Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #106  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

IdealProteinNewbie I know what you mean about jumping out of your skin that is the way it felt last night when I had to get up and walk and after about 10-15 min the edgyness left and the nerves seemed to calm so I am willing to try it again tonight only I will take a gel cap earliet and wait for the reaction ...walk ...then go to bed
Old 10-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #107  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

IdealProteinNewbie I am the same way with products that have decongestants. I can take Nyquil when I get sick and stay awake for days and have crazy anxiety. Other people, it knocks them out.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
grilled salmon & steamed broccoli 700 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 55, 20 minutes bike & 20 minutes treadmill
Old 10-11-2018, 10:35 PM   #108  
Work in Progress

good evening
Well 1 hour into Wal-Som sleepy but going to wait 1 more hour for the jumpy nerves then go to bed after I walk it off...
Cal higher than normal 1364 and carb 31....was really hungry today and 'hung' over from drug from night before. So I will punish myself one more night. I hope this puts me back on a regular sleep cycle two nights is all I will take this.

hugs to all I am off
Old 10-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 147.2 another bounce up.
I have not done proper walking for 3 days in a row. 6685, 6318, and 3290 steps
I have eaten a little more than typical of about 1200: 1402, 1394, and 1314 calories.
Cronometer *tells* me I still had a bit of a deficit and it is only 1.2lbs from my lowest low.

When I get to maintenance I am going to set up a Control chart with alert and action limits.
https://www.isixsigma.com/tools-temp...ontrol-charts/

This way typical variation can be teased out from trends. Yes. I am a spreadsheet geek. I fell in love with them back in the old days of Quattro Pro where you had to type out the formulas like they were code. And control charting is from work .

I have worked to hard to get here to slide back up! Once the chart is set up it is just daily weight logging.

Today is planned and enough for the pontificating. I need to walk! Breakfast is yogurt and fruit with oatmeal and walnuts. Lunch is refried beans and peppers and onions. Dinner is chicken and fennel & onions plus a bit of corn. 1124 calories and NO dark chocolate today!

Crazy lady (with the dog who bit me) showed up at the HOA meeting and created a ruckus. She was defused by the board and stormed out. A few neighbors walked me to my car afterwards.

SLEEP STUFF - Idealproteinewbie - say that supplement is also magnesium! Diana, I am looking into the lotion. The best way to absorb magnesium is through the skin and not the gut. I need to lotion up after my shower anyway and I would rather do that than soak in a tub. FWIW Magnesium is also liked by the poo fairy. One thing I have noticed is that sleep is usually good most yoga nights so I am going to do some low key "yin yoga" https://www.yinyoga.com/ as that seems to be good in many ways. Yes some people flip out on antihistamines. I think kids can actually hallucinate!

Nancy - when I do benedryl or diphenhydramine I am loopy well into the next day (3 or 4pm). I hope you get things sorted out.
Jendiet - just remember the roller coasters go downhill overall. Hope your drop trend picks back up.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-12-2018 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Granny: Calm is definitely worth a try - good for sleep and, yes, I forgot to mention...poo! Magnesium pills did nothing for me...this is a powder, it’s great!

Anything that normally knocks people out cold has the opposite reaction on me. I literally stay awake for days. Awful!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 10-12-2018 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:15 AM   #111  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Last night: Full body stretch & exercises from the Dr.
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 189
Down: .2 back in the day, when I was originally losing, I would have larger losses, but I will take .2 and be happy.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 12

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Corey had to admit that his friends were making better progress than he was. He just wasn't disciplined enough. His friends didn't seem to have nearly as much trouble with discipline. When he asked them why, they all just grinned and told him to pray about it. Finally, it dawned on him what they were talking about. Corey wasn't much of a Christian, but he wasn't stupid, either. His friends obviously had something he needed and wanted. If God could do so much to help them, then Corey believed He would do it for him, also. By receiving the truth of Christ, Corey was given all the strength needed to succeed in his diet.

Today's thought: God is ready to help me lose weight!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Granny: Calm is definitely worth a try - good for sleep and, yes, I forgot to mention...poo! Magnesium pills did nothing for me...this is a powder, it’s great!

Anything that normally knocks people out cold has the opposite reaction on me. I literally stay awake for days. Awful!
If I look at that product it is magnesium citrate. I buy a fairly inexpensive Magnesium citrate online because most stores carry magnesium carbonate which is not as well absorbed as is the citrate form. Same is true for calcium. The term "ionic" magnesium citrate is redundant.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:23 AM   #113  
Work in Progress

Good morning to all
WI the same still have not lost the mystery 2lb gain and I know my food intake is under control but my walking could be better. Cronometer has been saying I still have approximately 1200 more calories each day to eat/burn.....one day I had 2,000 more I could eat...so why is there no drop in weight???? LOL science

2nd night with sleep aid and like I said I took it much earlier in the evening. I still had the bout of restless early on (within the first hour) then slept very well and today did not wake up groggy so I am hooping that I am back on some kind of sleep track, Tonight I will not be taking any medication. I am going to look closer at the lotion Diana.

Will be back later for personals off to the gym for the total body red light/jiggle the floor vibrama machine and aqua bed LOL

Old 10-12-2018, 11:24 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

I have had sleep issues since very young...night terrors...sleep paralysis (I believe these are demonic) ...I literally wake up screaming sometimes and sometimes I run...one time ..I woke up screaming running naked down the hall...ex had a laugh at that one...

The sleep paralysis episodes are terrifying...I will be "locked in" my body and can not move/speak...I keep repeating Jesus in my spirit until I am free...doesn't happen often. One night it happened 3x in a row after 3 attempts of sleep (highly unusual) ....that was the night before my best friends 2 year old died. . (Demonic component to me)...I actually woke up and was studying paralysis all day when my best friend called to say blood test revealed her 2 year Olds blood was 95% leukemia...I felt stupid wasting all that time studying..clearly it was a distraction...vivid dreams...sometimes dreams come true! Don't know how to tell difference. All I know I'd usually those with people I know or places with specific names are revelatory.

I had a wise friend in church that revealed God was trying to speak in my dreams and all the nightmares, night terrors were distractions.

I do believe people that are supposed to receive messages are attacked more..

I USUALLY have to take melatonin in order to sleep..that and a fan. .melatonin makes it almost impossible for me to think/plan..

Anyways, last night was another crappy night of sleep...boys xbox developed red dot of death...so I stayed up until 2 am researching through every forum /YouTube video what likely cause can be ..only thing really having a problem before this was the power supply and almost NONE of the solutions say that could be the problem...maybe one or 2 suggest it...

So I asked a friend if she can bring her kids power supply so I can eliminate it as the cause....hoping and praying...so much history of their beloved games in that thing...

I get really aggravated by things like this...I have been aggravated for 2 days anyways. ..

I have not been keeping up with logging and pretty sure the sloppy logging and the substitutions for xylitol have thrown me off..cravings wise and other...also trying to use up the food I bought don't really like has backfired on me ..I just need to throw stuff out...

yesterday I attempted to give the kids the cheesecake out of the freezer. Ds3 wasn't having it...what am I to do staring at a piece of turtle cheesecake??? I didn't want it...I didn't want it to go to waste...got to quit that...

ideal protein, sometimes out of nowhere that happens to me with nyquil...it activates the adrenaline and has the opposite effect. Ds1 got hyper with some as well...I gave ds3 some dime at app and he walked into the wall and fell off a chair (my typical reaction)..ds2 seems to get sleepy..

Nancy, I'm commiserating a 2lb gain except mine isn't mysterious and probably is deserved. I hope you found some rocks and had fun with mom...

granny, daggum, thorn in your side...sandpaper people are very character shaping and that is why they snake their way into our lives...

DiAna. Wow...I didn't know that about the magnesium lotion having mag citrate in it...I will have to see what our Walmart carries and tell my mom...any issues with heart rate with it though?

Northern, Terri, duranochoa...Keli, CIECIE!!!!! shout out to keep you motivated...where did line wife go?

188.2 yesterday and 188.0 today...at least NOT UP..

So plan is OMAD...we are going to go out to eat today...I used up our food...
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #115  

Jendiet. I have had sleep paralysis and it is absolutely terrifying. Much more when I was younger than now. I think all it is is that your brain wakes up and your body is not. Normally in dream sleep our bodies are uncoupled from our brain so that we don't act out in our dreams (unless we have a different sleep disorder). Both my husband and I have had this happen in we both replied the sensation is that if you cannot move you are certain you are going to die. The only time it has happened to me is if I am asleep on my back. So I never sleep on my back .

My older daughter had night terrors but they ended by about the time she was 4 or 5. The younger one sleepwalked which ended by about age 9. The sleepwalking was . Wow. I am so glad my husband was a light sleeper because I am a heavy sleeper. I used to talk a lot in my sleep but have not for years. Sleep is crazy stuff and you really do need it for weight loss, health, and sanity!

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorder...ep-paralysis#1
Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #116  
Work in Progress

Wow I did not know there was a name for it....sleep paralysis...it use to happen to me, usually if I took a nap during the day and I would see things in a fog like state with real and imagined melting into one and could not move or speak it use to terrify the life out of me. This happened just after my hysterectomy when I was in my early 50's.

Jen great job on the drop girl....and I am sorry you are not sleeping too! Is it the weather or the season or just plain we have too many squirrels going round and round on the wheel in our heads LOL?

granny I too love a good spreadsheet! Not sure I am up on your level but graphs and charts will at times consume me. When I first started this stop and stall journey of mine 2 years ago I kept a spreadsheet sheet of daily weight and calories in, I did not add calories out....but I could plot some patterns and then again my body would completely through a monkey wrench into the whole thing and it would not 'compute' so I had to stop because it was making me really nuts....I mean I even kept my paper logs just so I could go back and see where I must have been mistaken. I finally through the paper journals (1 week each) away about 9 months ago from my logging the first 12 months.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #117  

Default October 2018

Hi!

Hope that you all are doing great.
I attended a health fair today...and my values were okay for sugar and cholesterol and BP.

DIET: I am spending less money on fast food. I bought ground beef and froze hamburger patties.
EXERCISE: I have been walking in the neighborhood, but I missed walking the past couple of days.
OTHER: I did a lot of gardening yesterday, but I did not get anything done today. The weather is turning cold tomorrow. I wish that I had gotten more done.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Terrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiii!!!!! Hugs. Glad your results came out with good results.

Nancy, I have seen things...I saw a robed figure with a sickle. I'm glad I don't have more visions...I am just too sensitive...

granny, my son was a sleep walker/sleep pee-er...I am a light sleeper...I'd wake up to guide him to the bathroom, didn't like kid pee puddles in corners, I also had to make sure he wouldn't pee in the trash, but if he didn't get up he peed the bed...he never really "woke up" ...well one time the pee ricocheted in his eyes which made him scream...which was hard not to laugh when he woke up and told me he got pee in his eye...

I know (I love science) there are scientific reasons but I will always equate a spiritual component to them because the night before she died...I had 3 back to back and they were all hissing noises was all I could process..and the subsequent ones were worse....after the 3rd one ..I woke ex up and angrily yelled at him "why can't you protect me!!!".I never felt in danger of death just trapped and didn't like it ..

I have spreadsheets with graphs as well

well, we ended up having a campfire dinner with fire roasted Nathan hot dogs, buns, and smores...kind of took a turn at the smores...when ds2 lit his marshmallow up and panicked and his stick hit ds3 and smeared hot marshmallow on the front his camo overalls which made ds3 decide to grab the hot gook and burn his pinky....I already had an ice pack for the hersheys...so I nursed his little finger with that but boy was he upset at the whole thing...I was not happy with ds2 because I had already said the "waving around of the sticks is what hurts little guys" and I was preparing the crackers and hersheys for incoming marshmallows because their little friends were in a rush to go to a game....sigh...

anyways, OMAD and 1056 calories and my tracker needs charged....I have to get friend up at 430am to go hunting.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:39 PM   #119  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
steak & steamed veggies

Exercise:
JS 1 Mile Lower body circuit w/8's & JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/5's
Old 10-12-2018, 11:30 PM   #120  
Work in Progress

Good evening to all
Teri000 Welcome back LOL

Just my nightly accountability low cal's high carb day, 879 calories, carbs 75

I hope to see a bit of a drop tomorrow before we take off for the weekend and I will be having 3 meals out before I get back home on Sunday afternoon
Closed Thread