Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #31  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well gals I thought I posted earlier this am I guess I did not hit 'save'
WI down a bit...but I had to have a stern talk with my scale. I got on and it showed the same weight I had been for the past 3 days with a flicker downward. So I jumped off shook my finger and got back on....weight down .6. Now I am in a dilemma. Last Tuesday was day 2 of returning to low carb but also a very high weight day (did not weigh on that Monday morning but have the scale from Dr. office OMG) from end of following week and weekend stupid foods. My weight is now more like it has been for months.....do I count going forward beginning weight from average of two weeks ago or weekend binge before re-start? LOL either way the scale is moving in the right direction.

I am thinking by Monday the 8th I should be able to return to the gym (should be able to wriggle out of a wet sports bra by then LOL)

qtkitty, I bet if you get out and walk each day that speed will get faster soon, I do understand about the breathing though the more anxious you get about it the more you lose your breath I use to be that way when I tried to jog
granny take a rest girl
Jen You are making slow but steady downward trends and it is so awesome to watch
NorthernChick13 I do understand about doubting your self and the water that goes with it
Diana, good for you for stepping in...I used to be so painfully shy that there would be no way I would be speaking in public. I am better now but still find it a bit uncomfortable if it is more than 5-10 people.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:08 PM   #32  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/sliced sirloin & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 #3, I omitted the last few exercises when they went to the floor.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #33  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full body stretch, exercises from the Dr. & 2 planks
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189.8
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 4

Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Sam remembered the POW camp he had spent six years in. Whenever he began to feel sorry for himself as he dieted, he remembered the time in his life when he really had something to be upset about. Dieting was nothing compared to what he had suffered. It humbled him a little. He gained great strength from the memory. God had gotten him through the war, so he knew God could get him through the diet. As long as he had the memory of all he had come through before, he knew he could make it through anything else that came his way.

Today's thought: God brings me through every situation, whether large or small.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #34  

Height: 5"6

Good morning, everyone! Thanks for the kind words!

Jendiet- I love that you also love writing! Your response made me smile. Thank you!

I did a huge grocery shop yesterday with my hubby for Thanksgiving. I was pretty good at not getting trigger things. For example, I skipped the peanut butter because I know I'd eat the whole thing with a spoon! I stocked up the pantry with awesome things that help me feel more control and have lots of flavour options. I can make veggie burritos now, I have hot sauce, I have endless fruit and veg (which is hard when a mango is six bucks where I live) so I am feeling great!

It's only October 4 so I still get worried I'll crash and burn BUT ONE DAY AT A TIME, BABY!

Good luck out there today. BE AMAZING! You already are!
Old 10-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #35  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all!
WI same as yesterday no change, and if my body holds true I will have a bump up again before another small loss. My shoulder is feeling pretty good and I am thinking by Monday I should be able to get a wet sticking sports bra off while at the gym. I hate driving home wet.

Steps have not been super great but close to goal.yesterdays Cal 1050, carb yikes 60! I gave into the air fried french fries but thankfully our house is no empty of those blissfully wonderful temptation. Today egg omelet, lunch kale salad mix with hard boiled egg and kielbasa, dinner buffalo chicken thighs, snack atkins bar that should do me.

I will check in later today for personals
Old 10-04-2018, 10:47 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Nancy, I had that painful shoulder a few weeks ago and yes sssss getting out of a sports bra is terrible especially one that is grimy from sweat. Praying full recovery

qt, my kids and I just looked at some fish at petsmart...I told them how we had guppies when we were younger and I saw momma give birth. .and how I buried each dead one in a small spoon hole in the front lawn...I tried to mark Graves with little crosses too..I buried my hamsters in my garden.

Northernchick, a lot of us have peanutbutter/peanut triggers...it is a forbidden except at rewaRd meal food for me. I ate some imported go from Germany peanut puffs last night (got to love Aldis)

so last night, I had anot her half helping of spaghetti....but I planned a bigger dinner by doing a OMAD approach...expecting scale to reflect but happy to see 187.2 again...

if I didn't ovulate, pretty sure pms would bump me into 190s...but bbt has been post ovulatory...maybe slow slow rise this month. .but if I put o signs with possible TOM it will be in 2 days ...so if this is my max gain ..I am super ecstatic about reaching mid 180s next preovulation, post TOM cycle...I haven't been here in YEARS...I sure didn't feel confident about continuing down last time either...

I have heard no feedback on my song yet, I just might let another friend play around with it some ..he wrote the music for 2 of my other songs so might be a good idea.

I'll take slow and steady...

keep it up ladies...

ciecie, how many times did you work out already???

granny your carb control is amazing. 60 is nothing.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #37  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
I was pretty good at not getting trigger things. For example, I skipped the peanut butter because I know I'd eat the whole thing with a spoon!
I'm sorry that you have this issue, but it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. Nuts and nut butters are a huge problem for me. I can't tell you how many jars of peanut butter I have eaten with a spoon. It's crazy!

Old 10-04-2018, 05:31 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

I didn't even look at the scale this morning ... Didn't go to the gym or walk other than doing errands I got 1.3Mi in. I didn't get shoes, but spent to much money today *cringes* .. kid had an optomitrist appointment so bought glasses and then went and got eye drops the Dr suggested for her allergies. Then got her to school first time in 6 years she's been in school that we were ever late. I got stuff to start keto tomorrow and then pissed my mom off because I made food for me. .. Ugh... I can't win.

Nancy- I have improved a lot because I have been walking almost everyday .

Jen- yeah.. I used to do burial at sea.. aka flushed .. White drapped with toliet paper .. Formal with trumpets and a prayer ... It was probably pretty strange now that I think about it .
Old 10-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good evening. I was 148.4 this morning. Not a low not a high. Today was 1265 calories and I commit to finishing my steps tonight.

Things have been very stressful the past few days. A lot of extra stuff at work and an issue with a teammate I have been mentoring a lot who is probably going to wind up off of the team. It is not that he did anything particularly bad but when given constructive criticism he goes on the defense and is very high maintenance. He also has an ego and there is no room for egos and defensiveness in search and rescue. This is tearing me up inside and I have tried to suggest he just LISTEN to what people try to say to him but the concern is sometimes something happens and you wind up in court. We have not faced that but defense attorneys go for the jugular to unhinge people and destroy their credibility. If he can't be calm and even the slightest comment puts him on the defensive, he can't do this...... He is a self employed business owner and often people run their own business because they can't deal with authority but in any kind of emergency service you need to respect a chain of command. So my stomach is doing flips and this whole weak has been messed up and I have been averaging 4-5 hours a night.

Jendiet - LOL you get me mixed up with Nancy again. My carbs average about 120 most days. So I know you ocassionally have issues with the poop fairy as do I and I found something that is really helping. I drink a big cup of water and three 500mg Vitamin C chewables and WOW. in short order. Weight loss. Yep - slow and steady rule the day. You are doing great!

QT kitty - Hope you get your shoes soon-the kids always do come first, though. Sometimes moms can sure get in the way of weight loss. You know.

NorthernChick - Yes my triggers are pretzels and peanuts (and peanut butter). I can eat these things but only with external controls (for example my husband hides them from me). Funny. I do eat dark chocolate some times, know where it is, and I have full control over it. My limit is 0.35 oz if, and only if, I exceed my step goal. I can't do that with pretzels and peanuts. If I know where they are they will be consumed. period.

Nancy - Glad things are improving. With that calorie intake and the gym you are doing great.

Kelijpa - Good to see you again.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-04-2018 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Personals
Old 10-04-2018, 08:17 PM   #40  

Granny. Lol being a mom and having a mom can get in the way.. Kids because you can't really deprive them of all junk food so yeah temptation is there . And moms cause ugh they mean well I guess or think they do lol

I always hate getting new shoes , because I wear a size 11.5 to 12 and being heavy .. I feel bad when they break down so quick and the heels where it hits the achelies tendon always seems to be a problem.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Granny, I can't imagine the stress of search and rescue and a team mate that mat bring tremendous set back....I pray this team mate has a wake up call before he is fired..it takes special people to do that anyway ..

hmmm...wonder why the vit c plus water works???

I absolutely love those peanut puffs with my 8 Oz pepsi

so yesterday, my only meal was my spaggetti dinner and I finished at 1167 calories...

today I decided to eat lunch (2 scrambled egg, 4 pcs turkey bacon) and had regular coffee for breakfast.

dinner was a huge salad (romaine, shred cheese, tomatoes, crunched funyons, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp pepitas,2 chicken tenders, pan fried .25 cup potatoes, a mix (handful) of 15 peanut puffs and 35 Reese pieces dessert and my 8 oz pepsi ..so 1481 calories for the day.

chocolate cravings ridiculous today...but managed through...I did notice the peanut puffs were a lot more satisfying. ...

I experienced a weird bout of exhaustion at 2 pm today and fell asleep for 15 minutes at 330 pm ..felt better after that...

well goodnight...tom might come tomorrow

Steps 20,089 for today.

Diana, you are brave to give blood. Glad you had a nice walk at the mall.

Qt, having wet feet and hiking is a miserable experience, I would use snow boots covered in wet shield spray...

Last edited by jendiet; 10-04-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 PM   #42  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

I just got home. I couldn't workout during work. My friend and another lady from church, we went to the mall to donate blood tonight and after we did a mall walk.

grannynancy I'm sorry about the added stress. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

qtkitty I can relate since I also wear a size 11.

Total approx 1545 calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
sirloin & 2 orders steamed veggies 700 calories

Exercise:
1 mile mall walk

Enjoy your evening!
Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 PM   #43  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,
142.5 this morning
Weighed in tonight at ww at 145, 5 pounds below goal, Happy with that.

GrannyNancy hope things get better, sorry the stress is affecting your sleep. Interesting about the vitamin c and water.

Diana Nice you can give blood, I’ve been getting more regular with donating. So happy you’ve found a nice group at your church. That’s great you were able to do the reading.

Jendiet you’re doing so good. Nice you found a plan that works for you. I have a before and now picture, I’ll try and figure out how to post it.

Working on trying to incorporate regular exercises, can’t seem to find a combo that I really like to do, but am doing some.

Nancy, Terri, Ciecie, qtkitty, Northernchck

Have a nice night everyone

Last edited by kelijpa; 10-04-2018 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 10:50 PM   #44  
Work in Progress

Good evening all
This is just a quick accountability for me... Calories 1007, Carb 21.8 for the day....two days in a row same weight so maybe a drop tomorrow will keep you posted

BTW Granny I am so sorry things are very stressful for you. I understand your position.

More personals tomorrow afternoon....hugs
Old 10-05-2018, 12:05 AM   #45  

Jen- I don't mind wet feet I prefer it over hot feet. I don't know why but my feet get hot quickly then I just want to rip shoes off lol. Right now I need to find a pair of waking shoes though to start walking the track ​​ The shoes I use hiking are OK , but have no cushion to walk with them on the track.

Diana- big feet are a blessing and curse.. Supposedly it gives you a good base, but then finding cute shoes or shoes in general .. Not so much .. Cause the show will look cute in size 6 But like some sort of muntant hill experiment gone wrong at size 12 if they makemake them . A lot of companies cut off at 10 or 11
Closed Thread