Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 PM   #196  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Thank you to all who prayed for Ms. Connie today.

Jen I'm sorry about that stress.

nancylmrn Keep working your plan, you still might hit your goal in that time frame.

Syckgirlsfv I hope you feel better from the sinus infection. My body has been really wonky, too.

Teri Good job working through your plan for the day. Were you able to take a nap?

Ciecie Good job being consistent.

Zalle Great job on the push ups. Congrats on the compliment.

Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #197  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I decided to only fast for dinner like the rest of the church family did.

Total Approx 815 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( 0 Calories)
fast

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #198  

thanks diana! how did ms Connie's chemo treatment go? I hope it went well. I went for a power walk and ran two errands before supper tonight.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Evening

Hi Everybody,

Syckgirl- hope you are feeling better. Glad to see you here.

Nancylmrn- I do full body pushups for the 30. But if I want to continue I have to do them on my knees. I am all for doing whatever works. In fact I then would have to switch to doing them on a box or a wall if they get too hard on my knees. And you are soooo close to 155. Don't give up on that goal!

Diana- way to go on the low cal and fasting for dinner.

Today I ate 1191 calories, but part of it was a vegetable korma I made of kind of my own concoction so I am a little concerned that it really was more. I am too full tonight for it to bode well on the scale tomorrow. Did play pickleball for 90 minutes, but I am not going to get the sleep I need.

Well, live and learn.

I did avoid the rice I made too. And I did not eat a piece of cake at a celebration yesterday and though I served about 75 pieces of cake. Did not put any in my mouth and for once I was not too tempted. (would love that trend to continue)

Have a good night!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 PM   #200  

Default Hi

Fatandashamed-looks like you are doing beautifully. What book did you discuss at book club if you don't mind me asking? I am always looking for good books to read and am in a couple of book clubs myself.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:44 AM   #201  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Granny, Zallie, CieCie, & Nancy, I SO appreciate your feedback, support and encouragement. Thank you!!!!

I only went 100 calories over my goal of 1200 for yesterday. I did not get my treadmill workout in yesterday. I will plan to get it done today.

Today's goals:
fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:43 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. Almost through the week! Sounds like everyone's been doing a good job of staying on plan. Finally the scale moved this morning! I could have kissed it! Only . 6 lb down, but I'll take it! Especially since the scale now says 75 at the beginning. Kgs, that is. But it seems like a big milestone. Keep plodding.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:13 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 219/209.6/140

Height: 5'6

Diana - I was praying for Ms Connie yesterday. How lovely to have so many thoughts of love coming from around the globe!
Syckgirl - Welcome back, and good luck with the new diet. Not sure I've heard of that one - what does it entail?
Nancy - You're right, progress is progress! You deserve to feel proud.
Jen - I'm sorry about all the stress, that's really difficult. Remember to take care of yourself as well as everyone else.
Ciecie - Well done for all the power walking! Do you go with a friend?
Zallie - Thank you, that's very sweet. Although may have come too soon! See below . We have just finished Them: Adventures by Extremists by Jon Ronson. One of my favourite authors. There's something about journalists writing that makes it so fun to read. The next one we're reading is 'How to Fail', which is meant to be brilliant (and very apt for my current journey!).
Rachel - You've got this, I know you can do it!
Mom - WELL DONE! Such great news. Well done girl.

I was very disappointed in myself yesterday . I did my work out (yay!), and then had a rubbish, very stressful, day at work. Someone had brought in those chocolate cornflake snacks and I ate FOUR. FOUR. SO stupid. Then I was out for dinner and had half a bottle of wine.. Good news - I only ate a piece of sourdough toast and salmon spread for lunch, and then we shared 3 small plates for dinner.

I really don't want to beat myself up about it too much, but just disappointed about the choc. It's 'rest day' according to my Nike plan, which I'm thankful for as every muscle in my body hurts. I can barely sit down/stand up! Walked in further to work though, and will walk back to get my steps in. It's another fast day so no food so far! Planning on having a cupasoup and scrambled egg again.

Hopefully I'll be ok - Weigh in tomorrow! VERY NERVOUS!

G xx

Last edited by Fatandashamed; 04-11-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Fatandashamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #204  

Rachel, you did very well by only going over your calorie goal by 100 calories. i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:02 AM   #205  

Default Morning

154.8 +1lb

Ugh. Must be the vegetable korma. Want to change this.
500 cal goal today and fasting until dinner.

