Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 144.8 New Low and down 1.4 for the week

Yesterday was 1290 Calories and 19,933 Steps
Today is not fully planned but I have around 500 for dinner and am coming up with something at a Greek Fast food place that just opened up here but is a chain (Kairos Greek Kitchen). So need to figure that out.

Breakfast is oatmeal, apple, walnuts and cinnamon. Lunch is refried beans with salsa,peppers,onions and cheese. And a pear. Guess I will have to wing it on Dinner. Definitely Falafel. Tzatsiki, Baba Ganoush, tomato cucumber salad with feta and basmati rice. - will have to eyeball amounts to get calories on the fly but it is in cronometer

Off today and tomorrow. Big plans today. LOL. Kohls to check out bras and Costco. Tomorrow we go to the mountains and ride the train and go to the shops in Sylva.

________

Jendiet - CONGRATS on the NEW LOW.

Nancy - That sounds like an awesome vacation

Duranchoa - I sure don't know how you do it. That is a tough diet. Sounds like if you were going to break away you found a way not to gain.

Northernchick. - Congrats on seeing a downturn on the scale.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-15-2018 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #137  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well the scale is finally moving 2 oz at a time LOL but am down for the week. I was really worried about my weekend out but I did make good choices. So the 2lbs I gain for no reason is finally off plus 2oz. Now if I can just drop a few this week you will all see some serious whoop it up dancing.

Hey Granny congrats from being just 4.8lb from goal what an awesome journey! BTW I forgot about crack slaw....guess what is on my menu tonight LOL
Jen I think you are out to break some records this month! OMAD seems to be your ticket to loss
Diana that is a small bump considering the food was out of your control and you seem to drop it back in a day or so

Oh shoot more personals later got to scoot
Old 10-15-2018, 09:42 AM   #138  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

I would like to pick your brain on this. I know this is not a medical community but we all have life experiences and would like to hear your ideas. Anyways, I have talked about angioedema and the stomach pain that I get on occasion. As you know earlier this year I made some changes and had some testing done. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with me. Although, my Endo seems to think that my testing this year could have been off. I tested positive twice for angioedema and she doesn't think it just goes away. Since I made the changes earlier this year everything has improved but I still have various symptoms. I noticed this week that I had more issues with hives. Then yesterday I started having the stomach pain (mild compared to last year). By last evening I knew what it was. I looked back in my weigh in log and I had the stomach pain on:
10/14/18
8/6/18
6/10/18
5/1/18
3/1/18
Except for June, it has been happening every 2 months. Like I said the actual pain is not as severe as in past years. I have already spent a small fortune on testing and not really interested in doing any more. The medication I have been prescribed for this in the past didn't help the pain at all. When I read about people having stomach pain from angioedema, what I have sounds exactly like what they have. If the pain route comes from angioedema, normally the stomach medicine won't work. There is no constipation or gas associated with the pain.

Any other ideas or has anyone heard of anyone else having something similar?

I just turned 50 so I am getting ready to have a colonoscopy soon. But I just don't even feel that the pain is in that area. It seems like if there was something wrong it wouldn't just show up every 2 months. It's totally weird.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-15-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #139  
Work in Progress

Hi Diana
Wow good for you for keeping a diary of when you flair up. Could yesterdays church picnic have some trigger food in there you had not identified yet? The Dates for 8/6 and 6/10 are close to weekends but May and March, eh not so much. I know hormones are not suppose to be a factor but you have mentioned there has not be TOM for some time but hormones are still sputtering I am sure. Just some gut reaction thoughts

I have severe psoriasis and I can have flair ups sometimes 4-6 weeks after an unidentified event....try working that one out. I do take oral medication as well as a cream but still I will never be 'free' the damage done the inside is so much worse that what people can see on the outside skin. Just the arthritis in my hands somedays is enough to send me crying but I keep at it with my workouts...
Old 10-15-2018, 03:17 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Hello ladies, WI was a bust...and the memory feature made it worse...187.4 for today...I did eat a lot yesterday. Calories were 1950.

I was hungry and we had chicken soup for our street ministry. But dessert got me

anyways, so far had coffee, tea and eggs. Pizza and salad for dinner because I don't want to spend any money on it and we have left overs.

I woke up at 3am with a terribly sore throat. .very painful...I napped a little but did not get that much more sleep...dragging today...
Nancy, that sounds lovely and yay on winning 40.00.
Diana, sorry about that pain. I pray it goes and doesn't come back.

just trying to get through today...hoping to feel better and energetic tomorrow

​​​​

​​​​​
Old 10-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #141  
Trying to live below 200

Jen Hang in there. :hugs:

Nancylmrn I don't think it's food related, but who knows. I wanted to come up with some ideas, just anything so googled stomach pain occurring every two months and of course the first thing that popped up was a patient with hereditary angioedema. I still think there is something to that but who knows. I am not familiar with the NY Times Mag, maybe a bunch of crap, LOL. https://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/19/m...diagnosis.html This person has similar symptoms as me, but my pain is usually 12 hours or so, not days.

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #142  

good evening! went for several power walks today despite the cold weather and rain. also did 1 mile leslie Sansone this afternoon. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Ciecie hugs!!! Glad u are back...yes it's getting colder but so much better to walk and not melt...

aww...Diana I pray it goes away...

1737 calories a little exercise walking the road while the boys played....

constipated and not happy...friends kid sick with bug...hoping that's not what got me. .

I will have to give up spry gum between meals I think it is bringing cravings back...
Old 10-15-2018, 08:12 PM   #144  

thanks for the welcome back! been very busy! will be going to see dad tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:23 PM   #145  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1445 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
roasted chicken 300 calories
turnip greens 100 calories
okra & tomatoes 100 calories
green beans 100 calories

Exercise:
JS 11 Minute Buns and Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's, JS 12-Minute Arms and Abs Circuit Walk w/5's, Jazzercise Dance Hiit Pure Cardio Premix

Last edited by Diana3271; 10-15-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:43 PM   #146  
Work in Progress

Evening check in
Calories 1148, carb 40....fitbit says I burned 2632....I did make it to the gym 30 min elliptical and 30 min PF 30...I did not push my shoulder though. Calories are a bit higher than normal but that is ok.

ciecie good to see you back

Jen are you drinking enough water??
Old 10-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #147  

good evening again! jendiet, i'm usually constipated when I don't drink enough water. maybe that's your problem? will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:04 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning. Quick swing by 146.8 Big bump up - maybe sodium? Well poo fairy has not visited in a day or so.
Not really sure. Yesterday was 1404 Calories and 18,150 steps
Today is our trip to the mountains for the train. Not sure I will get in my steps but we will see. Food is not planned. I am just going to eat rationally and log as I go.

Well after a frustrating 2 HOURS trying on bras at Kohls, I threw up my arms in despair. Same thing as Walmart. For the big cups all the bands were 38 and higher. Everything 36 and under was petite and cute. The frustration was because it appeared from looking online they would have the selection I needed. I wound up going to Breakout Bras (which also sells on the internet) and walked out with a 34F. They tried to get me into a 32 saying they always stretch out and I won't get as much life out of a 34, but I will see how this plays out before I get another, though I guess I will have to get a 2nd bra ASAP so I can have one washed and clean and one drying at all times . Tis one can't go into the washer so I will have to wash it by showering with it on. I do know the average person wears bras that are too big in the band and small in the cups.........well...........$60 for a bra was a bit much more than this cheapskate is used to paying but I know that is not a bad price and it was a good one for the bra I got.

DH and I have been "grouching" at each other - He has not walked for a couple of days and that really is our time. I hope the day is enjoyable but he is always late anywhere we go and we have to be at the train station at a set time. He ran out of a medicine and the pharmacy is not open until it is way too late to leave to go. I love him and we have been married 38 years but he is the most disorganized and scattered person on the face of the earth. I would guarantee you that when we were kids he would have been diagnosed with ADD.

Diana - wish I knew; it is good you at least have notes to help you figure it out
Nancy - My grandmother had bad arthritis and when I asked her how she dealt with it she said "if I don't move I just freeze up" - sorry you have to deal with that and I bet inflammation is a big part of the challenges you have faced trying to get off that weight.
Jendiet - Hope you day goes ok. Sorry about the constipation and hope you shake off getting sick.
Ciece - good to see you again.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-16-2018 at 05:06 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:12 AM   #149  

good morning! grannynancy, I always call the pharmacy when I need a refill on my medicines. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #150  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Grannynancy Do you have a Belk or Dillards near you? What about a Bali/Hanes Outlet store? You can go there and they will measure you and help you find what you need. I hate shopping and I usually go this route when I need something. Good luck.

Last night: Full body stretch & exercises from the Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1445 + + tons of sodium I feel really swollen today
Weigh In: 189
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 16

John 19:11
Jesus answered, 'Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.'

How much easier our lives would be if we could quit fighting the fact that all power comes from God. We want control of our own lives, and we like to think we can stand on our own two feet. The reality of the matter is that we have received everything we have from the Lord. He has given us our abilities and talents, He has given us our resources, and He gives us our opportunities. The truly strong person is she who understands that God is the source of all power. If we want the power to diet, it can come to us only through the Lord God Almighty, who loves His children and offers them everything they need.

Today's thought: God is greater than my desire to eat!
Closed Thread