Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone.

Flower:I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Thinking of you. I know you don't feel like eating, but look after yourself.

Sorry, writing on my phone, so can't go back to the posts, but celebrating the losses, shaking my fists at the gains, and cheering everyone on.

I had a small loss this morning despite being out for dinner last night. But I have stayed withing the same lb range for 2 weeks now. Hoping to rest this weekend and tighten things up from Monday. On the plus side:wore a jacket last night that hasn't fitted in years. Left it open as it's still a bit tight if I button it, but last year I felt like a sausage in it. Such a good feeling. The fitting into it, not the sausage
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 265/137/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Just a very quick pop in. 134.2 I figured as much and am just going to ride with it. The glazed pecans I was going to parcel out slowly for my yogurt are already consumed.

Test is very hard but so far we have passed the obedience control portion and the land, rubble, and vehicle tests. Today is building and shoreline and Saturday is buried.
Two of the four folks testing have moved from "testing" mode to "training" mode meaning there are only two of us left to certify - one was cut the first test and the second was cut on the second test. Beau struggled with the rubble pile as did several of the dogs. Not from a scent perspective but from a physical perspective. He will be 8 in July and climbing up concrete slabs and maintaining balance is hard work - his back legs need more strength and he needs some more work on core stability. The Master Trainer passed him but said "time to start training that next dog" - The remaining tests won't be as physically demanding. This is a difficult and stressful test for sure.

Flower - I am so sorry for your mother and know the stress you will be under. Fortunately with hospice care you get so much support along the way they can minimize her pain and provide her the comfort and respite care for the family if she is doing it in her home. It does not make it easier but will pray/send energy for a peaceful passing and comfort for the rest of you. Take care of yourself and let you feel any feelings that YOU have during this time! Hugs.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 06:08 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 170/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Morning

Actually calories yesterday were 896. Had forgotten I had eaten some walnuts after the news reminding me that nuts were healthy.
Just high calorie!
So made plan yesterday. Had planned on 1200 calories.

Back still much better.
Knee a bit better.

And I fit into two of my smaller sized pairs of pants this week!

GrannyNancy- good luck with the testing. Boy does it sound hard. Go Beau!

Fatandashamed- Way to go with your eating and exercise yesterday!

Momwannabe- that is great about fitting better into a jacket!

Today's plan is 1200 calories.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:07 AM   #79  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Flower Lifting you and your family up in prayer during this time.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-05-2019 at 08:07 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 08:11 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I am feeling so much better this morning. Yesterday morning, when I woke, I felt awful and so did my DH. Yesterday I bought a new homeopathic product. I took two doses yesterday and I woke feeling so much better. (I didn't even get enough sleep last night because I went to bed too late but I feel so much better than I did yesterday) I think my DH does too.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 188.6
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 5

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Leah was still terribly overweight. She had tried dozens of diets, none of which had made an impact. She attended church regularly, and she prayed continually for God to help her with her problem. She realized that she wasn't ready deep down inside, so she often ignored the voice of her conscience and the comfort of her prayers. Leah lived from day to day asking God's forgiveness and resolving to try harder in the future. She told her friends, 'When I'm ready, I know God will be there, and I know He will help me lose all the weight I need to.'

Today's thought: Lord, make me ready to lose weight!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-05-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:05 AM   #81  

good morning! just had breakfast a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:09 AM   #82  

Default April 2019

Hello!

Hope you all are doing great.
Glad to see you back Wkend Boater. Do you still have your boat?
Zallie, thanks for your concerns.
Jen...where are you?

DID-ITS and DIDN'T-ITS:
1) No food mover and too much lemon pie.
2) Walked 30 minutes am (again). It is good to start the day healthy. It is drizzly outside.
3) I had my seedlings outside yesterday.

