Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 01:43 PM   #481  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good mornin to all!
WI down .2 161.2 this am and I was a bit surprised since I enduldged in adult beverages on Saturday night on our little mini get away. I am close to my 10lb mark now which is exciting, I hope I make it this Wednesday morning WI but even if I miss it is not the end of my world. My meals are planned through Friday, and weekends are always a bit less structured by by Friday night I have at least Saturday planned.

So I made it to the gym this morning (yeah me week 5) get done with my elliptical-30 min of pushing, then moved on to my upper/lower body strength workout with free weights.......Finish up feeling good THEN....head to the shower and the only one left there is water all over the floor of the dressing area. So I carry these 'aqua towels' one for the floor and one to sit on, anyway sopped up the water so I could lay my things out only to get out of the shower and start to dress and OPPS forgot to pack a dry shirt/blouse LOL So plan B, ended up wearing my bra and my zip up hoodie as my blouse today. Good thing where I work it is always casual. I will change into one of the company t-shirs soon.

Shout out to Zallie on the 4lb down for the week.....nice job.
Flower I know you trip might not be all that fun but we will see you when you get back
Jen how are you feeling today?
granny great job on the yard work, that is something I need to get on the ball about.

Back later for the rest must do work to pay the bill now hehehehe
Old 03-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #482  

good afternoon! was able to get my hair cut while I was out for my second power walk this afternoon. also took a nap this afternoon lunch.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:45 PM   #483  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey all. I fell and ate junk last night. Ugh.

weigh in: 181.2. Down 0.8.

Lunch: Shake ology with extra egg white protein, vanilla unsweetened almond milk, peanut butter
Dinner: Pork loin, steamed broccoli.
Snack: will be eggs & cottage cheese
Approx cal intake for today: 1,100
minus exercise : Net intake 740

Workout: Turbofire Fire 30 Class, burned 360 cal.

Will be back to write personals!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #484  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Zallie - congrats on the loss!

grannynancy - that BP is wonderful.

Jen - I've been feeling defeated too. You're not alone.

So my friend Meghan is getting married in October. I'm in my friend Erika's wedding in October too, Oct 12 & 19. Luckily I get to wear the same dress for both weddings. I took it with me to David's Bridal to make sure the color matched for Meghan's wedding. It matches, but it is tight right now. I put it on just for color.. and I knew it was too small right now but.. I BROKE the zipper. How mortifying.

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 03-25-2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #485  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

CompleTED OMAD with 1367 calories for the day...might have one more cup of tea just to get me through the night...

I am praying to stop loving food so much...for dinner along with my hamburger. I ate the 20 pcs skittles, 2 pcs dark chocolate raspberry squares and then I ate the last snoball. .snoball is comfort food. Dad and I used to share these things...skittles just fell into my hand while looking for chocolate (it was in the freezer) skittles were buried in kids snacks on top of fridge. .so that was intentional...

I started out KNOWING I was going to have grapefruit and dark chocolate squares with my hamburger and chips...I slipped on the skittles and snoball...but much better than 2600...

I will plan tomorrow's OMAD, but I slept this afternoon which made OMAD easier...I went to sleep watching AA Allen and Oral Roberts healing videos...

hoping to plan a meal and stay on plan tomorrow...will be corndogs, fries (baked), dark chocolate squares with milk and grapefruit.

Emily, I'm praying for strength for both of us..

ciecie, I hope you love your hair!

Flower, we will be thinking of you and praying for you

Nancy, yay on the loss!! Great job on staying consistent with plan

Last edited by jendiet; 03-25-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:31 PM   #486  

Default March 2019

Hello! I hope you all are doing great...

I am only good at doing one or two things. Like if I diet, I don't get much else done...because it takes too much concentration...

DID-ITs and DIDN'T-ITS:

1) no food mover...peanut butter cups...but I did eat lots of veggies today.

2) did my 30 minute walk ...Yeah.

3) Yesterday, I spent all afternoon transplanting seedlings and I had little seedlings outside. Today, it was too cold, so they were in the basement...but at least I got them watered.

I am happy that I am getting these seedlings transplanted, but I sure wish the weather would condone growth...I am afraid it is going to go from 40 degrees to 80 degrees and my seedlings will burn up. I can't wait till my seedlings have 4 leaves. They are really fragile when they are just germinating or only have 2 leaves.

TO-DOs:

1) Food mover

2) Exercise

3) Health insurance

4) Plants outdoors?

5) Clean/sort in den and garage.

I get a lot more accomplished by being in this group. Thank you for being here.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:36 PM   #487  

good evening! jendiet and emilylarnder, things will get better. all of us have struggled. I went for another power walk before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:21 PM   #488  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1555 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (740 Calories)
3 coconut fried shrimp 240 calories
1 serving bread 100 calories
small sirloin 250 calories
steamed veggies 150 calories

Exercise:
JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/8's, JS 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/8's, 1 Mile Express Abs walk, I have over 11,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 03-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #489  

good night again! will be shutting down early tonight. tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:58 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Evening

Hi All,

1574 cal today, stayed in plan, but it was hard to estimate the dinner.
Thai eggplant vegetable at a favorite Thai place for our guest's bday.
Yum. Only a tablespoon of rice.

I feel totally like I ate too much, so I am dreading the scale tomorrow. Feel bloated.

Nancylmrn- cheering you on to the 10lb mark! Way to go on the workout.

Ciecie- Good for you on meeting your fitness goals. Powerwalking while having a haircut- that must be some hair dresser!

EmilyL- nice calories and exercise!

Teri- good job on the walk and vegetables! I so hear you on dieting taking up concentration. Funny how not doing something - like not eating- can take energy.

Diana- I get a lot out of your words of wisdom. Great on the steps today.

Grannynancy- All those steps. And the calories out more than the calories in- and maintaining. Awesome!

Jen- Good going on one meal today! Way to keep persevering. Pulling for a breakthrough for you! A guy at work here lost and has kept off 100 pounds on one meal a day. He got used to it after a while. And has done it for years now.

Flower- thinking of you in Boston!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:08 PM   #491  
Trying to live below 200

Zallie I bet you feel bloated from the sodium. It sounds like you did well.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:57 AM   #492  

Hi all
thank you very much for the good wishes. i am honestly and deeply grateful. This is a very difficult for me on many levels. I expect to go home on Friday. But that may change.
Today food
coffee 150
bamba 480
sample 30
chocolate balls 150
Chicken with coconut aminos 150
total 960
fitting into old clothes.

I hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday. I will travel that day. Thank you all for being such good kind people <3 <3 <3

Last edited by flower123; 03-26-2019 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:06 AM   #493  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Flower, will be thinking of you during your Boston trip. God be with you.

Emily

Nancylmrn, impressive on your workouts, as always! You must be toning up really nicely!

Yesterday's goals were mostly met. Need to focus a tad more on getting in my full fiber intake today.

Today's goals:
treadmill, situps & stretching, veggies, FIBER, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:45 AM   #494  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 132.2 Drop. 1735 in 1824 out. 16,455 steps. Yin yoga. BP 113/77 [logging BP every morning for awhile since I got off the medicines]
Spot check. For the past 4 weeks average intake is 1835 in and 1875 out. Weight trend-line is fairly steady.
Today is planned at 1315 with room for more if earned.

Yesterday was a frustrating day. DH could not get himself up and out the door until 630 and then was slower than molasses. He is a good man. I love him but I had memories of how lean and athletic I was when we met and how I let go of many of the things I loved to do because while he 'wanted" to do them it was such a darned hassle with him always complaining about discomfort (camping, hiking, cycling) and instead we hit the party scene and the weight piled on. He did respect my distaste for loud music in crowded smoky venues but I belong in the outdoors and moving through space and time. I did not even have a TV when we met. Oh, I can't regret it. I have two daughters, two granddaughters, and a son in law and all are good loving people. DH is a good loving person who is kind to me. The further along you go the more the connections are part of who you are and it is all very complex. I am certain there are things about me he wished were different as well. Well he is actually ready to go so I will come back to personals later.

EDIT Ok back from the walk. He got ready then had to eat something then had to visit the PF and I just went out the door and said "I need to knock out at least a mile fast - crazy lady is NEVER up this early. Good. I got 3.8 mph walk and tomorrow I am going to do 2 before we walk. That way we can still walk together at his painfully slow pace and I can get in something aerobic. If I can get back to two early walks I can take one dog with me before I walk with him. His speed is too slow for the dogs and I get it.

I know I am not the only one here taking a different fitness journey than their spouse. Relating to it all is a challenge. I want to go biking in the mountains, hiking, camping. all those things. sigh.

Nancy - it is definitely working for you! You will be under 160 before you know it! It honestly is NOT the day to day stuff but the over time stuff that makes the difference I think. The drinks are fine but drinks several times a week "add up" etc. I think the points thing gives you that tool to work with. Guess somebody needs to carry spare towels in the car, eh? Glad you were able to work it out though. Working from home makes "going to the gym a real time-sucker. Slowly healing down in the girly parts world so need to restart that resistance training slowly.

Flower - Sending you good energy and prayers for your trip.

Jendiet - Still praying for you to find your way out of this food trap. Will continue praying that God will heal you and steer your course. Hang in there. You know there is a way that can work and help you face these cravings.

Ciece - I always like how I feel after a hair cut.

Emily - Just keep your focus and maybe that dress will have to be taken in my October.

Diana - I know you frequently make frittattas. mine wind up being scrambles . Maybe it is too much veggie matter (yesterday I shredded a large zuke, squeezed out all the moisture and tried making a 2 egg fritatta as I am trying to eat those eggs for the choline despite the "new" stuff saying they are bad again - They need to make up their minds on this nonsense.

Zallie - I absolutely LOVE Thai Eggplant - well at least the sweet basil recipe which I make but they make better. Actually a lot of Thai food. Indian food. So many neat flavors out there. Making a curry today for lunch. MMMM. You may have a sodium bump - you know most Thai places are pretty good at adjusting menu items so I ask them no salt and add my own soy sauce.

Teri - If you create a habit around your diet or anything you want to do long term, it becomes "automatic" and so much easier. I was overwhelmed when I started doing my current diet and now it is a way of life. Oh posting here and talking about it all actually also takes time but it is part of the daily rhythm and so valuable and does not seem a burden (though I have tried popping in on other threads and this is the one I always stick with )

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-26-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #495  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

I had the stomach pain again last night. It was not as bad as it has been in the past. I noticed yesterday at lunch, after I ate my apple, some weirdness, a bit bloated and feeling like there was gas building up. I took some gas x but didn't notice any relief. By the time I went to bed I was in pain and took some more gas x. The gas x did start working and like normal the pain gas gone early morning. Apples are high in that gas producing component. I really enjoy eating my apple daily. I cannot eat much citrus since it triggers acid for me. I have taken digestive enzymes in the past and I still have a bottle. I'm not sure if the digestive enzyme will help. I currently take the alpha-galactosidase enzyme with each meal. Maybe it's the fiber in the apple and the digestive enzyme would be helpful along with the alpha-galactosidase enzyme. Even though apples, broccoli, etc are healthy, it's not good if it causes problems. I don't like having to keep adding supplements into my regimen to fix a problem from food, etc. If I peel the apple would that fix the problem? But the healthiest part of the apple is the skin right? I know broccoli is problematic since I ate some a couple months ago and felt those twinges soon after. Any ideas of how to proceed from here? TIA

Flower Keeping you in my prayers.

Jen I too keep praying that the Lord would take away my desire to overeat. But I think He is using me and my issues somehow.

Grannynancy I can relate to what you are going through. My DH is in very poor health. I think he would like it if I went back to my old way of eating. I know my health couldn't sustain that lifestyle. Some health issues are genetic, I understand, but others are from our actions. My DH has no interest in eating healthy, walking for health, etc. Every day is a challenge in that department. I feel that I have to stay healthy because someone has to do for him and keep him going. We are still very much in love and enjoy spending time together. But there are a lot of compromises on both sides. We are getting ready to go out of town for the Memorial weekend. I would like to go for walks, hikes, etc. He has no interest what so ever. So we will have a nice relaxing vacation, so that will be OK too. That's why I get hotels with an indoor pool so I can get fitness like that. Sometimes I will venture out and go for a walk on my own. I feel like a science experiment sometimes. According to CT scans and Ultra Sounds, there's nothing wrong. When I have an episode the pain level has decreased significantly. So I feel like I am on the right track, but who knows.

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1555 +
Weigh In: 187.6
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
March 26

Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee: and shall say, 'Destroy them.'

It's strange to think of food as 'the enemy,' but that's the best way to look at it if we want to be effective in our diets. Taking off the pounds is a battle. In every battle we need ammunition. As Christ-ians, our ammunition comes from the Spirit of God that dwells within us all the time. God becomes our fortress; our refuge against the assaults of fattening foods. If we think we can fight the battle alone, we will find it doesn't take long before we tire. At those times we will wish we had someone to take over. Thank the Lord that God is there, and He never tires of fighting alongside His children.

Today's thought: Dieting makes losers winners!
Closed Thread