Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 07:41 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Granny, Yes, the battle is real. We need you; so glad to see you. Praying for encouragement for you . Like I said, we NEED you!!! You are a stable influence for us. You are honest and straightforward about the battle; that helps us to be too.

I made some higher calorie choices yesterday so took in 1775.

Today's goals:
No formal exercise is planned due to schedule today, veggies, fiber,1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water
Old 10-03-2019, 08:09 AM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Granny Welcome back! The struggle is real, I agree. Hang in there.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 3

Job 17:9
The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Mort juggled his folder of papers, his coffee, and his sweet roll. It seemed as though Mort couldn't go anywhere without his hands full of food. Even now, as he rushed toward an important meeting, he fed his face. As he rounded the corner, a great gust of wind took him by surprise, ripping the folder from his hands. The sheets of his report flew off in many directions as he watched helplessly, sweet roll in hand. Looking at the messy roll clutched in his fingers, he silently swore to cut out all the snacks. Not only were they ruining his body, but now they jeopardized his job. It just wasn't worth it.

Today's thought: I don't want my greatest skill to be my ability to eat!
Old 10-03-2019, 09:21 AM   #33  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!
151.4 this morning

Got in some exercises and steps yesterday. It was league bowling day yesterday. I don’t eat what they put out, training from the snack area at work grossing me out, so that helps.

GrannyNancy this is all part of the learning experience, you’re doing great getting right back to your plan that works for you. I just recently had to relearn that I am not cured. It’s good to feel the gain right away. In the past I would gain it all back before restarting.

A guy on WW has this free cookbook download, he posted a video the other day about it again. I have made some of his recipes, like low point hummus. The nutritional information is in the back of the book so if you’re not doing WW you can see if the nutritional information fits into your plan. He asked us to share, so here’s the link.

https://www.theguiltfreegourmet.net/

Hope everyone is doing well

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-03-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:33 AM   #34  

Default October 2019

Good Morning!

Good to see you back Gran Nan.
Keli: Did you ever see that Cohen Brothers movie about bowling. Dont' recall the name, only remember it was funny.

I did the requisite exercises.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi

141.0 today, down a little
But don't deserve it.
Been exercising fine, but eating has been up and down.
Had another bad binge day on Tuesday and fighting the urge today too. Not sure I will hold out.

Jen- Hi! Yes still playing pickleball.

Nancy- you will get back down there. And I too adore your sense of humor.

Rachel- that gain is a surprise as it seems you have been doing well. Could it be muscle? Or temporary water.

Teri- way to go on the exercising!

Grannynancy- if anybody knows what to do it is you! Sorry about your rotator cuff, I have a shoulder issue too. Cortisone shot last week though did not help and PT do far hasn't. Mine is lack of full range of motion, as opposed to weakness. What are your symptoms? If you find an exercise that helps, I am all ears.

Ciecie- way to keep moving!

Diana- thanks for keeping us all going.

Kelijpa- you can do this, girl! If you dud it before you can do it again.

I so want to see the 130's.
But then again, I so want to eat pizza....
Not sure what will win out today.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #36  

good afternoon! did 2 miles leslie sansone before i left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:42 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I made a bad choice today. At dinner tonight, I had a coupon for a free appetizer. At the time, my mind was saying that it was free, so it was OK. I guess free food is calorie free. It's funny how our brain works and manipulates us.

Total Approx 1915 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (1100 Calories)
jalapeno popper thingy's w/ranch 400 calories
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
3 miles w/Jessica Smith
30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 10-03-2019, 09:55 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Granny, you caught yourself and that is what matters...wasn't your bottom line 136? You only strayed 9 lbs...you are amazing.

Rachel, that is probably maintenance for you, so not too bad

Zallie, it's all deserved, you work hard.

Keli, you are still doing great, you didn't have a free for all.

Diana, I get you. Enjoy the treat day/refeed and get back on track

Terri, goal setting helps.

ciecie, you are so steady. I forgot where did you come from in your weight loss journey?

So today 183.2 but I did hit the salt hard yesterday.

I almost did OMAD but by lunch I was starving and ate some steak ..(I was preparing dinner)

For dinner, I ate steak, rice, spinach but I got a hold of Hawaiian rolls too and ate 2 of the mini ones..I was carb hungry today. Totally irritated about everything (hormones) probably 3 days away from TOM. THE PAIN in my left ovary finally subsided so might be sooner than normal..pretty sure that was a cyst.

I work this weekend, so looking forward to tomorrow... hopefully it will be a day I can really relax...

