Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #286  

Default October 2019

Good Morning!

Hope you all are doing great.

Rachel: When my cat was a kitten, my sister fed my cat dog food, I think she let him lick what was in a pan with a little water. But dog food is really not good for cats. Now they say no grains for cats...Now my cat thinks he is a dog and wants to be fed with them, sleep with them. Both dogs are picky eaters and you have to coax them to eat...like heating up food or adding beef, etc.

Diana: I never heard of the word muscle memory, but I do think you are on track. I am very much effected by how I feel, how my body feels....how my stomach feels....how my stomach FEELS....

EXERCISE: I finally did cardio at noon yesterday, and I did weights last night...I keep delaying these things, so maybe I am only doing them 5x/week. But that is GREAT to me. I am definitely in a better place than a month ago.

DIET: DIET was okay except for frappe and a few cookies (all gone). I drank half the frappe at once and half 5-6 hours later. When I can delay graitifcation...bravo to me.

OTHER: I took care of the seeds. It took all evening...I rearranged some furniture and sorted some stuff.

TODO: I have so much to do...Must get to work...
Old 10-26-2019, 12:52 PM   #287  

good afternoon! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #288  

S/C/G: S196/C193/G154

Height: 5 ft. 6 inches

Default Hello!

Hello everyone
I just caught up with all your posts and your daily struggles and triumphs.
I am not being accountable daily!
This week has been pretty rough emotionally trying to get my sanity back after a couple of years of relentless stress without any kind of a break. So trying to tell myself what I should do and shouldn't do is really not helpful to my mental wellbeing right now, that includes eating and activities.
I haven't been monitoring what I eat or do. So I have been eating more but no binges and some days I have been in all day and other days walking all day. I am being my own therapist by cutting myself off from everyone and doing what I can to get other people to cover responsibilities. It's all very complicated. Anyway sorry to just talk about me. I am feeling so much better from cutting myself off from everything and telling everyone I simply cannot cope with the pressures, so my therapy is working.
Tomorrow will try not to eat too much and will take some exercise. Also will eat very slowly. This may help me feel full without wanting a second helping!
Good luck everyone. It's cold and dark here, hope you are all safe.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:58 PM   #289  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Muse I'm sorry about the stress you have been under.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:01 PM   #290  
Trying to live below 200

Nancy It's hard, but we can't give up. Praying for you and our check-in buddies.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-26-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:16 PM   #291  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I talked with my friend from church about my binge issues. I don't normally talk with outsiders about this problem that I have. I might also share my struggles with my Pastor and or his wife, Ms. Connie. DH and I had to eat dinner out. I had some coupons for 2 free meals at a place. That's where we ate.

Total Approx 1490 Calories +

Breakfast 180 Calories +
coffee w/cream & monk fruit
Organic Fuel Coffee 180 calories

Lunch 420 calories
Chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 420 calories

Dinner 890 calories
Grilled chicken sandwich w/honey mustard, lettuce, tomato 350 calories
small french fries 240 calories
shared ice cream dessert 300 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-26-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:40 PM   #292  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

oh man chickies this wagon just keeps on driving forward and I am hanging on by my fingernails
I was great up until the shopping was over and went home to DH. where we went out and had bad food and 2 beers.....what is wrong with me???
anyway so my plan is instead of snacking in the evening I am trying to set myself up for success by getting my painting set up to do while I watch hulu/netflex/hbo etc. in the evenings. I just need to keep my brain and hands engaged.

my DS and I were brainstorming and she thinks I should put on one of my rocks I am not fat I am puffy (today) with a puffer fish possibly? the I am not fat I am fluffy has been over used LOL...just throwing some creative goo out there
Old 10-26-2019, 10:48 PM   #293  

good night all! power walked to and home from lunch. ran errands on the way to and home from lunch. did some things after i got home from lunch. power walked to a local mini market to get a slice of pizza for supper. power walked home and put it in the fridge. bagged up my dad's jackets and coats. put two of the bags in my cart and power walked to church. put the bags in the ub heals box. ub stands for university of buffalo. my dad was an alumni of university of buffalo's school of business. one of the members of my church is a student at the school of medicine at the university of buffalo and is very active in ub heals. ub heals collects coats and jackets for the poor and needy. i'll take the other two bags up tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:55 AM   #294  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Ciecie, your Dad's coats will be put to good use I'm sure. Great idea.

