Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 06:54 AM   #46  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Kelijpa Do you have any upcoming festivals you are attending?

qtkitty I also wear boot cut jeans to try to hide the size of my feet. It was really bad when I originally got to my goal weight. Small body and huge feet. Everyone said that my feet would get smaller with weight loss, they lied. BTW, my DH wears a size 16.

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189
Down: .8 <---- Is this from the blood donation?

Last night: Full body stretch, exercises from the Dr. & 2 planks
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 5

Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

Sonya was just about to dip into the ice cream when her doorbell rang. Guiltily, she threw the container into the freezer and slammed the door. Rushing to the hallway, she opened the door and found her sister standing there. Time after time, her sister showed up when she was most needed. Sonya couldn't believe the number of times her sister had been there to help her resist temptation. Sonya felt God was really watching out for her. Whenever her own strength gave out, God sent someone along who could strengthen her. Relieved, she let her sister in and told her the service she had just performed.

Today's thought: Strength comes from unexpected places when our own gives out!
Old 10-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 147.8 New Low!

Today is planned and includes a massage at my daughter's house after work and we are eating home made black bean burgers for dinner.
Breakfast is yogurt with fruit and walnuts and lunch is caulflower crust pizza
Planned calories are 1319 and I still plan on making 16,000 steps today. As I near my goal, I am slowly finding my calories increasing "a bit" and I think that is ok to take the last 8lbs slowly.

QTkitty for walking on asphalt you may want to look into Birkenstock sandals. Very supportive. While they are pricey they can be resoled time and time again and, while I have not done it, there are directions on youtube to resole them yourself! I don't like getting them wet but they even make a version that is all plastic. I started wearing them because I have a bad ankle and they gave me better support than most walking shoes or boots. Now for offtrail I use mid high boots (My favs are Keen Targhee IIs) .... But if your feet sweat a lot even the breathable boots can hold a lot of moisture. Don't wear crocs. ZERO foot support even though cushioning.

Diana - No I think your drop is NOT from blood donation that is only about 2 cups of fluid at most which you probably replaced with other fluids! You should own it!

Coming back later for more. Time for a skype meeting at work.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-05-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Diana- wow he's got really big feet...I had an ex that had to special order his shoes, but the guy was like 6ft8 so he was just big all over.

Granny- I haven't ever heard of wearing burkenstocks for walking , but only problem with that is that I need to get to running speed.

Last edited by qtkitty; 10-05-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #49  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning to all
WI a small drop but I will take it!! If this means a small drop every 3 days I can even live with that. I am really thinking by Monday my shoulder will be able to pass the 'remove the wet sports bra' test and I am looking forward to getting back to the gym even if it means no lifting for awhile.

qtkitty my feet sweat and I really am going to go back to the smartwool or darn tough wool socks for wicking. As for breathable tennies I wear either acisiss or new balance with a mesh top. Not good for trails etc if you want to stay dry but for a track they have great support.
Granny I think those last 8 should come off slow and steady, maybe prepares you for maintenance
Jen on a typical day what is your calorie intake on OMAD?
Diana I need to do more community service and donate blood too. My mom use to belong to the gallon club
teri00 how are you????
ciecie where are you???
Old 10-05-2018, 09:45 AM   #50  

QTkitty - Birks are not for everyone but I can easily put in 6 miles in them and even walk all over the place including off trail in the woods (I just chose not to because. snakes. and possibility of stepping in holes etc). They ARE designed for walking. I think in Europe, they pretty much walk everywhere. Great support. Suggestion was mainly because good walking sandals and socks go a long way and really help get rid of the sweat. I would not consider running until you are under 200 lbs due to damage to joints..... New Balance makes a lot of great shoes. If you find one you like, contact the company and write down the "last" because models of shoes come and go but they use specific lasts, which are the footbeds to build them.

https://www.aperfectdealer.com/thesh...idths-b15.html

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-05-2018 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Good morning ladies, I also have big feet, not size 11 but size 10 and they are flat, so walking a lot can cause some pain. .I used to have bad tendinitis flares that I could not stand any pressure on my feet...

I have 2 types of shoes I wear...my beloved earth soles in spring/summer and my asics...I might try another shoe but I usually can't tolerate any other shoe for too long. .I find all inserts uncomfortable...I also need a breathable fabric..

maybe a combo of good support and breathable fabric qtkitty..

GRANNY CONGRATULATIONS on the new low. Are you close to goal now?

Nancy, congrats on the small drop...I think OMAD on a typical day is 1000, but varies from 800-1100 calories and is pretty satisfying...I do have some 600 calorie days a's well..

Diana, I grew up with a small body and big feet. Pregnancy stretches ligaments and makes them bigger as well...I think the .8 is weight loss as well!!

keli, if you post your pic in photo bucket or another host site you can put your image url in the box and it will show pic...

Granny, is almost same weight range...

Terri, did you see my garden questions?

ciecie, did Wile E Coyote grab your roadrunner self?

bbt 98.2..so TOM won't come today...but it does spike before it comes...I double checked. Last ovulation signs on September 24...so 13-16 days later... so actually the 7-10...last month it came the 9th...I'm usually NOT THAT regular...feeling bloated, gassy and moody..

187.8 today...so hoping to stay below 188 before Tom gets here.

Boys go with their dad today so most likely will grab dinner somewhere with them...having kids is helping me realize I can integrate weight loss with regular food..and the CAD + OMAD + IF helps me tailor a day to my previous weight loss...for instance, today I am up in weight, but could be Tom approaching...strategy...do OMAD, and eat dinner early...makes my eating window 1 hr with one satisfying high carb dinner + dessert. Only thing is I'm supposed to have salad or 1 cup low carb veggies with every reward meal...so I have to get a salad ..which can be expensive at fast food restaurants. If I go to a buffet, it's easily 30 with me, the boys and a $5 tip.

OK catch up with you ladies later

Old 10-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #52  

Jendiet - I also wear 10s but with high arches and narrow heels. And they are wide in the front but not fat. That is a fun combo when I find a shoe that fits I stock up by watching for sales! . Because of the high arches I have to find shoes that can fit suppination inserts (lateral wedge) to keep my feet from rolling out. 140 is the current goal but I am also monitoring body fat to see what kind of swing I get on the meter. Same time every day right after weighing. My goal is at 25% fat-given the excess skin, it is hard to select a final target weight. My younger daughter has flat feet and I know how painful they can be for her....liking your step totals but it is clear you are very active all the way around.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #53  

Default October 2018

Hi!

I've been sorting things and I've been really distressed about some stuff...

Jen: I just looked at your email. Daffodils are usually safe. So are the blooming onions (allium). But tulip bulbs are very tasty and so are crocuses. There are smaller blooming crocuses that are a lot more resistant to critters. I don't know about planting down south. If your bulbs are starting to form roots, maybe they should be put in the ground. Or maybe you can put them in the garage or basement for a few weeks. Don't know about mulch. Maybe remove it later in the spring?

Old 10-05-2018, 08:44 PM   #54  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,
141.something this morning

I usually have a little drop after weigh in day, pretty good day today, teleworked, but the weather was decent so afterwards took Willie for a good walk. He's snoring away at the moment. It's funny, when he starts having doggie dreams, noisy little critter.

Diana no festivals, we did renew the tickets for the one we go to in NC, that's in April, though. I am taking a trip out to Missouri next week with my mom to visit her sister. It should go pretty well, there are some issues, but hopefully all will go without a lot of stress. My aunt has dementia, my one cousin is on dialysis due to kidney failure from diabetes, my other cousin and my mother have a bit of a rocky relationship. So the couple days we're in MO could be touchy, but really hoping and praying that all goes well. It'll be nice to spend some time with my mom driving out there, we're taking our time, so should be a nice visit.

Jendiet I don't use any of those sites, but have posted photos in the past here, so I will work on figuring it out. I was laughing thinking it isn't too unlike my avatar haha. I'm really proud of your progress and finding the plan that works for you.

Nancy good to hear you are almost free of shoulder pain. It took forever for me to get rid of mine, PT really helped.

GrannyNancy very informative on the shoes, I didn't realize Birkenstocks (not sure if I got the spelling right) could be resoled. I wear asics and Keds, the loafer kind. I just got some asics that are called trail runners, they have really nice tread, I got them at Kohl's on sale.

Teri hope you get past the stress soon. I had a moment looking at the mess on my dresser, I really have trouble keeping it cleared off. I want to seriously downsize, hopefully in retirement I'll be able to spend some time and really make some progress.

qtkitty

Hope you all have a great night
Old 10-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #55  

Lol...Terri, u almost have first hand knowledge of tastiness by your post...I am worried it's just top hot...blech...I want some fall weather for real...my face sweated today just being outside...I saw the word "allium" and thought "onion" but didn't actually think they were onions ...cool . What's so distressing? The sorting? I pray for peace for you.

Granny, interesting you have the high arches and your gd has the flat feet...I didn't know high arches needed support...when I try those support things they painfully dig into my side of my fat flat foot...no thanks..my feet kind of "splay" out of a sandal. .like blobs ...I used to try to hide them every chance I could especially at the pool. In Florida, I had terrible small foot jealousy. I befriended a girl with extra small feet. Too small for her lanky frame, she had terrible foot trouble too. I realized it went either way but hers were so cute. Size 4 I think
​​
qtkitty, my mom just moved from the St. Roberts area...I forget the name...want to say Waynesworld...but that's not it ..she loved it there...she went back to Oklahoma with my siblings...thank you.

hi fitqueen!!! You are in a great supportive site.

OK 187.8 wi.

I meant to stick to omad today but I made ds3 a turkey and cheese sandwich and I couldn't resist a few slices of turkey and a piece of cheese...

we hit McDonald's after their haircut...I went with the crispy chicken salad, very tasty...I scooched a few fries from ds3 happy meal, ds2 scarfed his down and my tea wasn't that fresh....which is why I fell head first into my reeses...I started off counting then just forgot. ..dumped out the package to see how many I actually ate...

so ended up at 1657. I did resist a hot fudge sundae although that was hard...that is one of my highest totals yet..

I got to get up at 5 and help my friend go hunting again...so hoping to catch the early zzzz train..don't worry kuds are with dad and hoping I can get some early am zzzs when I get back ..

25,122 steps today. It really didn't seem like that much...but chasing kids, doing chores, and walking around the yard with dogs I guess it adds up at the end of the day...I am pooped though
Old 10-05-2018, 10:10 PM   #56  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Kelijpa Enjoy the family time. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. What part of NC will you be going to in the Spring?

fitqueen Hi and welcome to the check-in.

grannynancy Congrats on the new low.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled sirloin 2 orders steamed veggies 700 calories

Exercise:
TJ Cardio Party 1
Old 10-05-2018, 10:36 PM   #57  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good evening to all!
Just posting my daily totals for accountability Calories high compared to rest of week 1498, Carbs 21.2....darn those Atkins snacks LOL two of those and the calories went through the roof but worth every Friday night bite.

Back in the am to catch up on all your activity
Old 10-06-2018, 08:19 AM   #58  

Good Morning 147.0 Another new low.

Not sure why since the poo fairy did not come yesterday but I did get a goooood night sleep last night. When the alarm went off at 4 I said that I needed more sleep. Wound up with 8.5 hours and good deep sleep. All week long, it has been less than 6 every night.

Yesterday was great at my daughter's house. The older granddaughter has interest in a new boy (her old one broke up with her because she was not ready to "go further" and she said she and this new boy talked more in 2 hours than she and the old "boyfriend" did in 6 months) . Boy - I know my daughter has a handle on this but teenage girls, boys, and dating is exasperating and scary! In terms of food, she added quacomole to the Black bean burgers so my calories were up a bit.

Yesterday was 1373 calories and 16,794 steps (7.8 miles)
Today is supposedly going to be 1125 calories and 16,000 plus steps.

Breakfast is greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts and a side of hashrowns and onions.
Lunch is tuna salad (low on mayo, high on tuna)
Dinner is hot and sour soup - homemade - with the addition of bok choy.

Today is night dog training with the team - minus my teammate who is "suspended" until we have our meeting, but the day is clear to do things around the house and I badly need to clean! After I post I will take one of the dogs and do my morning walk. it is overcast right now - and in the 70s. I don't like to get them out after the sun has been hitting the asphalt for too long. DH is still sleeping. He does seem to need more sleep than me so I will respect that.

Shoes - LOL their own topic. Because I have a 5" plate on my fibula due to a fracture, and have prolonged issues with my peroneal tendons (attach to fibula and wrap around ankle and attach to side of foot) I have learned a lot of good stuff. Walking offtrail on a lot of unstable terrain has also forced me to learn how to protect my feet. Because I tend to still have some tendency to roll, I have to regularly sand down callouses on my 5th and 1st metatarsal heads. Some things:
  • High arched feet tend to roll outward (suppination) and are unstable. The high arch condition can be either rigid or flexible (can you rotate the forefoot relative to the hindfoot). The solution is different depending on this factor. A podiatrist would have crippled me with the rigid insert he made for me. [it made the suppination worse!] After visiting a pedorthist, he made a very expensive insert that had a lateral tilt and it was heaven but it was also $700 and worked in only one shoe and was only good for <1 year. Soooooooo..........I found these and have them in all my shoes except the Birkenstocks. The Birks offer enough control with the combination of high sides, and the addition of a metatarsal arch, that they control my feet well ...........https://www.myfootshop.com/lateral-sole-wedge-.inserts. As far as sandals go. I am old and remember the day when people made custom sandals shaped to your feet. They were great! That is ALL I ever wore and even went backpacking in them .......I have 4 pairs of Birkenstocks and wear 3 of them (the 3rd is EVA and I only wear those where it is wet) ...... They are all on their 3rd sole.
  • Flat feet tend to roll inward and are also unstable . I am no expert on flat feet but the same site has a wealth of products and helpful articles
  • High arch = pes cavus, Flatfeet = pes planus. Both are deformities. both cause stability issues. Both have corrections that can really help.
Jendiet - your busy life and activity amaze me! I hope you got your needed sleep last night. I would have a hard time with Mickey-D's. Fast food was/is a major issue for me. I remember when I was a kid my mother would grab stuff for me running out and about (mainly guitar lessons and various things suburban kids did after school). She still made dinner every night but I was a picky eater. I really wish she had simply set the table and if I did not eat what was in front of me I went to bed hungry.. FWIW burgers and fries were 18 cents back then and they only had what, today, is small fries and small burgers.

Kelijpa - that sounds like a good day!

Teri - I hope you find clarity of mind and peace

Fitqueen - Welcome to the forum - we do seem to talk a lot. People tend to come and go but some of us just stay and when you do you feel like you get to know one another and it really helps to post every day when you can.

Qtkitty - Hope all is well.

Ciece - ?????

Nancy, Diana - Thanks for your dedication and persistence. I hope to be here in a few years with all of us in maintenance.

Well, I am at the close of writing my thesis. LOL. At least I wrote it but it may be too long to read. hahaha. After all this stress with the teammate, my daily morning mediation will be the prayer of St Francis. I gather he did not write it but it embodies his life. This version is a literal translation of the original French Version. I like it most. I am not Roman Catholic but Lutheran, not that it matters. We don't really go to church these days but should. Husband is agnositc but not athiest and he does believe there is a God. I tend to respect all religions and feel that no matter what, Christ taught us how to live. (Even my husband agrees with that)

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is offense, let me bring pardon.
Where there is discord, let me bring union.
Where there is error, let me bring truth.
Where there is doubt, let me bring faith.
Where there is despair, let me bring hope.
Where there is darkness, let me bring your light.
Where there is sadness, let me bring joy.
O Master, let me not seek as much
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love,
for it is in giving that one receives,
it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-06-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:13 AM   #59  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Full body stretch, exercises from the Dr, no planks - I think they are causing more neck pain. I will be working on this
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189
No Change - the drop from yesterday stuck

I am trying to eat more protein/veggies for dinner rather than salads. This change might be more beneficial for me. Also, I have started eating a bit more beef. My iron levels were a lot better this time when I donated blood.

Have a Blessed day

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 6

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Kip was amazed at how easily he took the stairs. When his kids had begged him to climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty with them, he had squirmed. He remembered what a labor it had been when he was fat. He knew that he never would have made it before. Instead of a painful trauma, he found the climb a relative breeze. Thank God he had been able to lose the weight. It was the best move he ever made. It had been tough, but Kip had relied heavily on God to help him out. While he had been dieting, he had needed God's strength. Now that he was thin, God let him use his own strength once again.

Today's thought: Food gives us temporary strength. God gives us strength forever!
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #60  

Granny that is a pretty prayer! I agree Amen.

Congratulations on your new low again!!! Yeah my friend with the itty bitty feet for her tall thin frame had some expensive orthotics and he did house calls for her...

I have to have ankle support because I tend to roll my feet the wrong way which hurts my ankle...

I love earth soles design and comfort...and it fits my budget...shoe shopping is always a nightmare..

teenagers are crazy in general, I could not believe all the drama in high school and refused to date because of it...I had a bad experience trying to date in grade school though...they were in love with the one for at most a week and then...broke up and fell in love with the one the next week...blah...it really was just like the 70s show...

Diana, yes red meat will bolster your iron levels, so would peanuts, liver (ewwww) , oysters (livers of the ocean)...I think it is a good idea...be careful with all the beef recalls .

I love the devotion because with a 20 lb weight loss I was able to navigate the playground with a lot more ease....

qt, have fun in NC with the family. Time with them is so precious...

ciecie, I'm getting worried...

terri, I'm waiting until it gets colder, you are in my prayers..

fitqueen, just insert thoughts, calories, weight and your good to go.

ok, so SUPRISINGLY, WI 186.4 that is not a new low but it's close to my old low of 186.0. My temp was 97.9 this am...so it's coming down...expect TOM tomorrow or in up to 2 days...

I fell asleep at least 10 pm last night!! My son woke me up texting I love you, at 1130 then called me and woke me up and asked me what time was he born...lol...then he said I sounded tired....lol. .

I woke up at 6 am in a panic because I didn't set an alarm and my friend slept in...I tried to motivate him to just go...but he was like "forget it" I woke up at 7am singing songs that I recently wrote and then I fell back asleep and woke up at 930...

got to do some cleaning, putting our laundry up, I have to go to storage, I have to mow this lawn but thinking about paying guy to do it...he does a great job...

Closed Thread