you need to find another source for comfort. If it's just because it tastes good, you need to remember the priorities you have set! I find that I sometimes eat because I just don't care about being thin that day. I struggle with that some since I have never been below the weight I am now. So, what's the big deal? But, I know that I do want to continue with the process, so I'm not letting myself give up!

Linda - Hon, we miss ya! Hope things are okay!

Well, I had a great Easter. I did a 6 min. monologue as a Roman soldier's wife that witnessed the crusifixion and resurrection. I got to dress up in character and it was a lot of fun. People really liked it too and said it moved them. I was sooo glad because I was iffy about whether it was the right one to do. I think I have really found my nitch with the drama. I'm lovin' it. Heck, I get to dress up and play make believe!

Well, I'm expecting to get Leisa Hart's Gym in a Box from the Blockbuster mail-DVD program today. I'm excited to try something different. I'm on the pursuit of some good workouts, and this way, I can try out different ones with our membership plan.

C-ya Later!
Old 03-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #77  

Hi Nat, just a quick message, why don't you try the 'no-count' if you are struggling with the points, even if its just for a week or two. Sometimes it takes doing something very different to 'kick your butt' and get things moving again. You have done so fantastic up to now, don't let this blip set you back. I think you may need to feel the motivation again, so if you really want to do this, sit down, take a long look at yourself, remember why you started this thing in the first place, and how nervous you were about telling your friends and family what you were going to do. Then think how proud they all are of you now. Now, I don't want to say anything about letting them down, because its nothing to do with them, it has to be your decision entirely. But if you really, really want something, the only person who can do it is you. You are a strong girl, you've come so far already, and I want to hear about the bikini you want to wear this summer! You have it in you to do this, you just need a kick start, and to forget these bad habits you have gotten into the past couple of weeks. Good luck Nat, shout us if you want us!

Frog, I know all about the emotional eating thing, comfort 'binging' is my middle name. Nowadays, we just have to try and binge on things which don't contain too many points - although carrot sticks just don't always have the same appeal do they? I've said this before in regards to other issues, I believe truly, that if you can stay in control of your eating, then it is a part of your life of which you can feel totally in control when other things seem completely out of control. If you feel in control totally of at least one thing in your life, it makes you stronger to deal with the other aspects going on too. That probably makes no sense at all, you will get used to my waffle, basically, I mean keep going, things do have a habit of working out you know. Good luck.

Hi to everyone else, not bad for a short post huh? See ya.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:58 AM   #78  

A very quick message from me! I'll check back in later on and read all the posts to keep myself up to date. Looks like we have a newcomer, hello and welcome!
I blew it over Easter and today will go to my WW meeting and hang my head in shame. I gave up chocolate for Lent and did go on a bit of a binge, including chocolate cake! But, today, I begin Anew! If I had a dollar for every time I've said that!
Linda
Old 03-29-2005, 03:54 PM   #79  

Hey all!

thanks for the encouragement! Didn't stay for meeting, but stopped in at WI last night. Lost 2 pounds...best week so far, so I guess the chips didn't kill me!!

Natalie...keep the chin up! You'll be in that bikini and looking great!!! You've made great strides already and I understand how the low times can hurt, but the ultimate goal is such a great thing to strive for.

Frog

Old 03-29-2005, 04:27 PM   #80  

Hi Frog! Glad you joined us. I was 164 when I started WW, very close to you. I literally have my "ups and downs". This week I weighed in 2.8 pounds heavier, there have been gains the last three weeks in a row for me. I'm in trouble.
My husband has been unemployed and I've been going through some stressful times. I need inspiration and I need my will power back!
DH is starting a home business, guys. So, he's home here all the time. Big changes in my life and I hope that I can deal with all that's going on!
I need journal, water, self control.
I can do this, I've done it before. I am determined NOT to have a gain next week.
Linda
Old 03-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #81  
Closed

Hi everyone! and Welcome Frog.....Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
Melanie I must tell you...your words....
"I just decided I was gonna do it and now it's a way of life" Were powerful.....THANK YOU!!
You have a POINT!! (no pun intended )
I have been having such a hard time lately....up,down, up down, the never ending cycle. I have proudly lost 55 lbs but since FLEX Points came into play I have gained back 20!!!!!! I did lose it all (the 20 lbs) from June to Sept and now it's baaaccckkkkk and I am having the hardest time. You all know I have tried Core, did well, but fell off that wagon too. So now much of my time is each day I don't know what the heck program I am doing. This IS not Good!!!
I feel like crap and sooooo disappointed in me!! I hear you loud and clear Linda....but let's hang in there.....we need to do this!! We (all) have come so far, why are we sabotaging ourselves. So Malanie I am going to use your words as my Mantra....if you don't mind.
I just really dislike Flex Points.....but I will try my best.....20 is so little. But I do like the variety of points as opposed to Core.
LInda I hope that everything works out for you as you want it to. Hang in there....you seem like such a strong person!! We can help each other and isn't that the board YOU created so long ago!!
I know I need everyone's help...and motivation.....I do not, do not, do not, want to go back where I was....20 lbs is ENOUGH!!!! My goal for me is to lose 10 lbs by Memorial Day Weekend.....I think I can, I think I can... and as you said "Today I begin a new" I have said that myself a million times... I AM the queen of DO-OVER!!!! and journals....my husband cracks up at me
So Let's Just Do It!!!!
Dawny -Love you words too.
I believe truly, that if you can stay in control of your eating, then it is a part of your life of which you can feel totally in control when other things seem completely out of control. If you feel in control totally of at least one thing in your life, it makes you stronger to deal with the other aspects going on too. THANKS!!!
Well, once again...I am going to try anew tomorrow....ughhhhhh.
Best of luck to everyone!!!!! Will check back tomorrow....
LJ
Old 03-30-2005, 03:21 AM   #82  

Hi guys, didn't get to post yesterday, AJ been really poorly the last couple of days, sunday night I must have gotten about one hours sleep only, he had high temperature, and was sick a couple of times - in my bed obviously! Why do little kids, if they are going to be sick, wait until they have climbed into the parental bed? One of the mysteries of being a mom. But now, thankfully, you would never know he had ever had an ill day in his life, he is currently running round the house like a mad thing, with my niece, playing 'dragons' apparantly!

Oh well, back to other issues. Linda, I'm so pleased that it looks like DH has got the chance to work for himself, of course, you will need to get used to him being around constantly, but thats something I'm sure you can adapt to soon enough, a small price to pay for a wage coming in! Just your routine you may need to change slightly to fit in with him being around 24/7, don't eat to compensate. On to your WI. So you had a gain, so what? You have had so much going on lately. Hopefully, you were going to aim to get back on track this week, so go for it! With the worries over DH's job situation now out of the way, you can concentrate on you for a change.

Linda J, hi, We don't have flex points over here, just 'normal' points, so I can't imagine what its like to have this small amount of points per day and then some 'spare' ones to use to. Either way, we have to use the tools available to us, and stick to them. If you really want to do this, you can do it - You have done it before so you know this, but you have to feel motivated to do it too. Good luck with trying anew!

Frog, hi, great loss this week, you should feel very proud of yourself. As for the chips, you do get to learn with WW, that usually, a few extra chips, or an extra cookie for example don't kill off your weightloss attempts. Keep going girl,you are doing great!

Ok, so its WI tonight for me too. I'm pretty sure that tonight will be the night. I can barely stand the tension of waiting till then. As long as I don't pig out during the day or just before the meeting I should be fine. I'm hoping this will be my last week of having to pay, just as well because I just got my nails done yesterday, and am now committed to going every 3 weeks or so to have them re-done which will be a similar amount of cost to a months of meetings - so wish me luck!

Ok, better go and check up on the 'dragons' upstairs, its gone suspiciously quiet up there! back later.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #83  

Hi all!
LJ, I'm right there with you. I don't have all the answers, but I sure know I just can't allow myself to lose control. The life I led before lures me back sometimes, I am weak. I LOVE my old life and the bad eating habits, I admit it. But, I just "can't go there", I know where it will lead. I kind of forgot myself a bit, even to the tune of making my absolute favorite comfort food... and there is still some of it in the refrigerator, calling to me. Gosh, just had an idea, it's got to go in the freezer in portion controlled containers, I guess.
Yes, LJ, that IS the board I created a long time ago.... I guess there are times when we ALL need help and to support each other, me included. What Melanie said is "right on", but I lost that control, totally, over the last few weeks. I wonder what it is within us all that makes these things happen? Three weeks in a row of gains is more than I can handle. I refuse to let this happen to me, I am totally BACK in control right now, period.
I bought frozen strawberries yesterday and lite cool whip, the strawberries are sweetened with nutra-sweet, have you all tried those? They are really good and sweet and I may make some s.f. Jell-O and make some parfaits, if it's pretty, I get more into eating it. I am also making the old standby today, the WW garden vegetable soup.
Dawny, I hope tonight is the night for you. I am routing for you! You've come so far and you have been such an example to the rest of us. We will be there to cheer for you if this is it, but if not, we will support you and keep you going until next week, which will surely be IT for you! Wow, I'm so impressed.
Sorry about AJ getting sick. Thank goodness my kids never did that in my bed, but in their own, and repeatedly. I do not have fond memories of changing sheets and doing laundry in the middle of the night. This, too, shall pass. They grow up and suddenly you wonder what happened to your little kids who are all taller than you, which is the case with me!
Well, I shall be working out today and I shall try my best to be a good girl.
Linda
Old 03-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #84  

Hi, LJ - of the do-overs. Sorry you’re struggling so much right now. Isn’t it great we get a do-over daily!?! Flex really is a great plan to me. I’m at 22 pts, and I still have 20 FPs left over. It does get easier after you get the hang of things. I think planning my snacks help me too. I have a ff yogurt or other LP snack in the afternoon about 3, so I’m not too starving by dinner time. I think planning ahead has helped me the most. Good luck!

