Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 02:27 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning, everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday. We woke to much cooler weather which was't predicted. Shame, global warming has really hit us hard and our seasons are all messed up. We're winter rainfall, but now we seem to get rain later. Who knows!

Glorious sleep. Our power was out last night, so I packed in my work and went to bed early. Feel much better for having slept. And woke to a lovely loss of 500g down since yesterday. 76.6 kgs which means I've finally, FINALLY lost 5kgs! Yay! 11.2 lbs down, weighing 168.8 lbs. Still way too much, but I really am feeling better. Want to start some exercise again tonight. I'm sure I'll be right back at the beginning again since I haven't exercised for 2 weeks, but that's okay.

Will check in later and see how everyone is doing!
Old 03-17-2019, 02:31 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Oh, re the bread that everyone is talking about. On Friday we had a farewell for one of the teachers and the social committee at school made "roosterkoek". It's a South African thing. Basically it's a bread dough which is cooked over a fire to make sort of a bread roll, I guess. It's really such comfort food and it's served with lashings of butter, jam and cheese. I cheerfully chatted to everyone while they ate and I had.....a cup of coffee. Proud of me much? :-)
Old 03-17-2019, 03:27 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning!

Flower, thanks for letting me know who Jackson Galaxy is. I've never seen him on TV but am sure I would like him! I try very hard to be a good cat mom! They are rescue cats and now have it made basically! They want for nothing

momwannabe, congrats on the 11.2 weight loss

Have had an adventurous past few days with flooding in my area and around our farm. Water in the basement and no running water and trapped at my home by surrounding flood waters on the roads! All are safe though and I'm also grateful to have had electricity through it all. Water in the basement has drained down the drain so that's dry now. No carpet in there......just cement floors so that was good.

I've stayed on plan, even though I wasn't able to post due to computer being down for a few days. I sure missed you guys!!

Today's goals: treadmill, situps & stretching, weight lifting, veggies, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Last edited by Rachel1234; 03-17-2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: misspelled a name
Old 03-17-2019, 06:28 AM   #334  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had to get up an hour early due to an event at church today. I showed a gain on the scale this morning. Not sure why, except for lack of sleep. I think I got 4-5 hours and I kept waking up while rolling over. So I had restless sleep. I didn't get a workout in yesterday either. But I would contribute the gain to lack of sleep.

Jen Good job getting your taxes done.

Rachel I'm glad you and your family are safe.

momwannabe Good job avoiding the bread!

nancylmrn I'm so glad you were able to spend the day with your Mom.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1420 +
Weigh In: 189.4
Up: .6

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 17

Deuteronomy 32:10
He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.

It is vital that we remember how pleasing it is to God when we choose to lose weight. No matter how we look or act, God loves us, but just like earthly parents, when we do our best and look our best, we are most pleasing. God is proud of us when we sacrifice and learn self-discipline. He watches our every move, our every struggle, and He loves us. He will be with us continually. Let us follow His teachings and do all in our power to make Him proud of us; not only in our diets, but in every undertaking.

Today's thought: I am the nonfattening apple of God's eye!
Old 03-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning - 135.2. Today is buckle down day but more on quality than calories / I have had enough deviation and "refeeds" to move on. I do see the challenge y'all face when you have kids in tow who must be constantly fueled with their active growing bodies!

Yesterday was 2428 in and 1854 out with only 9150 steps. BP was good at 107/72 with no medicine on board for two days

We had a great dog training with my grandaughters and their cousin and went to Culvers afterwards. I did get the chopped steak dinner (LOL hamburge with no bun plus gravy along with mashed potatoes and slaw) and gave my husband most of my dinner roll (he ate the chili) but then shared a small "concrete mixer" after that we all came back to the house and crashed. I was glad to see my 14 year old grandaughter say, when I commented on how I was surprised we were so worn out from the dog training that she thought it was a "sugar crash"--good kid thinking straight!

Today is planned at 1480 calories and I will get in my steps! I cannot go back and "un eat" that ice cream but I can figure it really was not "all that" - That will be hard enough. I woke up hungry as we often do with such a horrible combination of foods. No wonder I used to weight 265 because this kind of thing was more common than now and it does not take stuffing your face all day to get there!

Today I will clean the kitchen, prep some food and stash away trigger foods out of sight.

Diana - sleep really IS critical so I am not surprised for the bump up. Hopefully you get a good night tonight.
Rachel - I am glad all is ok. That sounds downright scary.
Momwannabe - congrats on the weight loss and on avoiding the bread! That is major when it is 'in front of you" and in a social situation
Nancy - you are not much younger than me. You are blessed to still have your mom and be able to take her out. Happy Birthday do her!
Jendiet - sometimes you just need an uproductive day. Glad you did get your taxes done. Mine are a bit more complex these days and I will be behind. I used to do them in January but now have to wait until March for various tax forms that are used with my taxes which always pushes me to the limit.
Zallie - I will rejoice with you if you did not give into the bread urge but if you did, you are human, and need to forgive yourself and go forward. This is a difficult journey!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:09 AM   #336  

good morning! great service at church last night. had breakfast. will power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning

162.0 today up 1 pound due the the below.

2448 calories yesterday

Bad day yesterday, actually this has turned out to be a bad weekend for me in that because I can't do the fun things I look forward to, I am faced with all the chores that I have put off.

I survived the bread crisis, which was very hard.

But, then went over to drop off the pickleballs for my friends and was feeling really down that I could not play. I hurt my back partly because with my knee hurt I could not squat down with proper form.

Due to play both mixed double and and womens' doubles in a tournament next weekend and now that is in jeopardy.

I love playing pickleball- this funny sport I picked up last year. It is fun socially, and is engaging physically and mentally.

And on top of that I was unsuccessful finding a friend to go to the high school musical last night.

I had a strong urge to self soothe. Popcorn and cheesecake were the downfall. I totally used that food as a drug.

Have to go to a surprise birthday party today too, where I will probably only know one couple, and I am not looking forward to it either. I do like to meet new people, but I don't like to walk into things like this alone. Have to gear up to put on my outgoing social hat. And not eat cake.

And there is my concern for our guest and my daughter. And too many work deadlines to meet.

On the other hand I know how fortunate i really am. So I am sick of myself for feeling sorry for myself and just need to get on with each task. which actually if I face each one at a time are not that daunting- it is just when I look at them in entirety.

I did have two very nice long phone calls with good friends yesterday too.

And my back is a little better today than yesterday. And if anybody knows how to get my back, back in shape, I do- having dealt with this for more than 35 years.

So I will try to be positive an use this exercise down time to get things done around the house- one at a time.

Sorry for the rant.

Diana- way to go keeping the calories down.

Rachel- good for you staying on plan.

Momwannabe- super weight loss!

Nancylmrn- super on the 20K steps!

Jen- super on getting your taxes done!

Ciecie- lots of power walks- nice!

Today's goal- less than 400 calories and if I do that still will meet my <1200 avg per day goal for the week.

FYI- I am listening to the book Never Enough by Judith Grisel- it is about addiction. She is a neuroscientist and a former drug addict. Recommend it if you want to better understand what happens in your body when you take drugs and alcohol. Good for anybody who knows somebody who has issues with drugs or alcohol.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #338  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all!
WI down .2 162.0 even. DH and I plan (hopefully he is able) to do our 5 mile hike together on natural trails. He can not do the paved ones. I will know in a few hours. First I am going to have a little breakfast and do some laundry then we will hit the road. I have all our evening meals planned so going to the store for provisions will be a breeze. Breakfasts this week will be 1 C plain non fat greek yogurt with 1/8 bare naked granola and 1t chia seeds, lunch homemade black bean patties with salsa and soup in a jar. Then our planned evening meals. Snacks---fruit and if I am really in a bind a bit of air popped pop corn.
Jen good job on the taxes????
mama great job on the loss that is awesome
Rachel please be careful flooding is not something to fool with as a gal who spend time in 'flood' country LOL
Granny it sounds like you had a blast with the grandkids and darn aren't they so smart? Geez it amazes me the insight they have.
zallie I had to look up what pickle ball was ....and it looks like fun!
Old 03-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #339  

nancylmrn, hope you and your dh are able to go on your hike/walk. I just got home from power walking to and home from lunch. ran errands on the way home. will get some things done around the house in a few minutes.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #340  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1560 calories +

Breakfast ( 260 )
2 siggi's vanilla yogurt 220 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (600 calories)
salad w/smoked turkey & BHF's ranch 500 calories
1 small chocolate chip cookie 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
pineapple chunks 200 calories
yellow grits 150 calories
omelette made w/2 eggs, cheese, and ham 350 calories

Exercise
1 hour outdoor walk and over 12,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:12 PM   #341  

good night all! went for several power walks today. got everything I needed to do done. will be going to bed after touched by an angel is over. busy day tomorrow!
Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 PM   #342  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Had a good 5 mile walk with DH, yeah, he was able to go the entire distance this time pain free.

Going to close up shop here for the night and head to the best, most comfy, spot in my house hehe....the bed.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:06 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Just a quick flyby because it's late and I'm tired. Promise will catch up in AM.

I broke all kinda of rules today but I managed to stay to 1503 calories.

I did wake up to a NEW LOW of 177.6 and I made my 10k step goal. Praise God..OK going to let this charge and going to bed.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:24 AM   #344  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

This weekend has been tough - eating has been good and I have been active, but emotionally it has been difficult with my 4.5 year old son. We left church with him throwing the worst tantrum I’ve ever had with him (over not getting to pick a different prize from memorizing his Bible verse for the week). He has been escalating his attitude and behavior and my husband and I had a sit down and talked about consequences and how some things will need to change. Over all a really good thing, but just emotionally difficult.

I have been on a emotional eating detox this week - no night time eating (except for some popcorn with the kids for a movie night, which I budgeted for). One week down! As long as I don’t feel incredibly bloated I will weigh in in the morning
Old 03-18-2019, 05:24 AM   #345  

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. will be a busy day today!
Closed Thread