TO-DOS:
1) food mover
2) exercise
3) seedlings
4) work on mess
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #83  

Good morning ladies, ty so much for the warm welcome back. Zallie thanks, smile. Diana, I am glad your feeling better. A big hi to all of you and hugs! Teri , bravo on your walk and I hope your feeling better. We still have the boat and had no time to go out on it last summer, this summer we are! The time has passed so quickly and it's been all about work and projects, we need to enjoy our short summers here when we can as winter feels like forever! It's nice to see you too, smile. Nancy, from what I see you are doing great! Rachel, hang in there. Hope to catch up with you all more soon. I am heading off to do some cleaning here and boy I don't feel like it but once I get in the groove it will be ok. I hope you all have a good day and weekend.

Flower, I just came in and saw your news! I wanted to write and say sorry about your mom, I wish I had more words at a time like this but I wanted to give you a big tight warm hug Take care of yourself as best you can during this very difficult time, you will need your strength too so please try to eat when you can as hard as it may be and also know that we are thinking of you and are here for when you can, are able and up to writing. Much love to you sweet lady xox
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #84  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/146.2/140

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Flower sending strength and comfort. so sorry to hear about your mom. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. safe travels

Last edited by kelijpa; 04-05-2019 at 11:02 AM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #85  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/146.2/140

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,
146.2 this morning.

Still plugging away, trying to figure out why I am so resistent to getting back to regular exercise. I think I have re-established drinking water and meditation as daily healthy habits. Now to work on the next ones. I'm in it for the long haul, so no rush.

GrannyNancy congrats on getting further with your re-certification. Beau

Diana hope you're feeling better each day

Best to all, hope you have a good day, wintry mix, hoping this is the last of the freezing precipitation, come on spring
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #86  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Good morning all. Sorry I have not been here much. It has been a very challenging time. I got back from Boston on Saturday. Am leaving again on Friday to go to Boston. Will stay there until my mother passes. She has decided that the pain is just too much. And for what? I respect her decision as does everyone. Of course it is profoundly sad. I write this solely so people do not innocently ask how my mom is, when I return. blessings to all <3
2 kind bars 400
coffee 100
total 500 calories
I have a feeling I will be losing a lot of weight over the next week or two. I know I will not feel like eating
Flower as someone who was with my dad when the decision was made to not prolong his life, but being able to spend my time with him during his last days to laugh, cry and tell stories were some of my fondest memories. I pray they will be for you too. With a heavy heart I wish you well in these trying times. I will think of you often until you feel you can/will come back and able to pop in to say a few words. xxoo nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #87  

kelijpa, good to see you! went for a power walk and run errands this morning. will have lunch in a few minutes.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:08 PM   #88  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
Weekend!!!! just hello and missed you

WI that pesky unknown lb is gone so back to 159.2 but really want that 158 back...I know it will be soon (fingers and toes crossed) WO this am went pretty well and I upped my minimum steps on my fitbit to push myself a bit more since I am consistanly around 9-10,000 steps each day instead of 6,500. I have a breakfast date with my sister on Sunday morning and we will exchange our 'charms' we both have hit the 10lb gone mark and we both struggle (guess we are related) Any way her struggle is with sugar, and I read her food log and most all that she eats has some element of sweet to it. Example, her yogurt in the am she eats because it reminds her of pudding, the list goes on but I do wish she would move more towards savory...this is a selfish thought I know....but she is losing slowly. OK enough of that (talking to myself lol)

This weekend we have not big plans at this point so I hope it stays pretty open. The weather is turning again and rain is in our future for oh I don't know...until June/July HAHA then all goes dry for 3 months. Love the Pacific Northwest.

Back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:53 PM   #89  

good Friday afternoon! just had lunch a few minutes ago. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 04-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 170/150/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Good evening

Hi Everybody,

Kelijpa- what type of meditation do you do? I have fallen out of practice, though I know it is very good for me.

Nancylmrn- super on the steps!

Ciecie- I smile at all your power walks.

Today had to work late and did not get to pickleball. Feeling a little under the weather, and despite the many things I have to do- including clearing out a whole room for workers tomorrow, I am heading to bed early.

I have eaten 819 cal today so far. Goal today was to stay under 1200.

Been averaging 60% carbs, 25% fat and 15% protein- due to eating a mostly vegetarian diet.

For muscle I am thinking I need more protein.

Will buy some edamame and if any of you have a good tofu/vegetable recipe I am interested in it.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote