Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2018, 07:43 PM   #1  

Default Sad

I haven’t been on this site for a very long time. And my weight has ballooned. I am the heaviest that I have been. I decided that I need to try low carb eating. Again. I did good most of the day. Not being very strict, just testing the waters. Dinner for the family was planned before I decided to go low carb. Dinner included rice. My favorite food in the world. I let myself have a little bit of it. Just a little. I showed great restraint and was proud of myself. I mostly ate veggies and meat. Fast forward an hour. I am now very sad to the point of tears. Instead of feeling hopeful about my weight loss journey, I feel sad and hopeless about my journey. I need a kick in the pants to get me out of this mood. Every other time I dieted (or changed my way of eating), I was on a high and super excited. This time, I am meh. Any tips to get me out of this funk?
3truthsItrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I don't have any tips for you but I wanted to say that EVERYONE gets in a funk about their weight loss. Don't give up or let it be an excuse to binge eat. Be proud that you had the small amount of rice! It's a big deal when you can control yourself around your favorite foods.I struggle with that, sometimes I'm successful and sometimes not so much. The meh feeling will pass. Just stick with what works for you. That excited feeling will return when clothes loosen up or the number on the scale goes down.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225-224-199

Height: 5'6'' or 168 cm

Everyone has a bad day, a bad week. It's normal to feel sad sometimes. There is no light wothout darkness and no joy without sadness.
Fire Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote