Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #226  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning gals

I am looking forward to a long week of stress getting ready for a Christmas eve and Christmas dinner. Got some serious cleaning to do in the kitchen and bathroom. Then a quick trip grocery store for last minute shopping

Am down this morning at 173.0
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:20 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

I've been so bad about coming here to talk to all of you and give you support! I've been doing poorly lately... I had a week that was going really well. One day seemed like a fluke, the second day seemed like a streak, and at 5 days I thought maybe my habits were changing. Then, of course, I fall into a bingeing spree

Yesterday was better. I finally got myself to the gym after work, and just had a smoothie then a large dinner of soup and bread, but kept under my calorie limit.

Today is going okay, too. I had another green smoothie for breakfast, then some leftover Chinese food.
I'm going to try not to eat before I go to work, or if anything, just a piece of fruit. My acne has been SO bad lately too! It's on my chest, back, and shoulders, not to mention my face. I hate it.... I've struggled with acne since high school (I'm only 22 now, though), and I'm so sick of it. Even when I was at my best eating habits, I've never had clear skin.

Anyway, I am determined to lose these last 15 or 20 pounds, change my habits for the better, and feel healthier and happier!
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:11 PM   #228  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Happy Monday! I'm new to this thread. Just beginning yet another weight loss journey and looking for some support, as well as looking to support others!

Helianthus - you can do it! I feel your pain when it comes to acne, I've been on medicated creams for many (many) years. I'm 27 now and when I forget to wash my face before bed: all **** breaks loose. I also find when I'm eating well and working out my acne is considerably better. It's something I need to continually remind myself so that I stick to my workout and healthy eating routines.

nancylmrn - Congrats on the loss!! I've got to get some groceries tonight too to prep for the big day!
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:02 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 170/168/150

Height: 5'8

Rustylush- thanks I just got some topical medicine for my acne, too (I used to use it in high school), but I feel like it destroys my skin with the acne. My skin is so dry from it!

Anyway, today is closing up nicely. I went to the gym and did some ab exercises, then 40 minutes of cardio. I came home and had an herb salad with hummus, bread, and some chips. I probably should've picked bread or chips- not both, but it's far better than oily pasta or just bread and hummus and chips
Helianthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #230  

Hi everyone, just sitting and waiting for the eggs to boil and then hitting the couch. I did a WI this morning and lost another 3.3 lbs! I was taken by pleasant surprise. Yesterday the menu went as planned, I made the baked haddock. Had baked haddock with some green beens and salad, dessert was a portion of friendly's low fat pistachio ice cream and then I had some leftover fish for dinner with a little salad and broccoli. fudge pop for dessert. We had a very nice day with my parents, as always.

I was out and on the go most of the day, cleaned up the kitchen this morning and then took my parents to a doc's apt, Dh got back shortly after me and we went grocery shopping. I was HUNGRY , first time I had trouble at the market like that but we got what we needed and left! lol

3/4 grilled chicken breast with lemon and pepper for lunch, no veggies, I was gone all day.
Dinner- roast chicken, butternut squash, and greek salad.
snack-? I don't know yet, feel satisfied right now.

I will post tomorrow's menu tomorrow. I want to those of you who joined and welcome back. Nancy congrats on the loss, I have to log but I will catch up with you all soon. Have a wonderful night.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #231  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

rustylush Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits full body weights w/15's
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:48 PM   #232  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

welcome rustylush

And thank you for the congrats with the weight loss. Those of you who know how I struggle just to see the scale move .2 down is a celebration.

Weekend! wow 3.3 pounds!

I am still sticking to the strict induction on Atkins...this is the beginning of week 10 and you know of my only two slip ups and my total is now up to 13lbs.

I am re-organizing my home office and right now everything is upside down...So I am using the method of after picking it up 'does it bring me joy' if not it goes to donate, sell or trash. I am down to 3 small boxes and a pile yet to make final decisions on. Of course some things are not joyous but practical and have to keep but you get the picture.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #233  

Smile December 2016 goals

Hey!

Not much in the "change" department. Weight still the same.
216/218/214/209.2/210.3/209

EXERCISE: did not get to the health club, did a little gardening outside, recumbent bike 40 min. indoors.
DIET: using up food in house. No milk or egg beaters, so I'm having Chinese for breakfast. Eat too much dark chocolate, but I am making it last a long time.
OTHER: did an XMAS card, did some wrapping. Looked over bills to see how much I am spending on food...TOO MUCH

GOALS: put myself on a food budget.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #234  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Just popping in, still so mad at a post I came across just there, I wrote complete war and peace on it.

If you are not here to lose weight, motivate, share experiences, or keep daily accountability..... WTF are you even in this forum for? I hate it when keyboard warriors try and hurt other peoples feelings, harsh truths or not.... some people need to be told in a more caring way. I know many people in this forum suffer from depression and other mental or physical barriers, just because I don't suffer, doesn't mean I wont sit and listen to any problems that you all may have.

AAArrgggghhh I hate nastyness.

Rant over....... Also hit back at my Low again of 280.3 That darn barrier!
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:58 AM   #235  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting) and SI Joint exercises on my own
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 172
No Change

This is a tough time of year on a lot of fronts. Wishing everyone peace in their life. Wishing everyone strength who needs it. And a lot of all the way around.

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:33 AM   #236  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone.

rustylush - to the thread.

Weekend Boater - Contratulations on your 3.3 pound loss

Diana - Wishing you much strength also during this time of the year

No change in weight for me. I'm bouncing between 205-207. Today I'm working from home so I will definitely get in a nice walk later today.

Log
B: Oatmeal w/cranberries & walnuts, coffee w/ 1/2 C milk & flavored creamer
L: Salad w/shrimp & crab meat, WW Brownie
D: Salad, mango
S: Orange, banana, pecans, tea
Exercise: Walked 45 mins

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-20-2016 at 03:57 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:38 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have been really busy lately, no time to post. Also, nothing very good to report. A bunch of stuff (nothing major, just lots of littles) came up which made me have to basically abandon my 12 week plan for the next couple weeks, but I'm doing what I can, and then I'll do a restart on Jan 1. I'm up a couple pounds too, which also isn't good. 2017 is going to have to be my year of discipline. 2016 was my year of beauty, and I did pretty well with that, but I have GOT to become more disciplined. I do a lot of things, work full time, run my own business, etc, so it sounds like I've got it all together, but I have a real problem with not doing more than one thing a day. So if I work on a house, then I don't want to exercise, even if that work was a 5 minute tiny little job. I think it is a leftover from my depression, when I actually couldn't accomplish more than one thing a day. I think I'll restart Fly Lady as well on Jan 1, because I'm tired of letting my house become disaster, and then having to spend my weekends cleaning. So that's my plan for the new year...become disciplined.

Has anyone else started working on their plans for 2017?

ETA - Scotsgal, I think I just across the posts that you were talking about....I don't understand why that person is on these boards either. Every post I've seen from her lately is "don't diet, don't lose weight". Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that the mods haven't done something about it, but she's been here a long time, and wasn't always like this.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 12-20-2016 at 01:47 PM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:45 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 12/20/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well! I'm back...

I've read all of the posts and it looks like everyone is doing very well despite this trying time of year for dieting. Your posts are an inspiration for me!

I'm too exhausted to try to do personals today after spending so much time catching up, so I hope that is okay. I've missed the supportive presence of this forum. Hope to be back as a regular again.

WI - 201.6, not sure where I was at my last post. But, hoping to get back to Onderland by Jan. 1.

Plan for today - calories 1,484; carb 102; fat 65; protein 129; sodium 2,714; sugar 44.

Exercise - 3.2 miles walking with dogs, burned 260 net calories. Steps so far, 10,113. Water - 100 oz.

Hope you all have a great day! Glad to be back!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:57 PM   #239  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Hi all *waves*

What a past 24 hours, that's all I can say! I'm down 4.1 lbs (which is insane, but likely water weight), and I also just booked a last minute flight home for Christmas! It was ridiculously expensive, but totally worth it, as I haven't shared Christmas with my friends and family for three years.

Today's log:
B: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 clementines, green tea
L: Salad w/ chicken thighs, 2 rice cakes
D: ... Subway
S: Apple, banana
EX: 30 minute power walk last night

Question- what should I be eating at Subway that isn't horrible for me? The diet I'm on has little to no sodium, so I don't want to ruin things by adding in a processed ham or something like that. Any ideas? (As I type this I feel like I need to go to Subway's website and check the cals/sodium. Bahah)

Congrats on the low Scotsgal! <3
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:46 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 313/175/147

Height: 5'7.5

Hey all!

This time of year is hard. Weather wise we don't have a lot of light and my mood has been a little less than sunny. Two toddlers getting cabin fever doesn't help much either! My calories have been in the 2000-2200 range, but I have kept my workouts up. While I lost 3.5 lbs my previous check in, I gained 1 the following week. Hopefully this Saturday things level out. I'm fairly certain its just natural fluctuations - I expect it every 2 weeks or so.

My plan for Christmas is to be realistic Christmas Eve, stay within my numbers and still workout. Christmas Day I will have a non-calorie tracking day, but I think I want to still workout. I am becoming more realistic with my expectations out of a healthy lifestyle. I used to struggle with binge eating (I didn't realize that's what it was for a long time), but now I realize that I can enjoy something and not continue that 'enjoyment' on to another meal/day/week/year/etc...

rustylush Congrats on the weight loss! And how exciting to get to go home for Christmas after so long. As far as the Subway goes - I think pretty much all their meats are going to be fairly high in sodium. I usually go for the oven roasted chicken breast since there's no sauce or marinade with it, or you could try a salad and forgo the bread (which also has sodium). I hate sodium.

I hope you all are having a lovely week. I hope to report back in later this week with a loss.
JulesMarion is offline   Reply With Quote