Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 265/135/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Good Morning 133.2 bump up yesterday was 1974 in and 1865 out along with 13,843 steps and resistance training AND 1 hour of yoga; I did eat popcorn but added 2 tsp of olive oil and today has no pocorn in the plans. When it is gone it is gone.

Today is planned for 1411 calories and has a much higher ratio of fat with fewer carbs. I was wiped out after breakfast with 66 grams of carb

walking ASAP due to the pending rain. Ick.

WB - Yes, I have been monitoring; I take losartan and not the brand under recall but it is scary. All our drugs are made in China and India anymore. Of course years ago the FDA changed how they inspected things by pretty much letting industry police themselves and mainly doing quality systems reviews. Sorry but you can buy ISO certification and not embrace true quality improvements. I digress.

Momwannabe - congrats on the drop

Nancy - wow on your snow. Just wow. Epic. Did you hear about Hawaii and the 191 mph winds?

Jendiet - will pray for you for resolve!
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:33 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 168/158.5/138

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Jendiet, praying for you and your mammogram today. May He give you His peace which surpasses all understanding.

I went over my caloric intake goal yesterday by about 200 calories. I had to have some chocolate. Sure enjoyed it! I met the other goals.

Today's goals: treadmill, sit-ups & stretching, veggies, fiber, 1200 calories, 2 liters water.

I'm so grateful for you all just being here. I'm feeling impatient about slow loss, which it will be. I've been down this road before......losing, gaining, losing, gaining it back, etc. I need to have patience and look closely at what makes me gain back the weight, once I've lost it. I am 56 years old; it just takes longer to lose, too, at my age.

That's why I've decided to reward myself at 5 pound increments. I will focus on my five pound goals, instead of the whole deal. I've always wanted to have my teeth whitened. It's cheaper now than it was several years ago. That'll be my reward for when I reach weight of 155. That'll be fun!

Thanks for letting me vent!!! Just needed you to listen. Perseverance!!! I know I can lose it; the real issue is maintenance when I get to my goal!!! That's the biggest challenge for me!!

May you all have encouragement today for your journeys.
Rachel1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:49 AM   #198  

jendiet, hope your mammogram turns out okay. just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #199  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Jen Praying for you today.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
N*W*I, no scale

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 12

2 Peter 2:9
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.

I remember when I proposed to my wife, I wanted to call home and let everyone know. I called, but the line was busy. I was so excited that I just sat and kept dialing until I broke through. I must have called a hundred times before my efforts paid off. I finally got through because of persistence. Persistence is one of the most important ingredients of a successful diet. The Bible tells us often that God is pleased by our persistence, and He will reward us for it. God will deliver us, if we will keep trying no matter what happens. Just don't give up!

Today's thought: No matter what happens, I will keep trying to lose weight!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 09:25 AM   #200  

Jen, I missed the mammogram. Will pray for you!
Old 02-12-2019, 11:05 AM   #201  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to everyone!
WI not good up again, even with all the snow walking! It is hard to get 10,000+ step that way but I have done now the past few days. No work again today which is really making me kinda crazy around the house. DH has gone into work but he has a truck and self employed if he does not go to work he does not pay the bills LOL....oh wait a minute isn't that the way it is with everyone???? Today I have made a vow to start logging my foods again I have been very lax on it for the past week. With the gain I need to see what is going sideways and I know being at home it is too easy to take a bite here and there and not realize what I am eating.

Jen how did the mammogram go? I have one every other year-- the tech's are pretty quick and efficient when it comes to positioning you in the 'vise'
granny I did not hear about HI, we don't have television and I have to go hunt for news feeds on my computer to keep up with the world, and the past few days I have been in snow mode LOL

I am sure I will be back later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #202  

Default Intro

Hi everyone - My name is Ann. I have gained 30 lbs in only several months (4-5 months I think -- from stress and Italian food). I am now at my heaviest (with about 40 lbs to lose) and for some reason I can't find a motivation throughout the day. I dislike the way I look. I look like I am 6 months pregnant.

I have started on WW for 2 months. However, due to work , I keep eating over my points. I want to lose weight by the summer, or at least have 10-20 lbs off before the summer. I think that is doable since I am obese.

Since I am on WW, I will be eating a mixture of free food.

For today:

Brunch:
Roasted chicken breast from Safeway
Salad/cucumber

Snack (2-3 pm):
Hard boiled eggs
with 3 oz of brown rice (if needed)
Apple or orange

Dinner:
SO is cooking, so I don't know yet.

WORKOUT:
5:00 pm - Jog for 2 miles - Walk until 10, 000 steps !

If anyone has any suggestion or motivation, I would love to hear it!
KitKat85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:01 PM   #203  
Trying to live below 200

KitKat85 Hi and welcome to the check-in.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #204  
Trying to live below 200

nancylmrn This will help with the steps. I like to load up these 1 mile workouts and do them throughout the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azbb...3&t=0s&list=WL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UlH...4&t=4s&list=WL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuan...t=626s&list=WL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpFq...7&t=5s&list=WL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivEQ...&t=21s&list=WL

1 Mile upper body with weights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivEQ...&t=21s&list=WL

1 Mile lower body with weights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAzP...0&t=0s&list=WL

5 Mile approx 10,000 steps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOxGiWJOZOc&t=103s

Old 02-12-2019, 04:07 PM   #205  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Diana I am getting ready to do the 10,000 step one since I am bored to tears here with no way to get out until DH gets home

nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #206  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello!

So since I can't do a ton of exercise due to my healing finger, after extensive research, I'm attempting a version of IF called ADF (Alternate day fasting) in order to increase calorie deficit while not decreasing my metabolism. Today is my first fast day.
Breakfast: Coffee w/ half&half and sugar free whipped cream
Water, water
flavored sparkling water for later

So about DF & my wedding - Our pastor has agreed to marry us, BUT... we live together so we must either move out, or get legally married and he will do the religious ceremony for us next year. So while I am still on light duty, Ryan and I are going to get legally married, because moving out isn't an option. Plus, when I'm not around, his PTSD flares up and he gets horrible night terrors/ nightmares.
In a Christian standpoint, we know living together is wrong. So we just want to do it right, and sorry if this is TMI, but we have recently pledged to be abstinent until we're married. He is my best friend and we are really in love, so I am just excited for this. I can't change my username, but in a few weeks my last name will legally be Hultman!
The way we see it, the legal wedding will be the legal part, and the ceremony next year will be our REAL wedding, where we state our vows to God. Because that's a real wedding for us, not just a document.

nancy- awesome job with the steps!
KitKat - Welcome!! You can do it!

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 02-12-2019 at 04:51 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:29 PM   #207  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

After doing even more research, it appears that Intermittent fasting (ADF in particular) leads to improved immune function. Not sure how that works, but I thought that was interesting.

As the day goes by, I keep trying to drink as much water as I can. Just a minute ago, my stomach growled, and I thought to myself, "I don't remember the last time I felt this!" So it goes to show that sometimes I eat just to have my next meal, and that I am not truly hungry. So after my hunger pangs pass, that is when the body resorts to fat stores for energy. If I need to, I have a cup of soup I can heat up and eat!
Hopefully this journey will be good insight into my eating habits, and help me remember what true hunger is.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #208  

Emily - I appreciate your values. Not TMI. I made mistakes when I was younger and seeking out love and am so grateful my mistakes never resulted in decisions that could have haunted me for the rest of my life. This is for you - part of my approach has been intermittent fasting 16:8.

Now, I am not eating a nutrarian diet but think his observations are valid and his diet actually did shape some of the program I am on and is followed by its founder. So the point of the link is it helped me understand 'hunger" vs "feeling hungry" - I can now appreciate feeling "empty"

https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/ea...s-toxic-hunger
Old 02-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #209  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

grannynancy - Thank you! As a 23-year-old Christian conservative, I am blessed to have found Ryan - who has all the same important values that I do! It's rare to find in our age group. Plus we share some of the same "love languages," which I have also never experienced with ex-boyfriends. I truly believe God made us for each other. I know that's corny. But he and I have been through a lot - both were in abusive relationships at one point, Ryan suffers from PTSD and I not only know how to handle it, but when I am around it alleviates his symptoms almost 100%. It's just too perfect to not believe that. I also never wanted children in previous relationships. Now I am suuuper excited to have children with Ryan - I've seen him with kids and he will be an awesome dad.
I could go on and on LOL.
Anyway, I tried the 16:8 fast, but it doesn't work well with my work schedule; I never know when I will be able to take a break.

I had bone broth and oyster crackers for dinner. I am supposed to stay under 500 calories on these "fasting days," or, "Down days" and I am at 280. Results happen faster if it is zero, but I need to work my way into it! If I need to eat before bed I plan to have a hard-boiled egg.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:09 PM   #210  
Trying to live below 200

Emily I agree, not TMI. I appreciate and respect your decisions. I am excited and happy for you and Ryan. My DH & I are "rare breeds", LOL. We waited until marriage and we were each others firsts. DH never had a previous girlfriend and I had one previous boyfriend, but like I said, we were not intimate.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-12-2019 at 10:12 PM.