Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:26 PM   #91  

Okay I need to vent! I usually just shut myself off and wont talk or write, I hate to upset anyone! I had a whirlwind of a day! I will be much better tomorrow though. IDN? I am just tired, does this mid life crisis and stuff ever stop? LOL someone please say yes! Someone told me a while back it just gets worse! Dear lord! That makes me think that I have to work on my reaction, how does that saying go? "Life is 20 percent what happens to you and 80 percent how you react"? HA! I would love to live by that motto, I will post a poster on my fridge even but it seems like a very hard motto to live by sometimes.

The visit in the city yesterday regarding DH eye was a bit stressful. The doc said to him that he is not a profit but in regards to his vision getting better in that eye, it would be like winning the lottery! What killed me is seeing DH's face , it seemed as he held back some tears. The doc said it is a physical and psychological trauma the equivalent of losing a family member. Dh and I both agree that it is not a trauma to that extent. Needless to say, we have been to so many docs and I just hate when hope is taken away. My heart sunk as I saw his sink. I told him on the way home that I still have hope! Of course I do!!!!! Do you know how many doctors told my dad 10 years ago he would never get out of the hospital? If you could see that handsome rascal now you wouldn't believe it! Oh yes, he has pneumonia by the way now but is doing well, thank god! There is always hope, I told DH don't listen to them....they don't always know and cannot predict and there is the lord and miracles and more.do NOT give up!

THis morning I talk to mom to find out my aunt passed away. My bro was over there crying I guess (whom I tried to call several times today) and he is another story! I have to keep an eye on him. My cousin did not answer and iw ill call him again tomorrow. I called my other aunt that lives far away to break the news (ma is already very tired and taking care of dad) and we talked an hour. It was so nice to talk and I hope I was of some help but she is in the shambles! NOT eating (and has not for some time), she had a major loss a year ago or so and is still mourning but on a bright note I saw some progress and at least suicide is no longer in the picture! I would fly over there right now if I could but I can't!

Dh comes home and I find out we got a bill for the house taxed, put 4700 on the cc. lol omg! okay, the man is so nice to me and gave me a big hug and told me to go chill but of course I had to call ma and tell her what is going on with the convo and other aunt incase she calls her. So now I came in to bug you guys!

I just realized before coming in here to post that I have not eaten all day! Lo and behold, here I am telling flower to eat and I had nothing! I have been doing great in making sure I have lunch and scheduled meals (skipping meals does not do me well). With all the hubbub I simply just didn't get to it and I still do not have an appetite! Miraculous! Okay, now I feel guilty kind of for laying all this out on you guys, I really do! It's just hat I try to keep it together for everyone and, ox idn.........I needed someone to talk to or to vent, ty so much and also sorry for unloading all my stuff right now. If anything, I hope I was able to divert you and thanks again for you always all being here and being so kind!

I assure you, tomorrow I will be okay. IT's a new day, I will eat and I will carry on! I am going now to hear some music as that always soothes my soul and I will try to get to bed early. Oh and incase I didn't mention it, I am drinking! Drinking home alone which does not jive for me or with me! I really have to start walking! Ceicei, I saw what you wrote and what your doing is amazing...I commend you! Exercise is always a great stress reliever and healthy outlet. Okay, enough of my bantering. I wish you all a wonderful weekend and thanks for always being here! Life is precious! It is so easy to forget sometimes to enjoy every moment of every day and what really matters, staying and being healthy is much a part of that. Will touch base soon! Much love, Weekend
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:11 PM   #92  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Weekend your plate is overflowing! and we are here. I read your post, I listened to your post and I want to give you so many hugs, like all of us do. Please vent, cry, rant, rave but don't neglect yourself, that is self destructive and we want you to be around. I am praying for DH I just feel life will be better, I don't know how and it may not be soon but it will happen. Anything I can do I will (please contact me) my heart is heavy knowing you are in pain.

nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Weekend Boater You have so much going on right now. By all means, come here to vent, rant, whatever you need. It's all goes hand in hand with weight loss/gain. It's so much better to get it off your chest, so to say than just hold it in.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:16 PM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tomorrow I have a baby shower to go to. It starts at 11 and that means I need to get up early. I know I mentioned this before but I am not a morning person and I hate getting up early on Saturday. On top of that I just got home. We just ate dinner because DH worked late. I am already tired and grouchy and it's not even morning, yet.

On another note, I have a bit of dental pain. It's the upper left side. I have a feeling an abscess is starting. I am hoping it's a gland or something from having so much congestion from the allergies. But I doubt that's what it is. Grr, it's always something.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled salmon and 2 servings steamed carrots 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Stepping Strength w/5's & 8's

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-05-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:17 PM   #95  

thanks zallie! power walked and ran errands on my way to and home from supper. my fitness goals for today have been attained.

Last edited by ciecie; 04-05-2019 at 11:18 PM.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:31 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Weekend:thinking of you. There's nothing I can say to make it better, so just thinking of you.
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:41 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I made a lovely roast dinner last night with lamb, potatoes, carrots and baby marrows. I ate some of everything, but didn't overdo it. Weight holding steady this morning. Had 7 hours of sleep and hoping for a calm day today. Whew, life just seems busy.

