Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2019, 12:49 AM   #136  

-

Last edited by RealiserMesReves; 08-28-2019 at 06:55 PM.
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:27 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 219/209.6/140

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday everyone!

I had a very fun (but indulgent) weekend, but for some reason it really hasn't thrown me mentally, so really counting that as a positive. I walked further into work today, and planning to do the same back. It's also a fast day today (500kcals), planning on having miso soup and a cup a soup while I'm in the office and some scrambled egg later.

I'm also going to try and fit in a workout before work tomorrow morning. My alarm goes off at 6.30 so my other half can leave for work, and I usually have a coffee in bed reading my book. But tomorrow I'm going to try and do a work out from the Nike app. Has anyone tried it?

G x
Fatandashamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:10 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone. Hope you're all having a good Monday.

Ai, Ai, Ai, it just gets worse! Put on 200g this morning, which means I've only lost 4.8kgs or 10.5 pounds. I'm going backwards! Maybe I should have a fast day today just to kick things back into gear. Haven't eaten yet today and won't until I get home. But by then I'm always starving and deviate from good intentions. So let's see. I have some grilled calamari in the fridge which is very low calories, so I could have that tonight. Yes, let it be so!!
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:42 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Jendiet, I am so HAPPY you are back!! We need you! Thank you for being back!!

RealiserMesReves & Teri, I am adoring your French dialogue

Granny, So wonderful you and Beau passed the test! Well done

Well, my out-of-town antiquing venture with a friend of mine was absolutely wonderful! But I did NOT stay on my plan of 1500 calories for Saturday and Sunday. I ate basically whatever I wanted ( and enjoyed every bite) and did not keep track of calories. I'm sure I will reap the consequences but I can honestly say it was worth it! Time to get back onto my plan:

Today's goals: treadmill, situps and stretching, veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 04-08-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:37 AM   #140  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

So, could I be seeing changes so quickly with the thyroid meds change? I am getting sleepy before bed, I am not as tired when I wake (does this mean I am sleeping better?), yesterday I didn't have anxiety when I left church. It takes a while for things to adjust, but I am very sensitive with meds. The Dr. even mentioned that at my apt. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it won't hinder my weight loss efforts, although there's not much going on there in the first place. I am hoping that better sleep and less anxiety will help in that dept.

Last night: JS Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1585 +
Weigh In: 189.4
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 8

Philippians 2:13
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Jeff made his living as a night watchman at a large company. He sat for hours at a console that housed a bank of television screens. For his efforts, he pulled a sizable paycheck. Many of Jeff's friends criticized him for getting so much for doing nothing. His reply, 'Hey, if they're willing to pay it, why shouldn't I get it?' Too often people look for ways of getting something for nothing. As God's children, we should always be looking for ways to be the best people we can be, not cutting corners, but committing ourselves to the pursuit of God's pleasure.

Today's thought: Today I will be the best dieter I can be!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-08-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #141  

grannynancy, identifying triggers does help me control mindless eating. just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #142  

Default April 2019

Hello,

I hope that everyone is doing well. I can not seem to lick this bronchitis. It is very annoying.

Realisezmesreves:. J'ai un jardin avec des primroses. Quelques fleurs commence a France qui achete a Portland, OR ...Il y a un jardin sud de le Montreal avec des poppies bleus qui commence a Himalayas. Ces poppies sont tres exotique. C'est difficile pour les poppies bleus habitant quand il fait chaud. (I have a garden with primroses. Some flowers came from France who bought (the company) from Portland, OR. There is a garden south of Montreal with blue poppies from the Himalayas. They are very exotic. It is difficult to grow them where it is hot.

DID-ITs and NOT:

1) No food mover. Downfall was chicken pizza, frappe. I am good about not eating more than a couple of chocolate covered almonds.

2) Walked 30 minutes this am. ...It is warm.

3) I had seedlings outside, but it became to hot.

TODOs:

1) Food mover.

2) Exercise.

3) Put seedlings outdoors. It is supposed to thunder/rain now...not sure when to put them out.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Week 5 Results

-2.4 lb for the week

Averaged 973 cal per day last week meeting goal of 1200 cal per day or less.

Down 16.2 lb from high of 170 on March 1st.

Weight loss has slowed, as to be expected.

The major thing I have been doing is sticking as best possible to 1200 cal avg for the week.

If anything my exercise had been been down due to injuries. So it is possible I have lost muscle.

Have been sleeping more, which is supposed to help.

Am sticking to the 1200 cal per week avg for now- until it stops working.

A positive change I have seen in the last week was reduced cravings! Hope that continues. And pants that were tight are a little loose.

I could not have done this without the support of this special group! Thank you all!

Today's goal, 1200 cal

At work, gotta run.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #144  

zallie, congrats on the loss! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. just finished lunch a few minutes ago.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:00 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good afternoon. 135.0lbs no change, BP was 105/69 steps yesterday - bwahahahaha - 2512. I crashed after the testing. Calories in out yesterday were 1327 in 1333 out Today I am rebalancing and should be much better. Getting down that sat fat and sodium from my testing days! Today is on track for 1496 calories and I have already burned more than that and have 2 more miles to walk AND yoga tonight. Just as I was thinking about walking. The rain started coming down big time. Forgot we were expecting some severe weather this afternoon. Well I have to finish it out maybe in the house if nothing else.

Zallie - WTG on the loss!
Teri- I hope you get to feeling better soon
Diana - It sounds like it is all going in the right direction with the medicine. I hope it sorts out and good sleep is good for weight control for sure.
Rachel - Back on plan! <<Cracks whip>>
Fatandashamed - don't know the Nike app but do know morning is my best time to 'get-r-don' in regards to exercise
Mom - talk to Rachel - back on track. You got this!
Realiser - yes I think there is a benefit to changig out those bad habits. Tonight instead of TV I am going to get back to reading this book "Atomic Habits" that talks about all these things.

DIANA - I remember I had forgotten to add my probiotic you recommended to my boxes (I keep it in the fridge once opened) and just now added it back in. Guess what? Siggi's Icelandic yogurt is one of the few that has B Lactis! So for our next batch of Greek Yogurt that will be our starter!

Last edited by grannynancy; 04-08-2019 at 01:11 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #146  

Default Hopeless

I am new today. I am 65, weigh 232 lbs, 5'4". Can't believe I am in such bad shape. Looking at the rest of my life and wondering if I will ever feel good again.

Any words of advice are welcome.
Flannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Flannigan - I was 265#, 5'6", postmenopausal and started this journey at the age of 62. Words of advice are "it works if you work it" - The approach I tried seems to work particularly well with older folks (Bright Line Eating) but there are many different ways to lose weight and I think the major thing is consistency ....... you CAN do this! Have hope. I tried for over 35 years and FINALLY got the weight off and am keeping it off and did not need surgery to get there. I feel so much better and am off BP meds and statins now! Never got to needed blood sugar control meds but A1C had started creeping up when I decided I better tackle this head on.

Last edited by grannynancy; 04-08-2019 at 01:53 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Flower, still thinking of you and your family.

Granny, yay you passed! Sorry some of the tests were just so hard. Big hugs. Still working on new dog?
Nancy, yay!! You earned it. I like the fat crying verse.

Terri, vous escrivez bien en francais (I used a translator engine to help) I remember so little from high school. I did enjoy learning French though. How is the planting. I need to get some seeds going. Perennial mix.

Diane, I hope the change helps you. I have been on synthroid and was getting palpitations from it.

Zallie, no where near overeaten. Carbohydrate Addicts Diet. CAD. That mix sounded yummy. Great job on the loss.

ciecie, glad no leak!!

Realiser, thanks for bringing the beauty of French to our thread. I often drink sweetened tea to get me through binge triggers...sometimes it works, sometimes not.

so weights since I got back, 182.8, 182.0 and then 180.0 again today. I used sugar in my coffee and I used honey in my tea and I ate one chip off plan....think I'm just tired of the rules lol. I didn't go into self destruct and I still lost weight. I'm not counting calories anymore because I will finagle and make more and more fit...

so far I've had coffee with one teaspoon sugar and some milk, cottage cheese and roast beef. Haven't figured out dinner, but I know I want fruit. Lol. So as long as fruit I'd in the equation.

so corndogs, green beans, chips, chocolate and fruit is a possibility

Rachel, I NEED you all as much.

momwb, calm yourself WOMAN. You know what you have been doing is working, so shake yourself and get back to it. Calmly.

fatandashamed, I love how fasting breaks foods grip over me. I have done alternate day fasting before.

flannigan, NOT hopeless. You have come to a great place for support.stick around.

Last edited by jendiet; 04-08-2019 at 02:02 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 04:31 PM   #149  

welcome to the group flanigan! just take it one day at a time. all of us have been where you are.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #150  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies.
I'm not doing well in terms of motivation. But I'm kicking my own butt. Ugh. Today I did T25 Rip'T circuit and I felt so out of shape I wanted to cry.
Hope everyone is well.
We move into our new house May 5. I might not be on here a whole lot until we are settled in.

I can't seem to shake this stupid weight gain. But it's my fault for letting myself have cheat days and such. ugh. I fall off the wagon on weekends. I don't know how to stay fit and healthy on the weekend anymore, we are always doing something..

Flannigan- Welcome!!! My word of advice is set yourself up for SUCCESS. If you have a food that you can't seem to resist, don't buy it and keep it in the house. Try to find healthy ways to make things if you NEED a fix.

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 04-08-2019 at 04:49 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote