Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #151  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannigan View Post
I am new today.
Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:20 PM   #152  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
Well I finished off the last of the wine in the house last night, even though I was under my points by 8 I still had a gain this am of .4......158.4. I do hope it travels back down between now and Wednesday morning LOL....but it is my own fault to be sure. Temptations and how we deal with them and the consequences when we give in. I did get a good workout in this am with 35min on the elliptical then 2 sets of 10 reps of only 4 exercises, two upper, two lower. upper lifting total 20lbs and lower 50lbs. I hope to one day increase both upper and lower body strength

Jen your laundry list of foods had me chuckeling I could so see that menu myself
Zallie congrats on your loss this past week and your totals are impressive.....I will be there one day
granny I am happy to see you are getting back to your yoga, are you goign to start weights soon too?
Diana I do hope the medication is working faster than you thought it might

hope to be back with more later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:59 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Emily, eeeee...I was going to give you a shout but then I had

to help someone pull a boat out of the yard

so I told you guys I ordered Empower from juniper life. I got it in the mail just in time. I finished my hodge podge dinner and found some macadamian nut cookies for dessert...I started to share them with my kids and checked the mail and it was there along with some paperwork for which I had been waiting and so I sprayed some on my tongue and tried to eat the cookie.. so it tasted like I scooped plain flour into my mouth NO LIE...and I spit it out in disgust, then I tried a sip of Dr. Pepper and it tasted like salty carbonated water. I have to say...I like the stuff. It's supposed to last 3 hours....I think it will help with my food soothing behaviors
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #154  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
Emily, eeeee...I was going to give you a shout but then I had

to help someone pull a boat out of the yard

so I told you guys I ordered Empower from juniper life. I got it in the mail just in time. I finished my hodge podge dinner and found some macadamian nut cookies for dessert...I started to share them with my kids and checked the mail and it was there along with some paperwork for which I had been waiting and so I sprayed some on my tongue and tried to eat the cookie.. so it tasted like I scooped plain flour into my mouth NO LIE...and I spit it out in disgust, then I tried a sip of Dr. Pepper and it tasted like salty carbonated water. I have to say...I like the stuff. It's supposed to last 3 hours....I think it will help with my food soothing behaviors
Are you talking about Gymnema sylvestre? I have some drops that I'm supposed to mix with water and drink. I don't think it lasts 3 hours but it works. It made chocolate melting wafers taste like chemicals! Have you tried eating anything that's NOT sweet while it's still in effect? Like maybe potato chips or other comfort food that isn't sweet?
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #155  

good evening! don't blame you for not being on much until after may 5th! went for a two power walks before supper tonight. had go to the post office before 5:00 as I had something I needed to mail and it needed to be in the 5:00 mail. the second power walk I ran more errands. my fitness goals have been attained for today.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Evening

Welcome Flannnigan! There is hope and this is a great group to help you be motivated. One big thing that has helped me was to type everything I eat MyFitnessPal- even when I am ashamed at all that I ate and even when I binge. And to not only set daily goals- but weekly goals. It made all the difference those weekly goals. That way when I fail one day it is not so bad, I can still recover. Even if I eat a ton.

GrannyNancy- glad you are back.

Diana- that medication change sounds like it is helping quickly. Great!

Fatandashamed- sounds good walking a little more- every step counts!

Rachel-glad you had a great time this weekend! and also glad you are back to it!

Ciecie- Power walking woman! I agree identifying triggers is helpful as is
trying to really taste and savor my food. I do need to eat the first bites fast and that is OK. Then I can do better savoring the rest.

Emily- T25 Rip'T circuit? I just looked it up. That is one heck of of circuit. Squat to a jump up to a one legged burpee! Just attempting that seems like a win. Keep going one day at a time and be kind to yourself! You can do it! Good luck with the move!

Jen- that Empower from juniper life sounds amazing. Is it safe? If so I think I will get it! stuff tastes like flour. cool!

Nancylmrn- like that you are dong the elliptical and weights. Reminds me to at least do some pushups. Did weights twice last week. Will try to do that this week too.

Realiser- All these people writing in French to you. I wish I could, but alas I can't.

Momwannabe- I think it is cool that you actually have grilled calamari in your fridge.

Teri- way to keep up the walking!

Played pickleball for and hour 45 minutes today and just had a ball with it. Somehow was extra fun today. Knee still swollen, but did not twinge at all when playing. And going up and down stairs is easier. Still can't run on it though for more than a few steps without it feeling not so good. Back does not hurt when playing only when sitting or lying or mostly when getting up. If I have to live like this for a while it is OK. But I would like to get back to the bootcamp classes.

Just finished Deborah Tannen's You're the Ony One I Can Tell- about the language of women's friendships. Really enjoyed it. Part of if touched on online support and I thought of this group.

Sweet dreams!
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #157  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 1 Mile Upper Body circuit w/8's and JS 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/8's

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #158  

Hi everyone
i am posting on my iPad. So I will not be writing too much. Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate all the kind words. Mother passed away on Sunday.

I have been eating more more than I ever expected. My brother tends to like food a lot. So there has been lots of food and restaurants. Guess that's not going to change. trying to not gain too much more weight through this week.

Hope you all have a good tuesday.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Flower, I am giving you the biggest hug right now. I pray when things calm down, you will find your bearings again. I pray for peace above all.

Emily, yes it has gymenne in it, but is has some other blood sugar balancers such as chromium picolinate and 5-htp...all natural and VERY MINTY...I have not tried with say potato chips, but it definitely took away any "happy" from eating cookies.

when it wore off, I had a hot cup of tea with honey, but nothing since.

Diana, awesome on the workouts!!!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:09 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Flower hugs and prayer for peace.

Just popping in, I’m hoping to write more tomorrow.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:20 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default To Flower

Flower, I hope you can feel our love and empathy for you at this time. Praying that you will have the peace which surpasses all understanding, along with healing of your heart & soul.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:26 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Flanigan Welcome!!!

Zallie, you are doing so wonderfully! Way to go!

Grannynancy, hah! You are right on whip-cracking! I need that right now!

I don't know why I stepped on the scale yesterday after a weekend like that! It wasn't pretty. Back at it today.

Today's goals:
treadmill, situps and stretching, veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 04-09-2019 at 03:32 AM.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:05 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 219/209.6/140

Height: 5'6

Flower - My condolences, that must be so tough. Remember to take care of yourself. Sending hugs, love and prayers your way.
Zallie - well done on the loss!
Granny - It's very good, I would highly recommend! They have different plans/work outs depending on age/weight/equipment etc!
Flannigan - Welcome to the group! I'm a newbie too and have to say the support of such a wonderful bunch of people is really helping .
Rachel - Very impressed you managed to have the courage to step on the scale after a weekend. I leave my weekly weigh in until Friday! Fantastic that you're getting back on track, well done you!
Diana - another great day, well done.

I had a very successful FD yesterday. I had a cupasoup at about 11.30, then two scrambled eggs on a piece of wholemeal toast for dinner. I also managed to hit 10,000 steps yesterday, AND woke up early to fit my first Nike work out in! It was so tough, but I did it! Feeling extremely positive. Just at my desk having my almond flat white.

Today's our day girls (and boys if there are any in the group!) WE GOT THIS!

G x

Last edited by Fatandashamed; 04-09-2019 at 04:07 AM.
Fatandashamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 AM   #164  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:34 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Flower- a big hug from me to you. So sorry about your mom. Wish you peace and love and self kindness.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote