Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hi all!
granny your new photo looks fantastic! You look so happy!

I am feeling a lot better after being on prednisone and singulair for 3 days now. I will definitely keep the allergist appointment and figure all that out - hopefully with a long term answer as I will go off the prednisone in a few days. I did a 2-day chocolate/sugar fest this weekend and am back on track now. I will be changing my tracking up in the short term to hopefully lead into a naturally healthier lifestyle with no calorie tracking (app/pen paper). When I eat freely I tend toward healthier foods now, but when I feel so restricted I tend to binge. I want to break this cycle. I am doing better and better at getting back on the healthy train and I know this is never ending. So for now, I am tabbing up what I eat and will log it in the end of the day. This way I am eating what I desire (in sensible quantities) and am getting a realistic view at what I am eating and how much I am exercising.

The pitfall I get tripped up with in tracking at this point is that I will exercise only so I can eat more later (not for the benefit of feeling well) and sometimes at the cost of my health and sanity. Such as not living in the moment with family because I'm just ticked I wasn't able to get my walk in/yadda yadda. Balance is what I am seeking - and a sustainable lifestyle. There will be days I eat 2 pieces of cake and things that are not good - but the majority of my days will be spent healthfully and I know that. The other day I focused on eating what I felt like (with health in mind in all of this obviously) and I checked in at the end of the day at under 1800 calories eaten and about 500 burned. So when I try to be sensible, I can trust myself. I've just never had a healthy relationship with food. I either over-control and micromanage to a fault or I couldn't care at all. I would appreciate prayer for continued healing in this area of my heart and mind! I am feeling encouraged and am open to any helpful tips to maintain/lose with out calorie tracking.

So far - I will loosely track until my habits are pretty ingrained and I am no longer bingeing every 2-3 weeks. Seems to me that I binge when I restrict more, so I want to prove to myself I can enjoy in moderation. Other ideas I like are to ask restaurants to put half my dish in a to-go container before serving me. Also, veggies and some fruits (like green apples, clementines) don't concern myself with quantities... within reason. I just want to eat like a normal person and not be wracked with fear that that extra 2 saltines was going to send me over my limits. (when I know that its always the bingeing that does it!)

jen miss you! hope you're well.
nancy congrats on the 10 lb!
diana thank you for starting the thread. I begin each month with the best intentions in posting. I tend to lurk.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #17  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

JulesMarion Good job analyzing and working on things.

Total Approx 1490 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (675 Calories)
side salad w/ranch on the side 175 calories
6 ounce sirloin 300 calories
mashed sweet potatoes 200 calories

Exercise:
1 hour outdoor walk and 10,000+ steps

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 04-01-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

Well I told my daughter there were brownies in the kitchen and there was just a foil covered with brown E's.
Zallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:09 PM   #19  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallie View Post
Hi All,

Well I told my daughter there were brownies in the kitchen and there was just a foil covered with brown E's.
That's good!
Old 04-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good evening to all....so excited for this month....summer is almost here! Well I guess I am more excited about seeing two of my grand baby's the week of memorial day. My goal was to lose 15lbs by then and I am going to make it!....7 weeks ago if you said that I would have went pff yeah right. Thank you all for the support I feel here.

Jules, some of those same struggles I have had in mounds, and still do. Those old demons are hard to banish but so glad you are here and that you have allowed us into your heart.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:20 AM   #21  

Default Morning

156.2 no change
1181, on plan <1200 cal

JulesMarion- totally hear you on the unhealthy relationship with food. I too have struggled with that since I was a kid, when I could easily split a pizza and eat zepoli with my bro. And I am trying to by moderation now, ingrain better habits, as well as finding other ways other than food to fall to when feeling bad or anxious or depressed, or angry, or happy. Or even better yet admit and deal with my feelings.

Like the idea of eating mindfully. It is something I strive for though at this point am really bad at remembering to do it

https://www.brighamandwomens.org/pat...g-mindful-meal

And what I have also read from Brian Wansink is that eating the first few bites as fast as people feel like and then savoring the rest tends to make people more satisfied.

You all may already know about his work, but if not highly recommend Wansink's book Mindless Eating, for exposure into many triggers to eat more than we need, how we can be manipulated to eat this or that and how we can manipulate our environment to make it easier to lose weight. It has been a long time since I read it, but I recall I couldn't put it down. it was written in a fun and engaging way despite it being scienrifically based. Or check out videos online of talks he has given.

Today's goal, 700 cal to save up for later in the week.
Back is feeling a lot better. Past two nights able to sleep without pain.

Almost went to bootcamp this morning, but decided to keep away as the knee is still swollen and does not straighten without work nor bend all the way.back.

Miss it though so did a little weights and pushups and some PT knee exercises. Want to try some core exercises too and see how the back fares.

Yesterday woke up to snow on the ground. Typically April does get warmer and I am hopeful that will come soon.

Best wishes to stay on plan today!
Old 04-02-2019, 07:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

julesmarion, thank you for your honest sharing with us. I believe that's a vital part of winning our battle.....

Grannynancy, what a wonderful photo of you! You look fantastic!

Zallie, your knee sounds like it's in bad shape. Ouch! Don't know how you can walk on it with the swelling.

Had an ambulance call yesterday at the time I was going to lift weights so did not get that done. I also went 100 calories over my goal for caloric intake. Met the rest of my goals though.

Today's goals:
fiber, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:56 AM   #23  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I have an apt. with the Endo. this morning. I have already reviewed my labs online. Now, I have a few ideas about some things I have had going on. I will discuss with the Dr. and then share here later today. I will have a lot going on today. We have our Ladies church meeting tonight. Some of us are having to step up and lead the group tonight due to Ms Connie having the port (for chemo) put in today. We are unsure if she will be there. I might try to leave work early so I can get stuff done.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr. (did the best I could with being sick)
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
Weigh In: 189.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 2

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

It seemed like forever before any weight came off. Gerri had cut way back on her food intake and exercised daily. It had been frustrating to step up on the scales day after day to find no real change. She stuck with the diet despite her despair, and now four weeks into the program it was paying off. People were beginning to notice the difference in her. What had seemed so painfully slow, one pound every few days, had finally added up, and she was thrilled. Waiting a little while had paid off, waiting a little more didn't seem nearly as hard.

Today's thought: I can take this diet one day at a time!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #24  

Diana- thanks for the one day at a time reminder.

Rachel- way to go on meeting most goals!
ou said ambulance call. Do you go on them?
Old 04-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 132.0 AAAAARGH spend 20 minutes on a post and lost it all. Y'all have a good day.. I am too swamped at work and frustrated to rewrite it-
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:36 AM   #26  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all!
W/O was not as 'energtic' as yesterday but managed 3,500 steps on the elliptical (my self imposed min) then did inner/outer thigh work as well as back. The energy level just was not there today. WI same as yesterday with no PF but that is ok I can live with it if this weight hangs out for a few days.

Diana I hope you find some answers with the endo today, thinking of you

More later chicks work is scream at me as I take calls of who is NOT going to show up today...sheesh
Old 04-02-2019, 11:18 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Grannynancy, How frustrating that you lost your post!!! When I do personals, I usually write it out on a sheet of paper so that I don't have to go back & forth. Would that help?

Diana, hope that endo visit goes well. Let us know.

Zallie, I am a volunteer EMT on our town's ambulance crew.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #28  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! I am back from the Endo. I noticed in my patient portal that my thyroid labs were out of range. So when I got to the Drs office today she asked how I have been feeling. I told her that I have been having some issues with anxiety/anxiousness . It is mostly when I am around more people than I am used to. I also told her about my struggle with eating when the anxiety/anxiousness is present. She asked about my sleep patterns. I told her that I don't feel that I am sleeping soundly. She said that my thyroid numbers are enough to be causing these problems. She added that menopause can cause these issues too, so I am dealing with a double whammy. So we agreed that it was time to drop my Synthroid dose. Hopefully, with the dose change I will feel less anxious and sleep better. I worry about my weight, but I tend to overeat when I am anxious, so hopefully this change will be helpful in the long run. Thinking positive about it all.
Old 04-02-2019, 03:06 PM   #29  
Work in Progress

Diana it is good/bad news type of thing I think? At least you have some answers. BTW menopause is a bugger at times. At times I still will have periods of hot flashes and night sweats along with restlessness. It does pass and I did find being active does help.

I have been plotting my weight gain/loss/stagnet cycles...and if I hold true to form tomorrow's weigh in (offical day) I will see a gain of at least .8 which is still accpetable since over all there will be a loss for the week. The silly things I stress over --- sheesh
Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #30  

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I went to see dad. he's doing very well. will power walk and run errands on my way to my meeting tonight. will run an errand on the way there.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote