Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:36 AM   #1  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/186.6/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Thumbs up October 2018 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Diana! I'm about three weeks in to trying to solve my regain, and this tends to be where I've given up before. You know the time- you don't see results yet but you're tired! So, I'm posting here to give myself a boost!

The weekend has gone well. Next weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving so I'm going to stay on track all week in preparation. I'm going to work on self love this week too. Definitely struggling with being kind to myself
Talk to you all soon!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:26 PM   #3  
Trying to live below 200

NorthernChick13 Hi and Welcome to the check-in. I am dealing with a regain, too. Good luck with your goals.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/lost my ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

NorthernChick13 welcome to the thread I look forward to knowing more about you

Going to sneak over here and post a bit early LOL I am actually looking forward to my Tuesday weigh in which will be my official weigh in for 1 week in on (loosely) Atkins, only one day of a high of around 50 carbs the rest manageable between 15-25 and calories approximately 1300. Diana you know how my journey has gone you have been with me for....gosh you know it will be two years this month in October??? So this feels right to re-energize at the two year mark. I am still down from my original high but up from my low in these past two years.

I am still not ready for the gym and weight lifting but may try the cardio part on Monday. I am measuring my shoulder 'wellness' by -- could I pull off a wet sports bra? right now the answer is no, can I lift my arm above my head, the answer is yes, so progress!

I wish everyone success this month with their goals or maintaining their goals....back later.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:42 PM   #5  
Trying to live below 200

nancylmrn Welcome back. Yay for the shoulder being better!
Old 09-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #6  

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, Diana and Nancylmrn! During my first year of teaching in 2011, I neglected my body and gained 60 lbs. 2013 was a killer year and I lost about 65 all together but since then, I've hovered in the middle. I feel a little out of control, as I know "what to do", so it's frustrating I haven't had success in the past few years. I should be easier on myself because a lot of the regain was due to grief eating when I lost a few people very close to me so I'm trying to practice self love and remember that if I did it before, I can do it again! I love running and HATE weights, but I seem to not get great results when I'm just wondering. Haha so that sucks! I'm enjoying the 21 Day Fix, as I'm used to Jillian Michaels but a friend is helping me try something new. I'm not doing shakes or anything- just the videos I also won't see friends or family until Christmas as I live very far from my loved ones so that gives me extra motivation to get that glorious "hey, did you lose weight?" comment! I just got new weights and am working out in my classroom over the lunch hour.

I also love to travel and a few great vacations coming up! I want to be my best self on vacay! Cheers to October!! Good luck to you both! You're already amazing just for signing on for the October thread!!!!
Old 10-01-2018, 03:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Well fell asleep before I could post about my day yesterday.

Down to 374.6.. Which means I am finally out if that cycle of going between 375 and 378 .. I hope it keeps going down.

I went on 2 hikes .. First one I needed to get out went to the trusty place where the paths nice , but it was PACKED! ! ! So I went to this one trail I had wanted to try. It was so muddy I almost lost a shoe, so decided to come back. And walked the other little trail until I came along the same issue. I will be so glad when things dry out!!

Second hike ended up going to the place that was to packed and it was better.... Daughter had begged to go hiking .. She wanted to go on the hard trail , but I knew we didn't have time for that. So took her a different way and ended up at the playground and swang and helped her climb on things. She has the same scared of pitifully low heights that I do. Put me on a step ladder my legs start shaking same as if I was in the St Luis arch lol .

Ended the day with over 4 Mi under my belt.

Last edited by qtkitty; 10-01-2018 at 03:22 AM.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #8  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! Welcome back!

Last night: Full body stretch, exercises from the Dr. & 2 planks
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1290 +
Weigh In: 190.2
Down: .4

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

October 1

2 Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches,in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Having to diet was like having a bad rash. It was almost impossible to ignore, and it never went away. It was a real test of will not to give in when the stomach started growling. More than anything he ate regularly, just not as much as he was used to. He always prided himself on being a strong person. His diet was proving otherwise. He was short-tempered and cranky. As hard as it was, he had to admit he needed help. He prayed for God to strengthen him through his diet. With God's help, he felt he might just make it.

Today's thought: I'm stronger than my stomach gives me credit for being!
Old 10-01-2018, 09:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/149/140

Height: 5'6" - 63 YO

Good Morning 148.8 - little bump up but not bad and down 3.2 for the week so happy about that. WooHooo it ate my post BUT "restore auto-saved content" worked.

Yesterday walked only 16,208 steps but the search was off trail with a lot of climbing in and out of ravines so Mr. Garmin sez I burned a lot more calories than normal. Ate 1750 calories but Ms Cronometer sez I had an 850 calorie deficit so I will accept both of those.

Today I have already covered 11,651 steps with the goal of 16,000 but that will be 2 miles of a 4:1 interval walk. We did have a higher avg speed this morning's walk.
Today is planned and is 1156 calories

_______

Nancy - you asked about maintenance - my plan is to weigh daily and continue charting and set alert and action limits on the graph. (QC tools) since we know there is bounce. I do plan on staying with my current plan as I find it to be more liberating than burdensome. Of course I may have the occasional eating out deviation but I think I will have to find the balance. The lifestyle change is part of what attracted me to it and the plan allows gradual increases in whole grains and fruits during the maintenance phase. I may need to be open minded as I add muscle and also later have excess skin removed - I also have an Omron handhelf body fat meter and I am going to see what kind of variation of have with that by logging and setting those guardbands (which are based on standard deviations of the data). Tracking and trending. I knew getting that CQE was good for something!!! [not for more money at work, though]

Duranchoa - I agree with Nancy that 10lbs in one month is awesome. Steady 1-3 lbs a week is very realistic.

NothernChick - Hi -

Qtkitty - Cool for the hiking but girl, you need to come up with some better shoes before winter hits! Its always nice when you cross a weight threshold. I honestly think our bodies have places where they remember we have been for awhile and don't want to "leave" that weight.

EDIT - had a frustrating personal phone call and walked while talking Holy Moly now at 19,601 steps and need to burn off some more out of stress.

Last edited by grannynancy; 10-01-2018 at 12:57 PM.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Good morning OCTOBER
Well tomorrow I will officially log my WI for 1 full week on my low carb, no bread, pasta, rice etc....lol Actually as long as I plan out I do ok. For instance on our frig I have a white board with a list of eve meals DH and I enjoy and are quick to fix. So I just mark which meal on which day and poof meal planning done. Breakfast is always an egg dish I can take to work to re-heat, and lunch has been lately a bag salad/kale with a hard boiled egg/turkey kielbasa and low fat dressing. Snacks cherry tomato, moon cheese, Atkins bars. So really I have been coming out around 1100-1300 cal and roughly 15-25 carbs per day. Yesterday though was a low day calories wise under 850 and carbs higher 24. I would have thought I would have seen a drop this am but I know my body it takes 3 days for it to register a change LOL

Back later
Old 10-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 457/see sig/200(or size18)

Height: 5ft9

Well back to 376.4 *gives scale evil eyes*

Day care was closed today, so picked up kid at school. She has wanted to see where this trail in town went for awhile so we did that. Saw a hawk and bald eagle.. The bald eagle was fishing in the waste water treatment plant pond ��. Not much further down the trail she was asking me if it was over.. I hadn't said anything and tried to stay positive, but i was feeling the same. The path was paved the whole time and i can feel my joints are inflamed from the added impact. It was like 2.8 miles . Ended up the path came out on a road randomly , so we ended up hiking up into town and of course had to stop at the pet store. Then ate out at Denny's. My stomach is full joints are feeling warm and I am tired.. I am hoping to sleep good tonight.
qtkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:54 PM   #12  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

qtkitty I hope you rest well tonight.

Total Approx 1545 Calories +

Breakfast (430 Calories + )
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
300g. Veggies 90 calories
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000, workout 1 w/5's
45 minutes treadmill
Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #13  

Killed it today with your support! Started to binge mid day but got it under control and am ending around 1250. I also struggle to get enough veggies so I'm happy to report I made two huge pans of veggie dishes I will gobble up to last me the week. One is roasted garlic, broccoli, cauliflower and portioned cheddar cheese and the other is a big medley of root veggies. I have used every single tupperware container in my house, haha! I also got my workout in and am drinking regular plain water out of my favourite wine glass.

A good day indeed! I hope everyone else had a great start to the month!
Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #14  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/144.3/140

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hey all!
143.4 this morning

Hope everyone is doing well. I canít believe September is over. Went by so fast. Sorry I missed the whole month it seems.

Wishing you all the best
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

Good evening to all
Was a crazy day....on my way to the 'Plant' for my morning aqua massage and for got my 'ears' (hearing aids) so had to drive back home so that ate up 30 min of my me time. So needless to say did not get my massage until my way home....sheesh
Of course working for a company that install gutters .....it rained this weekend and you would have thought the world has come to an end.. phone calls are crazy...ME: standard greeting, PT (potential customer), my gutters are over flowing can you get someone here today <in a high pitched voice> Me: I am sorry all our crew are in the field. I can take your information and have our estimator come out and take a look, he is out about 5-7 business days.....PC: oh no I can't wait that long I will have to call someone else...hangs up...ME okay good luck with that. This is like trying to find a landscaper in the middle of the summer when you grass is 4feet tall and the HOA is going to fine you. You knew it was bad, you knew you needed it fixed. You waited until it was beyond bad to call and expect us to cut you in line of those that have been waiting for a few weeks for service.....ok rant over LOL

Calories 1149, carbs 19 so score on both in my range we will see what the WI says in the am