Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 11:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

HI ladies...I'm so tired and melatonin is kickin in going to try but might be choppy..

WI 187.2. Think I did ovulate as morning temp was 97.9 still a bit low...but in that case TOM is due Oct 5-7.

so PRAYING no more 190s...who was it talking about the body's weight memory??? Yeah 190-196 for me...

ok...Granny, congrats on breaking into the 140s and super wow on your gear. How did Beau get into trouble?

Nancy, lol...I have always lover to climb and swing on branches and monkey bars...like qtkitty I'm afraid of heights bUT mostly above 10feet...I used to push past the shaky leg feeling to climb to the top of the tallest trees in my neighborhoods where Noone could bother me. I didn't like people back then. I also did it when we played "guns"...I loved everyone walking around searching for me ...I'd let it go for about 30 min...then I'd shoot them all with my finger gun....BAM BAM BAM. .you are all dead...they never saw me.. I have gotten stuck and had to have firefighter come get me before...but I was one of the cats so that was ok..

Terri, how is kitty??? Are you still swimmin?

duranocha, I agree awesome job!!!

welcome Northernchik. Canadian Thanksgiving...woot. I save up my calories to eat an early dinner, have recovery time....and then go to work..

Diana, was your med tweaker down. Feeling better...so the bump up...just keep swimming ...awesome you and Nancy sharing two years...we were together on here a while ago too.

Ciecie...I hear you on housewirk...I get a lot of steps with all the cleaning...time to organize the clothes for fall now...it's been so hot though but I know it wants to sneat up on us.

keli, that's in your maintenance range isn't it...

So my tracker said 33, 030 steps but I hit the ground runn in ng today and it's amazing how much I have to clean and organize before I can leave, but I bought a food box to an old friend from my church ministry...I was supposed to meet a friend at chik fil A but she stood me up....who does that??? I think she may have been offended by something I posted on fb...not sure...but could have just cancelled???? So Seth and I ate there and I had a grilled chicken salad which I don't n I really eat much for lunch...

then I went to take the friends gf to a job interview and tell him about a job another fb friend had posted. When walked in his sister in law crying reporting that my friends boss who he was supposed to be with today was killed in an accident on the road we were just on. He was DO A. They all were tore up...my friend had to call the man's relatives to let them know. .I started bawling because of the persons response on the phone...remembering when I got the call my dad died and how that went. ..I tried to take the poor girl to her interview but she wouldn't stop crying...so they asked her to come back tomorrow (I'll take her)...and the guy with the job offer told my guy friend to wait for his call then come in for the job...so pretty sure he has a new job already. .they have been down and out for a whIle (both)...so really trying to encourage them to stay sober and that God loves them...the man who died wa's his boss (2 man crew usually) and a minister with the last name Scripture...it's been a roller coaster today...

anyways I'm almost incoherently rambling..I ate 1800 some odd calories and will do better tomorrow
Old 10-02-2018, 04:11 AM   #17  

Default October 2018

Hello Everyone!

I have not logged in for a few days.
Welcome Northern Chick!
Jen: Kitty is doing okay. He is very sweet, but like me he is very food oriented and used to canned cat food. (Oh, I am not into canned cat food.) My last cat had dry food for the first half of his life...but that is hard on cat kidneys. I had forgotten what kittens are like...flying through the air, walking through your legs, sneaking through doors, little sharp claws. Because he is a only cat, I need to do lots of play time with him.
Diana: Thanks for starting the October thread.

FOOD: I have been doing less grocery shopping and less fast food. I did buy Klondike bars the other day...and they disappeared...all too soon. I have been making burgers at home. I had 3 tv dinners today...
EXERCISE: I have been skipping the Y. When I work out there, I am too tired to get stuff done at home. I have been walking 35 minutes maybe 5 times/week and doing some knee exercises. Yesterday. I carried four containers of weeds up the hill.
OTHER: I have been sorting stuff. This is a monumental task...Today, I packaged seeds. I also put exercise stuff in a tub.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:32 AM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full body stretch, exercises from the Dr. & 2 planks
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 190
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 2

Ephesians 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Even the mightiest warrior of old was not foolish enough to enter battle without protection. Strength must be tempered with common sense. When we wage war on fat, we need to be well-equipped for the fray. If we give something up, we need to have something to replace it with. Jesus proposed that we should not live by bread only, but upon the word of God. We can protect ourselves from temptation by faith. God will fight our battle alongside us. With Christ, we become an invincible army. We can carry on in the strength of the Spirit, which will allow us to conquer our weight and fears. With Christ comes true power.

Today's thought: With Jesus' might, my fat I'll fight!
Old 10-02-2018, 09:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 188.4/154.2/135

Hey girls! I'm back. Had a great trip. I refuse to weigh in until I undo the damage I've done on our little vacation.

Had a long talk with my kids yesterday about changing our life styles as a family. I'm not sure I will be able to lose much weight with the medicine I take but I can be more healthy and help them at the same time.

I ate only fruit, veggies and lean protein back during some treatments a couple years ago. I stopped because I was loosing so much weight and wasn't supposed to at the time. I was just trying to be healthier and really enjoyed the way it made me feel. It's just hard to get started but I am going to give it another try. Guess it's called clean eating or whole foods...I'm not sure.

Either way if I can or can't lose weight I will know I am healthier than I was.

Kiddos and I went to the park for some extra exercise. We had fun! Sorry for depressed sounding post. I try to stay upbeat most of the time.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #20  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good morning to all!
WI down from last week and not sure how I feel about how accurate it is. I think once I am down 5lb then I will feel better. I am such a slow loser no matter what I do. But the processed foods have been gone a week and I feel fine. Now if I could just get my shoulder to corporate LOL

Northernchick13, I have so done that. I spend Sundays just doing prep work for my breakfast and lunches during the week and have a very specific menu for dinner.
Jen your steps were killing it
qtkitty, sounds like you had a great time on your walk/hike and of course you had to stop at the pet store that is a requirement
terri glad to see things are 'normal' with you LOL
granny thank you for giving me some insight on your future, for me the low carb works and it is something I can maintain...I just fell off that wagon and now have hopped back on
kelly and diana hugs

got to scoot

Old 10-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Good Morning 148.4 drop but not new low.

Had a lot to say but crazy. Lost the post but it had not been saved. So not going to re-create it.

Qtkitty - you know somehow I thought you were in England so I am sure some of my posts did not make a lot of sense. Walmart has cheap hydration packs that are adequate.

Jen - Are you referring to "Beau had a problem" - that was a training problem, like a math problem. He did very well. 33,000+ steps is amazing!

Linewife - my grown kids and grand-kids are part of why I restarted eating a healthy diet. Now one of my daughters is doing my plan and her kids are eating healthier!

Nancy - glad you are making peace with the path that works for you. I think we are all different. Looking forward to your hold at 5 lbs lost.

Teri - I REALLY need to be sorting and purging stuff!

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-02-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #22  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all,
142.7 this morning

Jen you’re right, this is my maintenance range. You’re doing great.

I’ll have to go back and read September thread, so I can get caught up.

GrannyNancy congrats! 140s!

Diana I’ve missed you, hope all is well.

Nancy I wish I had an aqua massage nearby, that must be stressful dealing with those calls.

Northern Happy almost Thanksgiving

Ciecie

Hope everyone has a great night
Old 10-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #23  

Today I had my 5 Optifast shakes and 64 oz of water.

This is my 2nd day with no coffee or tea.

I cooked for my husband today and did not taste it.

I promised myself I will eat a meal on Christmas day and it helps me resist so far. haha
Old 10-02-2018, 10:12 PM   #24  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Tonight was my ladies church meeting. The lady who was suppose to do the devotion has been sick for a few days. I contacted her on Sunday to see if she was going to be able to make it to our meeting and do the devotion. She said she didn't know. I offered to step in her place if she was not well. I decided on Sunday to prepare something just in case. Also, I let her know that I prepared something ahead of time. She thanked me and seemed very relieved. So today I called her and she said she would not be able to make because she still wasn't well. I'm so glad I prepared it ahead of time and I was able to do it. When I first found my church I was scared to even go to the meetings. Now, I am volunteering to do the devotion, LOL. I did feel a bit nervous while I was reading it, but it was OK. Also, I kept with my same plan as last month. I brought my own salad from Chick-fil-a and then brought a fruit bowl for the group to share. That gave me the salad for my entree and the fruit for my dessert while the rest was eating cookies and coconut cake. Anyways, but it did work and I felt good about it.

Kelijpa Hi and welcome back! Keep up the great work!

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
chick-fil-a market salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch & mixed fruit 700 calories or less

Exercise:
TF Fire 45
Old 10-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #25  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Good evening gals
just want a quick accountability for my records Calories 821, carbs 31 a bit high there but the low calories kinda even it out. btw all those carbs are veggies and a little bit of black beans in a taco salad, and kale salad at lunch.

I may eat a bit more but just not really hungry right now. Drinking diet tonic water this evening I really enjoy the tartness
Old 10-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #26  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: nothing, I was tired and went to bed
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yeseterday: 1545 +
Weigh In: 190
No Change

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 3

Job 17:9
The righteous also shall hold on his way, and he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.

Mort juggled his folder of papers, his coffee, and his sweet roll. It seemed as though Mort couldn't go anywhere without his hands full of food. Even now, as he rushed toward an important meeting, he fed his face. As he rounded the corner, a great gust of wind took him by surprise, ripping the folder from his hands. The sheets of his report flew off in many directions as he watched helplessly, sweet roll in hand. Looking at the messy roll clutched in his fingers, he silently swore to cut out all the snacks. Not only were they ruining his body, but now they jeopardized his job. It just wasn't worth it.

Today's thought: I don't want my greatest skill to be my ability to eat!
Old 10-03-2018, 11:13 AM   #27  

Height: 5"6

Hey all! I did the thing where I aimed a little too low on calories and ended up going over. I still clocked in at 1600 but I know I can do better! I worked out and rode my bike so I should focus on what I did well. If getting into the night cheese was the worse part of my day, I guess I did okay!

Reigning it in today and have my regular workout at lunch planned. Today is legs! I also saw a small drop on the scale today but it's still early enough that I doubt myself. My head says "It's just water- you're not really doing it" so I have to work through breaking through that self doubt and skepticism.

I also am taking a course on how to be a travel writer and finished my first big assignment yesterday. I feel great about it! I am trying to not make my physical health my main priority but also include my soul and relationships!

Have an awesome day!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Northernchck, great job on stopping a binge. I have gained almost all of my weight from binge problem. Part of it was chemistry driving me which I had no idea about...I find binging MUCH HARDER with this WOE.

travel writer, sorry but I think of fear and loathing in Las Vegas which my ex convinced me to watch...I thought it was tasteless but funny at times..

my 4 year old asked me yesterday, "is writing your favorite thing?"...I had to REALLY think about it and honestly few things in life give me more pleasure than writing. If I have a pleasant experience, I have to write about it...so I said "yes, baby, it is one of my most favorite things. You are too"

Terri, omg .I remember when I bought my first two kittens home from the humane society...no sleep. .they usually started up at 12 am....they would wrestle and roll as an intertwined ball into everything...I heard BOOM BOOM, BLAM, BANG and reeeeoooowwwwwrrrr until they finally settled down in my bed...and yes ankles beware while you are looking for that morning cup or get up to pee in the middle of the night. .

I can see why 50 laps would have you exhausted...I just might bite the bullet and go see this gym where I'm allowed to bring my young uns...if I pay 15/month...depends on how far it is..but you are right, I also do so much at home...

should I try planting my tulips, muscari, crocus, daffodil, and allium bulbs if temps are still getting above mid 80s...I know they need cold temps to come out ...but will current heat and moisture stress them? Also if it says 6" depth, will that include 2" layer of mulch? Another thing, what do you recommend to keep rodents from touching them once buried?

Diana, that is awesome you were able to do that.. lately, and maybe because I'm almost 40, I have been constantly moved by God to not squander away my talents. I am terrified in front of people...and that is a huge deterrant to try but I actually offered to sing for my street ministry. I sang "blessings" we don't have any equipment but I used what I had...I also have to hear the words to sing as I have almost no ability to recall a tune on my own?

so we sang to the phone playing the song with a blue tooth speaker. I practiced and got another person to sing with me. In vocal, I always sang in duets...my teacher would ask me to sing with our best male singers and I would be confused .but glad..but I would and figured my voice just wasn't good enough on its own...so very rarely would I sing alone...I never questioned it...was just thankful for the opportunity

anyways, I actually GOT HIVES, from being nervous...so my chest was itching like crazy and burning so much so I wanted to put a ice cold water bottle on it...and my lower lip trembled a little as well...but I kept telling myself "I can do all things through Christ, body knock it off"

considering I used to shake uncontrollably in front of people, I feel God CALMS MY NERVES when I need it..and if He can do it with my social anxiety, he can do it with you....so I AM PROUD OF YOU...I hope you get more opportunities...we all have ministries inside of us...we all are assigned to souls and we are the only ones that can reach certain souls with our testimonies and gifts. I am RESOLVING FIRMLY to write more of my book this weekend when boys are gone, I usually have quiet time in the mornings...I definitely ENCOURAGE BOTH OF US to use our gifts. I also wrote another song and offered it to the head musician in my church...nothing spectacular just a heart felt tune that popped into my head...if he doesn't care to work with it, I have a friend that has worked with two of my songs already...

anyways, let's get serious about this????

Duranocha, I choose shakes when I want to do a liquid fast for personal reasons. I feel your pain, but it is a great way to recharge your body, give digestion a rest and let your body do major clean up activities of old and damaged cells.

Nancy that is almost in the 5:2 range that I was doing, remember the 700 calorie daily totals... so I feel your pain but I hope that the composition changes make it worth it. .are you noticing less fatty areas now? My pooch has decreased so much also the curve of my back has become very pronounced. ..still have persistent back boobs, but my curve of my waist is becoming pronounced again ALL NSV changes...that deserve more applause then any accompanying or non existent weight changes..

keli awesome, would you share before and after pics of your progress to inspire others? You are my goal weight range.

Linewife, welcome back...I like to chart progress...have you considered seeing how the vacation actually affected your weight...to me it would remove the fear of feeling out of control on next vacation if I could monitor how long it took to get rid of unwanted gains.

I was 65 pounds lighter without monitor in anything when I was a vegan organic food only eater.. so I understand that but I also remember when I tried to incorporate normal food my weight skyrocketed...and binging became a huge problem.

granny congrats on hooking into the 140s!!! OK so you meant that was his test, because I thought it was an issue he had during the test...sorry.

qt, did you also visit the pet store this week....I like to go to look at the hamsters...I love the little furrballs. I had Russian Campbells I just adored...Joseph, Sammy, Noah, Hannah, Sarah. Joel and Samuel The first two were Joseph and Samuel...well the first night they were there, I dreamt my house was covered in hamsters hanging off the ceiling fan and everything (was a clue). Still didn't realize until I went to clean the cage and there were hairless squirmy critters in there...Samuel...uh Sammy (I named there son Samuel after i researched how to sex them )was already pregnant with Hannah, Sarah, and Joel, but I got my favorite..my albino hamster out of that litter, Joel.

my cats loved them too...ABBY tried to eat Joel once ..Naomi always alerted me if one of them had escaped...she would babysit the couch or the dishwasher until I caught on....Sammy hated my guts probably because I took her babies and her mate away but I had to separate them because of additional pregnancy and possible devouring of young issues, but she hated me nontheless and would ruthlessly attack me during cage changes...I had to wear several gloves and she would clamp down on the finger and hang on...but I would pet her and love her anyways...she died first??? her mate Noah...outlived them all...2 year lifespan usually...I want more but it's not practical here...

so do you hike with lo frequently?? I have a hard time figuring out how to get my lo to come with me on walks...they insist to go....and they can't keep up so I bought scooters last year....too steep hills for bikes for them...the little inertia cars are getting too small for 7 year old and I worry about his knees.. 4 yo might do better with scooter this year...

ok, so 98.0 again this am ..so I did ovulate...sticking with Oct 5-7...feeling moody. WI yesterday was 187.8 and today 187.6...hoping for the post TOM drop further into the 180s and maybe new low...something to look forward to....

keep swimming ladies....we are doing it. .slowly but surely.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:33 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Spiked up to 380 this morning. .. . No no no no.. . Think I am going back to keto .Cause I should gave lost a significant amount of weight and I think vast majority of this is my body retaibibg fluids.

GrannyNancy- I will take it.. Lol.. I must be more prim and propper than I thought hehe

Jen that us the problem buying from a pet store if you get a female pocket pet it's most likely pregnant . Although for fancy tailed guppies it's awesome fir them to be pregnant. Especially a large one who will have a big litter(they live birth) because it adds a lot of genetic diversity to the tank since there usually are 2-3 baby daddies

Okay guys I need recommendations for walking/running shoes, because I wore my thicker tennis shoes so my joints wouldn't hurt.. Well not I have a chunk out of my heel where the shoe tried to eat me!!!!.

Found out a job I appled for you have to be able to run a quarter mile in 2:30. I tried it this morning ended up doing wings to get through it and ran it at 3:55min sooo need to shave off 1.5 minute. I think my biggest hurdle is my head. Second breathing because my body weight feels like it presses down against my ribs kwim . But on the flip side I checked to see how fast my walk was because on the tredmill it's been a 5 minute quarter mile . It's now down to 4:38min.

Last edited by qtkitty; 10-03-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Just popping in 149.4 ........ will post more fully tomorrow....Well, maybe Friday. I am slap wore out......bounce up
Closed Thread