Last edited by jendiet; 10-03-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #39  

diana, all of us make mistakes. you'll do better tomorrow. went for a power walk before supper tonight and ran errands. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:33 PM   #40  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Ok so late to the party today, sheesh I let life get in my way....<head thump> what was I thinking????
WI nope didn't do it, could not face the scale after being up so much this last week
WO...same ole same ole...but did break out of my shell again and introduce myself to another regular gym gal...so now my little smile/wave/hello/how was your workout circle is up to 5...that is big for me

Work is still a challenge this time of year so my time is so limited to post...forgive me, I read everyone's post though and even think up clever/witty responses only to get pulled away and forget what I thought...darn this old age...some days the brain works others eh not so much

Diana there are no bad choices only bad timing....

hugs to everyone and hope to send personal words tomorrow....btw Rachel you are doing so awesome

Old 10-03-2019, 11:13 PM   #41  

just finished watching l&o: svu. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:01 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, thank you! You are the one doing so awesomely with your work outs! You go, girl . Also neat you are getting to know more people at the gym

Zallie, You seem to be doing really well with your weight loss . Way to go!!! My gain was a surprise to me as well. I had not weighed in in a long time!! I don't like weighing in so I let it go for quite awhile.....at least 4-5 weeks. I'm at 150 right now so want to get back into the 140's soon . Moving on......

Yesterday I took in 1700 calories. Too high for weight loss for me.

Today's goals: 1200-1400 calories, 2 liters water, veggies.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:05 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 142.2, nice drop certainly the initial "water whoosh" but yesterday while I was not 100% on I tracked calories and made sure I was 500 under for the day. That is today's goal meaning I need to get in some of that walk NOW because I was walking yesterday in the heat. I am writing down my fitness goals on an index card and checking them off as I go

No not an exact science but between making sure I eat the "right" foods first and then double checking calories and adjusting seems to be where I am most sucessfull.

For the Personal Training - this is what I am doing this week./ it will change week to weekZallie - my issue is more of pain when I reach up and forward (for example getting something out of a cabinet) I actually have decent range of motion which is why I though biceps tear but several have told me working on shoulder strength will help. The qigon warm up REALLY feels good. Another one that was added to it ina tai chi class was doing windmills with each arm.

Rachel, Kelijpa , Jen- Yes this mainteance thing is no joke. It is very easy to pop up and it does not take stuffing your face with bad stuff. Just a little here and there. If I don't log it I did not eat it and if I don't weight I don't gain weight. Kind of magical thinking I think. Both daily habits will need to stay with me to work long term. About 10 years ago I lost 60lbs and something happened (like with DDs MS diagnosis) and poof, I went off the rails and gained it all back and more. This time I can't afford to do that.

Jen, actually I was as low as 132 but was actually maintaining in that 132-136 band........

Kelijpa - checking out the cookbook which looks good I also use these a good bit.https://katiesbrightkitchen.com/

Teri -like your postits I like my quadrille rulled index cards. I use them for most everything

Diana - was thinking about your comment and how stress derails most of us. Certainly a place for stuffing ourselves with prayer and reflection instead of food. I guess our entire time on this earth is a work in progress.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-04-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 AM   #44  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I am grateful for the support from everyone here. Today is a new day to try again.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1915
I decided to weigh, but not post. I am up 2 pounds of water weight. I did drink a lot of water before bed since the appetizer made me so thirsty. Back at it today. But it amazes me that there are people who eat like that every day. I would be as big as a house. Anyways, that's my problem, I can't do it, moving on.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 4

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Sam remembered the POW camp he had spent six years in. Whenever he began to feel sorry for himself as he dieted, he remembered the time in his life when he really had something to be upset about. Dieting was nothing compared to what he had suffered. It humbled him a little. He gained great strength from the memory. God had gotten him through the war, so he knew God could get him through the diet. As long as he had the memory of all he had come through before, he knew he could make it through anything else that came his way.

Today's thought: God brings me through every situation, whether large or small.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-04-2019 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:51 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 188.4/154.2/135

Hi! I want to reintroduce myself. It has been a while since I have used this site. My current weight loss endeavor started this past April. I am down around 30 lbs which is great! Ofcourse as I get closer to my goal things are becoming harder and maybe I have wearied with the journey and got a bit sloppy...anyway I appreciate your daily posts and find them inspiring! Planning to stick to my eating plan and begin walking again. It worked in the beginning so back to the basics I guess!
Closed Thread