Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #106  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Teri I buy the Yasso bars. I have been known to eat the whole box, which is 4. But I don't seem to have as many issues with these as I do with regular frozen desserts. https://yasso.com/

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1540 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

I don't understand Today's Thought on the devotion.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 9

Isaiah 26:4
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.

Lettuce! Celery! Low-fat cottage cheese! Yeesh! It never got any more interesting. The same old bland foods got tiresome after awhile. Debbie thought she would go crazy before long. She knew what she was doing was a good thing. She really wanted to lose weight. She wanted to look and feel great. Sometimes she didn't know whether it was going to pay off. She believed that God was happy with her desire to lose weight. She trusted that He would help her. Often, it was only the strength she received from trying to please God that kept her going. She was thankful that God gave her that kind of strength.

Today's thought: The only thing I'll give us is being fat!
Old 10-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #107  

teri, it sounds like you had a good time at the botanical garden. i went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will have breakfast in a few minutes.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:20 AM   #108  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI well I saw a bit of a drop today BUT, I moved my scale and reset it. I had been storing it on its side and that is when I notced my weight fluctuations (really wild) So I removed the batteries, and then placed it flat on the floor in my bathroom and not going to move it. It is in the way but I will have to work around. So 157.4 this am I thnk this may be more accurate although I am still finding it a bit high for the past two weeks. But I am going to keep an eye on it and ...you know this is my 're-boot' week. LOL

WO well did not up the arm weights today or legs. One of the gals I talk to there came over and joined me in the free weight area so I had to slow down a bit and work with her some, I don't mind I think it is great to get more women in that area, it can be intimatating when you see men over there. Granny I thought of you as we did a series of upper body weights and lower body. She started with 5#, and this was pushing her. for upper and lower. I started at 5# too back in Feb/March. I had to do baby steps to get to 10# per hand. Some exercises I don't see going much higher than 12# per hand but maybe bicept curls I can do 15# soon

Zallie I have never heard of an impossible burger, I do make balck bean burgers on occation
Rachel whoop whoop on your calories
Diana, Todays devotion hit me, hence my reboot LOL
Terri I wish we had a large botaincal garden near me but the closest is in Seattle and parking is a nightmare
Muse, I too work at a computer all day and I have to force myself to get up every few hours and walk for 10 minutes, it really does pay off
ciecie, speaking of walking...I bow down to the queen bee
Jen, kelijpa and all that I missed...thinking of you

Old 10-09-2019, 04:32 PM   #109  

nancylmrn, the queen bee thanks you! got home from power walking and running errands in a nearby community a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes. :d
Old 10-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #110  

Default October 2019

Hi!

Nancy: This botanical garden is a little far away (maybe 40 miles...)

Zallie: I tasted the impossible burger. It tasted like real meat. I liked it, but I think it is kind of expensive...like $8/pound?

Diana: I used to buy fudgcycles or fat free ice cream bars...I can't control myself....

GranNan: there's an alternative health center near here that occasionally give week long talks and serves free Mediterranean vegetarian food. I like going there, to buy a few supplements and get some ideas what to eat.

I biked today. I worked on creating goals/grocery shopping on my tablet. I made some ramen/zucchini/peppers/carrots/Indian sauce tonight. I am in the midst of exercise.

I feel kind of tired, thought I have not done anything vigorous. Oh, I tried a foot massage a relative brought over. You put your feet on it and it vibrates. I would think it would be good for circulation.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #111  

good night all! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #112  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (725 Calories)
salad w/rotisserie chicken & BHF ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
~15 Minute Cardio & Coordination Drills
~15 Minute Standing Cardio Strength w/5's
~11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's
~12 Minute Arms & Abs Circuit Walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-09-2019, 08:44 PM   #113  

good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes. busy day tomorrow!
Old 10-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi all

1114 cal today.
Pickleball 1.5 hours

Have not gotten enough sleep. Exhausted.

Nancy- I think it is cool you are helping women out at the gym. WTG! And love that you are moving higher on the weights. I get a workout from 15 lb curls.

Teri- I like to go to botanical gardens too. Maybe I will find one in Lisbon to visit.

Have to keep it short tonight.

Hi to everybody. Keep on fighting the good fight!.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:06 PM   #115  
Work in Progress

Nice job Zallie!!!! You know until you came on here I had never heard of pickle ball, and once I 'google it' I just cocked my head and went huh? it was like tennis, why had I never heard of this??? So thank you

Last edited by nancylmrn; 10-09-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:42 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Took in 1300 calories yesterday

today's goals: stretch, walk, lift leg weights, veggies, fiber, 1200-1400 calaories, 2 liters water.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #117  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I woke feeling bloated and swollen this morning. I decided to get on the scale and I was up. I know it was from the sodium in the rotisserie chicken. UGH!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday 1515 +
I am over the scale.

Have a Blessed day!

I love today's devotion. Lord, I need You and I should spend more time in prayer.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 10

James 5:13
Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.

Bill kept telling June to ask God for help. June couldn't quite bring herself to do it. Prayer was for weaklings. Only people who couldn't handle life prayed. June would rather struggle by on her own than rely on a crutch. False pride is a sad affliction. People who feel that they are strong enough to handle every situation of life only fool themselves. Everyone is weak at some point in her life. The truly strong person is the one who acknowledges her weakness and has the wisdom to turn to God for help.

Today's thought: More time in prayer means less time to eat!
Old 10-10-2019, 10:30 AM   #118  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all!
WI down .2 so 157.4 still a long ways from that low of 152.4 but working on it
WO upper body today LOL 5 exercises, 10 reps x2 then partial lower body

eating last night was good but did induldge in 2 glasses of wine with dinner. Tonight will be shrimp, breakfast today pineapple and 2 eggs (not together), lunch left over fajita mix, no tortilla, left over chicken with asian dipping sauce and if still hungry I finally made the chili last niight.

Good job Rachel on the calores you seem to be very consistant lately
Diana I am the queen of sodium retention so I do understand

Wonder where Jen is??? thinking of you
Granny I think you are going to do great with the weights the key is be consistant and measure a baseline....# lifted, reps lifted & exercise preformed...date it put it up for a few months then measure yoursefl again...you will be amazed at how much you imporove. Also measure your body parts. There is a good form to use on fitness blender they have a great word document to get you started.

back later gals
Old 10-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Afternoon 139.4 and I am delighted for the hold given yesterday where, even with 10.5 miles of walking, I only wound up with a 365 calorie deficit. A normal day is between 6 and 8 with 5 being aerobic walking*. I am sure the salt bounce may attack me tomorrow from eating out (I have had a delay in that one) and because Ms PF has not visited yet today.

*one of my conversations yesterday with the PT is no matter how fast and how hilly I walk it is hard to get my heartrate up into the aerobic zone. I have tried the intervals and that helps som but I can only walk so fast! She recommended I carry weight - so - I am going to load up a backpack. (Need free hands to walk dogs and, fortunately, my pack is very balanced to put weight on the hips)

Tomorrow will be "loud"- getting a new roof and since I work from home. Yay. Hail damage on a 16 year old roof so all I have to pay the is deductbie and the cost of "upgraded" shingles and warranty. Normally I am very careful with extending warranties but Certainteed is behind this one and it covers everything including labor for up to 25 years and lifetime on the shingles. Also wind damage up to 130mph vs standard 110. The upgrade is a slightly heavier architectural shingle. Wow we put 3 tab shingles on a similar roof in 1990 and it was 5K. This is an archiectural style roof. Steep and far more complext with similar SF and it is 14500 (before insurance). I was expecting it to be much more.

Zallie - I tried that burger and was beyond unimpressed. I find my homemade lentil burger to be far superior and have plenty of umami. I may experiment with a version with added mushrooms as well....The pickleball does seem intense. Great calories.

Diana - hope you get to feeling better. Sodium bloat sucks.

Nancy - You are moving in the right direction in many ways. I was just thinking I am getting enough exercises to put together a an electronic notebook with hyperlinks to various youtubes and a tracking sheet. I will look at that one. She is introducing a wide variety that we will be able to pick from and juggle!

Teri - when I retire next year I hope to be able to take advantage of all those kinds of things.

Rachel - agree - doing well that is a tight calorie range

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-10-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 04:42 PM   #120  

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie sansone before i left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes.
Closed Thread