Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 09:27 AM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1465 +
Weigh In: 187.4
Down: .6 for the week

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 12

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Corey had to admit that his friends were making better progress than he was. He just wasn't disciplined enough. His friends didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble with discipline. When he asked them why, they all just grinned and told him to pray about it. Finally, it dawned on him what they were talking about. Corey wasn't much of a Christian, but he wasn't stupid, either. His friends obviously had something he needed and wanted. If God could do so much to help them, then Corey believed He would do it for him, also. By receiving the truth of Christ, Corey was given all the strength needed to succeed in his diet.

Today's thought: God is ready to help me lose weight!
Old 10-12-2019, 10:13 AM   #137  

good morning! slept in this morning. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #138  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
Well WI up .4 157.2 but we also ate out last night and had 2 adult beverages so I am sure the sodium got me.
WO not much going to happen today unless I figure out how to get some walking in

Diana wow what a nightmare for you. I just hope no one was seriously hurt
Rachel thank you for sharing your meals I love reading what others eat

Today I don't even have my meals planned so I am kinda in limbo. We are suppose to leave here in 15 min and I am no where near ready LOL

Back later
Old 10-12-2019, 11:57 AM   #139  

good morning again! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will power walk and run errands on my way to lunch in a few minutes.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #140  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

Total Approx 1810 Calories + (way too many calories)

Breakfast 240 Calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit sweetener
chia seeds 60 calories
siggi's strawberry yogurt 110 calories
cherries berries blend fruit 70 calories

Lunch 470 calories
chick-fil-s market salad w/BHF's ranch 420 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

snack 100 calories
watermelon 100 calories

Dinner 1000 calories
before dinner I had bought DH some single serve bags of mixed nuts and I ate them. So I can't buy those anymore. 400 calories
homemade vegetable beef soup 300 calories
1/3 of a single piece of cake 300 calories

Exercise:
No workout to report. I am starting a new project, LOL. DH and I have been married for going on 31 years. I have saved all of our records for all of these years. I have stored them in a closet at the house. Today I took out all the boxes of records that I am going to shred. I took them to the shop and started that process. I am starting to have flashbacks to when I shredded 50+ years of my parents stuff. My plan this week is to work on it but try to get at least a 30 minute workout each day. Tomorrow is church, I need to pick up groceries for a lady at church, who is home bound and my Aunt is in the hospital. I also plan to go see her for a few minutes. (that's probably all the time I will have, LOL) So, I doubt I will get a workout in but I will be moving all day. Sometimes that's all we can do.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:08 PM   #141  
Work in Progress

Diana it sounds like you have a solid plan.....as for the shredding ...hmm have you thought of taking the documents to say Office Depot and paying to have them shredded by the pound????

Today was a series of poor choices but tomorrow is another day so will see the gain on Sun or Mon....sheesh that is my life but it could have been worse!!!

night to all
Old 10-12-2019, 11:31 PM   #142  

good night all! took advantage of the weather today and went for several power walks. got everything i needed today done.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:51 AM   #143  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default Keep going

Hello Ciecie, Diana, the Nancies, Rachel, Zallie, and all you healthy people

I wasn't here because of my severe insomnia for a few days and was dealing with a dozen crises at the same time.
This is being accountable for my mishaps!

I had an apple turnover yesterday and lots of crispbreads and apricot jam...getting back into old habits as I love eating so much and find it so comforting.
But I slept well last night so today back to my plan. Three moderate meals, two measured snacks and some kind of sustained activity even if it's a long walk and housework. I don't know why but I always feel it's OK to eat and sleep on Sundays but I need to eat a bit less and do a bit more. Just remembered there is a dance group I can go to.
Keep going everyone. I am not losing much weight but being here stops me from putting it on and I have already mostly broken through my diet-binge pattern now thanks to writing here. Thank you Diana and everyone for being here.

Last edited by Muse17; 10-13-2019 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 10-13-2019, 06:05 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Muse, So sorry about that period of insomnia you experienced. Sounds miserable. I find it helpful, also, to be accountable here, even though it's not always fun to be accountable. But, being on this site, I believe, has helped me from gaining significant amount of weight back.

