Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Muse, I have to use a sleeping pill to sleep. It helps prevent night eating for me. You said you are going to doctor today. A prescribed sleeping pill may help you quite a bit.

Nancy, I admire your taking the time and effort to make such preparations for your meals. I think that makes you ahead of the ball game.

Last week's average was 1576 calories. Not great, not bad. Still need to be lower for weight loss though.

Today's goals:
1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:09 AM   #152  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Muse Today is a new day. Wishing you the best at the Dr. I hope they will be helpful. I can also relate to a lot of what you said.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1250 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

I can really relate to today's devotion.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 14

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Peter dressed for the dinner. His friends tried to tell him he shouldn't go, but he ignored them. He'd been doing great on his diet. He was in total control. He knew there would be wonderful and exotic food where he was going, but he could handle it. Too bad he forgot that when he got there. The temptation was too great for him. Before he realized what was happening, he was stuffed. In one day, he blew a couple of weeks of hard work. We can't afford to get cocky when we diet. Each day is a new struggle all its own. Ask God for daily help. Avoid situations where temptation prevails. The Lord will be sure to help you, whenever you let Him.

Today's thought: I will steer clear of calorie traps!
Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #153  

good morning! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #154  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all you fine chickies
Well WI was not as a happy moment as I would have liked. down .8 but this after I had reset my scale. 157.4 which is actually up from the end of the week. Guess the weekend caught up with me?????? I will be better next week I am sure.
WO had a farily decent one this morning did upper and lower body just 'cause LOL Tomorrow I wll be more focused. As a matter of fact I think I am going to look for some new variations on my regular routine.

muse, I know many of you may think this is just aweful but in WA state marijuanna is legal. I was not in favor of it passing in the state. But I have moved passed the stigma and now I use CBD cream for my arthritis and a tinture to help with sleep. It calms me, and makes the squirrls get off the wheel so to speak in my head so I can sleep. It is not for everyone and I am not using it to 'get high' just for pain management in conjuction with aleve. Not sure if this would hlep you sleep.

Ok enough said I have to scoot back to work see you all later

Old 10-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #155  

good afternoon! just had lunch. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:45 PM   #156  

Default October 2019

Hi!

Hope you had a productive, healthy weekend.

Yesterday, I did not bike or lift weights, but I did a lot of walking. I attended a cat show. It was really nice. I saw the Savitzky cats. Look them up on utube. Cat lovers, they will astonish and amuse you. I ate a tuna sub...that was really good. Weakness were some small candies (that add up) and a frappe. Today, I bought another tuna sub. Later I looked up the nutrition...too much fat. I need a good healthy recipe for tuna salad...

I lost my earlier entry and was only able to recover the first couple of lines. BooHOo.
Rachel, Nancy, Muse, you are not alone regarding insomnia. Glad to hear that some of you have found a solution.

Will do some exercise later.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:40 PM   #157  

good evening! i did have a happy and productive weekend. also got everything i needed to do today done.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1415 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
side salad w/bhf's ranch 150 calories
grilled salmon 350 calories
green beans 100 calories
1 sugar cookie 100 calories

Exercise:
~15 Minute Standing Cardio Strength w/5's
~11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's
~12 Minute Arms & Abs Circuit Walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:53 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

I hope Zallie is having a wonderful time in Portugal!

Jen, where are you? WE miss you!!!

Yesterday I took in 1300 calories. Didn't get enough veggies in.
Today's goals: Lift weights for lower body, veggies, fiber, stretching, 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:07 AM   #160  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

With the talk about insomnia, I wanted to share something. As I shared the other week, I wanted to stop taking Zantac for acid reflux/gerd. Previously, my Dr. recommended melatonin for some issues I was having with insomnia. But, I have always taken a very low dose. It seemed to help, but like I said it was a very low dose so probably not as helpful as it could be. So, with trying to come off of the Zantac, I am aware of studies that were done on melatonin for acid reflux/gerd. So based on my research I decided to try the melatonin as well as Life Extension Gastro Ease. So, I have been using this combo and I am doing well with the acid reflux/gerd. The study dose of melatonin for acid reflux/gerd is 6 mg. I have been taking 5 mg during the week and 6 mg on the weekend and sleeping very well. I do have to make sure that I go to be early enough and I am waking feeling so much more rested than prior to this change.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1415 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 15

Zechariah 4:6
Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, 'This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, +Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit,' saith the Lord of hosts.'

Curtis liked to think he could do everything on his own. He often told friends that he didn't need anybody else; he was fine all by himself. On those rare occasions when Curt was feeling down and in need of a friend's support, he usually found himself alone. Everyone figured he really didn't need anyone else, and so he was lonely. No matter how strong or powerful or talented we might be, we all need the support of friends. Our greatest friend is, of course, Jesus Christ. We need never feel alone when we have the Spirit of the Lord with us. Accept the helping hand of the Lord, and find out what real strength is all about.

Today's thought: Let me lose not only weight, but also false pride!
Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #161  

good morning! hope zallie is having a great time in portugal! miss seeing jendiet post! went for a power walk and ran some errands this morning. will have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #162  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default Everybody's beautiful, in their own way!!

Hello Everyone!
This is a long reply but other times I might only have time to write two lines, so I hope you will forgive me on those days for not answering you.
Thanks for your wonderful wonderful wunderbal messages. Some of your remedies I have tried, and others not yet, I should be working right now….but I wanted to say hello to this lovely group of people: YOU!!!

Thanks Nancy I got super strength CBD oil already but it didn’t help just made me more tired. But I might try it again. You are an inspiration. The scales might not say what you want but all your exercising and positivity is great to hear. WOW! You have already lost a lot of weight I see. I just am trying not to put any more on! You are always so positive.

Rachel Thanks to you too. 1576 calories, that’s not bad at all! We are living in a consumer society and it is an achievement to get this far and you have lost 18 lbs! Congrats!

Diana Thanks to you! Thanks for making me feel accepted. I love your thought ‘The more I turn down, the more my weight goes down!’ Joan Collins (do you know the British actress?) says that the best exercise is pushing the plate away when you have eaten enough. In summer 2018 I was feeling extremely down because of looking after older family members with so many illnesses, and felt I just didn’t want to get older. I went out to the supermarket and guess what? I found myself shopping next to Joan Collins (who was in a cross mood) and her husband. Her waist was so thin!!! And she was running around the supermarket getting this and that (I saw her buying canned sardines in oil!) She was energetic like a child, but she was 85 years old when I bumped into her! I queued behind her in the supermarket and smiled but didn’t say hello. I truly feel that bumping into her was a ‘spiritual coincidence’ because after that I stopped worrying about my age.

Ciecie Thanks to you as well. It’s good to know that other people understand, although I do not want to hear that you are suffering. I wish you success with all your power walking and activities, you are reliable and pragmatic. These are good qualities in anyone. I hope your journey goes well in life.

Teri Thank you so much for your comment! I loved reading about your cat show. It made me smile. I am very allergic to cats, but I used to have 7 cats when I was younger. I love them. I was going to the cat show with you mentally there. Sometimes I housesit and look after a friend’s pets. But these days I am ‘all work and no play’ and I am beginning to turn into Jack Nicholson at his typewriter, when I could be going to cat shows.

I had another bad night, and once I am up for an hour or two I start to worry about my family, and get angry about this and that….then time to get up!!! My dad also didn’t sleep last night, we are both insomniacs when the air quality isn’t good, or if there is fog, don’t ask me why, I don’t know the logic of it! Because I was tired forgot that my doctor’s appointment is tomorrow, but they don’t issue sleeping medication, I have asked at least 20 times in the past few years! But we will see what happens. I have made a list of the benefits of losing weight to inspire me as I am not at my best and my life is really stressful
So my motivations to lose weight are: to improve my asthma, to prevent cancer, diabetes and heart problems as I get older, to have more energy, live longer, and because I am very stubborn and if I choose to do something I do it and do it well. So I will put that up on a postcard and look at it when I can’ stop eating.
(and be a little more Joan Collins).

Last edited by Muse17; 10-15-2019 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #163  

good morning! will get ready to go to one of my favorite places for lunch today. will power walk to and home from lunch.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:52 PM   #164  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
Well guess the candy bar I craved yesterday and ate, came back to bite me in the red glaring number on the scale. UP 1.0 this am oopsie?? But it was so worth every bite
WO eh...upper body today, just same ole same ole....I gotta find some new moves for this old chick. Wonder fi you can boggie around the gym with weights LOL....or better yet do that on Throw back Thursday when they pipe in music from the 70's and 80's

Today just a normal day, and taco Tuesday...guess whats for dinner?
Muse, I wonder how Joan Collins really does that, push that plate away????I think it is a mirror trick LOL

More personals later

Old 10-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #165  

Default October 2019

Good Evening:

I did my exercise yesterday and today.
Diet okay except for frappe, donut and some chocolate. I ate only half of the frappe, but I finished it an hour and a half later...oh well. I tried.
I have a big bag of tootsie rolls, etc. to give out for Halloween. I have had it for a couple of weeks...AND I have not opened it...Two weeks to go..
Oh, I weighed in, am still at 3 pound wt. loss.

Muse: fun to run into a celeb.
Nancy: tacos on Tuesday sound great. Invite me over!
ON insomnia and other problems of aging...I sometimes buy supplements and then they sit on the shelf and I never try them. I am back into vitamin D again.
Closed Thread