Dawny – Sorry you had a rough night! But, yippee!! I’m ready to celebrate! I know you will conquer that .5 tonight!!!! Great job!

Linda – Wow! Working from home will be a big change, for all of you! But, hopefully, one for the best. I would freak out if DH said he was going to be with me 24/7, but then we are still new at this and overcoming our space issues. Oopsy, on the gain. Time to turn this thing around! Remember your goal! I would say that DH being home probably has something to do with things, since it changes your daily routines. You will find your balance again soon, I’m sure.

Great WI, Frog! You’re hopping right along! (hahaha, I couldn’t resist)

Well, I should have the pleasure of seeing for myself that the scale goes below 170 tonight! Based on my home scale last night, I expect to see at least a 1# loss this week. I’ve heard rumors that there are numbers in the 160’s, but I haven’t seen it in about 15 years! I was telling a friend today, that it still seems unreal that I’m where I am now. It’s still hard to look in the mirror and see myself for now, instead of then. I’m actually looking forward to summer clothes! I plan to go shopping in June, since I don’t have a single pair of shorts I can wear!

Well, have a great OP day, everyone! I’ll report my WI in the morning!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:03 PM   #85  

BTW - Why do gorillas have such big nostrils?

<Because they have big fingers!>

I love dum jokes!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:58 PM   #86  

Ok, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.5# down, that puts me below goal weight. Well Chuffed!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:23 PM   #87  

Thumbs up It's official!!! Dawny Rocks!!!!!

Way to go, Slim! I'm soooo proud of you!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #88  
Closed

Dawny.......totally awesome
You are quite an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!
Weigh (Way) to Go!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe "now" I'l be good.....how 'bout some hints to those of us struggling on what you eating plan day is like......if you don't mind of course
Save me from myself

Another Bad day for me.......started out good and then puff!! bam-0 stress filled and that was that for me!!! ughhhhhh

Linda - NO we cannot lose control but I am losing that battle too... and I am scared I start out SO good and by midday I mess up....
I have to, have to, have to regroup my thoughts. When I add up my points for the day is seems like such little food!!! for all those points.......I am so NOT a Flex Point fan.....Winning Points, maybe, Core easier but to restrictive for me......somebody..........help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The says (yet) again.......Do-OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG thank goodness I have a slew of 12 week journals and paper ones too.
Tell me, do you all journal. I know I do, but what's the use, by midday it's obsolete I'm hanging in there,not quite ready to throw the towel in yet!!!
So Dawny all you have is 20 points a day?????? yee - gads!!! if not how does it work, maybe I'll use your countrys' way....it OBVIOUSLY works !!!
Look forward to hearing from everyone.....have a great evening......
Let's try our best, ok.............LJ
Old 03-30-2005, 04:59 PM   #89  
Closed

P.S. Dawny Simply fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you lost what I lost.....only I went from 176 to 121 (55 lbs)

In one year I managed to regained 20 lbs and so.......here we go again.

YOu should be SO proud.............L.J.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #90  

LJ - You're flippin' out here! You remind me of when I drank caffiene this morning after an allergy med! Or maybe it's caused me to speed read! You say you like Winning Points? Flex is basically the same thing. Only we get to decide with we use 35 of our points. If you want, you could make your point range 20 - 25 each day, instead of having a minimum number. I rarely, if ever, eat a flat 22 (my target). Most days are 25 or 26. Then, I might have a day that is 30 and eat low the rest of the week.

Too little food? Do you have many fruits and veggies? For breakfast, I add tomato, onion, pepper, mushroom, to my eggs to make it a very filling meal w/ light toast and sugar free jam. Total is like 4 points. A 1/2 cup of mandarin oranges is only 1 point. 1 c Special K w/ milk is only 3 points.

Where do you think you are going wrong? Stressed out and grab a candy bar? Do you wait until the end of the day and find your tally is too high? I plan my menus weekly. I know what I'm having for dinner, which becomes tomorrow's lunch. I have 2 pt snacks at work with me.

If it's stress, how can you keep away from high point foods at that time? If it's in your desk or home, get rid of it!

Yep, I journal. I write down what I eat during the day as I eat it. That way, I know I have 9 points left for the day (Oh, and 20 FPs waiting for after WI ) So, I will have a 2 point yogurt for a snack, 6 pts of clam chowder, and maybe some popcorn or cookie or something later. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN.

If I can be of any help, I will be!
Oh - What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

<A stick.>

Last edited by Emerald; 03-30-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Closed Thread