Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 05:31 AM   #346  

Hi all
I am going to try to do as many personals as possible. But not sure how far I will get. The upside of that is I will not be taking up as much real estate on the feed,
Jules congrats on getting through the week of the emotional eating detox. Sorry your son was in full tantrum mode. But you seem to have handled it quite well.

Jen congrats on the new low. WTG !!!

Nancy L great that your DH was able to walk the 5 miles... Pain free. And YOU had a weight loss. great!

Ciecie not surprised that you got your power walks in for the day. You continue to be an inspiration

Diana "over 1200 steps" sounds amazing to me

Zallie, did you meet today' goal of 400 calories? That sounds so low. I think you are doing great. Cognitive of the slip ups. and you keep trying. This is the formula for success in the future if not in the moment. Because of the cognition I believe you are prevailing. Even during days it seems not.

Granny you have learned so much about your process as you have lots the weight. The mindset. The slips. And the getting back on track.

Diana I hope you get a better night sleep on Sunday. Great that you are down to your pre binge weight.

Rachael I love that you have rescue cats. I know you are a good cat mom. I can hear it in what you say <3 GREAT that you have stayed on plan.

Momwannabe. WTG having coffee while others were having comfort food bread. That is commitment. I am so impressed. No wonder you are proud of you! and the weight loss. Congratulations! I heard about the electricity being turned off in SO Africa. A friend is visiting. And she had 3 minutes to talk before the power went out.

Jen Congrats on getting the calories down to 1200. and on doing your taxes.

Hi to anyone I missed. Weekend, Kilijpia, Syck and all

yesterday i ate way too much, Probably around 2100 calories. Today i ate around 1200
I have long noticed a habit of mine. If I find that I have lost weight on the scale, I eat more than i should. Thus sabotaging continuing loss. I think this is why I need to not weigh myself. often at all. I need to just stick with the diet. I am doing emotional eating. But am cutting back on other foods. Nutritionally this is a problem. But for now its what I seem to need to do
Coffee 150
Bamba 480
Volpi Rolini stick 120
4 chocolate covered peanut balls 180
chicken with cabbage and coconut Aminos 210
Total for day 1140 I will take it! Although I do need to add spiriulina to my diet. I am not getting any greens,.

I hope you all have a great Monday.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #347  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. 137.0. Exceeded the guard-bands of 132-136. DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER

No PF except for a tease since Friday, yesterday was 15,962 steps - 1533 in 1826 out. for the week my average dailies was 1538 in and 1790 burned. BP today 113/78. Today is already planned and is 1433 calories and I think regardless of what I do no snacking period. I am certain there are some snacking calories the last few days that did not get recorded and THAT is problematic. I am certain the events of last week have upped my emotional ante and I need to cope in other ways. Prayer. Prayer.

Going to the magistrate today to get the forms for the restraining order. The whole thing still tearing me up inside. Beau and I went to the park yesterday to walk and Tilly and I will go today at lunch but I still have to walk before work and with DH it is slow; the sensation of walking fast felt so good . I just can't be that far away from my desk during the work day. The lunch break is stretching it and I am lagging on a project. We have determined the vacation with the grandkids and will be going to SW FL to go shelling on the beach and other things (Thomas Edison House, etc.). I do know with upcoming travel I really have to have my act in gear.

Jendiet - Congrats on hitting a new Low
Jules - I am sure that was tough with your son.
Nancy - Glad you DH did well with the walk - Did you just hit a new low?
Zallie - you get to be human you know. We all rant. I am sorry you had a rough weekend.

EDIT-As we were walking I was so angry. Angry that I have to wait for my husband and we start walking too late for me to get in 4 miles before work. Angry that I have to walk slow. Angry that I can't take my dogs. Angry that I have to strap on a go pro and then deal with the files and the battery , set my phone to voice record (more sensitive microphone), Angry that I have to have pepper spray. Angry that I have to modify where I go because it is unsafe to do otherwise. I will own this anger and am doing the things I can to stop this nonsense. The truth is she is not up at 5 am and leaves her house only at 730 to drive her teenage kid to catch the bus. She has negatively impacted my life since her stinking dog bit me this time last year. I hurt knowing how much she hates me for being alive. I fear she will carry out her threats.

Last edited by grannynancy; 03-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning!

Zalllie, I am praying for peace of mind for you with all that you have going on. I, like Nancy did, will need to look up what pickleball is!

Jen, way to go on your taxes! Also on your 177!

My average daily calorie intake for the past week was 1276. I'm happy with that.

Today's goals:
fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Thinking of you all and grateful for you all!!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:53 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 170/155/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Week 2 results

2nd week lost 3 plus lbs.
Down 9.2 lbs from March first high of 170.
Know some of this is water weight, but it is still in the right direction, despite having some bad days.

Yesterday, on plan,127 calories.
And made the week goal of averaging less than 1200 cal a day, at 1158 calories.
Happy that I avoided pizza, cake, wine, and allowed myself just one half cookie at the bday party.
Back and is a little better as is the knee.
Very little paperwork done. I am so good at avoiding that.
Focused on daughter and indefinitely staying guest and also made some more paint and trim decisions, which believe it or not, are stressful for me.

Hooe you all meet your goals today.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post

I did wake up to a NEW LOW of 177.6 and I made my 10k step goal. Praise God..OK going to let this charge and going to bed.
Congrats!

Old 03-18-2019, 08:08 AM   #351  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full body stretch and some exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1560 +
Weigh In: 189
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 18

2 Timothy 1:12
. . .I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

'You can't lose weight. You've never stuck with anything in your whole life.' Those words haunt me all the time-every time I slip and eat something I know I shouldn't. I hate it when people think I'm too weak to succeed in my diet. I hate it even more when I prove them right. Still, being ashamed of failing at my diet is often good for me. If I am ashamed enough, then it helps me stick with it the next time. God has helped me a lot to conquer negative shame. I have committed my diet to Him, and He is true to help me keep on track.

Today's thought: I'll prove to all my skeptical friends that I am capable of losing weight.

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-18-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5-7.5

Smile Daily accountability and gratitude list :)

Feeling so grateful for all of the support here!
Grateful that I made it another day sticking to my food plan.
glad to be alive and healthy.
So happy to have NOT given in to last night’s desire for sweets and other foods that are not on my food plan.

I’m going to make it again today!

Have a a great day, everyone and best wishes!
Old 03-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #353  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI UP 1.4lb this am for no reason known to man (only my body knows for sure LOL) 163.4lb. This baffles me since I went on two very good walk/hikes this weekend. 20,000+ steps on Saturday and 12,000+ on Sunday and 'points' were actuall on the low side with only 6 on Sat and 13 on Sunday. I know this must be some kind of water protest. I feel confident that come WI day on Wednesday morning this will be gone?????
Today's foods, well this weeks foods are all planned out with 'points' between 12-18 per day. I do not eat back my activity points or roll overs and feel completely satisfied with the amount of food I am eating and such a small amount processed. i.e. grandola on greek yogurt etc.

Granny you asked if hat was a new low on Sunday morning, yes that would be a new low for this past 2 years but not my new low....which I found an old spreadsheet in a saved folder on a jump drive LOL dated 2011/2012 (yes I love my spreadsheets) the low on that one was 152.00 so have a ways to go to hit that one....but my goal of 154.0 before we go to SC at the end of May still seems doable. My low for the past 2.5 years would be 158.0. I am also sorry that your crazy lady neighbor (of sorts) is taking the power away from you to be safe.
Dianasp4 welocme to the check in, yes the support here is awesome!
Diana yeah a drop even with our hectic day on Sunday
Zallie congrats on the huge loss so far this month that is terrific.....<sigh> I will get there LOL
Rachal great job on the weekly goals, that is amazing
Jen and a new low to you girl...high five

**side note, today looks like one of those ~~~there is not enough food in my path today~~I am hungry even after eating my cup yogurt with granola and chia and 2 hard boiled eggs

Last edited by nancylmrn; 03-18-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:00 PM   #354  

good afternoon! 2 miles leslie Sansone this morning. power walked and ran errands before I met with h & r block today. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:46 PM   #355  

Default Hi All

Nancylmrn- with all that you did last weekend and how little you ate, you deserve to see action on that scale downwards. It probably is just water. So keep up the good work; it will show in the end. Did you eat bread? I know my weight tends to go up whenever I do. It makes me retain water, but I do love it, so still eat it sometimes. I have been inspired by you want to do more weights after I recover.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #356  

Default Hi

Diana- going to make your plan today! Great!

All,
Thanks to all of your help I am on track. Albeit for only 2 weeks.

I have NEVER actually tracked every calorie I have eaten for two weeks.

I have started many times, but on the days I binged or overate, just gave up and did not want to actually track the humongous calories or look at the scale. I was too ashamed.

Only you, this wonderful group has gotten me to own up to the truth.

And surprisingly I have found I can still meet weekly goals with having a day of eating 4000+ calories. That means that all is not lost. Who'd have thunk that?

It gives me hope that there actually may be a path to realizing my goal.

Thank you.

Grannynancy- guard bands and red alert! Love the enthusiasm to get back to it. If I ever get to my goal I think I too want to have guard bands and alerts.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:12 PM   #357  

Default Hi again

Jen-- Fabulous on your steps and 177! Rejoice!

