Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 03:57 PM   #226  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello all. We applied for our marriage license today.

Breakfast: Sheetz breakfast sandwich, banana
Snack: KIND granola bar
Lunch: Chicken salad, strawberries
Dinner: TBD

Since I am doing the ADF, yesterday's calorie was 280; today's goal will be 1700 max (my BMR is 1750, yesterday and today will result in a 1470 cal defecit)
Currently at 1300 cal. Planning for a light dinner and perhaps a light snack.

Weighed myself at home... 182 lbs.. I went up apparently. But, this was after breakfast and lunch. I need to remember to weigh myself first thing in the morning. Anyway, I just gotta focus and keep going I guess. Do any of you experience unexpected weight gains?

momwannabe- congrats on the small loss! Better than my current situation

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 02-13-2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:26 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Emily, I waded into weight loss with ADF...you will see results. I am glad your heart just wants to please God

Diana, aww, I am glad you got your new scale and had a nice time with DH. Yay for the loss!!!

Nancy, I have days like that. I almost didn't weigh today but I got home from street ministry, had one cup of coffee and weighed after that ..hoping for 181 or less in AM.

Jules, 170s was always a place of great reflection for me because breaking the 180s is so hard!!!

Rachel, I too have a sore back from falling off hover board the othe day, my but bone to be exact...owie. I pray yours is better

granny, yummy, I love almond biscotti, you are doing so well...

flower, that is me. I will overeat health food just as much as junk food. I pray for resolve for you.

momwb, a loss is a loss congrats!!!

kitkat and Larry, how are you doing?

ciecie, how many power walks today..

well, even though I had a can of bubbly and 2 seaweed packs shared with ds3, I think I can say I did Omad today...I'm starving but not a terrible feeling, more like a clear headed hungry. Going to get McDonalds, which is easiest plan for us.

syk, how many more days???

Last edited by jendiet; 02-13-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:53 PM   #228  

jendiet, I've gone on two power walks so far today. will be going on another one in a few minutes.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #229  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

jendiet- Thanks for the reassurance about ADF. Bubly sparkling water is my new favorite thing! I love the lime. The lemon is so-so, and I just tried grapefruit. Yum. Just needs a splash of vodka
ALSO jen - on ADF, what was your calorie goal on non-fasting days?

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 02-13-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Down another pound today to 271. That makes 46 pounds since the Friday after Thanksgiving.

DW's doctor called today and sent a prescription for FOSAMAX as treatment for her osteoporosis, Must be strong stuff because the directions are to take one pill each week.

I made curried pork chops in the IP today. They came out great. 356 calories and 0 carbs. I am still doing IF but settled on OMAD. That seems to be a good fit.

Cold and gloomy day in Central Florida today. The high today was 57. The average high is 70 so we are quite a bit under.

I saw my pulmonologist and he is planning on changing me from my current CPAP machine to an APAP machine. My machine is 4 years old and it must be 5 years old for Medicare to pay for a replacement. So next year the change will happen,

Last edited by Larry H; 02-13-2019 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #231  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good afternoon to all
saw a slight drop but nothing to write home about. They finally opened the office today and DH gave me a ride, so that meant I got in at 6am which was fine since I had to back home to meet the Xfinity guy between 2-4 today. They ha a truck in our cul-de-sac yesterday afternoon and 30 min after they left our internet went out. So after a few phone calls they determined that they had to have a tech guy come out......so I set the time....I have received 2 emails and 5 auto text messages...talk about overkill. The guy is outside trying to figure out what they did to the service yesterday. sheesh.

Anyway I am going to sign off for a bit and save my data on my phone since I have it tethered to my computer as a hot spot.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #232  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

Larry and jendiet - Have you seen results with OMAD? I am considering that as well; I want to keep trying ADF for at least a week or two though.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:38 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Emily, yes, definitely seen results with OMAD, and really is my favorite WOE. It was introduced in the CAD, but wasn't called OMAD, they just listed it as a plateau breaker...when I did ADF, I tried to keep my calories to below 500 on fast days. I like cherry flavor. I have also tried Le Croix and like their flavors as well.

Larry, wow on the weight loss! Glad they put her on something have not heard anything about Fosamax...

Nancy, stay safe in that weather, a drop is a drop. Mine was .2. 182.2 to 182.0....

ciecie, wow 3 power walks!

OK finished the day at 1393 calories, resting for a few minutes before work
Old 02-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Emily I wouldn’t count your weight gain as actual gain unless you see it in the morning after first waking up and using the bathroom. After lunch you’ve already had a lot of liquids and food so that would easily account for the weight discrepancy.

Larry, good job with the continued weight loss and sticking with it!

Jen the 180s were a long ordeal for me to finally get out of. Just keep plugging along! I think what got me out of the 180s was changing up my workouts.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #235  

power walked and ran errands before supper. my fitness goals for today have been attained for today.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:53 PM   #236  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

The 180's are tough for me, too. I remember I had problems with the 230's before and previously the 170's.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Burn It Up, standing section approx 40 minutes, I am still working on my steps, I have 5,500 right now. My workout today was mostly strength training, so my steps are a bit low

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:44 PM   #237  

will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. busy day at work tomorrow!
Old 02-13-2019, 11:01 PM   #238  

Hi all
Today I let sugar cravings get the better of me again. I feel like I am recovered enough from the trip to be among the living again, lol. But I have not normalized the emotional eating. Thanks all for the words of advice.

Larry you are amazing with the continued weight loss. "46 pounds since the friday after thanksgiving" That is AMAZING. I have heard of Foxamax. As I recall its a 1 or 2 year protocol. Yes, powerful stuff.

Jen sounds like you are back on track with calories. That's great. AND doing the OMAD plan. That's great. congrats on your PJ bottoms fitting loosely. WTG on that. Sorry that your Mammo got moved to Friday.

Nancylmrn I hope you get the Comcast cable situation sorted out. Glad you are recovering from the snow storm. I heard on the news that the Seattle area is 3 inches shy of the all time snow record for February. Let's hope the rest of the month is either rain or dry. I am so sorry that you experienced this level of abuse in your previous marriage. Thank GOD you were finally able to get out. Abusive marriages leave the woman feeling powerless to leave and make it on their own. the men literally steal their power. Of course this is not just limited to men abusing women. But it was my frame of reference when writing this. So glad you have reclaimed your power and strength. And you met someone who is not what I call a soul stealer.

Ciecie I am in great admiration of your power walks

Emily Congratulations on getting the Marriage License. The pic you are using for Avatar is beautiful. So sorry you were in an emotionally/verbally relationship in the past. Healing from this abuse takes so much time, love and dedication.

Jules so glad your DD is doing well post surgery. You sure have come a long way from once being 300 lbs. Congratulations on being where you are at. What an awesome feeling it must be to realize just how far you have come.

Diana congrats on the new scale. AND being a bit down from where you were before the old scale broke.

GrannyNancy I hope the starbucks Biscotti was delicious. I like the idea of "savor it" I agree with you re pharmaceuticals and lack of regulations. Living in these human bodies means we often have to take RX medication. But I do grimace when I take them. I try to seek alternatives from the naturopath whenever possible.

Momwannabe I think all losses are significant. Regardless of the number. Its always great to be going in the right direction

KitKat aka Ann Welcome ! Finding motivation is a big deal for me as well. Some people find that cutting out all sugar and going low on the carbs helps with cravings. Others find that way too difficult to even think about doing, lol. I understand how difficult motivation can be. Just keep at it.

Syck congrats on the 2 lb loss. When do you get the result of the exam?

WB Thank you for the beautiful words you wrote to me. I appreciate it. Please know I really wanted to go to Boston to see family. So you saying you hope I go was a positive thing. I would have moved heaven and earth to go. I love my family even though they are often cruel, its great practice for me to be non reactive. And to nurture my mother even though she is incapable of being that for me. I have a lot of work to do around my very cruel brother. But hopefully I can be better in the future. (He is good to his wife though). My goal is to be kind no matter what. And to NOT take anything personally. I do not think I could go there without the support from my Brother's widow who traveled there from the west coast. She is not at all abusive. So we can be of support to each other. Its very complicated. That's for sure. AND it takes quite a while to recover from going there. Sorry if this all is TMI.

I had three meals planned. Then I felt cravings for chocolate. Instead of resisting the cravings, I got in my car and went to get chocolate covered salted caramel balls. But I also got 2 granny smith apples. I did skip the middle meal. But that does not come close to how many carbs I ate with the chocolates and apples.

B Coffee 200
L Boneless skinless chicken breast cut up with vegetables, Coconut aminos, ginger, garlic and "better than bouillon" 300
2 G smith apples 180
Chocolate covered caramel balls 400?
Dinner salad with low fat feta and BHF dressing 280
1360??
Goal for Thursday: no sugar! But I may end up having Vegan puffs made from Organic Sorghum flour and sunflower oil

Last edited by flower123; 02-13-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:01 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 181/169/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all. I will get to personals later. We're having scheduled power outages at the moment which makes for sketchy WiFi. Need yoga breathing!

So a drop of 500g this morning (or just more than a pound) which takes me to a loss of 4.6 pounds in total. I'm happy. But I didn't exercise last night. Our power went out at 8, so I wanted to eat in the light. But really... I just didn't have the energy last night. The 4-year old was being a 4-year old after a hot day at school. But these excuses are not good. I think I'll have to do double tonight. Which means this may be my last post as the step exercise might kill me.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
Old 02-14-2019, 05:05 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Happy Valentine's Day to my diet buddies!

:v al3:

Emily, I was thinking of you yesterday as you are preparing for marriage. I pulled out my old wedding photos. My husband & I have our 20th wedding anniversary today. He's a true gift from God for whom I am so humbly grateful. It's been fun having our anniversary on Valentine's Day!

Larry, kudos on the weight loss since Thanksgiving. You are an inspiration!

Yesterday went pretty well. I went about 125 calories over my goal of 1200 calories.

Goals for today: fiber, sit-ups & stretching, 1200 calories, 2 liters of water.
Closed Thread