Facing the music this morning again as I took in around 2000 calories. Maybe more? We had company and pizza last night plus I made higher calorie choices throughout the day. Just did not plan well plus gave in to cravings. I see where my downfalls were. Will try again on this new day.

Today's goals:
1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

nancylmrn You know, I would totally recommend what you said to others. But I always feel that I have to suffer through stuff, LOL. I am going to check prices and see what's available. Thank you!

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 187.4
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Thank you for the reminder!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 13

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Grace was surprised. The hostess had offered her dessert and she had declined without even the slightest pang of remorse. Dessert had always been Grace's favorite type of food. Giving up dessert had been the worst part of her diet. Now, though, she found that she had declined without really caring. What a breakthrough! She felt she had a fighting chance. She had resisted temptation so long that it wasn't tempting any longer. Grace felt stronger than at any other point in her diet. Thank God. She was going to make it, after all!

Today's thought: The more I turn down, the more my weight goes down!
Old 10-13-2019, 08:09 AM   #146  

muse so sorry about the insomnia. we've all gone through periods where we can't sleep nights due to stress. will be going for a power walk and to run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #147  
Work in Progress

Good morning /afternoon to all
WI same as yesterday which is a shocker, I added up my points....58!!!!! Yes I was accountable an entire series of poor choices all day plus no activity, I chose to take a nap instead.

Today I have prepped as much as I can for the coming weeks meals, but need to make a trip to the grocery store to finish the prep work....veggies all chopped for stir fry, asian chicken and my home made pasta and broccoli . Eggs hard boiled and melon balls made. Lunches will be leftovers from the night before, I am making sure there is plenty

muse I hate it when I have insomnia it really messes with me. during the week I only average about 6 hours a sleep, so hence the nap on the weekend. I know when my sleep is messed up I tend not to lose any weight. Also believe it or not adult beverages make me sleepy but not stay asleep so I have really been trying to avoid them(and this really is hard for me!)

hey chicks got to run right now but back later tonight....
Old 10-13-2019, 02:09 PM   #148  

good afternoon! power walked to and home from lunch. ran errands both ways. will do some things around the house and then go for another power walk.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:37 PM   #149  
Trying to live below 200

HI Everyone!

My Aunt was released from the hospital so I was able to get a workout in after all.

Total Approx 1250 Calories + (that's much better)

Breakfast 240 Calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit sweetener
chia seeds 60 calories
siggi's strawberry yogurt 110 calories
cherries berries blend fruit 70 calories

At church, I worked in children's church and I had a snack 90 calories
small rice crispy bar w/M&M's 90 calories

Lunch 480 calories
1/2 Asian Sesame salad w/grilled chicken 210 calories
chicken & wild rice soup 210 calories
fruit cup 60 calories

Dinner 440 calories
fritatta made with:
2 eggs 140 calories
lots of veggies 150 calories
shredded cheese 50 calories
yasso yogurt bar 100 calories

Exercise:
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-14-2019, 04:38 AM   #150  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default Another day, another week

Hello everyone
Thanks Rachel, Nancy, Ciecie,for your kind messages and to Diana for this thread and everyone I forgot!
I have chronic insomnia, partly because I am not well at night due to allergies and pollution. But the last two nights I slept better from having St John's Wort tincture before bed, and it relaxes me better than anything else I tried. When I wake up during the night now I make a 'nest' in the living room and don't turn the lights on or do anything until I go back to sleep.
BUT... maybe it was the full moon yesterday, but I found myself compulsive eating again. I think what I really needed was another nap or to release my bad moods from doing some music or something, but instead I ate around 500 calories worth of meringue with yoghurt and strawberries and more later.
Today will start again, tomorrow am seeing doctor again about my poor health at night. I used to have some really good friends I could say anything to, but I lost them for one reason or another. My work and eating obsessions are legal and are socially acceptable,they give me reliable ways of feeling good, and everyone is doing it, but they are not healthy for me. I have friends who I look after but I don't enjoy being with them.
Sorry this is very self-centered!
I wish all of you a good journey through life and to healthier choices. I will try harder today and will try to find new friends if I can.

Last edited by Muse17; 10-14-2019 at 04:41 AM.
Closed Thread