Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 02:32 PM   #166  

Hi all
i am back from my family visit. I observed a lot. Onserved where there was authenticity vs. inauthenticity, wisdom vs. deep wounding without benefit of conscious choice. While it was often quite painful I am extremely glad and grateful I was able to go.

There was no attention paid to diet diet while I was away. Monday I intend to get back on plan... in moderation.
Posting from my iPad. So personals will come very late tonight when I get on the laptop.

hoping you all have a great Sunday <3
Old 02-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #167  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Flower and welcome back.
Old 02-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

WOW!! Intermittent fasting was exactly what I needed to break my plateau. Eight (8) pounds lost since Friday.

Made Instant Pot spare ribs for DW and I from an online recipe. First I removed the membrane and put on the recipe dry rub on both sides of the ribs. I placed the trivet in the IP and then the ribs in a circle on it. Pressure cooked for 35 minutes. After cooking I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for DW's portion. I ate mine just as they came out of the pot. They were falling off the bone tender, moist and the flavor was to die for. Definitely will make them again. So much quicker than the oven or grill. The recipe called for light brown sugar but I used Swerve sweetener instead.
https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/instant-pot-ribs/
Old 02-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #169  

HI everyone

Nice to get your news as always and I hope everyone had a great weekend! Flower wb I am so glad that you made it and I hope that you feel better and had an enjoyable time. Nancy, whoa girl, you look great! Omg, your jeans look like the type I wear! I love bootcut leg pants! I tell you I found these active wear ones, (kohls) sport bootcut and they are so nice! They are black and so comfortable with a waistband thing, I wear them all the time...I want to buy mom some! ANyhow, you take care in that snow and stay warm and safe!

Things are going well on my end, meals plans have been good...it really helps me not having the stuff in the house. Getting my bearings back. DH is ok and that is numero uno.

Jen, sound like you had a good day! You keep on trucking girl! One day at a time we go! This journey isn't always easy by any means but again we never fail if we don't give up and we won't! hugsss

larry , that is fantastic news, congratssss! A big hi to all of you and again sorry I missed anyone. HOpe to catch up with you all soon.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:12 PM   #170  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
HI everyone

Nancy, whoa girl, you look great! Omg, your jeans look like the type I wear! I love bootcut leg pants! I tell you I found these active wear ones, (kohls) sport bootcut and they are so nice! They are black and so comfortable with a waistband thing, I wear them all the time...I want to buy mom some! ANyhow, you take care in that snow and stay warm and safe!
Weekned, those jeans are some of my go to jeans, old navy curvy boot cul LOL
Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #171  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday and today I made sure I filled a water bottle and drank my water. I have been slacking on the weekends with my water.

Grannynancy Congrats on the new low!

Weekend Boater & nancylmrn I also wear bootcut jeans!

Total Approx 1425 calories +

Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (650 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 450 calories
iced coffee 50 calories
snack later grapes 150 calories

Dinner (525 calories)
soup made with Health Valley Chicken & rice soup 200 caloris
added in extra carrots & celery 50 calories
added in chicken 125
fresh pineapple 150 calories

Exercise
Leslie Sansone Miracle Miles 3 Miles w/band
Later: I added on 2 miles with JS. That give me 5 miles and 10,225 steps.

Have a Blessed Evening

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:57 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Omg..Larry drool and wow on the weight loss!!!

Nancy, you are so cute. I like bootleg too.

Diana, me too on the water.

weekend, glad your mind is at ease concerning DH, and you are having success without the stuff in the house.

flower, sorry your family gathering left you feeling like that big hugs.

around 1200 today and 182 3 on scale this AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #173  

larryh, congrats on the weight-loss!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:28 AM   #174  

Diana Great that you are adding that water drinking in to your daily routine. I know it can be a challenge for many to keep up with the water. Thanks for the WB I appreciate it

Nancylmrn wow, you look GREAT !!! Love the pic. So glad you decided to change the Avatar. I hope you leave it up. Is the weather in the PNW better now? I do hope so. 13 inches is so unusual there. We are expecting around 12 inches on Tuesday and Wednesday. But thats common for where I live.

Weekend glad things are going well. Especially with DH. But with you as well

Larry the weigh loss is amazing. Congrats. The ribs sound great.

Ciecie I admire all your power walks.

GrannyNancy Congrats on the new low. You are doing great! Hope the dog training went well.

Rachael Great that you kept the calories to 1300. I agree with "progress, not perfection"

momwannabe Congrats on the loss. you are doing great. I hear ya re making sure the diet is one you can stick with. Otherwise, I agree that it doesnt work in the long run. GREAT re the Cardio. I think you are approaching this with great dedication.

Jen your tracker died? Is this a permanent condition? Or can it be resuscitated? I do hope it can. Congrats on eating less than 1300 calories.
I hope your throat was much better. And that you did not get sick

Hi to anyone I missed

Sunday I was not great with eating. But I did not plan to be. Dinner was fine. I stayed away from sugar all day. I am trying to resist baking something sweet with the 2 remaining eggs I have in the house.

I am in process if recovering from the visit. Sleeping a lot. Still in a daze. My mother and brother can be horribly cruel.
So its a bit odd to process that. My goal is always to be kind to them. Which I was. There were some other goals. Some of which I reached better than others. I have no regrets about going. I would have stayed longer if it was possible to do so. When I come out of the daze I will be able to do a much more complete assessment of things. I cannot change the actions and behaviors of these people. All I can do is to be as authentic as possible with myself, which I think was successful.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default good morning

flower123, Yay, you're back! You were missed. I'm so sorry for your troubling visit. Kudos to you for showing kindness in a hostile atmosphere; that's not easy. God bless you & give you peace and healing.

Larry, how encouraging to you and the rest of us to hear news of your dramatic plateau break!

At the end of the week, I average my daily caloric intake. This past week's was 1213, so I am very happy with that. No weight loss but that's okay. I will persevere.

Today's plan: fiber, sit-ups & stretching, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Do you guys ever plan rewards for yourselves when you reach a certain mark? I've never done that before, but think I will start doing that. Maybe at five pound increments. And I mean "non-food" rewards.

May you all have an encouraging day!
Old 02-11-2019, 06:33 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 132.0 - Hold - 1529 in / 1787 out. 14,373 steps. Today is planned and is compliant with my program and is 1622 calories with an attempt to continue to shift to more good fat, fewer carbs because even the complex carbs make me sleepy after meals.

It is raining out and chilly so I don't want to walk but think I must "get it over with" in the am. In the dark. In the cold. Dogs and I have lighted vests and traffic is respectable in the neighborhood but like many in the SE = sidewalks are "not a thing"

Larry - Congrats on breaking your plateau! You are clearly driven at making this work.
Flower - hugs - I know you were dreading the trip and the fact that you went, you made observations and were able to move through and past it is so uplifting. I pray you continue to find strength on your journey
WB - Out of sight out of mind. It is a constant battle for me.
Diana - Good behaviors. New scale soon or just going to focus on eating and all that?
Jendiet - Great focus. One day at a time.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #177  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Grannynancy I ordered a new scale and it's suppose to be delivered today. I have most deliveries to come to our work since we are there. It says before 8 PM but we close at 5. I have had this before and we didn't get it that day, it was the next on their early run. We'll see.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1425 +
N*W*I

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 11

Romans 12:21
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Fat is the enemy. We have declared war, and it takes every ounce of strength we have to wage the battle. Yet, it is a battle well worth fighting. We sometimes need to look at fat as an enemy. We need to think of it as evil, in order to stay serious about battling it. If we allow ourselves to believe that it is anything less than evil, we stand in danger of learning to live with it. That can never be. It is an effrontery to the Christian life to allow evil to overcome that which is good. Rather, let us always strive to overcome what is evil with what is good.

Today's thought: I will not rest until the enemy has been eradicated!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-11-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #178  

diana, amazon always says it will be here 8 p.m. when I've ordered from them. the package is always here before that. will be going for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Another four (4) pounds down this morning.

GrannyNancy Be careful with no sidewalk and dark. A lot of pedestrians hit and killed down here

Rachel1234 I have never planned a reward but it is an idea

Flower123 When I go to family events I remind myself that I don't have to attend every argument that I am invited to

Cecie Thank You

Jendiet Thank You

Nancylmrn Snow looks like my old home in Western New York

Weekend Boater Thank You

Last edited by Larry H; 02-11-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Larry, thank you for your concern. I wear this! AND a reflective vest.
My dogs also have the dog version! Great product for anyone walking in the dark.
I set to glow not flash because glow is actually better for drivers to determine distance. Thing is so bright I don't need a flashlight to see where I am going!

https://www.noxgear.com/tracer360
Closed Thread