Rachel- super on sticking to your plan. Seems like consistently too. Sweet.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #358  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Flower Do you drink caffeinated coffee or decaf? I have noticed that I have a lot of anxiety on Sunday. I think this has to do with being around more people at church. I noticed this past Sunday that I wanted to binge again. I have kept a mental note and I think it has to do with going to church and being around more people. In my personal life, in the past, I have only been around my parents and my husband. I am also an only child with few family. So, I'm thinking that's what the problem is. I am wondering if drinking decaf or half decaf, half caff. would help? What are your thoughts? I do well while at church, but when I leave I feel very anxious, uncomfortable, and just not right.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/8's, JS 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/8's, TJ 20 Minute workout I am close to my steps, so I will finish that off before bed.

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 03-18-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:43 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

The website was on the fritz for me...so I am going to repost what I posted earlier and then do some catch up...

My post last night was so "fly by" it didn't even post?

Granny, I know you are frustrated about that large amount of calories when the grand kids were there, but at least you are resolved to continue with your plan...yes kiddos do unleash a Barage of snacking opportunities and food jealousy for me...I pray for peace and wisdom on getting your taxes done including extension time if needed.

Nancy, wooT on the 162 and the 5lb charm!!! And the 5mi walk and that dh wasn't in that much pain.

Ciecie, hope you enjoyed ToBA last night, I used to. Busy day? Busier than normal??

momwb, awesome on the 11.2 lbs!!

Zallie, Im sorry you hurt your back. I pray complete restoration and range of motion for you in Jesus name. I also pray for peace in stressful social situations.

Rachel, thank God the flooding only affected the basement, so sorry you had to deal with that though! Glad you are ok.

Diana, good job on your exercise goals and food goals.

Emily, syk, Larry, Terri...hope all is well

177.6 yesterday so that IS NEW LOW. Was hoping for lower today but I woke up not feeling well...scratchy throat ear fullness ..I slept in ..but I was still feeling fatigue after coffee and so I took an iron pill...

10,000 steps yesterday, so made my goal with a few jogging sessions. ..my tracker lost connectivity so I couldn't figure out the reason and reset everything and lost my data I believe. .

but I made goal and will try to again today...

178.6 but at least under 180 and going to do OMAD today..

made corned beef and cabbage yesterday and ate that for a small dinner after my main meal @3pm...1503 for yeaterday calories...so hopefully OMAD will get me down a little more..

-------------

Granny, I can understand your feelings. I know that type of pain from what my ex did and the threats he made to me and then acted like he was the good guy. SomethING terribly broken in people like them...and I truly believe God puts them on our path to show us the sufferings of Jesus. Which we were warned "in this world, you will have trouble"

I pray that God shows you how broken and messed up she has to be to come at you like that..

when I heard my ex say "my mom shuns you if you don't do things her way" I had a mini vision of him sitting in a room crying as a little boy because he was nonexistent to his mom because he had messed up...and my heart softened towards him....

my dad was also somewhat brutish with a very bad temper and he forbid me to come to his house more than once, but God showed me that his dad was unmerciful and beat him when he was younger, and this was learned behavior...

so please don't think I'm excusing her behavior. .I'm not...what she did is wrong...but you don't have to get eaten up inside about it, if you could just see her as the scared vicious hamster that she is...

Zallie, as a FORMER binger, I totally understand that mentality. I'm glad you found tracking to be a help and have learned not to be defeated by one day of bad choices. I hate paperwork and I'm a nurse.

yay, ciecie, on getting started on your taxes before deadline. I still haven't got an accepted or rejected letter/text yet.

Nancy, I'm sure your legs are awesome and I bet what you are seeing is some overall swelling from the hike. Big hugs. It will whoosh off. I think if you don't make goal before SC you will be 3-5 lbs from it and that is awesome!!

Diana, yay on the .4 down!! Going in the right direction. That's what matters!!!

Dianasp4, WELCOME, and good thing to keep up--GRATITUDE. yay for keeping goals!!

Rachel, yay for CONSISTENCY.

ok, back up to 178.6...I have to admit..I saw 178 and blew off the scale...so it could have been a .2 or .4...I'll know tomorrow. I did not make step goal but despite sleeping almost all day...several naps I got 6513 steps, so when I was awake, I was,busy.

I was exhausted with a sore throat today. It actually felt like it was on fire...I had ds3 tell the pain to get out...I told him "tell it like it's a bad dog" and he put both his hands on my throat and told it to get out, he got mad, at first I thought he was mad at me, but he firmly commanded the pain to get out of his mommy.. and it DID thank you Jesus....I know we are supposed to take authority. When Peters wife lay sick with a fever, the bible says He REBUKED the fever. I imagine a rebuke from Jesus to be very firm....just like when he told Peter "Get Behind Me Satan"..so I'm teaching my children about their authority in the kingdom. I have prayed for people and seen healing and then I have prayed and not seen anything, but I believe we must keep doing it...

I hope tomorrow is A MUCH BETTER DAY. I have to work the day shift tomorrow and I want to go do the coffee for the homeless too.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:16 PM   #360  

good night all! won't be going to see dad tomorrow. will be getting things done here at home. will be shutting down in a few minutes.
Closed Thread