Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 05:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Hello Diana
all my friends here
and hello every BODY, let's try to cherish our bodies

LET'S GET Healthy!!
I was away for a few days having a break but I am back as of tomorrow,
My ongoing goals for October:
1. to do little things to be happy and well physically, emotionally, and deal better with life’s problems.
2. Eat three moderate balanced meals per day, & two planned measured snacks.
3. Do some kind of moderate physical activity.
4. Don't expect to be perfect.

My goals are modest but very hard to stick to in real life! (I might not have time to write very long every day). Good luck everybody!

Last edited by Muse17; 10-05-2019 at 06:00 PM. Reason: computer not working..
Old 10-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #62  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I took my friend to lunch for her birthday. We had a hodge podge of food.

Grannynancy Do you need to take anything now? Did you drink lemon juice?

Total Approx 1500 calories +

Breakfast 240 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit
siggis strawberry yogurt 110 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
fruit 70 calories

Lunch 760 calories
1 small piece of bread 100 calories
2 coconut fried shrimp 160 calories
1 piece of steak quesadilla 200 caloires
1 steak taco 300 calories

Dinner 590 calories
fritatta made with
2 eggs 140 calories
veggies 200 calories
cheese 50 calories
watermelon 200 calories

Exercise
I didn't get a formal workout in. But my friend and I went to lunch and did some shopping for her birthday. I think we went through every store in the whole mall. I have my 10,000 steps and 5 miles

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-06-2019, 06:56 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Muse, I think your October objectives (goals) are GREAT!.

I took in 1180 calories yesterday. Did not get any exercise in. Not doing so well in that area.

Today's goals:
1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:04 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 188.4/154.2/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! I did not go for a walk yesterday. Having trouble finding time for myself. Maybe this evening on the treadmill since they are giving rain today.

I am usually an every day weigher but am thinking with each little loss I mentally give myself a free pass to snack a little. I am thinking maybe if I only weigh once a week and just stick to my plan I may do better. Have any of you noticed a difference with how often you weigh?
Old 10-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #65  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1500 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 6

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Kip was amazed at how easily he took the stairs. When his kids had begged him to climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty with them, he had squirmed. He remembered what a labor it had been when he was fat. He knew that he never would have made it before. Instead of a painful trauma, he found the climb a relative breeze. Thank God he had been able to lose the weight. It was the best move he ever made. It had been tough, but Kip had relied heavily on God to help him out. While he had been dieting, he had needed God's strength. Now that he was thin, God let him use his own strength once again.

Today's thought: Food gives us temporary strength. God gives us strength forever!
Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #66  

good morning! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. had breakfast. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:15 PM   #67  

Default October 2019

Hi!

Hope you are having a good day!

I did all my exercises last night and I bike this am. I must say having a stability ball is very helpful. I sit on it while I watch tv and do exercises and lift weights and pet my cat. If I do this for a few months and will be able to get up and down from the ball with just the muscles of my legs...and it is really good for your back. My kitty is kind of squirrelly. He likes to be pet, but he also likes to be just out of reach. Sitting on a ball brings me closer to his level.

I am eating too much light ice cream. Oh well...at least it is light. I have been drinking golden milk regularly. I think the spices are good for me.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:54 PM   #68  

good afternoon! power walked to and home from lunch. ran an errand on the way home. got some things done around the house. will go for another power walk in a few minutes.
Old 10-06-2019, 03:23 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good afternoon 140.4 this am (another small drop) and staying on plan with yesterday being a deficit of 587 calories. Today is on target as well.

Did my weight training and have in 12,000 steps so far with about 5000 more to go today but even if I only do 2500 (about 1 mile) I should make the goal.

Teri - I just got a 75 cm ball (I have a 55 and figure a 65 would also not hurt) and am going to be using it as my office chair. I am doing some of my weight trainings on the ball and it is all good.

Linewife - for me, I have to weigh every day and then log and keep my food and exercise that way. We are all different but to me it is actually kind of liberating. I am starting to slide back into the compliance thing. I am letting myself eat more as long as I keep the 500 calorie deficit but, knowing the calories of what I eat serves as a brake to me of "is it worth it" .... I do NOT want to ever use food as a reward for anything though
Old 10-06-2019, 05:04 PM   #70  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
WI up .6 again so a high now of 158.0
However I have just did my meal planing for the week and prep work so I am back on target to get 'back to basics' this week. All my temptation foods and drinks will be gone by this evening so starting Monday on a fresh note. I am thinking in my head this is a 'reboot' I find I have to mentally in the game to be a success and not just go through the motions.

I am going to make a pot of 0 point chili tomorrow, today I am cooking the dried beans. I really don't like the canned ones. And I am smoking some hatch, anaheim, green, red and hatch peppers to add to the chili for that extra smoky flavor.

I also made some fresh pasta (1 serv 3 pts) with my own 1 pt alfredo sauce then will be adding a lot of steamed broccoli so this will also be some of my lunch for this week. It really does not take long to make my own pasta using the food processor and I have a pasta machine that you put on your counter top. From start to finish --that is making the dough, rolling it out, cutting it into fettecine sizes and cooking I can get done in less than 30 minutes. This is for a cup of fresh pasta. The recipe makes two cups but I can freeze the second batch.

Granny congrats on getting back into the swing of things and the drop, like you I do have to weigh most days or I go internal mentally scared because I know I messed up...this keeps me accountable.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #71  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1455 calories

Breakfast 240 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit
siggis strawberry yogurt 110 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
fruit 70 calories

Lunch 600
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 600 calories

Dinner 615 calories
Amy's mushroom risotto 240 calories
chicken tenderloins 225 calories
pineapple chunks 150 calories

Exercise
40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-07-2019, 03:39 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi

Scared to weigh.
Attended a wedding this weekend and cooked for a brunch. Ate too much and did not try to log.
As a result I am up and don't want to see it

Yes I know this is not good behavior.
Will not lose this way

Grannynancy- loved the links. Especially the stretches. Some were new to me. If I stand back against the wall and keep my arms against the wall and raise them so them into a "u" so my upper arms are parallel to the floor and my hands up, my left hand cannot touch the wall, but my right can. It is that and the towel stretch behind the back that is painful, plus I can't raise my left atm as far up as my right, just straight up. Thank goodness it is not my right as I would be in big trouble with racquet sports. Way to get back to basics with your diet and exercise

Teri - doing swiss ball exercises are really good . Super that you are doing them.

Rachel-wsy to go on that eating!

I am totally stressed that I have not planned out my trip to Portugal and my friend is relying on me to do so, do woke up 3 am to do it and am procrastinating by writing this. We leave Friday. Yikes!

So this is all I am writing.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:03 AM   #73  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Good morning every BODY!
Hello there Rachel, nice to see you here! I am glad you like my modest goals that are hard to acheive!
Let's be kind to our bodies and our minds today and every day
I don't believe that BMI should be adhered to religiously, but on the other hand if think the BMI range can help people
to know if they are dieting for too long, or if like me they are obese.
Actually I think if there was no BMI I probably would think I am just middle-aged and chubby and not diet at all. In my youth I was definitely underweight, even though my BMI was around 20.3, I know I was underweight because nurses put down that I was annorexic in my medical notes. I wasn't annorexic but I was insecure about my weight, always obsessing over food, and feeling the cold more than everyone else in the room, getting depressed and cranky from lack of nutrients etc.. but there was no BMI around at the time. So anyway I guess I need to rely on 'common sense' , my doctor has never told me to lose weight, in fact when I went to the doctor several times for help they said I didn't weigh enough to qualify for help on our NHS service. But I know I am overweight as moving in certain positions is getting harder. I can't do the yoga I used to do! Too much fat in the way.
Yesterday didn't go as well as I wanted.
I was pleased to be active with plenty of housework and a long walk.
Eating went well until around 4pm when I lost control in the supermarket and when there was no fat free yogurt on the shelf, ended up buying my favourite delicious yogurt that was half price....
what I could have done better, got the nice yogurt but a 125g tub, not the 450g tub that I ate all of.

I also found not eating as much made me edgy and I couldn't sleep until 4 am so I ended up getting up in the night and having a nice cup of cocoa and a banana to send me back to sleep, would have been better to have those before going to bed so I got more sleep!
Today same three modest balanced meals, 2 measured snacks, some physical activity, address life's problems better so I don't resort to food.
have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Muse17; 10-07-2019 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:37 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Zallie, wow on Portugal!! When do you go?

My weekly average was 1462. Not bad.

Today's goals: walk, lift weights for lower body, veggies, fiber, 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:12 AM   #75  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1455 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 7

Hebrews 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Darren felt bad withdrawing from the group, but he had to. The other three men kept cheating on their diets, and that was no help at all. Each time they gave in to temptation, Darren asked himself why he tried so hard when everyone else quit. Darren needed strength and support, not more temptation. At least on his own he stood a fighting chance. Darren prayed for guidance. Dieting was hard enough without other people making it harder. We need to attach ourselves to those who are serious and committed to losing weight. God will help us have all the strength we need to keep on our diets.

Today's thought: The weight that I've lost, was of minimal cost!
Closed Thread