Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3

Default Road to healthy lifestyle

I am sick and tired of dieting!!! My highest weight ever recorded was 242. How I hated seeing that number. I have lost weight over and over so many times. I probably lost over the years 200 pounds or more. A whole person. 20 pounds here, 30 pounds there. Over and over. All to gain it back and then some. Gain and lose is the game I’ve played for twenty years. I’ve lost count but always return back to the 200s. Can’t seem to ever stay in ONEderland. This past summer I suffered a digestive illness due to over medication of antibiotics unfortunately destroyed all my good bacteria. Obviously my immune system was weakened by excessive dieting and poor nutrition from not eating enough. During my recuperation I lost 13 pounds!!! Boy I was over the moon. I was Incredibly happy. Not the best way to lose it but I finally got back into the 190s. I was 192.4 and loving it. I had no appetite. I wasn’t hungry for the first two weeks after my recovery so I stayed in the 190s. I was able to slip on size 14s and wear happily. But the weight slowly crepted up to 195 and I didn’t care because I thought I got this because I was maintaining the 190s and eating whatever I want and was not gaining. Well my appetite and cravings returned and the weight ... boy did it ever. I am ashamed to say that in August I was 195 and today October 21 I am 217. How the heck did I gain all this weight back in three months!!! Easily junk food!!! I actually weigh more than when I was first sick in July and I was 207 then and I packed on more weight? Words cannot express my sorrow. But I know I can get this weight off AGAIN and be healthy. I am not doing anymore diets. I have to make a lifestyle change. I love love love junk food. Did I say I love junk food? I do so much. I want to change that. I know I can have it in moderation and should never say I will never eat this or that again. That is not realistic. I just can’t have any of it right now. I need to lose 50-60 pounds. I need to change my lifestyle and mind-sight and my relationship with food. I should weigh for my height of 5’3 117-143. I don’t want that anymore. I am not selling myself short but being real with myself I think I would struggle and I’m done struggling. I would like to see 155-160. So I am giving myself from October 21, 2019 through May 31, 2020 to change my lifestyle AND create habits and choices for a healthy lifestyle. I plan to journal everyday and be honest. I am open to suggestions and tips.

My stats...
52 year African American female
Height 5’3
Weight 217
Measurements: 40/35/44 (size 16)

Goal by June 1, 2020
Weight 165
Measurements: 36/30/40 (size 10/12)

I think these are realistic goals. As the changes are being made I know I will need to adjust my goals.

My plan for a healthy lifestyle is to eat clean and very little processed foods as best as I can. Exercise is a must for a healthy lifestyle. Lots of water water water.

I will need all the help and encouragement from this site. I just can’t do this to myself anymore. I am a new grandmother aka “Mimi” and my new baby girl needs a healthy grandmother. My husband and children need a healthy wife and mother. I’ve been fortunate. No high blood pressure or diabetes yet. Although I feel it in my bones. Back and knees ache from the weight. I am otherwise healthy so I need to get it done before I’m afflicted with diabetes or high blood pressure.

I will do my best to post daily and not go MIA.

Thanks in advance. The best is yet to come.

Last edited by mom2gbsb; 10-21-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Typo
mom2gbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Mom2gbsb! Welcome back to 3FC. Your story is similar to so many others. It is a constant battle to lose weight and even harder to keep it off. There is no magic. What works for one may not work for you. Eating clean and exercise is where you start then do the tweaking that suits your lifestyle. Find something you can do the rest of your life. If you diet down to your ideal weight and go back to your old way of eating you will go back to your old weight. I am looking forward to following along with you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #3  

Wannabehealthy...you are exactly right!! Thank you so much. Please follow my journal and I welcome the tips. It will take a village to get me to goal and my new healthy lifestyle.
I will post my daily menu and exercise regimen. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #4  

Monday October 21, 2019 meals
Day 1
Breakfast - so yummy and filling
oatmeal with cinnamon and baked apples with walnuts

Lunch delicious
chicken with baby carrots and zucchini

Snack - awesome yummy snack
brown rice cake with peanut butter and banana

Dinner - I gave in on day 1. I made this fabulous baked ziti for Sunday dinner. I ate leftovers instead of my planned meal of chicken and veggies. It is a process and I am being honest. Self sabotage on day 1. But pushing forward.

Exercise NONE. I had a long day and I was exhausted and went to bed by 930pm.

Last edited by mom2gbsb; 10-22-2019 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Duplicate text
Old 10-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #5  

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - Day 2
Breakfast - oatmeal with cinnamon and baked apples with walnuts
Lunch chicken with baby carrots and zucchini
Snack - brown rice cake with peanut butter and banana
Dinner - chicken with baby carrots and zucchini
Snack - 1/2 Panera double chocolate cookie. It was not great, therefore, I declined to finish. That is progress. LOL
Exercise NONE
Old 10-24-2019, 03:35 PM   #6  

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - Day 3
Breakfast - oatmeal with cinnamon and baked apples with walnuts
Lunch chicken with baby carrots and zucchini
Snack - brown rice cake with peanut butter and banana
Dinner - skipped. Not intentionally, but I snacked on Doritos - not good.
Exercise NONE
Old 11-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #7  
banned

I'm only starting with healthy lifestyle...
try to find healthy recipes...
I like this one - vegan blueberry mug cake
Yammy and easy to prepare)
JasseJackson is offline   Reply With Quote