Momwannabe- way to go on the loss!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #206  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Again, thank you for all who prayed for Ms. Connie. At our service last night the update on her was that she had experienced a bit of nausea during the treatment but they gave her some meds to help with that.

We are having a Seder meal/event on Saturday at church. We will be having quite a few visitors for this event. Most of the women of the church, including Ms. Connie have been very ill. Ms. Connie and the Pastor picked up the major items we need for the event. I picked up some odds and ends on Tuesday and I need to get the balance of them tomorrow. Saturday we will need to prepare the meal. Right now it's me and my friend who I normally speak of. There's a possibility that two more ladies will be there. I hope we will be able to get everything done properly. All of this was planned last year so we didn't anticipate the illnesses, etc.

I have a dental apt. this morning to try to figure out the pain. I hope/pray it's just from the allergies.

Fatandashamed Don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day.

Last night: JS Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 815 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 11

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

My mother cut out all between-meal snacks whenever weight became a problem for my sisters or me. She kept careful watch on us, to make sure our weight didn't get out of control. I resented it when I was young, but I sure appreciate it now. How wonderful it was to know that someone was watching out for me, making sure I didn't give in to fattening temptations. God will do that for us if we let Him. He will twinge our consciences when we do what we should not, and we need to see that as a blessing rather than a curse. By heeding the voice within, we can conquer temptation and lose weight.

Today's thought: God sees every fattening move I make!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-11-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning - fast drive through - crazy day at work and crown prep today - 134.2 so a drop and it was "BPF" -good steps and food planning yesterday and today
I am going to excuse myself to eat grits and cheese and eggs tonight given the temporary crown . Sorry for no persals
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #208  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon/eve LOL sheesh has it been 'a week' for everyone else too????? My body is saying 'nancy why are you punishing me' and my response is 'what? this is good for you accept it' I think I need to find a new inner buddy to talk too.
WI down .2 158.4...I was looking at my calander and I am 3.4lbs from the mini goal and only 6 more weigh in's to make it. I am not sure why I am seeing this as so daunting but I am. I am a competive person even against myself...oh the head games I can conjuror up.
W/O was good this am although the free weight area was super crowded and I felt a bit intimdated so I did not do the full workout. There just was not room. This rarely happens. I have decided to mix up my cardio starting tomorrow I am going to use the stair climber for my 30 min and wonder how many steps that will get me??? I know it won't be the 4,000+ I get now on the elliptical but I will be working my large leg muscles more. So a 2 for 1!

I am also going to take a few minutes this weekend to measure.....yikes....it is also our 23rd wedding aniversary on Saturday and DH wants to go out for a 'nice' dinner that includes a bottle of wine and I am trully on the fence about it.

Back later this afternoon for personals .....back to work for me now
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Ugh, Diana, I feel so selfish. .I was so wortied about my kid I found it hard to focus on anything else. He did turn himself in, he's arrested yet again and my heart has been broken and I've been crying all morning, but I am praying that "they shall take up poison and not be harmed" for Connie.

I pray for you too, do you know why you are in pain?

Nancy, you can do it, just do what you have been doing and PLEASE DO take measurements!!! Wow, 23rd anniversary THAT IS SUPER AWESOME.

Granny, congrats on your awesome maintenance, you are a star. Enjoy the grits and eggs.

Zallie, I'm trying to imagine what a chocolate cornflake snack is? Don't beat yourself up. You passed up cake after giving it out 75 x? My food jealousy would have me go to.store and buy my own cake.
​​​​​​
syck, I hope you feel better. South Beach is a good one.

ciecie, thank you, you are amazingly inspirational

momwb, I have a love/hate relationship with scale too

Rachel, you are doing great! That's nothing to worry about. I mess up more when I get bound up by rules.

Terri, how are seedlings?

fatandashamed, I wish you had better name...gloriousandplump? Keep doing the good!!

178.6 today, still have not tracked calories over a week, just sticking to diet basics...plus of I feel tempted, I have my Empower spray...though I will have to do it to form the cause effect relationship?
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #210  
Trying to live below 200

Back from dentist. It looks like it is sinus related from the allergies that I have been dealing with. It sure felt like a dental issue so I am happy that it isn't. I have never had allergies this bad nor have I had it feel like the start of an abscessed tooth.