Teri, you are right in that dog food is not good for cats on a long-term basis. Cats need something called Taurine, which is in cat food, but not dog food.

Muse, glad to see you! Thanks for sharing what's been going on with you. Hope you can just let your hair down with us chickies and not feel pressured about anything!

Nancy, It looks like most of us are struggling right now with keeping on our plans for weight loss. You aren't alone. Let's not be hard on ourselves.

Miss you Zallie, Granny and Jen. I hope things are okay?

I chose unwisely yesterday and gave in to fattening foods. My calorie count was maybe up to 2000, maybe a bit lower. I did get some weights lifted. Scrabble with my cousin and mother-in-law is scheduled for after church today so no exercise planned today and may allow myself about 1500 calories.

Today's goals:
1200-1500 calories today, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 10-27-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:24 AM   #295  

good morning! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-27-2019, 07:28 AM   #296  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie What a wonderful way to contribute and help others. Your Dad would be proud and happy about your decision.

Rachel I agree with not being too hard on ourselves. When I do that, it seems to trigger binging, too. There is some type of internal stress thing that triggers this for me.

Last night: Basic Stretch
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1490 + (not the best foods, but within calorie range)
No weigh in

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 27

Hebrews 12:12
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees.

Monica hated evenings that she had to spend alone. When she was with friends, she felt so much stronger. She put forth all her energy to have a good time when she went out. On the nights she stayed home, however, she just didn't have the strength to put on a happy front. Dieting was so much more difficult without help from friends. It is good to know that God is ever with us. On those occasions when there is no one around to help us, we can turn to God for strength and endurance. He helps us pick ourselves up and continue on our way. He strengthens feeble knees and lifts hands that hang down.

Today's thought: My energy comes from a source other than food!
Old 10-27-2019, 07:30 AM   #297  

good morning! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:41 PM   #298  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well chickies I got brave and weighed in this am, not as bad as I thought
WI 160.0 which is actually down just a tad from earlier this week but such a long way from my low in September
WO none today but ....

I have my main meals planned out for DH and I this week and my lunches and breakfast are ready to go. I made cantaloupe balls to munch on when hungry and have a pineapple yet to cut up

Thank you Diana and Rachel for the support I will try not to wallow in my misery LOL I know I am hard on myself but if I can get through the next few days I know I will be ok for the week. Evenings are always a struggle for me.

So today I made a pot roast in my instant pot...done in an hour with veggies and a gravy. We will eat it in a bit so I will just have one large meal today, breakfast was just a few eggs and a small portion on hash browns, no oil.

Back later
Old 10-27-2019, 06:37 PM   #299  

good evening! busy day here. power walked to church this morning. put two more bags of dad's coats and jackets in my cart to donate to ub heals. stopped at home briefly after church to drop off my cart and put in a load of laundry. power walked and ran errands on the way home. when i got home, i took a load of clothes that i dried on friday and put my sheets in the dryer. then, i bagged up a 5th bag of dad's jackets and coats. i'll take that one up to the church later on this week. i also dried and folded most of the laundry that i did today. just got home from power walking and running errands.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:11 PM   #300  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Made it through the day!

Total Approx 1390 calories +

Breakfast 240 Calories +
coffee w/cream & monk fruit
siggi's strawberry yogurt 110 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
cherries/berries fruit 70 calories

Lunch 500 calories
salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner 650 calories
fritatta made with:
2 eggs 140 calories
lots of veggies 150 calories
shredded cheese 50 calories
grapes 100 calories
pineapple 100 calories
yogurt 110 calories

Exercise:
20 minute outdoor walk. We intended to do a longer walk but a cloud came up and it started to raining.

Have a Blessed evening!
Closed Thread