Sorry, Fatand... I didn't welcome you. Good luck!

Hang in there everybody. What has happened to Jen?
momwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:00 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 287/270/170

Height: 5'9"

Bonjour, hello everyone ! I just joined here today. I have read several topics, and I am very grateful to all of you for sharing your stories and advice.

I am in my 50s and have struggled with weight for most of my adult life. I need to lose about 48 kilo (106 pound). I have heard it is harder to lose weight post-menopause, so that makes me a bit worried. And I am very nervous that if I can lose a significant amount, I could have a lot of wrinkles and folds of skin. But really, I think I will prefer to deal with that rather than the heavy weight I now carry that is affecting my life negatively in many ways.

My goals right now are to
1. Stop eating late in the evening - nothing after dinner.
2. Temporarily remove a couple of foods from my diet because I always overeat them if they are available. A later goal will be to eventually enjoy them in moderation.
3. Get more regular sleep (if I have not slept enough, I feel extra hungry and it makes it hard to not overeat on that day).
4. Gradually increase exercise (currently very sedentary).
RealiserMesReves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:08 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 168/147.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

Weekendboater, it's good you vented to us. Yes, there is ALWAYS hope! I pray that that will encourage you and DH. May you be given His peace and help in all this

I am going on an antiquing trip this weekend with a friend. I plan to allot myself 1500 calories today and 1500 calories tomorrow. So, though it'll be over my daily 1200 calories goal, at least it will be planned. My exercise will be some walking

See ya Monday morning!
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:14 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 170/148/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Good morning

ll
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:36 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 170/148/135

Height: 5'7"

Ooyyyyyy

I just a lost a long post!!!!

Will have to do an abbreviated version quickly and go.

Weekend boater--
My goodness- you have a ton on your plate right now. Your aunt, your husband, your mother, your brother. Whoah! Thank you for sharing. Here is a big hug. So sorry about your aunt and everything you have to deal with right now.
And you are taking care of all of them. That is a ton. Good for you in all that you are trying to do. And not even eating. That would be my medication of choice.
And be kind to yourself- very kind to yourself. Take one day- even sometimes one minute at a time. Try to find some time for yourself just to do something you like- to keep you sane. Sleep, exercise, prayer/meditation. I like loving kindness meditation.
If you don't mind me asking what is going on with your husband's eyes? It sounds life changing. And there you are trying to help, I bet as much as possible with all the rest of it on you too. So sorry about your aunt too. My heart goes out to you.
We are all here for you.

All-
153.8 down 1
819 cal yesterday.
No exercise
On track for the weekly goal of 1200 cal average per day.

Hoping the bakery does not call to me, as it is Saturday. So far no big cravings, but I always wake up with great intentions and by the end of the day they are hanging on by a thread or sometimes that thread just doesn't hold up.
Had a little win yesterday in that I really did not feel that deprived when I turned away from the cupboards at night and slept when I was tired rather than eating when I was tired.
If this becomes an ingrained habit- well- it will be life changing for me.
1500 cal today's goal- as I am eating out.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:15 AM   #102  

welcome realisermesreves! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:22 AM   #103  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I will be attending a baby shower today. Not sure about getting a workout in. We'll see what happens.

I am still working on getting my daily steps. My goal is to get the monthly average at 10,000, which is proving to be difficult. My low step days are really low because I have a lot going on those days. I'm probably glued to my desk. My averages:

Jan: 9822
Feb: 9271
March: 9310

RealiserMesReves Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night: Nothing, too late.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
Weigh In: 188.4
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 6

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

Leah was not the kind of woman to just make excuses. When she said that God would help her when she was ready to let Him, she wasn't just copping out. A day came when Leah really needed and wanted to lose weight, and she did it. Though it was hard, Leah stuck to her diet, and she gave most of the credit to God. She had lived for years wishing that she could be thin. Only after trying and failing many times was she able to succeed. Waiting on the Lord can be tiring and defeating. However, no one knows us like God does, and if we can wait, He will always do what is best for us.

Today's thought: Our best effort will always include God.

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-06-2019 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:52 AM   #104  

good morning! it will be a busy day here. have a couple of projects to do today.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #105  

Default April 2019

Hi!

Wkend Boater, so sorry about your dad's eye. I am very nearsighted, and if I get upset, it is really hard on my eyes. When I was much younger, I went to a half dozen doctors and no one would talk to me about it. I finally got some books and read and I felt better. Some people say it takes a year to accept losses (i.e. loss of health, loss of loved ones, loss of employment, etc.) in our life. It is really hard with your eyes because you see it in front of you all the time.

Zallie: sorry about your long post...I don't like having that happen either.

Bonjour Realiser Mes Reves! Parlez-vous francais? Habitez-vous en France?

DID-ITs and DIDN'T-ITs:

1) no food mover. Food included chili, crispy chicken sandwich, two bites of a chocolate peanut butter desert.

2) I could not sleep last night, so I biked for 30 minutes, and this am with the street lights still on, I walked 30 minutes in the neighborhood.

3) It was too cold to put the plants out last night.

TODOs

1) Food mover.

2) Exercise

3) Tend plants.

4) Read/return library items.

5) attend store health screening.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote