Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2016, 06:17 AM   #166  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I have went fro 282.5 to 280.8 Well my tummy feels much better today I can't believe how different I feel with a lot less crap in me again sorry about the TMI.

Well its a new low and makes me 42.2lbs down.

I need to keep under calories this full week so that I can get ahead of myself a little.

Nancy Thank you, Feeling much better today. I am the same, I have a few little extras and my weight goes nuts. Keep positive and get back on track

Sundove Thank you, I get frustrated at myself for not hitting my goals, especially when I have made them soo achievable. Today has given me a little boost, so I am hoping to at least get much closer to by Christmas goal than I was thinking I would a few days ago. Also my tendonitis is in both elbows, I have been a Scottish Pipe Band Drummer since I was 13, and it has caused havoc with my tendons. I was meant to have surgery, but I have managed to avoid it.

Diana I actually drink a cup of tea every morning with my breakfast, I can feel it work on me a bit, but then it just stops and doesn't get anywhere. I think It might be a lack of fibre, because I am very cautious about my carb intake, I think I need to somehow get some flaxseed into my diet.

Weekend Well done! that's a great loss I have had a rubbish weekend with snacking on bits here and there, so I need to be very careful what I eat also or Ill gain. I am hoping hat we all have the strength to get through without any major upsets.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:57 AM   #167  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: A full body stretch on my own and SI Joint exercises on my own
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 1

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 173.4
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Did better on day 2 of challenge. Managed to eat all the food (1500 calories is a LOT of food when you are eating clean) and did the workout. A little sore today, but to be expected after doing lower body after a 2 week break.

I've come down with my annual case of sinus induced laryingitis. I feel kind of like death right now. I'm at work, but unless some miracle of recovery occurs, I plan on taking my laptop and heading back home after a couple hours. I don't usually bring it home with me, or I'd have not come in, but I've got a couple of things due today and tomorrow that I need to accomplish, so had to come get it. I'm super tired, but other than that at least the sickness is limited to my head, plus today I only have to walk, so I should be able to stay on plan.

Scotsgal - Congrats on your new low! I totally understand the frustration at not hitting goals...heck, I've been trying to get out of the 210s for like three months now. But you'll get there eventually!

WeekendBoater - Congrats on your monthly loss and for onderland!

Nancy - Sure, but once I start talking about weight lifting I may never stop! I'm currently following Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 program, and using the Boring But Big for accessory work. It's a 4 day/week barbell program with a upper/lower split. Each day you focus on 1 compound lift (overhead press, deadlift, bench press, squat). BBB is for the accessory work, which is just doing the same lift (or the complementary one, ie deads for squats so you hit each lift 2/x a week, which is what I do) for 5 sets 10 at 50% of your training max (which is set at 90% of your actual max). That's the core of the program, and then you can a couple easy accessories to that if you still have time/energy. This is considered an intermediate program since it has a much slower progression compared to a beginner linear program, but I've been lifting a solid 6 months, plus with my back issues I wanted a slow progression.

Scotsgal - Right now I've got my macros set at 150g protein, 100g carb, 60g fat. It is tricky to keep it on the money, not really sure how people do IIFYM on the fly, I need to plan things out way in advance which is why I tend to eat the exact same menu day by day.

Kelijpa - I wish I had a snow day. I could have really used an excuse to stay home. Good for you for donating blood...I'm too terrified of needles to even try.

Teri000 - So close! You can do it!

Diana, Sundove, Jules, Syckgirlsfv, and anyone else I missed

Last edited by MonteCristo; 12-13-2016 at 08:37 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:46 AM   #169  

Default Oh-oh

Hello,

This will be a quick one. Wt. up almost a pound. Guess yesterday's weigh-in was due to dehydration.

EXERCISE: only had time to swim 25 laps.
DIET: no frappes this week! Only one square of chocolate yesterday. Only one fiber bar. Bought the PB powder! You guys are a good influence! 3 pieces of fruit and 2 veggies. I thought my diet was great yesterday, but it did not show up on the scale.
OTHER: I am sooooooo overwhelmed by stuff I need to do. Nyahhhh!
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #170  

Good morning ladies A bit tired today as I was up late and up early although it is nice to have the sunshine today!

I have some great news in that my ankle is absolutely fine now! I did not exercise at all with the exception of a walk or two last week and it went away! I am very thankful for that. Yesterday I parked a ways from the market and walked and I can walk fast now! : ) no pain, nothing! So now, no excuse not to start exercising again although I am afraid of doing the tape, maybe I can start with the 15 min one again and take it from there.
Wish I could walk, I hate the cold but who knows..in any event there are things I can do so I will be working on my head and the next few days and will catch up with my rest.

I love coming in to read all of your news. I miss you gals when I miss a day.
Oh btw, DH lost another lb. (he lost 12 or13 i think and broke another digit, only 10 away from ideal weight) yesterday, it was the fish..I just know it! I felt lighter today too but no way going on that scale for a while as I mentioned.

Why am I suddenly seeing ads here in the post? I was not before.

JulesMarion Congratulations on the loss, that is fantastic

nancy hey you! smile. You did so good at that Christmas party! wtg alcohol messes with me too, I think I will swear it off for the winter, good time of year to do that. I totally understand what you mean being in as far as you are and feeling like wanting something, maybe make a new dish of sorts that's healthy but tastes sinfully good! Anyhow, you're doing good...I bet that gain is fluid, wtg on hanging in there and keeping at it!

Teri I am curious, why did she say that about swimming (not losing weight as much with it)? Is it because of less resistance somehow? It is such a wonderful and toning sport, hmm .

kelijpa I hope you had a great time in NYC with your friends. I am sure it is very pretty this time of year. Stay warm. I so hope we don't get a lot of snow this year.

Scotsgal you are too funny! lol...the friend and taxi! hahaha : ).
Congratulations on that loss! WTG! I had the same reaction as our Sun here, that is a fantastic loss and you are so close to breaking another digit! keep up the good work hon. As for your tendonitis, I am glad that the upper bod exercises are helping. You must be very good at the Scottish drums! Cool! Oh the baby lamb chops I made, I cook them in a regular pot but I cook it low to just a bit of a tiny boil..about an hour and a half until the meat falls off the bone.

Sundove congrats on having a great day yesterday
your menu looks super! Thanks for the congrats and support, thanks ladies. Keep on shining Sun

Diana I see your getting better! yay! : ) You know, DH likes prime rib and ribeye too! He got a big rib eye a couple times this past month.

MonteCristo Hi , thanks! : ) is it day 3 today? I hope your having a good day and I am sorry to hear that your not feeling well, I hope you do go home and feel better!

GettinFit Looking forward to your return, I hope everything went ok in Florida and your mom is ok. Thank god my parents are healthy, hmm, one of the reasons I want to be healthy and strong, I want to take care of my parents as they age. God bless you and your loved ones and that goes out to all of you.

Zonie Miss you chicky, hope all is well and you had a great weekend.
[B]Margot, Emily, and to all of you...hope all is well too, I love to hear your news....hug to you all.

That's all my news for now ladies. Oh I was thinking to put how I do the fish here incase someone would like to try it. I don't use recipe's as I have been cooking most of my dishes for years and just go by eye but recently I have been taking note as I have made some modifications to my baked haddock (in an effort to cut some of the cals)

Baked Haddock
For about a 2lb filet (I like it skinned) I use approx. 15 low fat ritz crackers (enough to generously coat the fish), 4 Tbs. margarine (melted) and 2 Tablespoon's low fat Hellman's may mixed with 1Tbs. regular hellman's. I rinse use a medium sized pyrex casserole pan and cut the fish into pieces. I coat both sides of the fish with the mayo, (be sure to preheat the oven to 400) then I put a little of the melted margarine under each piece of fish, after I top it generously with the crushed ritz (I use rolling pin) press it down a bit and then dribble over the remaining margarine over the fish. Sprinkle some paprika on top for color. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for appox. 23 minutes! (in my oven, it's perfect) Do NOt go under 20 or over 25...I would check it at 22 minutes. The fish will flake easily when cooked.

As many of you know, I just started incorportating the fish weekly (I made it again last night) It's the first time I had any type of cracker and margarine but I do use it when I make the fish and we eat a lot of it!! I love mine with fresh squeezed lemon on top (DH does not). Fish always worked wonders for me. If any of you try it let me know ok? It sounds funky but it is delicious!

OK, now that is really all my news for now! LOL menu tonight, I have some beef to cook and I bought another cabbage, I want to make the beef cabbage lasagna dish (could live off of that stuff and it taste's too good to seem healthy! ) I used pasta for the first time in a month when I made it last week, I put in 1 cup of whole grain brown rice and that's all it needed! Okay, I am hushing now for real! hahahah Have a wonderful day sweet ladies, catch you soon
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 AM   #171  

no wait, I think I put in a half cup, grrr lol
Old 12-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #172  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

morning! it's Tuesday and I realize I forgot Monday! LOL Weight is holding steady between the 157.6 i weighed this weekend and 158.4. I'm on it! Been drinking a ton of water/tea/lemonade and it's working pretty good at keeping water weight at bay.

Scotsgal LOL no I guess a taxi wouldn't work for me but sometimes I'm close! ha ha If I am asleep I won't wake up from it, but if I happen to be awake and he's snoring then sleep is off the table! Thankfully it isn't all the time or I'd have to do something to him! On the TMI thing...I sometimes have had issues too, but since I've incorporated chia seed in to my afternoon shake I haven't. Maybe try something like that.

Menu:
b - vegan vanilla 310 shake w/cashew milk, fresh pineapple, bunch of baby spinach
s - hard boiled egss, string cheese
l - chocolate 310 shake w/cashew milk, brazil nuts, livfit powder, chia seeds, PB2, and flavor god chocolate donut seasoning
d - TBD

not sure if any exercise today - need to shop at Trader Joes after work. We did walk 3.5 miles last night though. Oh! I meant to mention that I got ordered a Fitbit charge HR online yesterday...Target had them for $49.99!!! They are usually $129 - GREAT deal! back later!!!
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #173  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick update

Still up a solid 1.0lb and still pushing water water water

Thank you montecristo I am researching 5/3/1 plan now to see if this is something that will work for me
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #174  

Hi again ladies, checking in with a quickie post.

Sychgirl nice going on that 3.5 mile walk! Congrats on your fitbit thanks for sharing the info with us too!

nancy yay on the water, In the past when I used to weigh frequently I found that when I drank a lot of water I might still be up the next day and for my body anyways, the loss would show up a day or two after that. Hope you are all having a good night.

okay I have some news to share. First, menu change! Grilled chicken and broccoli tonight and I will make the beef and cabbage tomorrow. Also, I have been looking around at fitness places. I am NOT the gym type and one of those types of people that like to work out privately. I found some personal trainers........ah they would not tell me the cost! LOL so I have no idea! They said to make an appt. and will devise a plan for me , to make a long story short.....I am going in this week! Am I nervous, OMG yes! Shaking already! I told him a bit about my story and my fear of re injuring myself and I must start out slowly. They have good credentials which is important, especially given I am pretty fresh off the injury. I have one other place to look at where the guy was also a physical therapist for years. No idea if I can afford this type of thing right now but going in to find out what it's all about, if I even like it, and more info on their contract etc. One of my main goals is strength training and right now for various reasons it would be good for me to get away from the home a bit before I go into total winter hermitsville hibernation mode! lol I will let you guys know how it pans out, First I have to get my hiney down there and not cop out! Have a great evening everyone and I will catch you tomorrow.

Oh and I have a new goal and pledge that I would like to share here. Although my weight loss has been good, those times I drank I felt off the next day.....sluggish, lazy to work out etc. and I feel that this would impede my goal of getting on the exercise track not that it would impede others but just something I notice throws me off a bit and I prefer to go without right now until March!! Plenty of time for summer fun, want to buckle down in all ways right now. Tough time right now with the holidays and all but that's part of the reason too!
Old 12-13-2016, 04:38 PM   #175  

me again, just wanted to tell everyone I was reading the news and there have been some injuries with Cuisinart food processors (I guess blade cracking and falling apart in food). There is a recall list and they are replacing the blades on those on the list so those of you interested may want to do a search and look it up. Logging , hugs ladies..hope we all wake up to a good day tomorrow
Old 12-13-2016, 07:54 PM   #176  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello all,

Missed posting this morning, did get my stretches in, so there's a positive. On plan so far today. I took tomorrow off work, getting my car inspected then bowling with DH as a substitute in the afternoon. We're getting a snow shower, so glad to have the car dropped off, also can sleep in tomorrow, yay!

Diana Hunter will be getting something, he always makes out pretty good I've never been a fan of lamb either, I wonder if I just never had it prepared well. Funny seeing you and Scotsgal talking about the squatty potty, i was in the grocery store walking down the aisle and see the thing in the aisle where they sell toilet paper and such, a lady was walking towards me, we both looked at it like, huh?! It would be kind of funny to say I bought my squatty potty in the grocery store I wonder if it helps, did you watch the YouTube video with the unicorn? Kind of funny and kind of gross...lol

Hope everyone has a great day and evening

Last edited by kelijpa; 12-13-2016 at 08:04 PM.
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #177  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
did you watch the YouTube video with the unicorn? Kind of funny and kind of gross...lol

I missed the unicorn video. Should I look for it? Or would I end up permanently traumatized? I do get traumatized quite easily these days.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:56 PM   #178  
Trying to live below 200

Ok, so I have been traumatized! I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy soft serve again.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #179  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled Salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Lean Body Circuits - combined workouts w/15's
Old 12-13-2016, 11:49 PM   #180  

Hi Everyone,
Well, I think I am traumatized just reading the Diana's & kelijpa's posts about the unicorn. Didn't need to watch the video

Zoniegirl Miss ya & hope to read you soon.

MonteCristo Hope you get the work stuff out of the way so that you can take good care of that sinus laryngitis. Feel better soon!

WeekendBoater Thank-you for the support! I hope you love the time with the trainer. I think I know what you mean about that sluggish lazy feeling. I get that way also after a lot of sweets or other junk food. What a great way to keep your momentum going

Flower123 I hope you are kicking that strep. And staying warm.

Quick check in as I need to get some stretches in: This is weird, I think I had 1076 calories according to MFP. But I feel full. Now I think I may have had a protein shake at work, but I can't remember. I'll have to see if it's still in my locker tomorrow. If I had it, calories are 1276. That's ok too.

B cashew milk & protein shake in coffee, egg bake with veggies
L salad with chicken, homemade dressing with evoo
D Brussels sprouts
S No Cow bar

Hope everyone is weathering the weather and the season's challenges It sure helps me to read everyone's news & have a place to be accountable.

Last edited by Sundove; 12-13-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote